Auto Reconcile Failures

Hello, I've been living with this problem for about a year.  It
started when I installed MSMoney 2004.  At the same time I turned on
the option to auto-reconcile.  I quickly figured out that
auto-reconcile really means never-balance-again.  So I immediately
turned it off.  Unfortunately, my online transactions always
auto-reconcile anyway.  The option is off and has stayed off, but all
online transactions continue to auto-reconcile.  MSMoney also has the
following problems:  When I first start to balance, the proposed
balancing date is way into the future.  I always have to set the date
back.  Then it complains about the starting balance.  Sometimes I let
MSMoney generate compensating transactions, two of them, for the same
amount, one debit and one credit.  Most often, I have to manually
correct *all* wrongly marked transactions from "reconciled" back to
"un-reconciled".  Then it all magically balances.  I have searched
this newsgroup and have found many many users with the same exact
problem, but no one seems to have a sure fix.  One fix that I will not
go for is to buy MSMoney 2005.  This will be the first time in many
years that I won't "auto" upgrade my MSMoney.  So, Microsoft, if
you're listening please suggest a solution.  Thanks.
0
joewasik (13)
7/25/2004 4:34:29 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Auto Reply to emails with attachments only
How can I set up an auto reply only to emails that have an attachment in Outlook 2007? Thanks. RK Seems like somebody (you?) asked this very same question here just an hour and a half later. Anyhow, Diane already answered it - use the Rules Wizard, but beware that messages with images in the signature (for example) may trigger that rule too. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.html Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon "RK...

Auto Reply that gives new email address.
I want to sent up auto reply for a couple users that have new email address. When a email is sent to the users mailbox I want a reply to say "This is an invaild email address. Please send emails to xxxx@yyyyy.com from this point forward" How can I do this? Thanks why don't you just re-add the old address to the mailbox...and they can handle letting people know their new addresses? you could set the new address as the "primary" address so it's the one that displays when they send Internet email... "dgw" <dgw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

Auto-Populate based on Drop-down lists????
I have a table of data and have created a drop down list based on the first column. I would like to be able to choose an item from the list and then have the additional info I choose fill the next two columns. Is this possible? Here is a sample: Product Spec1 Spec2 Spec3 Price A 0.5 6 RED $2.00 B 0.5 4 BLUE $4.00 C 0.6 8 GREEN $6.00 D 0.7 3 BLACK $8.00 When I choose Product A from the drop down on the &q...

Downloaded vs. Auto entered amount
When Money matches my downloaded transaction to another transaction that was auto entered in the register, the default amount is set to the auto entered value. The problem is that the auto entry is just a guess and will almost never match the value from the downloaded transaction. So, before I can accept the transaction, I have to manually change the amount to the downloaded value. Is there any way to have Money default to the downloaded value? Thanks, Dave On 2005-05-09, Dave B <dave.boylan@gmail.com> wrote: > When Money matches my downloaded transaction to another transaction &...

OL 2003: How to do auto-receive but manual send
I want to duplicate the behavior possible with Eudora, which allow auto-receive but manual send. When I set up OL 2003 to not send automatically when connected, messages stay in the outbox even though (1) the user account is included in F9 - SEND/RECEIVE MESSAGES (2) the account options include sending messages AND receiving messages. Specifically, when I have set up OL as described above, the messages in the Outbox use a normal font, not an italicized font. Thanks for any suggestions. I Live On Outlook (really and truly) You should be able to turn off sending here: Tools menu > Send/R...

auto reply using "have server reply" option... problem
Hi, I am in the middle of migrating to Exchange 2003 and I have several accounts that needs to auto-reply when they receive a message. I have used the 'have server reply' option but it seems like it only works to emails sent inside the Exchange organisation. How do I make it reply to people outside my Exchange Organisation? Thanks, Christian Hi Check if Exchange is preventing automatic replies to external recipients.Open Inernet Message Formats and verify the allow automatic replies setting. /Daniel "Christian Jensen" <ads@peugeot205.dk> wrote in message news:44...

reconcile Credit Cards #2
If a company has a corporate Credit card that they pay vouchers with, then when they get the credit card statement the place to reconcile that statement is through the purchasing manual payment screen, Apply. That screen does not show who the original vendor or documnet was only the credit card transaction that gets created behind the scenes. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow ...

Auto Assigning Categories #2
Hello does any one know if this is possible: Can I bulk assign categories to transactions that have already been imported into money from my bank. Is there a way to assign one transaction then have Money update all similar transactions with my the new category assignment. Also will money remember the new category assignment and auto assign all similar future transactions? -- Joe In microsoft.public.money, Joe Robison wrote: >Hello does any one know if this is possible: Can I bulk assign categories to >transactions that have already been imported into money from my bank. I...

Color for chart series auto-assigned after 56?
Using Excel 2000, I am having a color issue with charts that exceed 5 series. Below is some sample VBA to reproduce the issue. The cod creates a bar chart with 60 series. The RGB color I have chosen i white (255, 255, 255). You will notice that beginning with series 57 the color of the columns no longer gets assigned the color that I want Excel starts auto-assigning colors at this point. I have reproduce this faithfully 100% of the time. Has anyone seen this before? I there a programatic workaround so that I don't have to manually chang the colors after the fact? Thanks- Craig Sub ...

Auto depreciation rate
I am using MM 2004. I have set up the auto loan and also the asset account for my auto. But I would like to record the depreciation each yaear. Does anyone have an idea on a method of entering the depreciation each for my auto? You could check http://www.kbb.com or http://www.edmunds.com. There is no one formula for depreciation because it varies by vehicle, market, mileage, etc. These are all reasons few of us add cars to asset accounts. "Bennett Russell" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00ae01c3c7ec$467afb60$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I am usi...

Auto Numbering 11-02-07
I'd like to set up an auto numbering system that increases by one everytime a new opportunity is opened which starts with the year and works from a certain start point like 10000, next open opportunity would be 2007100001 for example. Maybe an onload script? How can I make that happen? Thanks Pre Creat callout would help you here. /Aamir I have done similar work, and can do using precreate callout. -- Regards, MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "Aamir" wrote: ...

Auto fill
how is auto fill enabled, I am using DHL and internal window custom button and it will not bring up fields to choose from or fill the fields. Please help!!!! ...

Auto Accept Scripts
Can anyone confirm or deny that the Auto Accept scripts from www.exchangecode.com will work on Exchange 2003? I have a bunch of resource mailboxes on 5.5 using them, and am about to start migrating to Exchange 2003. I know there is a new agent and details at: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/autoac cpt.mspx But I wondered if I need to specifically remove/disable the current script before moving these mailboxes, or if it will work and I can move to the newer code once the "hard work" of the migration is done? cheers, Paul -- paul@spamcop.net...

Auto Accept Agent?
I have resource accounts setup for the confrence rooms. Here's the details: Outlook 2003 clients Exchange 2003 Permissions on the resource calendars are Default - Author Publish 24 months of calendar every 1 minute Auto accept inventations Delcine conflicts The problem is that I've instructed everyone to setup a Group Schedule to view the resource calendars (easier than trying to publish calendars to public folders) but it's hit or miss on the updates. If you open the resource calendar directly you see the scheduled meeting but not so from the Group Schedule. Also, if I log...

writing code to auto save a spreadsheet
I want to write a code to automatically save an excel spreadsheet but stop when it gets to the "filename". I want to enter the filename and then proceed. Application.Dialogs(xlDialogSaveAs).Show -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "sk" <sk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E0441800-05CB-4D2C-AE5E-1EC031457731@microsoft.com... |I want to write a code to automatically save an excel spreadsheet but stop | when it gets to the "filename". I want to enter the filename and then | proceed. ...

Auto-Playlists with multiple genres??
With WMP 12 in Windows 7 I can't set up a playlist with more than one genre. What am I missing? Thanks If you do something like Music in my library - genre is acid jazz - genre is classical You are using the AND logic. A song must have both genres to qualify If you use Music in my library - genre is acid jazz Also include Music in my library - genre is classical You are using the OR logic A song must have any of these genres to qualify More details: http://www.thewelltemperedcomputer.com/SW/WMP/Playlist.htm "Randy P." wrote: > With WMP 1...

Chart does not Auto-update anymore .Why?
I have a file that once I entered a value in an input cell the v-look up grabs the data related to the input an displays that information. The chart previously updated to reflect the new data once I hit return but does not update without first saving the file. Is this a memory issue or something jacked up in file/graph properties ? Maybe check out Tools -> Options -> Calculations? I'd guess it's something with the auto-update area of excel. -- UofMoo ------------------------------------------------------------------------ UofMoo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.c...

How to auto append word to only digit input data?
E.g After entering number 84 in a cell, the the cell next to it right will appear as 84.00cm (with the cm autoappend after the 2 decimal place)? Hi are you sure that you really want to append text after numbers and are not trying to format your numbers. In your example you can go to "Format - Cell" and enter the user defined format 0.00 "cm" Frank crapit wrote: > E.g After entering number 84 in a cell, the the cell next to it > right will appear as 84.00cm (with the cm autoappend after the 2 > decimal place)? ...

Auto Reply HELP!
When I empty the Deleted Items Folder, Outlook 2002 (Office XP) automatically sends replys to the originating senders notifying them that their email has been deleted and unread, etc. How can I stop this? Thanks in advance for your help! You can't. Actually, the receipt is sent saying you deleted without reading once you delete the item from the active folder. Emptying the deleted items has nothing to do with it. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my ...

Exchange Delivery Failures
(Windows 2003, EX2003SP1, and PCs w/Office 2003) Our mail-enabled Univ. Distribution groups, which have nested in it mail-enabled Global Security Groups, do not always deliver e-mails to all the members in the groups unless the user sending the email expands the groups so that all names within the distribution list appear in the email (no failure notice). The Global Sec. groups are hidden from the address book, and under the Exchange Advanced tab, the server is set to go to any server in the organization (multi-domain forest). These Global groups' members contain only users fro...

Batch Stuck in Posting
I've got a GL batch stuck in posting (v 9.0). I tried to use the Automated Solution but they've changed them for 9.0. I download and ran the BatchStuckInPosting fix, logged in as SA and get the message: "The registry Server setting for this ODBC connection may be missing. Check error log." I'm getting this for all of the 9.0 style fixes. I've tried logging in as SA, my user id and using windows authentication. The ODBC connection I'm using works just fine for GP and with Query Analyzer using sa or Windows Auth. My ODBC connection has NO boxes checked on t...

Auto-assigning bank transactions
In Money 2005 Small Business, I have connected to the bank checking account associated with my business. There are many entries that use the exact same language each time, and I would like to associate those entries to expense or income categories on Money. Is there a way to map those transactions, so that I do not have to laboriously assign categories manually each time? In microsoft.public.money, "John G." <John G.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Money 2005 Small Business, I have connected to the bank checking account >associated with my business. There are...

Outlook 2003 Auto Completion
I have a user that is unable to get one of his contacts to stay in his "auto complete" list for sending email messages. I have checked the name in his address book. I found a discussion online about changing the registry to increase the number of names that auto complete will store. However, before I do that, can anyone please tell me how I find out the maximum number of names can be stored in the auto complete? Is there a default set at a certain number of names that will be retained? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I do not want to mess with registry keys unless...

Auto Complete from a drop down please help
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I have a list of part numbers (over 1000 at the moment) in column A of sheet 1, Columns B,C,D and E all have relevant information about the part number, size, weight etc. <br><br>On a separate sheet I have created a sort of 'order form' using a Vlookup function. I have also created a drop down screen as the input on my 'order form'. However I have two problems, one: the drop down screen is not being accepted as the ONLY form of input on the order form, which I need, and secondly, the drop down screen...

Auto Format #2
Can't find Auto Format, did excel 2007 decide not to have this function, is there a similiar function to be used instead of autoformat? Hi Ness! If you want to select a formatting for your table select Format as Table in the Home Tab of the Ribbon. I believe that is the replacement for the Auto Format command in the previous versions of Microsoft Excel. Hope this Helps! -- Chester C. Coronel Junior BSIT Student University of Asia and the Pacific, Philippines Read the StudentEmpowered Blog!http://msforums.ph/blogs/chestercoronel "Ness" wrote: > Can't find Auto F...