Auto Lease Set Up

Is there any effective way to set up and Automobile Lease, have it show on
the Car Page since it really is not an asset, or should I just use a generic
category/subcategory Automobile:Lease Payment whereby it will appear under
Vehicle Expenses for the year?  Unfortunately, this skews things a little for
me since we have 2 car payments (1 regular loan/1 lease) and Lease Payments
then show up under Vehicle Expenses for the Year but Car Payments do not
since I have a loan set up.  Any thoughts appreciated!

Tony

money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

I am having the same problem.  Were you able to find an answer to this?
Thanx,
Jose

"TonyNTheSky" wrote:

> Is there any effective way to set up and Automobile Lease, have it show on
> the Car Page since it really is not an asset, or should I just use a generic
> category/subcategory Automobile:Lease Payment whereby it will appear under
> Vehicle Expenses for the year?  Unfortunately, this skews things a little for
> me since we have 2 car payments (1 regular loan/1 lease) and Lease Payments
> then show up under Vehicle Expenses for the Year but Car Payments do not
> since I have a loan set up.  Any thoughts appreciated!
>
> Tony

0
Jose (88)
11/28/2004 6:33:08 PM
The principal component of your car Loan account payments is not a current
expense. It was an expense the day you bought the car and got richer by its
value.

You can make the interest component of the auto Loan Payments appear as an
automobile expense if you assign it to a category, Interest Expense:Auto
Loan Interest (say) that is associated with Category Group: Automobile
Expenses.

Likewise, you can create a category: Automobile:Lease Payments and associate
it with Category Group: Automobile Expenses to get them to show up on this
page, I suspect.

"Jose" <Jose@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am having the same problem.  Were you able to find an answer to this?
> Thanx,
> Jose
>
> "TonyNTheSky" wrote:
>
>> Is there any effective way to set up and Automobile Lease, have it show
>> on
>> the Car Page since it really is not an asset, or should I just use a
>> generic
>> category/subcategory Automobile:Lease Payment whereby it will appear
>> under
>> Vehicle Expenses for the year?  Unfortunately, this skews things a little
>> for
>> me since we have 2 car payments (1 regular loan/1 lease) and Lease
>> Payments
>> then show up under Vehicle Expenses for the Year but Car Payments do not
>> since I have a loan set up.  Any thoughts appreciated!
>>
>> Tony

To be more precise: the principal component of buying the car is not a
current expense. It was an expense the day you bought the car--you may have
capitalized this at that time by transferring this amount to an asset
account. Those of us that don't track cars as Assets just expense it
directly at the time of purchase.

message news:eOQBcqX1EHA.4072@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> The principal component of your car Loan account payments is not a current
> expense. It was an expense the day you bought the car and got richer by
> its value.
>
> You can make the interest component of the auto Loan Payments appear as an
> automobile expense if you assign it to a category, Interest Expense:Auto
> Loan Interest (say) that is associated with Category Group: Automobile
> Expenses.
>
> Likewise, you can create a category: Automobile:Lease Payments and
> associate it with Category Group: Automobile Expenses to get them to show
> up on this page, I suspect.

Dick, it's still not clear to me what your suggestion is, in terms of what
specific acccounts, expenses should be set up in Money.  It could be my lack
of familiarity.  I've been using Money for...let me look at my watch..two
hours now.

"Dick Watson" wrote:

> To be more precise: the principal component of buying the car is not a
> current expense. It was an expense the day you bought the car--you may have
> capitalized this at that time by transferring this amount to an asset
> account. Those of us that don't track cars as Assets just expense it
> directly at the time of purchase.
>
> "Dick Watson" <littlegreengecko@mind-enufalready-spring.com> wrote in
> message news:eOQBcqX1EHA.4072@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> > The principal component of your car Loan account payments is not a current
> > expense. It was an expense the day you bought the car and got richer by
> > its value.
> >
> > You can make the interest component of the auto Loan Payments appear as an
> > automobile expense if you assign it to a category, Interest Expense:Auto
> > Loan Interest (say) that is associated with Category Group: Automobile
> > Expenses.
> >
> > Likewise, you can create a category: Automobile:Lease Payments and
> > associate it with Category Group: Automobile Expenses to get them to show
> > up on this page, I suspect.

0
DaveG (14)
11/29/2004 4:41:02 AM
For an auto lease? I'd just setup a Scheduled Bill, for the number of
months, that pays an expense with a category something like Automobile:Lease
Payments. This Category:Subcategory combination probably isn't in the
defaults, but you can add it. You can also setup a Payee. If you want, you
can Split the payment with additional components for Taxes:Sales Tax or
whatever.

Since you have no ownership interest in the automobile, there really is no
need to do anything else--i.e., no Accounts.

If this still doesn't answer your question, please rephrase it.

"DaveG" <DaveG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Dick, it's still not clear to me what your suggestion is, in terms of what
> specific acccounts, expenses should be set up in Money.  It could be my
> lack
> of familiarity.  I've been using Money for...let me look at my watch..two
> hours now.

Thanks Dick,
This makes sense.

Jose

"Dick Watson" wrote:

> To be more precise: the principal component of buying the car is not a
> current expense. It was an expense the day you bought the car--you may have
> capitalized this at that time by transferring this amount to an asset
> account. Those of us that don't track cars as Assets just expense it
> directly at the time of purchase.
>
> "Dick Watson" <littlegreengecko@mind-enufalready-spring.com> wrote in
> message news:eOQBcqX1EHA.4072@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> > The principal component of your car Loan account payments is not a current
> > expense. It was an expense the day you bought the car and got richer by
> > its value.
> >
> > You can make the interest component of the auto Loan Payments appear as an
> > automobile expense if you assign it to a category, Interest Expense:Auto
> > Loan Interest (say) that is associated with Category Group: Automobile
> > Expenses.
> >
> > Likewise, you can create a category: Automobile:Lease Payments and
> > associate it with Category Group: Automobile Expenses to get them to show
> > up on this page, I suspect.

0
Jose (88)

Set rights on folder
I want to make a script that makes 3 folders in the folder the script is run. (so far no problem) But one of the folders I want to change the folder security. Samlpe: Creating folder1, folder2 and folder3 Folder1 everyone, full controll, Folder2 everyone, full controll, Folder3 remove everyone and add the group "tecnical" -T Found all I needed here: http://www.activexperts.com/activmonitor/windowsmanagement/adminscripts/filesfolders/folders/ - T "Talinc" <terje@talinc.no> skrev i melding news:%23amqWNmcKHA.4708@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I w...

How do I set a macro to run at specific times?
Hi I have recorded a macro which I want to run automatically every hour. Could someone tell me how I do this You can read about the scheduling procedures at Chip Pearson's site: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/ontime.htm Nick123 wrote: > > Hi > > I have recorded a macro which I want to run automatically every hour. Could > someone tell me how I do this -- Dave Peterson ...

how do I set up outlook for multiple users on 1 computer?
I have recently switched over to cox high speed from Aol. I am now using Outlook for retreiving email, calendar, etc... This is a family computer and others would like to use it to do the same. How would I configure Outlook to accomodate all of the users of this computer? We can't tell you until you tell us what version of Outlook you are using. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.gr...

Set page length in macro
Hi, Anyone have any idea if a page length variable can be set in Excel VBA? I have to print custom size tractor feed labels on a DM printer. TIA Keith Keith, Recording a macro while setting the paper size yielded code, which I've stripped of unwanted stuff: With ActiveSheet.PageSetup .PaperSize = xlPaperLegal End With It reduces further to: ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PaperSize = xlPaperLegal For other paper sizes available, I put the cursor on PaperSize and pressed F1 and got: XlPaperSize can be one of these XlPaperSize constants. xlPaper11x17. 11 in. x 17...

how do i set up a footer to add under every mail i send
how do i set up a footer to add under every mail i send Signatures ? see Outlook help "sadrk" <sadrk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7BC484D7-678B-4706-B22D-4C3C427E48C2@microsoft.com... > how do i set up a footer to add under every mail i send ...

How do I set the send/recieve time in MS Outlook?
Where do I go to select the time that outlook downloads? Hi Charles, On the "Tool" menu, point to "Send/Receive Settings", and then click "Define Send/Receive Groups" Here you can change the time settings. (Outlook 2003) -- Oliver Vukovics Share Outlook without Exchange (Win7, Office 2010 Ready): Public ShareFolder Synchronize Outlook between PC and Notebook: Public SyncTool http://www.publicshareware.com "Charles Rahn" <Charles Rahn@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:DE210355-8991-4719-B325-F932CE52F3F7@mi...

How can I Change recurrence settings with OUT updating details????
Hello, I have a recurring appointment that I use to keep daily notes. I set it up for 4:30 and would like to change it to 3:30 -- however, when I actually make the change it clears ALL of my previous entires notes. So I lose about 2 years worth of notes when I make this change. Anyone know how I can make the change without this loss of information? Thanks Shawn Create a new recurring appointment for 3:30 and end the recurrence of the old one. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name ...

How can I set up a pop-up calendar for 2010 in Excel?
for MS Office Excel 2003 if you send me email, i can send you something to try. -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "Mary" <Mary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17F48E86-75A2-4B85-8EBE-904AB79CDA96@microsoft.com... > for MS Office Excel 2003 Hi Mary You can download one from this site :http://www.fontstuff.com/downloads/index.htm Take note that if you're not using MS Office Professional, you will need to download and install a file called MSCAL.ocx. See is notes at the buttom of the page. HTH John "Mary" <Mary@di...

Setting email so server will not save emails on server
I have two computers. ( Desktop & laptop) I seldom use the laptop but when I do use it and get my emails it brings up every email that I have already read and deleted from desktop. Is there a setting where I can set so the server will not keep the deleted emails? On both machines: Tools | Accounts | Mail | Properties | Advanced - Check: Leave a copy of messages on the server. On one machine only, (The desktop would be logical for you), check to Delete messages after X days to satisfy your allotted space you get from your server, and Remove from server when d...

Column Auto Width and Hidden Rows
I have a macro that selects certain columns and auto sets the width. The problem is it is using data in rows that are hidden. How can I make it ignore these rows when selecting the width? Thanks, KWCounter I'm not sure you can. But you could copy that column (visible cells only) to a new sheet (in column A), autofit that column, keep track of the width and use it on the original column. Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim curWks As Worksheet Dim tempWks As Worksheet Dim rng As Range Dim myWidth As Double Set curWks = ActiveSheet '??? Set tempWks = Workshee...

How to set custom class name for MFC frame window?
When you create a frame window in MFC using following code: BOOL CMainFrame::PreCreateWindow(CREATESTRUCT& cs) { if( !CMDIFrameWnd::PreCreateWindow(cs) ) return FALSE; // TODO: Modify the Window class or styles here by modifying // the CREATESTRUCT cs cs.lpszClass = AfxRegisterWndClass(0); return TRUE; } In Spy++, the default frame name is Afx:00400000:0. How can I set custom name instead of the default name? Thanks. Michael On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 14:49:47 -0800, "Michael" <Michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When you create a frame window in MFC usi...

New to RMS: Having trouble setting up 2nd terminal.....HELP
We have an existing customer who has 1 server and 1 POS terminal. I have recently installed a 2nd terminal and am trying to match the settings and templates of the register 1 to the new register 2. The problem is with the on-screen keyboard. I've chosen the option to use the touchscreen keyboard in manager for register 2 and picked the template for the pre-configured keyboard layout; however, register 2 just refuses to display the template like register 1 does. I know ive got to be missing something. By the way, i forgot to mention that yes, i have enabled the touchscreen keyboard ...

Auto Open #2
Hello Everybody, I have Excel 2003 on WinXP SP2. I have copied a worksheet, "Invoice", into my Excel file called "Databased". Although, I have broken all links in the worksheet but still it tries to open the original file from where I copied the it. If the file is not found I get following error when "Databased" is opened: Cannot find 'C:\[ILYASBILLING Template (uw).xls]AutoOpen Stub Data'!, which has been assigned to run each time [Databased.xls]Invoice is opened. Continuing could cause errors. Cancel opening [Databased.xls]Invoice? Now I have no ...

How Do I Set the Default Workbook to Open at 150% Every Time?

Error: Unable to open the Outlook window. The set of folders could not be open
Just reloaded my system after a crash. I loaded MS office Outlook 2003. Generates the following err: Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Unable to open the Outlook window. The set of folders could not be opened. I have attempted to repair, uninstalled and reinstalled, fixed registry, reinstalled the office apps. I check out all the settings and they appear to be correct. Can someone please help direct me as what to do. Cant open an online problem cause I can not get into outlook to get the product id. Bob ...

Setting up new email
Hi I recently switched to MSN Internet service and want to set up my Outlook email program to receive mail at home. I don't know the pop3 and other information to put into the program so that I can resume receiving email there. I have both Outlook Express and Outlook 200 installed on the computer, whick is running on W98SE. Thanks for any help! Terry Ray plinus74@msn.com Consult the MSN help files for the correct information. Note: Many accounts were converted to HTTP accounts only. POP3 accounts may be unavailable depending on your service package. --� Milly Staples [MVP - ...

Does anyone know how Group Policy settings work with Outlook .PST files????
We have a Win2K3 Enterprise server with Exchange 2K3 Enterprise. Workstations have either Outlook 2003 or Outlook 2007. We have installed the .ADM file in Group Policy for both versions. Is there a way to keep File retention settings from moving old files in our Archive.PST file from being moved to the deleted folder? Is there a way to keep Group policy Settings from controlling .PST files? Is there any good documentation anywhere on how Group policies interact with PST files? Thanks ChuckN <Chuck@newmanArchitecture.com> wrote: > We have a Win2K3 Enterprise server with Exc...

setting FileVersion
I've attached a small C program that when executed in a command window with an argument like c:\winnt\system32\mfc42.dll finds a FileVersion string and prints it on the console. On my old NT4 machine that string is "6.00.8665.0". Note that it does not find a FileVersion string for some other files such as c:\winnt\system32\ws2_32.dll. I would like to create DLLs and EXEs that exhibit the first behavior so that I can statically retrieve version information. I have not been able to figure out how to do this in Visual Studio. I can set values for the FileVersion resource but th...

Deleting groups of emails with auto-preview
I have a user that in Outlook Express he could hold down his shift key and start scrolling down and each email would show a preview as he scrolled down to determine which emails he wants to delete. I have upgraded him to OutlookXP and when he holds down the shift key and starts scrolling, just the first email is auto-previewed. Anyone know of a setting that would allow him to preview each message as he highlights and scrolls to the bottom? Thanks, Kevin ...

cannot set range class?
Howdee all. I've made a user form to input a couple of worksheet functions, and have run across a problem that doesn't show up on other workbooks. I get a runtime error message- 1004-- stating: Unable to set the FormulaArray property of the Range class. When I had this earlier today I'd found it was due to my not having set the ..address() components of the range. However, I'd fixed that, and it works on another workbook just fine. I then set a message box to see what the equation was outputting, and all I got was a 'false.' I.e., msgbox myrng3.fo...

making textbox to be auto sizable
I added a Textbox to a Word 2007 document by going to the Developer option(in the File menu), then chose Design Mode, then Legacy Tools->Text box Field. The MultiLine and Enterkey properties are set to True and the rest are default. The textbox is of size so that it can take some 10 rows of lines. Is there a feature I can choose/set so that when more than 10 rows of lines are entered the text box will automatically expand? The rows need to increase so the textbox needs to expand downwards to accommodate the text more than 10 lines. Can someone please advise if there is an inbuilt ...

Auto Loans
I have an auto with an associated loan, and I am purchasing a new car. I want to payoff the existing loan and transfer the remaining principle to the new asset (car)without it looking like the car cost more than I paid. The transaction consisted of paying off car1 and putting money down from a checking account along with the remainder coming from the new car loan. Money does not make this simple. Maybe it's not simple, but it is certainly possible. It may take several transactions. You might want to read the FAQ on mortgage refinances and extrapolate. "MikeF" <ano...

set sale schedule by quantity on hand
We frequently get buy-ins on items where we get a fixed amount of items at a discount. It would be benificial to be able to set a sale schedule according to the quantity in stock. For example we buy 25 items at a discount and would like to put this item on sale until we run out of the discounted quantity. So if I normally carry 4 of that item I might want it to be on sale until the quantity on hand gets down to 4. Craig ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I ...

Auto generate a label/number
I would like to track orders and have it assign a new, consecutive order number to each new record. Example we have order MCO25, the next new record I would like to have it auto generate MCO26 hi, RA wrote: > I would like to track orders and have it assign a new, consecutive order > number to each new record. Example we have order MCO25, the next new record > I would like to have it auto generate MCO26 The 1000th order would be MCO1000? Try this: Public Funtion NextOrderNo() As String Dim db As DAO.Database Dim rs As DAO.Recordset Dim strSQL As String strSQL =...

How to set controls' Z-order
I'm trying to modify the Z order of a (CStatic label) control so it appears on top of a (CStatic bitmap) control. My bitmap background covers the entire dialog window and is created in the resource editor. I want all my controls that I create at run time to go on top of the background. So in my OnInitDialog().. // CStatic *Label1; (in the class decl) Label1 = new CStatic(); Label1->Create(_T("Label1 !"), WS_CHILD|WS_VISIBLE, CRect(700, 500, 800, 600), this); Label1->SetWindowPos(&wndTopMost, 0, 0, 0, 0, SWP_NOMOVE | SWP_NOSIZE); And the label ...