Automatic MoneyPlus update fails repeatedly

I have Microsoft MoneyPlus (v17.0) running on a Windows XP SP2
system.  When I started the program today, it informed me that it
needed to download and install an update.  I said OK to do so, and
here's what I'm getting:

- I get a message that Money failed to shut down.
- Money shuts down by itself a second or two later.
- I say ok to resume the update.
- The update proceeds from "Download progress 1%" up to "Download
progress 99%".
- I get a message that "Money was unable to install the update".

I've restarted Windows and done a Clean Up on my C: drive, but the
problem keeps reoccuring.

Any help would be appreciated.

The DAUPDATE.LOG file that records the update progress looks like
this:

==========

(0x0000): ---- Entering daupdate.exe

(0x0000): DlgProc created.

(0x0000): HrInit() hr=0x00000000.

(0x0000): CInfData::Init() hr=0x00000000.

(0x0000): HTTP status code 200 (0x000000C8)

(0x0001): HrGetFile() hr=0x00000000.

(0x0001): GetTimeStampSignerInfo() hr=0x00000000.

(0x0001): GetDateOfTimeStamp() hr=0x00000000.

(0x0001): GetDateFromCryptMsg() hr=0x00000000.

(0x0001): ValidateSignerCert() fRes=1.

(0x0001): HrValidateSignature() hr=0x00000000.

(0x0001): HrDownloadFile() hr=0x00000000.

(0x0001): HrExtractFile() hr=0x00000000.

(0x0001): Downloaded and extracted file to C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Money Plus\MNYCoreFiles\Temp.

(0x0001): ---- Detected installed sku 150.

(0x0001): ---- Ready to start auto update.

(0x0001): ---- Make sure we have the minimum update DLL ready for us.

(0x0001): FYI: File download comes from
http://download.microsoft.com/download/D/F/2/DF2B3B27-0F47-4B26-8D9F-8693E643ACB6/AUBITS/autoupdate.dll.cab.

(0x0001): FYI: File hash value
110078211135096189034036103086039076198227178141082001102039.

(0x0002): FYI: Size of the file is 75087.

(0x0002): HrGetAUUrl() hr=0x00000000.

(0x0002): HTTP status code 200 (0x000000C8)

(0x0003): HrGetFile() hr=0x00000000.

(0x0003): GetTimeStampSignerInfo() hr=0x00000000.

(0x0003): GetDateOfTimeStamp() hr=0x00000000.

(0x0003): GetDateFromCryptMsg() hr=0x00000000.

(0x0003): ValidateSignerCert() fRes=1.

(0x0003): HrValidateSignature() hr=0x00000000.

(0x0003): HrDownloadFile() hr=0x00000000.

(0x0003): HrExtractFile() hr=0x00000000.

(0x0003): Downloaded and extracted file to C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Money Plus\MNYCoreFiles\Temp.

(0x0004): HrGetMinimumUpdateLibrary() hr=0x00000000.

(0x0004): ---- Got the update dll -- load and prep it.

(0x0004): FAuGetManifestVersion() fRet=1.

(0x0004): GetManifestSku(2) sku=150.

(0x0004): FAuGetManifestVersion() fRet=1.

(0x0004): GetManifestSku(1) sku=150.

(0x0011): U/I => "The update was unable to close Money.  If you want
to continue with the update, please close Money and then click OK.  To
cancel the update, click Cancel." (iRet=1).

(0x0014): ---- Ready to start a full autoupdate.

(0x0014): ---- Autoupdate thread created

(0x0014): StartUpdateThread() hr=0x00000000.

(0x0014): ---- Waiting for Update thread to quit...

(0x0014): CreateAutoUpdateService() hr=0x00000000.

(0x0014): HrGetConfiguration() hr=0x8000000A.

(0x0014): HrGetConfiguration() hr=0x00000000.

(0x0014): HrSetConfiguration() hr=0x00000000.

(0x0014): HrConfigureUpdate() hr=0x00000000.

(0x0015): HrStartUpdate() hr=0x00000000.

(0x0015): Waiting for shutdown event.

(0x0015): A/U Status Notification=0  ManifestDownloaded=0
FilesVerified=0 Critical=1  UpdateCancelled=0  FilesToUpdate=0
AutoUpdateFlags=0

(0x0015): Update Notification: Manifest parsing complete.

(0x002B): A/U Status Notification=1  ManifestDownloaded=1
FilesVerified=0 Critical=1  UpdateCancelled=0  FilesToUpdate=334
AutoUpdateFlags=16

(0x002B): Update Notification: Manifest Download complete.

(0x01A9): A/U Status Notification=2  ManifestDownloaded=1
FilesVerified=0 Critical=1  UpdateCancelled=1  FilesToUpdate=0
AutoUpdateFlags=18

(0x01A9): Update Notification: Forced Critical complete.

(0x01A9): ---- Setting shutdown event to tell the thread to quit.

(0x01A9): Shutdown event triggered. cleanup autoupdate

(0x01A9): HrCleanUpAutoUpdate() hr=0x00000000.

(0x01A9): AutoUpdateThreadWorker() hr=0x00000000.

(0x01A9): ---- Update thread has quit and been cleaned up.

(0x01A9): HrWaitOnUpdate() hr=0x8007065B.

(0x01A9): Leaving daupdate.exe. Status : (0x8007065B)

(0x01A9): DlgProc ending.

==========
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

On Sep 3, 5:05=A0pm, Wayne Farmer <use...@endymionsystems.com> wrote:
> I have Microsoft MoneyPlus (v17.0) running on a Windows XP SP2
> system.

Correction:  It's Windows XP SP3.
This problem has been around thru the last two versions. I am using Monet
Plus Premium ver. 17.0.125.1415. Again last week it started asking to update.
I had previously updated my version completely and installed on XP instead of
Vista because of this problem earlier this year. Looks like its back and
Microsofoft Money support again cannot troubleshoot their own program. This
time it only took them one day to formally give up. Last time they could not
figure it out. Here's the great Dear John email:

Hi CustomerName,

This is Christian Hinojosa with Microsoft Money Technical Support. It was a
real pleasure to work with you on the issue with Microsoft Money today
unfortunately we were not able to establish a resolution.

What happens when Money is not able to run the software update in the
original Admin User Profile is that the security settings are too strict or
set too high. This can either be the default Firewall security settings on
the computer or the third party antivirus software, we are not completely
sure what is blocking the software update from completing.

 Although Money can sometimes be installed with the changed settings, there
are occasions when this is not possible because the settings are too strict
or set too high. The security settings and the antivirus software sometimes
read the update files as malware or harmful to the computer and therefore
will not allow the software update to continue. I can assure you that the
files needed are by no means harmful in anyway. To pinpoint the exact cause
of the issue will be near impossible seeing that the security settings change
for each program installed.

When we create a new user profile the settings are set back to defaults and
are more lenient to the software files needed to run the update. This task
does not affect the rest of your files nor will it interfere with the day to
day operations of your computer, the only thing that changes are the security
settings on the computer.

At this time, I am closing your case and noting that your issue has not been
resolved. If you have any further questions pertaining to this particular
support incident, simply respond to this message and we will follow up with
you as soon as possible.

I am including the Microsoft Support site which contains a list of support
options available to our customers:

http://support.microsoft.com/money

Thank you for choosing Microsoft.

Christian Hinojosa

Microsoft Money Technical Support

Delighting our customers is our top priority. Our managers welcome your
comments and suggestions about how we can improve the support we provide to
you. Please email us at msmoneymanagers@css.one.microsoft.com

If you have your case number, please provide it within your email.

NOTE: The msmoneymanagers@css.one.microsoft.com address is not intended for
interaction with the Support Professional working on your specific technical
issue.

To provide additional feedback or to explore more support options, please
visit the Microsoft Help and Support Website at:
http://support.microsoft.com/money

LOOKS LIKE I WASTED MY TIME AND AGAIN - MONEY

"Wayne Farmer" wrote:

> On Sep 3, 5:05 pm, Wayne Farmer <use...@endymionsystems.com> wrote:
> > I have Microsoft MoneyPlus (v17.0) running on a Windows XP SP2
> > system.
>
> Correction:  It's Windows XP SP3.

0
Michael5492 (655)

Event ID 9554/Unable to Update Mailbox SD
I am continuing to get the event below; I referenced Microsoft KB 555433 in which it details how to use ADFind Utility to locate the mailbox in question and update the permissions -- however, there is no account in my domain that matches that GUID. Any ideas? Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeIS Event Category: General Event ID: 9554 Date: 10/6/2005 Time: 8:59:59 AM User: N/A Computer: MY EXCHANGE SERVER Description: Unable to update Mailbox SD in the DS. Mailbox Guid: fe3913d5-a4e0-4c0e-b3b1-291f50d7fc4f. Error Code 0x8004010f For more information, click http://www.microsoft.c...

sales line detail window-after updating the request Ship Date-also
I am also using manufacturing, when you change the requested ship date, you get a window asking: You can update the In House due date, What is the name of this window in modifer? I would like to modify this form, so the No button is disables, I want to make sure they always click 'yes' How do I find this form in modifer? the form name is just 'Microsoft GP Dynamics' thanks -- Doug ...

exchange 2003 +recepient update services
Hi i have this issue for months now. I have win2k AD network with exchange 2003. My pdc went down, but before it went down i managed to transfer all the FSO roles to my secondary domain controller successful. All seemed well, but then when i access exchage system manager to create a mailbox for a new user it gets up to 60% on the task but then throws up an error message of : <?xml version="1.0" encoding="unicode" ?> - <taskWizardRun taskName="Create Mailbox" dcName="DC2" buildNumber="6944" runningAs="Administrator@domain....

The operation failed. An object could not be found.
I just installed Microsoft Office 2003, and upgraded Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003. I can no longer send or receive mail. When I try, I get the message "The operation failed. An object could not be found." I've been to http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;312354 and tried to follow the advice there without success. I *think* the problem is that the file pointed to in Tools | E-mail Accounts | "Deliver new e-mail to the following location" doesn't match the file in Control Panel | Mail | Properties | Data files, but I've been unable to find out...

Is there a way to automatically put the $ sign into the formula?
I want to turn this =A1 into =$A$1. How is the best way of doing this. Is there a shortcut....keyboard stroke to do this?? Hit [F4] several times and watch the results. Micky "hrb_2001" wrote: > I want to turn this =A1 into =$A$1. > How is the best way of doing this. Is there a shortcut....keyboard stroke to > do this?? > Hi, Enter =A1 then tap F4 Repeated taps of F4 scroll through the referencing options -- Mike When competing hypotheses are equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently an...

Update Problems
I have encountered repeated problems when I try to update my accounts online. Initially, the updates failed about a week ago. I have since "stopped using online services" and then re-started the online services (re-entering my information for each account) in the "Manage Online Services" window. When I do that, I have only been able to successfully update the accounts in Money that initial time. Every subsequent update fails. To make this even more strange, I noticed that my accounts in the Money.msn page update when I click "Update Now" in Money, but ...

GP 10.0 Fails to install .Net Framework 2.0 not installed
I'm trying to install GP 10.0 on server. We have .net framework 2.0 sp1 and 3.0 installed. We have windows sharepoint services installed on framework 3.0. When we try to install, it is returing error .Net framework 2.0 not installed and ending prematurely. I've tried the workaround provided in Partnersource (KB ID 947538) for .Net 2.0 sp1. However it is not working. Thanks Jack - unfortunately, unless you write out the command line scripts exactly as they say in the KB, it will continue to bomb. Microsoft is costing us hours and hours worth of unbillable time to work aroun...

automatically sending messages at set times??
Wondering if there's a way with Outlook to send a default message at a specified time?? ie: a message for my ex to repay me her debts on a weekly basis :P "Adam Membrey" <membreya@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:O$2Z4y0zEHA.3416@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Wondering if there's a way with Outlook to send a default message at a > specified time?? > > ie: a message for my ex to repay me her debts on a weekly basis :P Sure if you are willing to write code but chances are it would be easier to do from the command line with one of the email utilities like ...

How can i null out a field going through CRM Update object
I have a custom field that i want to set back to null. Any ideas how i can do this through the object.update function? thanks ...

Automatic Find and Populate
Ok, I have several spreadsheets that represent bills and have tabs that represent the months. So, when I recieve a new bill for the month, I copy last month's bill onto a new tab, and rename it using the billing cycle. Each year, for each account number is contained in its own workbook- ie: account 245-9999 has a workbook for 2002, 2003, 2004, and 2005; within that workbook are tabs for Jan, Feb, Mar, etc. Ok, on a single month's tab, there are anywhere from 10 to 900 individual line items representing circuits. What I want to do is create a separate spreadsheet that lists unique c...

The opertion failed. An object could not be found
Hello, Outlook 2003, XPSP2 When I click on an email link (on a web page for example) I get the above mentioned error message and nothing happens. Could this have happened after importing saved settings from the same machine (after a reformat/reinstall)? After doing this, I had an error where outlook was looking for Outlookmail.FQDN.com-00000012.pst (could not be found). I don't use PST files, but rather an connected to Exchange - even though I have 2 POP3 accounts configured in Outlook. This happens on 2 machines on which I have imported settings. No other user on these machin...

Automatic calculation
Hi I have a workbook that takes an eternity to calculate and therefore, have the calculation mode set to manual. I would like the calculation mode set to Automatic when the workbook is deactivated or closed, but do not want the workbook to be calculated when this happens. Is that at all possible? Thanks in advance Ben You could use workbook events that fire when the workbook is activated/deactivated. Rightclick on the excel icon (to the left of File|Edit|...) on the menubar. Select view code and paste this in the code window. Option Explicit Private Sub Workbook_Activate() Applica...

Updates not installed
KB976884, KB976416, and KB977304 have failed numerous times. Why? Is there a specific reason? What can I do? Cherry wrote: > KB976884, KB976416, and KB977304 have failed numerous times. Why? > Is there a specific reason? What can I do? So you have Microsoft Works and Microsoft Office 2007 installed? Or just Microsoft Works and some 'viewers' for Microsoft Office 2007? Or had Works installed but installed Office 2007 and did not fully remove Works? Or just Outlook 2007 and InfoPath 2007 and Microsoft Works? Have you tried downloading the patches manually and ...

Failed Installation after 2nd 22 hours download!
Tks both Mary and John. Successfully downloaded Office Publisher to desktop, but installation failed. My 6 week old new system has caused me DAYS of unsuccessful attempts at rectifying Vista issues. I not able to do much more than surf the net with it. I'm at my wits end. I may just take the entire system back and wait until the tech issues have been resolved. I'm in the thick of setting up my own business and have spent more time trying to "fix" my computer than on my business set up. LOVE the Vista improvements, but the "EASE" of using XP is gone. This produc...

Excel: Allow to turn on / off automatic header selection in sorts
Is there a way to turn off automatic selection of header rows in Excel when sorting data? I routinely sort a section of data by the first three columns, and a majority of times Excel wants to make the first row selected a header row. Extremely annoying. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "...

Manual Worklflow
hi I have a manual workflow and am keen to know how to go about creating a scheduled job to automatically execute the workflow every morning/every night .. any advice would be helpful. regards Ridhima Hi Ridhima, the first step is to modify your manual workflow to wait 24 hours and execute itself: Manual rule ... your logic Wait for 1 day(s) Exec: Manual rule You may want to add some checks to ensure that workflow is stopped when appropriate, e.g. when record becomes inactive, e.g. Manual rule ... your logic Wait for 1 day(s) if <Your entity>....

how do I get rid of the automatic 2 spaces after every period
when i am in Excell and i put in 1.29 it always comes out as 1. 29 it does this is Word as well when ever i use a period anywhee it always puts 2 spaces in. if i go ... i get . . . >-----Original Message----- >when i am in Excell and i put in 1.29 it always comes out as 1. 29 > >it does this is Word as well when ever i use a period anywhee it always puts >2 spaces in. if i go ... i get . . . >. > Sounds like it could be a keyboard problem. Does it do this in Notepad or any other application where you can input characters? "squarelock" <s...

Automatic sending massages( in background)
Most of the time i receive a massages(E-mail) from server (Etisalat) that my massage failed to send (from:internet mail server) (subject: problem during delivery processing)(Message-id:<BAY114-W39F46A05A177215177A8F5A7990@phx.gbl>) this is one example of id You haven't given us much to go on. As a minimum we would need to see a verbatim copy of the failure notice. Are these messages you have sent? If not, they are probably emails sent out by a spammer who is using your 'From' address. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.c...

Case 'Actual Duration' not getting updated in SQL
Knowledge Base article 913391: The "Actual Duration" field displays an incorrect value when you view the "Resolve Case" dialog box in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 This article corrects the time when you resolve a case by adding some script to an onsave event. Here is where it doesnt work: Lets say you go back and change the time from 2 hours to 4 hours on a Service Appointment. The form shows your updated time by running the onsave event but when you resolve the case, you original time displays and not the updated time. I looked in SQL and the ActualDuration and Sc...

How to stop reviewing bar from automatically appearing
Everytime I open any Excel sheet in 2003, the "reviewing toolbar" keeps showing up [what a pain] - I turn it off - and oops it's there again next time. Is there an option for controlling this? Any way to turn off in the registry? I just don't want the barthere.... Thx. -- NAG - Network Administrator Guru 8-) Nor do most people I think!, That ,and the accursed smart tags are the annoying things about the later versions of XL. As far as I'm aware the only way to permanently stop it is using code in a Worksheet _Open or Activate event. Obviously adding VBA code ...

How to update absolute MDB file paths in Excel worksheet
Dear All, My Excel worksheet contains many queries to a single Access-MDB-file. When I send the worksheet and the database to a colleague in another network Excel can't update the queries any more because it doesn't find the Access file. Obviously Excel stores the links to the Access file as absolute paths (like "X:\something\database.mdb"). How can I change alle the links to the Access file without creating every query again? Is it possible to store relative links to the Access file instead of absolute links? Unfortunately the Edit->Links tools does not work for data...

FAILED ONLINE DOWNLOADS
In the last week I have several but not all online accounts that will not download transactions for credit cards bank statements etc. Suggestions? What errors are you getting? If some complete during the same 'call', I'd recommend contacting the financial institutions. "ROBERT7" <RJGSE@MSN.COM> wrote in message news:19df01c37363$79500630$a301280a@phx.gbl... > In the last week I have several but not all online > accounts that will not download transactions for credit > cards bank statements etc. Suggestions? ...

Why my Inbox automatically erases all e-mails received?
why everytime I go out of the Inbox, when I come back there are no e-mails at all? thanks, Juan zrjuan wrote: > why everytime I go out of the Inbox, when I come back there are no e-mails at > all? > > thanks, Juan Check what *view* you have set. -- Interim Systems and Management Accounting Gordon Burgess-Parker Director www.gbpcomputing.co.uk ...

Multi-level Category Axis Fails with >100 rows of data #2
Hi there, When working with mutli-level category axes I've noticed that Excel 2007 incorrectly displays the axis when there are more than 100 rows of data included in the chart. Many of the labels are not displayed. For an example, here is a chart with a multilevel axis and 100 rows of data: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=210nint&s=5 Here is one with one extra row (101 total): http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2u721eg&s=5 As you can see most of the month lables and one of the year labels is missing from the 2nd chart. I've put an excel file demonstrating the issue here i...

Problems while updating W2k3 + Exchange 2k3
Hello, I am experiencing a couple of problems with my windows 2003 and exchange server. I wanted to install the service packs for my windows 2003 and exchange 2003 server and noticed that both of the setups got hung up during the first step. I let the setup run for a couple of hours (>5) in the hope of the problem solving itself. So after forcefully terminating the setup of the service pack I decided to see if everything was working fine, so I tried to stop the exchange server services and noticed that I was not able to do so. I just received an error message saying that the servic...