Back up of Money Data to online location

Hey everyone.

I run MS-Money 2003 Deluxe, and would like to figure out a
way to backup my data some place other than my hard drive.

Obviously, I can just take the backed-up file and manually
upload it to a place online, but I was hoping to find a
more elegant (and more automated) solution. Any
suggestions?
0
rothyoram (1)
7/7/2003 8:36:03 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Money can backup to (hard disk) any UNC filename you have access to. So, if
you have UNC access to someshare on someserver, set the target for the
backup to \\someserver\someshare\my_money_backup.

"Yoram" <rothyoram@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I run MS-Money 2003 Deluxe, and would like to figure out a
> way to backup my data some place other than my hard drive.
>
> Obviously, I can just take the backed-up file and manually
> upload it to a place online, but I was hoping to find a
> more elegant (and more automated) solution. Any
> suggestions?

Help needed with Money 2003 files
Hi there, I've been using money 2003 for years even when upgrading to new PC's as I had the original disk. I've just had to rebuild my hard drive and now cannot find the disk anywhere so cannot install Money. As you cannot now buy Money, I've tried downloading the trial version of Money so that I can access all the account details/balances but it says that they're not compatible with earlier versions of money. Is there anything that I can do to get these files open or have I lost all my records for the last 6 years? I'd really appreciate your assistance. Jayne EggHead...

Archive Money File
Need a little help. I've been using Money since it first came out many years ago. My .mny file is now 35,444KB after I archive all the transactions prior to 1/1/2004. I have bought and sold a lot of stocks, bonds, cars, etc. over the last 10 years or so. Is there any way to clear out the old "investment" transactions without affecting the networth history? Nope. For many reasons, archiving is lame and destructive and many of us recommend against it and do not do it ourselves. My file is well over 50 MB. I live with it and rather prefer that all of this historical ...

Push single contact field data into prepared excel workbook
I am new to macros but ameager to get some formulated to help run my small business. I have been trying to find some code which suits my requirement of pushing signgular fields from a contact into a pre-prepared excel book which is loaded with the next stage of macro-powered automation. I recieve enquiries both via email and by phone. I use my blackberry to save phone enquiries to address book and Anagram for Blackberry to capture the required contact data from our email enquiry form. Both are then synchronised with my Outlook contacts. Either from the point of creation, or through ...

how to change default delivery location to my new pst file
dear all. my user has outlook 2000 sp3 running on windows 2000. i have change the default delivery location to my new pst file in account manager, but it did not work, new email is delivered to old pst file. do you have any idea on resolving this issue?? Try renaming the old .pst to .old and then retry it when Outlook is opened - point it to the new .pst file. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, sf= asked: | dear al...

Mapping Geographic Data
I want to create a data map and I need to have Microsoft Map installed. Apparently Microsoft Map was not installed when our IT Department installed Excel (I am running Excel 2003). I believe I ahve to rerun Setup to install Microsoft Map however my IT Department says they can't find Microsoft Map in the Setup file. Can any one help me tell them how to locate Microsoft Map in the Setup file? Hi, Map was dropped as a free add on to excel after xl2000, I think that's the version. Anyhow to get Maps in xl2003 you will need to buy the standard alone program. Cheers Andy Mike wro...

Linked cells, make the data go hard manually
I'd like to convert a cell linked to a previous day to hard numbers once a day. Is that possible? By 'hard number' you mean one that is no longer linked, you could copy, then paste as, paste value. HTH, Carole O "Johnny" wrote: > I'd like to convert a cell linked to a previous day to hard numbers once a > day. Is that possible? ...

Work out tithe in Money
I know I'm using a very old version but a brief search seems to suggest that the situation has not changed much since from 2001 so I'll still ask this question. Why does Microsoft Money not have a built in way of calculating tithe? I'm sure I'm not the only person left in the world that still believes that the first 10% of earnings should be given away (to God or whoever you believe it should go to). Is there a good way of calculating this in Money? All I want is an option that you can select which will total the total net income each month and calculate 10% of this va...

Money 99 #3
Changed from ISP to MSN Broadband, need to know how I can now get online updates. Will not connect! You've checked your Tools|Options|Connection settings? "David" <DJ1094@MSN.COM> wrote in message news:006201c39589$d4fbb630$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Changed from ISP to MSN Broadband, need to know how I can > now get online updates. Will not connect! ...

Subform Data Entry Problems
I have a subform based on a query linked to the Form by "ContactID". The query works fine when run independent of the subform. I am able to enter all data fields and where necessary the autonumber function assigns properly. But when I try to use the subform all records related by my table "tblADDRESS" do not allow data entry (the fields are not locked). I imagine the ContactID Master/Child link in some way is interfering with the query in Form view, but I've tried every variation of join properties within the Query for the Subform and in the Query for the main...

Printing Autofilter Data
How do I print Autofilter data onto one sheet instead of a few lines on say 20 pages? In page Setup, select fit to print and select 1 page wide and 1 page high. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "Confused" <Confused@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2C7DCB67-06B2-429C-99D9-D2B3A40FEF4A@microsoft.com... > How do I print Autofilter data onto one sheet instead of a few lines on say > 20 pages? Thank you! "Tom Ogilvy" wrote: > In page Setup, select fit to print and select 1 page wide and 1 page high. > > -- > Regards, > Tom Ogilvy >...

Money 2006 Backup Settings
I use the "auto backup on close" feature to save backups to a small, 128MB USB flash drive. My problem is that even though I select the option to save only the most recent 'n' backups, Money will not delete old backups and pretty soon the drive is full. Is this an issue with Money 2006, or am I doing something wrong? -- Brett You have it set to only keep x backups ? Tools-options - backup settings - select 2 backups - and I assume that it should purge the rest - no ? "Brett Pantalone" <news.pantalone@spamgourmet.com> wrote in message news:MPG.1fc83...

Automatically pull data from one file to populate a template
Hi Everyone... Just beginning to get the hang of vba coding in excel. I would like to implement a new feature in a spreadsheet here at the office. We currently have a master records sheet containing vital information on unit processing. Each unit then has a sub file containing additional information. Currently one must populate the master record file. Then open a template and populate another file with the same information. I would like to streamline this process and have the data in the master record file automatically inserted into the template, allowing the user to only have to ...

How Do I Turn Off Money 2006's Upgrade Spam?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C6B6F5.B2647A90 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Now that Money 2007 is out, Money 2006 burps out a series of two = exasperating pop-ups chiding me to upgrade. I thought that maybe after = blowing it away several times, it would graciously retire, but no. Is = there any way to turn off this spam? - John ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C6B6F5.B2647A90 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable &l...

SQL Server (XML Data) Through ODBC to MS Access
Hello, In one database in my company. Previously the data in SQL Server, the tables were simple text and number formats and it was easy for me to link the data through ODBC to MS Access and I could do all sorts of queries and calculations, etc. But, now (after several months) I realize that the DBA and Programmer changed, the data in SQL Server to be XML Data Type in the new setup. In SQL Server. dbo.FlightDocuments Table docID, int docInfo, xml docLogs, xml and so on. and I see the data in Access (through ODBC) for one of the fields of the above table like this: ...

Save data in a worksheet in fixed length fields...
I have data in a worksheet (Office 2000) which I would like to export in fixed length format for importing into another application. Is there a way to use column settings or a wizard to export the file in correct format rather than exporting and then having to do signficant editing before I can import the file into the other application? one way: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/textfiles.html#fixedfield In article <9C97DB7F-65EB-4438-926E-23906D56E75D@microsoft.com>, dietzd <dietzd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have data in a worksheet (Office 2000) which ...

Ganhar umas massas/Earn real money !!! #7
Se queres ganhar uns Euritos s� tens de instalar esta barra de publicidade, que podes at� minimizar ou fechar em caso de utilizar programas de ecr� completo. N�o incomoda nada, nem consome recursos. Apenas d� dinheiro, �ptima para quando deixas o comptdor a sacar a noite toda... Recebes o dinheiro na tua conta PayPal. http://www.eurobarre.com/index_fr.php?p=373093897695 100% seguro by CrashOverride If you want to earn money just by sitting in front of your PC, just install this Bar that shows some publicity now and then. 100% safe, no malicious ware. http://www.eurobarre.com...

I want to enter a customer # and retreive their data
How do I retreive data, which I've entered, from another worksheet when I enter a code or # that is specific to that data? Assuming you have a yable and the data is set up like code1 value value etc code2 value value etc and so on then you can use =VLOOKUP(C1,Sheet2!A2:C50,2,0) where C1 is the typed in lookup value (code) and A2:C50 the table and this particular formula will return the value from column 2 lookup VLOOKUP in help -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom Nothwest Excel Solutions www.nwexcelsolutions.com remove ^^ from email "It is a good thing to fol...

Aggregating Data in Fifteen Unopened Spreadsheets into Single Consolidated Sheet
I have a series of 15 spreadsheets, all having the same column structure. They all have the same filename barring first two letters which refer to a persons initials. The 15 files are stored in the same directory. In that directory I'd like to create a sixteenth file which consolidates much of the data in the 15 files. I want to use that consolidated data in a pivot table. I know that the top-left- hand-corner of the range I want within each of the 15 spreadsheet files is the Cell A10. I cannot be so precise with the bottom right hand corner (BRHC) as the number of rows is variable i...

How to organize data?

Data Normalization
Greetings, I am not sure which newsgroup to ask this question. Any directions would be most appreciated. I have a list of about 5000 customers over a 30 year period. I am trying to give each customer a unique ID. Some of these customers have moved a few times, some of them have gotten married a few times (we deal with the wives primarily), some have multiple service addresses. This question has plagued me for the last 30 years!!!! Any suggestions would be most welcome. TIA -Minitman Hi probably better asked in a database related newsgroup. What you're asking for is quite typic...

Money Schedueler
Hi Everyone, When I shut down my computer I sometimes get a message that the Money Scheduler is still running and needs to be shut down etc.- with the warning about losing data. I suspect this has to do with the background banking feature. It doesn't happen with every shut down, but is starting to happen often enough that I'm wondering if something is wrong. Anyone else seeing this? Thanks Jim People saw this a lot with M06. (You don't mention version you are running--this is almost always pertinent information here in the newsgroup.) I've seen it once with M07--almost 24...

Using CTreeCtrl to display streaming data
Hi there, I'm going to be creating an application that displays test data to a certain processor. The default view is to show the overall status of the processor. If there is an error shown, the user can click that processor and specific devices within the processor will be shown with their status. Now here is what I want to do with CTreeCtrl, since I'm brand new to MFC I just need to know what I want is feasible... to get simpler test data, a certain message has to be continously pinged to the processor. To get the detailed test data, more messages have to be sent. Is t...

Installing Money 2004 w/ antivirus
I'm trying a new install of Money 2004. The first window ways that Money has detected I have Norton AV and that it might mess up the installation. It says to click "More Info" to see how to set up Money "sucessfully". Anyone else have to deal with this? How did you disable your AV so Money wouldn't get upset about it? FYI: I went ahead and installed the program and they were right, it was all jacked up. Many people have reported having to go so far as to uninstall/reinstall the AV ware. "Steve" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

Exclude a column from data import
Hi there, I am using Excel 2003 and am importing live data into a sheet. Everytime the page loads the current data is pulled in from an SQL 2000 view. The person who wants to use this spreadsheet wants to put an extra column in the middle of the data. I have created a null column in the view so that it is blank, but when you insert something into the column and and refresh occurs, the column quite rightly gets overwritten with null. Is there a way to remove the data from just one column? I understand (I think) that if the order changes, or if a row is deleted from the table, the manual...

Re: Locating "CRM Migration Framework tools"
Nathan, Just ran across a post that indicated I was wrong and that the MSDN license is a Sales Pro license. Not sure if that changed or if I was just misinformed. Not sure though why they don't have the integration available for download if that's the case. "Matt Parks" <mattp65@removetoX_Xyahoo.Com> wrote in message news:... Nathan, The version of CRM that you download from MSDN is not licensed for the integration. that version is only Sales Standard which does not include the integration. "Nathan Tidd" <NTIddSPAM@douglas-associates.com> wrote i...