Attn: M02,3,4 users who use Passport/WinLiveID

You will get broken at the end of July, 2008. (That's about 45 days from now.)

See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/894020.

You should remove the Passport/WinLiveID from your file before that time.
(File|Password Manager).

There have been many indications this day would come. Now you all have a
date certain.
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Does this also means backup files taken from M02,3,4 will be inaccessible,
even if they are opened with a current version of Money?

Although if you have to go back four, five or six years you probably have
bigger issues.  But I have at times opened older backup files, even five years
and older, to see if the file can be opened, and if there was a noticeable
difference in how fast a current version of money opened and ran with the file.

Dick Watson wrote:
> You will get broken at the end of July, 2008. (That's about 45 days from now.)
>
> See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/894020.
>
> You should remove the Passport/WinLiveID from your file before that time.
> (File|Password Manager).
>
> There have been many indications this day would come. Now you all have a
> date certain.
0
Retired
6/17/2008 2:25:13 AM
My guess (and not a very educated one at that--I've never backed up
a/attempted to restore a file on the incredibly rare occasions that I've
played around with any password scheme on a Money file): an old backup
protected by a Passport/WLID will be restorable in a version of Money that
supports Passport/WLID provided things like the Passport/WLID is still valid
and so on.

I'm thinking that if you feel you might have to depend on one of these old
backups, having any form of file-level password on it is not a great idea.
Lock the copy up in you safe deposit box if you are really worried about
protecting it.

In microsoft.public.money, Dick Watson wrote:

>You will get broken at the end of July, 2008. (That's about 45 days from now.)
>
>See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/894020.
>
>You should remove the Passport/WinLiveID from your file before that time.
>(File|Password Manager).
>
>There have been many indications this day would come. Now you all have a
>date certain.

Bump. Pay attention. I would also remove the Passport/LiveID from
backup files and archives of those files too.

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/common/networkstatus.aspx says
Retirement of Passport (Windows Live ID) sign in for Microsoft Money
2002 - 2004

When: July 31,2008

Effect: Older versions of Money (2002-4) will no longer support
adding Passport credentials to your Money data files.

For more information see the You cannot sign in to Money 2002, Money
2003, or Money 2004 with your Windows Live ID credentials Microsoft
Knowledge Base article. <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/894020>
via_newsgroup (13114)
6/23/2008 4:19:46 PM
Please let anybody you know who uses Money know about this. This is just
about five weeks away!

Too bad most of the people who will be broken by this aren't regulars.

Maybe Microsoft will use the same path they use to promote upgrades to tell
people about this? Nah, too obvious.

> In microsoft.public.money, Dick Watson wrote:
>
>>You will get broken at the end of July, 2008. (That's about 45 days from
>>now.)
>>
>>See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/894020.
>>
>>You should remove the Passport/WinLiveID from your file before that time.
>>(File|Password Manager).
>>
>>There have been many indications this day would come. Now you all have a
>>date certain.
>
> Bump. Pay attention. I would also remove the Passport/LiveID from
> backup files and archives of those files too.
>
> http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/common/networkstatus.aspx says
> Retirement of Passport (Windows Live ID) sign in for Microsoft Money
> 2002 - 2004
>
> When: July 31,2008
>
> Effect: Older versions of Money (2002-4) will no longer support
> adding Passport credentials to your Money data files.
>
> For more information see the You cannot sign in to Money 2002, Money
> 2003, or Money 2004 with your Windows Live ID credentials Microsoft
> Knowledge Base article. <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/894020>

> In microsoft.public.money, Dick Watson wrote:
>
>>You will get broken at the end of July, 2008. (That's about 45 days from
>>now.)

Very interesting topic!  When a company deliberately breaks a product, does
it become abandon-ware?  Is it freeware?

0
bw1 (6)
6/25/2008 11:02:06 PM
It becomes a time limited service and not software.

"bw" <bw@dodgit.com> wrote in message
> Very interesting topic!  When a company deliberately breaks a product,
> does it become abandon-ware?  Is it freeware?

Bump! 31 days from now...

"Dick Watson" wrote:

> You will get broken at the end of July, 2008. (That's about 45 days from now.)
>
> See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/894020.
>
> You should remove the Passport/WinLiveID from your file before that time.
> (File|Password Manager).
>
> There have been many indications this day would come. Now you all have a
> date certain.
Last night, I automatically received the message :  Retirement of Passport
(Windows Live ID) sign in for Microsoft Money
2002 - 2004

When: July 31,2008

Effect: Older versions of Money (2002-4) will no longer support
adding Passport credentials to your Money data files.

For more information see the You cannot sign in to Money 2002, Money
2003, or Money 2004 with your Windows Live ID credentials Microsoft
Knowledge Base article. <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/894020>

Okay, when I remove my Money 2002 credentials does anyone know if I will
continue to be able to download financial data from my bank, investment firm
and credit card accounts after that?  Should I install a new edition?   I
hate to do that.  I installed Money 2005 back then and it was a disaster, so
I reinstalled 2002.  I love the 2002 operation.
Any comments or advice will be apreciated.
I knew this was coming someday, but I still am very concerned.
0
Jim8980 (510)
7/6/2008 3:58:00 PM
"Jim" <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> "Dick Watson" wrote:
>
>> You will get broken at the end of July, 2008. (That's about 45 days from
>> now.)
>>
>> See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/894020.
>>
>> You should remove the Passport/WinLiveID from your file before that time.
>> (File|Password Manager).
>>
>> There have been many indications this day would come. Now you all have a
>> date certain.
> Last night, I automatically received the message :  Retirement of Passport
> (Windows Live ID) sign in for Microsoft Money
> 2002 - 2004
>
> When: July 31,2008
>
> Effect: Older versions of Money (2002-4) will no longer support
> adding Passport credentials to your Money data files.
>
> For more information see the You cannot sign in to Money 2002, Money
> 2003, or Money 2004 with your Windows Live ID credentials Microsoft
> Knowledge Base article. <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/894020>
>
> Okay, when I remove my Money 2002 credentials does anyone know if I will
> continue to be able to download financial data from my bank, investment
> firm
> and credit card accounts after that?  Should I install a new edition?   I
> hate to do that.  I installed Money 2005 back then and it was a disaster,
> so
> I reinstalled 2002.  I love the 2002 operation.
> Any comments or advice will be apreciated.
> I knew this was coming someday, but I still am very concerned.

Money 2003 and onward have explicit expiration dates for online services.

Although Money 2002 and earlier don't have explicit expiration dates, many
users can no longer update their accounts online.

When online services are set up, Money has to contact a MS server.  The
servers for Money 2002 and earlier have been turned off for some time (at
least a year or two)  If your bank changes its online services, if you try
to add a new financial institution, or if you set up a new file, you will
not be able to set up online services using Money 2002 or earlier.

It was Intuit that began this "sunsetting" policy with Quicken, and MS
"chased them down the sewer" with Money, as another user described it.

As such, I was forced to upgrade from Money 2004 to Money Plus last
September, even though I liked Money 2004 better.

Even if the loss of online services isn't reason enough for you to upgrade,
it's becoming increasingly difficult for users with older versions of Money
to upgrade to newer versions of Money, particularly if the older version of
Money is being run on a Windows 95/98/ME computer.

Although Money 2006-Plus have fixed some of the problems with Money 2005
(particularly when a new repair tool to delete Scheduled Bills and Deposits
was added (Money 2007?)), it's still based on the Money 2005 platform:
Things we took for granted like "Accounts > Balance an Account" (list of all
accounts with date last balanced) and "Work with Investments > Choose a
specific Investment" (list of all investments) are gone, as is the ability
to view Monthly Reports more than 12-24 months old.  It's also now necessary
to use a command line entry to create a new Advanced Budget.

Based on my experience with Money 2002, it won't be a complete loss for you
to upgrade to Money Plus:  Money 2002 downloaded Friday's investment quotes
for Saturday and Sunday (space taken by quotes is a big reason for Money's
file size)(this was fixed in Money 2003 or 2004) and it was possible for an
account in Money 2002 to become corrupted in such a way that it couldn't be
fixed with any of the repair tools.  Upgrading to Money 2003 would have
fixed it, but I wasn't going to pay for a bugfix, so I exported my accounts,
printed my budgets and so-forth, and rebuilt my file from scratch.

If you do upgrade to Money Plus, expect to print your Bills and Deposits,
"File > Repair Money File > Remove All Bills Data", and then re-create your
scheduled bills.  Apparently a lot of cruft related to Bills and Deposits
was accumulating in user's Money files, causing poor performance.  This poor
performance became much worse for some users attempting to upgrade to Money
2005 or 2006.  Although my performance didn't worsen upgrading from Money
2004 to Money Plus, performance improved significantly after "Nuking the
Bills" (as some users describe it)  This is the best solution that's been
available so far.  The only other solution in earlier versions of Money was
to export all accounts, print what couldn't be exported, and start over with
a clean file.

If you still have performance problems with Money Plus, you can try removing
all items from the Home page, and add them back one at a time.  I had to
remove the Spending Tracker from my home page, as this was causing slowness
for many Money Plus users.  I'm not sure if Money Plus SP1 fixed this or
not, but I haven't seen that particular complaint in a long time.

As the new version of Money tends to arrive in the July to October
timeframe, you may want to keep using Money 2002 until the new version
arrives.

If you do plan on installing a trial of Money Plus (or whatever comes next),
but later going back to Money 2002, you may want to do an image backup
(Norton Ghost or similar) of your current system:  As the MS server that
provided updates to Money 2002 has been turned off, you can only reinstall
the base version of Money 2002 from the CD.  I don't know what bugs were
fixed (MS didn't provide this information back then) but there were a couple
of updates for Money 2002 that were downloaded through the Money 2002
interface, which are no longer obtainable.  As Money is one of the most
important pieces of software on many ppl's systems, I wouldn't count on
System Restore alone to protect an old Money installation.

--
Scott Tyler
agent_scotty-at-hotmail-dot-com

0
Scott
7/6/2008 5:44:42 PM
Scott, thank you for your comments.  It was helpful.
There is a problem
I attempted to remove my passport from my 2002 according to the instructions
at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/894020 which is the address to remove my
Passport (Windows Live ID credentials which it is now called), It says to
remove click on Work Offline, then on File menu to click on Password Manager.
 Then it says to click on Disable this passport for use in Money  There is no
Password Manager on my file menu.   Instead, I tried going to Login Lockbox,
then Money Password, and clicked on Disable Password Features.   That does
not work.  I receive an error message "Passport has experienced an error.
Try again in a  few moments."   I assume that the Passport site no longer
exists.
Does anyone know how to actually remove it?

"Scott Tyler" wrote:

> "Jim" <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Jim8980 (510)
7/7/2008 4:11:03 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Jim wrote:

>I attempted to remove my passport from my 2002 according to the instructions
>at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/894020 which is the address to remove my
>Passport (Windows Live ID credentials which it is now called), It says to
>remove click on Work Offline, then on File menu to click on Password Manager.
> Then it says to click on Disable this passport for use in Money  There is no
>Password Manager on my file menu.   Instead, I tried going to Login Lockbox,
>then Money Password, and clicked on Disable Password Features.   That does
>not work.  I receive an error message "Passport has experienced an error.
>Try again in a  few moments."   I assume that the Passport site no longer
>exists.

I would try this:

In IE7 tick Tools->WorkOffline or in IE6 tick File->WorkOffline

Then in Money 2002 do the File->LoginLockbox.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
7/7/2008 6:50:13 PM
Cal,
Thank you for the suggestion.  However, that did not not work either.

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, Jim wrote:
>
> >I attempted to remove my passport from my 2002 according to the instructions
> >at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/894020 which is the address to remove my
> >Passport (Windows Live ID credentials which it is now called), It says to
> >remove click on Work Offline, then on File menu to click on Password Manager.
> > Then it says to click on Disable this passport for use in Money  There is no
> >Password Manager on my file menu.   Instead, I tried going to Login Lockbox,
> >then Money Password, and clicked on Disable Password Features.   That does
> >not work.  I receive an error message "Passport has experienced an error.
> >Try again in a  few moments."   I assume that the Passport site no longer
> >exists.
>
> I would try this:
>
> In IE7 tick Tools->WorkOffline or in IE6 tick File->WorkOffline
>
> Then in Money 2002 do the File->LoginLockbox.

0
Jim8980 (510)
7/7/2008 8:25:01 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Jim wrote:

>Cal,
>Thank you for the suggestion.  However, that did not not work either.

I would try booting into Safe Mode (without networking). See if you
can login offline, do the File->LoginLockbox in Money 2002 and
remove your Passport.

>"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:
>
>> In microsoft.public.money, Jim wrote:
>>
>> >I attempted to remove my passport from my 2002 according to the instructions
>> >at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/894020 which is the address to remove my
>> >Passport (Windows Live ID credentials which it is now called), It says to
>> >remove click on Work Offline, then on File menu to click on Password Manager.
>> > Then it says to click on Disable this passport for use in Money  There is no
>> >Password Manager on my file menu.   Instead, I tried going to Login Lockbox,
>> >then Money Password, and clicked on Disable Password Features.   That does
>> >not work.  I receive an error message "Passport has experienced an error.
>> >Try again in a  few moments."   I assume that the Passport site no longer
>> >exists.
>>
>> I would try this:
>>
>> In IE7 tick Tools->WorkOffline or in IE6 tick File->WorkOffline
>>
>> Then in Money 2002 do the File->LoginLockbox.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
7/7/2008 9:02:23 PM
Cal,
Your suggestion to go through Safe Mode did not work, but this did.  To
clear my Passport password I opened Money 2002 with Passport instead of the
recommended "Offline".  Then I went to File and Login Lockbox and was able to
"Disable Password Features".    That cleared the system.   Now when Money
opens Passport is not shown so it opens to Money directly.    I can only hope
that everything works okay after 7/31.
Thank you for your assistance.

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, Jim wrote:
>
> >Cal,
> >Thank you for the suggestion.  However, that did not not work either.
>
> I would try booting into Safe Mode (without networking). See if you
> can login offline, do the File->LoginLockbox in Money 2002 and
> remove your Passport.

> >> I would try this:
> >>
> >> In IE7 tick Tools->WorkOffline or in IE6 tick File->WorkOffline
> >>
> >> Then in Money 2002 do the File->LoginLockbox.

0
Jim8980 (510)
7/8/2008 3:23:03 AM
In microsoft.public.money, Jim wrote:

>Your suggestion to go through Safe Mode did not work, but this did.  To
>clear my Passport password I opened Money 2002 with Passport instead of the
>recommended "Offline".  Then I went to File and Login Lockbox and was able to
>"Disable Password Features".    That cleared the system.   Now when Money
>opens Passport is not shown so it opens to Money directly.    I can only hope
>that everything works okay after 7/31.

Thanks for the info.

Make a backup onto other media now.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
7/8/2008 3:35:50 AM
This is additional information for others who wish to eliminate their
Passport password.  .   To clear the Passport  password for Archived Money
files, I had to do the following after I had cleared the password on the
present active Money file:  Open the Archive file and attempt to sign on to
Passport. (If you go directly to Offline, that does not work.)    It will say
the file does not exist.  Only then click on Offline, then from File: Login
Lockbox, click on  Disable Passport Features.   Do this for each Archive file
individually.  I am now clear.

"Jim" wrote:

> Cal,
> Your suggestion to go through Safe Mode did not work, but this did.  To
> clear my Passport password I opened Money 2002 with Passport instead of the
> recommended "Offline".  Then I went to File and Login Lockbox and was able to
> "Disable Password Features".    That cleared the system.   Now when Money
> opens Passport is not shown so it opens to Money directly.    I can only hope
> that everything works okay after 7/31.
> Thank you for your assistance.
>
> "Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:
>
> > In microsoft.public.money, Jim wrote:
> >
> > >Cal,
> > >Thank you for the suggestion.  However, that did not not work either.
> >
> > I would try booting into Safe Mode (without networking). See if you
> > can login offline, do the File->LoginLockbox in Money 2002 and
> > remove your Passport.

0
Jim8980 (510)
7/8/2008 2:43:02 PM
Hi guys.  Until today i have not seen any announcements about Passport coming
to an end with MS Money 2002.  Now i cannot even open my current file or my
backup (which i did religiously every time i closed money).  Last date i
could access my file was 18th November 2008.  Now when i try to open on or
off line i get "The password you entered is incorrect. Please try again".
Yet this is my Passport password and had to enter the same password to even
enter this message.  Same issue if i try to restore my backup .

HELP - cant get to any of my money files.  I cant get in to turn the
password off!

"Dick Watson" wrote:

> You will get broken at the end of July, 2008. (That's about 45 days from now.)
>
> See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/894020.
>
> You should remove the Passport/WinLiveID from your file before that time.
> (File|Password Manager).
>
> There have been many indications this day would come. Now you all have a
> date certain.
0
Rich (271)
11/24/2008 12:41:01 AM
In microsoft.public.money, Jim Rich <Jim
Rich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi guys.  Until today i have not seen any announcements about Passport coming
>to an end with MS Money 2002.  Now i cannot even open my current file or my
>backup (which i did religiously every time i closed money).  Last date i
>could access my file was 18th November 2008.

It worked until then? I wonder if they had restarted the server for
a while to let people open the file and remove the Passport.

>  Now when i try to open on or
>off line i get "The password you entered is incorrect. Please try again".
>Yet this is my Passport password and had to enter the same password to even
>enter this message.  Same issue if i try to restore my backup .
>
>HELP - cant get to any of my money files.  I cant get in to turn the
>password off!

Is there no choice to log in offline? If not, maybe you could get in
by setting IE to File->WorkOffline. Then open Money.

If you want to try Money Plus, you would first want to convert your
file to Money 2005 with the method described in step 3..6.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/913108/en-us
I understand that the title of the article does not match your
situation, but he method may work for you.

Then you would install the Money Plus Trial to see if that is what
you would want to go with. In each install, be careful to tell Money
to not uninstall the older version, if you want to keep Money 2002
on your machine also.

>"Dick Watson" wrote:
>
>> You will get broken at the end of July, 2008. (That's about 45 days from now.)
>>
>> See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/894020.
>>
>> You should remove the Passport/WinLiveID from your file before that time.
>> (File|Password Manager).
>>
>> There have been many indications this day would come. Now you all have a
>> date certain.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
11/24/2008 1:16:44 AM
I have Money2002 and it works correctly. I just ran it again to make sure it
updates and it did. I have WindowsXP Home SP3.

Frank

> In microsoft.public.money, Jim Rich <Jim
> Rich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>>Hi guys.  Until today i have not seen any announcements about Passport
>>coming
>>to an end with MS Money 2002.  Now i cannot even open my current file or
>>my
>>backup (which i did religiously every time i closed money).  Last date i
>>could access my file was 18th November 2008.
>
> It worked until then? I wonder if they had restarted the server for
> a while to let people open the file and remove the Passport.
>
>>  Now when i try to open on or
>>off line i get "The password you entered is incorrect. Please try again".
>>Yet this is my Passport password and had to enter the same password to
>>even
>>enter this message.  Same issue if i try to restore my backup .
>>
>>HELP - cant get to any of my money files.  I cant get in to turn the
>>password off!
>
> Is there no choice to log in offline? If not, maybe you could get in
> by setting IE to File->WorkOffline. Then open Money.
>
> If you want to try Money Plus, you would first want to convert your
> file to Money 2005 with the method described in step 3..6.
> I understand that the title of the article does not match your
> situation, but he method may work for you.
>

> Then you would install the Money Plus Trial to see if that is what
> you would want to go with. In each install, be careful to tell Money
> to not uninstall the older version, if you want to keep Money 2002
> on your machine also.
>

>>"Dick Watson" wrote:
>>
>>> You will get broken at the end of July, 2008. (That's about 45 days from
>>> now.)
>>>
>>> See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/894020.
>>>
>>> You should remove the Passport/WinLiveID from your file before that
>>> time.
>>> (File|Password Manager).
>>>
>>> There have been many indications this day would come. Now you all have a
>>> date certain.

0
vze32975 (12)
11/24/2008 2:32:17 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Frank wrote:

>I have Money2002 and it works correctly. I just ran it again to make sure it
>updates and it did. I have WindowsXP Home SP3.

You don't have a Passport on your file.

>Frank
>
>"Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message
>> In microsoft.public.money, Jim Rich <Jim
>> Rich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Hi guys.  Until today i have not seen any announcements about Passport
>>>coming
>>>to an end with MS Money 2002.  Now i cannot even open my current file or
>>>my
>>>backup (which i did religiously every time i closed money).  Last date i
>>>could access my file was 18th November 2008.
>>
>> It worked until then? I wonder if they had restarted the server for
>> a while to let people open the file and remove the Passport.
>>
>>>  Now when i try to open on or
>>>off line i get "The password you entered is incorrect. Please try again".
>>>Yet this is my Passport password and had to enter the same password to
>>>even
>>>enter this message.  Same issue if i try to restore my backup .
>>>
>>>HELP - cant get to any of my money files.  I cant get in to turn the
>>>password off!
>>
>> Is there no choice to log in offline? If not, maybe you could get in
>> by setting IE to File->WorkOffline. Then open Money.
>>
>> If you want to try Money Plus, you would first want to convert your
>> file to Money 2005 with the method described in step 3..6.
>> I understand that the title of the article does not match your
>> situation, but he method may work for you.
>>

>> Then you would install the Money Plus Trial to see if that is what
>> you would want to go with. In each install, be careful to tell Money
>> to not uninstall the older version, if you want to keep Money 2002
>> on your machine also.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
11/24/2008 3:18:27 PM
How would you now I don't have a Passport?

Frank

> In microsoft.public.money, Frank wrote:
>
>>I have Money2002 and it works correctly. I just ran it again to make sure
>>it
>>updates and it did. I have WindowsXP Home SP3.
>
> You don't have a Passport on your file.
>

>>Frank
>>
>>"Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message

>>> It worked until then? I wonder if they had restarted the server for
>>> a while to let people open the file and remove the Passport.

>>> Is there no choice to log in offline? If not, maybe you could get in
>>> by setting IE to File->WorkOffline. Then open Money.
>>>
>>> If you want to try Money Plus, you would first want to convert your
>>> file to Money 2005 with the method described in step 3..6.
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/913108/en-us
>>> I understand that the title of the article does not match your
>>> situation, but he method may work for you.
>>>

>>> Then you would install the Money Plus Trial to see if that is what
>>> you would want to go with. In each install, be careful to tell Money
>>> to not uninstall the older version, if you want to keep Money 2002
>>> on your machine also.

0
vze32975 (12)
11/27/2008 6:28:03 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Frank wrote:

>How would you now I don't have a Passport?

Microsoft discontinued the Passport server that serviced Money 2004
and earlier. You don't have the problem that you would if you had a
Passport on your pre-2005 Money file.

See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/894020

>Frank
>
>"Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message
>> In microsoft.public.money, Frank wrote:
>>
>>>I have Money2002 and it works correctly. I just ran it again to make sure
>>>it
>>>updates and it did. I have WindowsXP Home SP3.
>>
>> You don't have a Passport on your file.
>>

>>>Frank
>>>
>>>"Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
11/27/2008 8:27:22 PM
But I had, and still have, a Passport and have not changed it. Microsoft
requires it for other things such as my.msn.com. Are you saying  the
requirement was removed from pre-2005?

Frank

> In microsoft.public.money, Frank wrote:
>
>>How would you now I don't have a Passport?
>
> Microsoft discontinued the Passport server that serviced Money 2004
> and earlier. You don't have the problem that you would if you had a
> Passport on your pre-2005 Money file.
>
> See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/894020
>

>>Frank
>>
>>"Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message

>>> You don't have a Passport on your file.

0
vze32975 (12)
11/28/2008 8:25:28 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Frank wrote:

>But I had, and still have, a Passport and have not changed it. Microsoft
>requires it for other things such as my.msn.com. Are you saying  the
>requirement was removed from pre-2005?

To have a Passport (now called Live ID) is not the same as having it
on your Money file. TO access the portfolio on MSN.com (MSN Money),
you need that LiveID. For your Microsoft Money file, you do not need
the Passport/LiveID.

For certain access with Money 2007 and Money Plus, you need the
LiveID -- for direct OFX statements.

For Money 2002...2004, having that Passport is no longer supported.

>Frank
>
>"Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message
>> In microsoft.public.money, Frank wrote:
>>
>>>How would you now I don't have a Passport?
>>
>> Microsoft discontinued the Passport server that serviced Money 2004
>> and earlier. You don't have the problem that you would if you had a
>> Passport on your pre-2005 Money file.
>>
>> See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/894020
>>

>>>Frank
>>>
>>>"Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
11/28/2008 9:30:03 PM
Thanks. Frank
> In microsoft.public.money, Frank wrote:
>
>>But I had, and still have, a Passport and have not changed it. Microsoft
>>requires it for other things such as my.msn.com. Are you saying  the
>>requirement was removed from pre-2005?
>
> To have a Passport (now called Live ID) is not the same as having it
> on your Money file. TO access the portfolio on MSN.com (MSN Money),
> you need that LiveID. For your Microsoft Money file, you do not need
> the Passport/LiveID.
>
> For certain access with Money 2007 and Money Plus, you need the
> LiveID -- for direct OFX statements.
>
> For Money 2002...2004, having that Passport is no longer supported.
>

>>Frank
>>
>>"Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message

>>> Microsoft discontinued the Passport server that serviced Money 2004
>>> and earlier. You don't have the problem that you would if you had a
>>> Passport on your pre-2005 Money file.
>>>
>>> See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/894020

0
vze32975 (12)
11/29/2008 12:40:50 AM
On Nov 28 2008, 7:40=A0pm, "Frank" <vze32...@verizon.net> wrote:
> Thanks. Frank
> "Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgr...@please.tnx> wrote in messagenews:8go0j=
4htu8ai4qu1t0ai0gtgndh6e44rev@4ax.com...

> > In microsoft.public.money, Frank wrote:
>
> >>But I had, and still have, a Passport and have not changed it. Microsof=
> >>requires it for other things such as my.msn.com. Are you saying =A0the
> >>requirement was removed from pre-2005?
>
> > To have a Passport (now called Live ID) is not the same as having it
> > on your Money file. TO access the portfolio on MSN.com (MSN Money),
> > you need that LiveID. For your Microsoft Money file, you do not need
> > the Passport/LiveID.
>
> > For certain access with Money 2007 and Money Plus, you need the
> > LiveID -- for direct OFX statements.
>
> > For Money 2002...2004, having that Passport is no longer supported.
>
> >>Frank
>
> >>"Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgr...@please.tnx> wrote in message

I'm also having password issues with Microsoft Money 2003.  We've been
using it daily with no issues.  But then yesterday (Jan 6, 2009) we
got the password issues.  Unfortunately we are using the Passport/
WinLiveID on our files.  We were not aware of this end-of-life
announcement on the Passport support for Money 2002-2004 until today
when I started surfing to find a resolution.  I cannot go beyond the
password prompt.  I would like very much to remove the passport
credentials from our files.  Is there anything else I can do salvage
my files?

Using data from cells in a Query to a MS Access Database
I need to use a MS Excel 2003 spreadsheet to perform a simple set of calcs. One piece of information I need is stored in an Access Database. If I could have, I would have converted the spreadsheet to an MS Access database and programmed the query to use information from text boxes. However, not all employees in the company have MS Access on their computer. So I need to use an external query in Excel to look at the MS Access Database. I can do that pretty easily. The Query Wizard walks you right through it. However, I need to make it so that the criteria for the query is drawn ...

Microsoft
Support plan states that "Managed User" will receive an answer from Microsoft within 48 hours if a community user does not answer, but that does not appear to be happening. Please comment. When did you post your query to this newsgroup / and what is the title? Regards James "Lisa Rivers" <LisaRivers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E13EE281-E188-4721-8CC9-D51AD25F27C0@microsoft.com... > Support plan states that "Managed User" will receive an answer from > Microsoft > within 48 hours if a community user does not answer, bu...

Activies Showing Up In Another Users "My Activites" List
I have a user who is seeing 2 activites from another user. It would seem that the user also sees these activites. We tried re-assigning the activity but this did not work. Any other tips? ...

Deleted User Account
I�m hoping that perhaps you might be able to help me with a deleted user account issue I�m having on Exchange 2003. I accidentally deleted a user account and now I�m having problems recovering that user�s email. I recreated the user account, went into exchange system manager and reconnected the mailbox store to the new account. But now when I try to access the email account it doesn�t recognize the password although the user can log onto the server. TIA <abc123> wrote in message news:lutmp0hk7jjbn2nk1h22v7qp3u0jb5rgnv@4ax.com... > I'm hoping that perhaps you might be a...

cannot use wildcards in LDAP query
I am using genifax and two of the tools they provide error out when using wildcards as part of an LDAP query in the production envioronment. I also tried the tool against servers running LDAP in different sites but they fail. I tested this tool against a lab machine all the same service pack/patches and it works correctly. Any ideas? sorry this is a 5.5 server running sp4 on nt4 sp6a "Charles Hibbits" <Charles_hibbits@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23v7mrVmJEHA.4052@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I am using genifax and two of the tools they provide error out when using...

Reporting services available for use with access?
I am building a DB in access for my project managers, some will be using just access. Is it possible that report builder can be used in Access? In some way? ...

Calculations #4
Hi, when I am calculating my totals, my sum is more than what is listed. How do I make the necessary changes to reflect the correct sum. Thanks, Jessica This might describe your problem: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/pennyoff.html In article <1959a01c44d55$091c3920$a601280a@phx.gbl>, "Jessica" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > > when I am calculating my totals, my sum is more than what > is listed. How do I make the necessary changes to reflect > the correct sum. > > Thanks, > > Jessica Thanks for such ...

view workflow per user
How can I view workflows for each user? I've been looking and can't seem to figure out how to view that info. Thanks Brian ...

Disable user.....leave existing mailbox available to others
I'm new to user admin functions on Exchange Server 2000. I have a user leaving and need to disable the mailbox and ensure the user's existing mailbox is still available to other remaining users. Can someone list the required steps in detail so I can ensure this is done correctly. thanks JJ You can delete the user. In exchange 2000 system manager locate the mailbox right click on it and choose reconect, now you can reconnect the mailbox on a new user. If more than one user need aces to the mail box you can do this whit the usermanager right click teh user and choose mailboxright...

Using lparam in cheaderctrl
Hi there, I know that when insertcolumn is called from inside a clistctrl, it takes care of calling methods in header control to add the header text. However is there a way of sending some more information. I want to make use of the cheaderctrl's (HD_ITEM'S) lparam which is supposed to be an application define lparam. Can I do this at the time of inserting the columns? If not, when and how can I do it? Because then when I get a notification of onheaderclicked, I want to be able to read the value stored in this lparam to do stuff accordingly. Thank you. I think it's kinda anno...

Using ADODB, how do I create a msgbox when duplicate data is enter
Hello, I am having a problem creating a msgbox, when data entered through a form into a table is duplicated. I would like for a msgbox to popup, and warn the user for dupliucate data, before the actual data is entered into the table. I have an index for no duplicate set on a field in a table. How would I go about this? I have seen code for Jet, and have tried to translate it over to ADODB, but with many problems. Any help with this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks I don't know the code which is causing the problems with Jet but have you tried working with the 'match&#...

transfer an excel work sheet to Paint #3
hello, i am writing a computer assignment for university. So we are asked to give anb instruction to how to use the excel. now i would need to know how to copy parts of the excel work book to word or paint so i can show the users where to go to... it's so urgent.... the submission is in an hour!!! i would appreciate your help guys. see ya ...

COUNTIF using 2 ranges??
OK, here's the deal. I have a worksheet with about 500 rows of data, o each row has a unique ticket number, a type code (1-9) and a compan name (about 20 different companies) What I need to do is get th results for each company and each code. Therefor, the number o tickets that belong to company XYZ that have a code of 3 would b entered into one field. Then 4, 5, 6 etc. I have tried COUNTIF and array formulas but have has no success. I you have any ideas, please share. Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Snickstx, a pivot table will give you what you are looking...

using xml to build ASP.NET applications
hiya, ATM, I use vis studio to drag and drop controls on to my web forms. Apparently, an app can be built via XML and XSLT.I've been googling, but I'm still none the wiser as to why people would go to a low level of xml when they could use the IDE? Is it because: 1) the same xml can be used to build cross-platform apps? 2) it performs better (maybe there is less metadata if done in this way)? 3) it is easier to modify using XSLT than it is to go in and manually alter controls that have been dropped onto a webform? Can anyone give me a clue? Also, the people that use XML to build t...

CRM 3.0
I would like to move the ordernumber middle part to a larger number to match the next available number in the existing paper order system. Where do I find the row/column in the database to change the seed or next available number? ...

distribution lists #4
Does anyone know if anything can be done to fix my outlook problem? If I send an email to a distribution list and one of the addresses bounces ( invlaid, box fill, vacation setting, etc; ), everyone on my distribution list get the message reply not just me. How can I change the settings/preferences so everyone on my distribution list does not see the bounces or returns. Thanks!! Jenny ...

CRM 3 fiscal Year Setup Modify
Hi i would like to modify the setup of the fiscal year in CRM 3.0 can some one guide me how can i do that. regards Nader ------=_NextPart_0001_7F19AB8E Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit NaderYousef@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > i would like to modify the setup of the fiscal year in CRM 3.0 can some one > guide me how can i do that. Fiscal year settings are located in Settings --> Settings --> Fiscal Year Settings. -- Tao Yue Microsoft CRM Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ------=...

Using a Yes/No field to trigger a calculation in another field
I am trying to use an IIF statement to have a filed calculate based on another field having either Yes or No in it. The fields are: TotalTuitions - all the tuitions added together MultiClassTrigger - Yes/No fiield MultiClassDisc - 10% discount to be calculated depending on Yes/No IIF statement - MultiClassDisc:IIf([MultiClassTrigger]=Yes,[TotalTuitions]*0.1,0) This will work the first time that Yes is selected in the Trigger field but then the value will stay when I change the Trigger field back to No. With No selected it should change the discount field back to zero. ...

New Email from a Single User Disappears
I have a situation with one user only at a client site where new email from one and only one sender reaches his mailbox but then disappears. This is Outlook 2003 and Exchange Server 2003 SP2 on an SBS2003 server. The messages are coming from a scanner that's on the same network segment as the server and the client PC is. The Exchange SMTP server is configured to allow connection and relay from this scanner's IP address. After a scan to this user's address, the SMTP server log shows the messages coming in and being accepted just fine. If you use an Outlook 2003 profile wi...

subform used for changing mainform record
Hello. I have a main form that has a tabcontrol on it. One of the tabs has a subform on it that will list the many of the mainform's one. This is a parent/child hierarchy set up. So the parents and children are all in one table. A parent can also be a child and a child can also be a parent. Anyway, below is the code that I originally used for making the change. Now it does not and I do not see why. The button that I am using is inside the subform that when used takes and changes the mainform to the selected record and the subform as well. The txtChangeRequestID is the...

Attempting to call a sub from another wb using a Userform option b
Please assist. I have an userform that has several options button each calls a sub proc from another workbook I am getting run-time error 1004 Method Run of object_Application failed when I click on the button when the other workbook close . When the workbook is open I am getting run-time error 1004 Cannot run the macro wbMain.xlsm!cmdOpenfile. The macro may not be available in this workbook or all macros may be disabled.but with a different reason. My macros options are enabled and has trusted access. I am baffled because the code is very simple: Application.run "...

4 attachments in one email gets sent in 4 messages
I attached four files to one message and they were sent as four different email messages. How do I get them to be sent in one message? Outlook 2000 ...

Mail User Profile and Data Files
My Outlook 2007 no longer start and I believe it is the outlook pst file that has been coorupted. I have deleted the profile from the Mail control panel icon and started with new profile. Outlook start well asking me my various info to set up the email service. Everything is fine to taht point but the minute I try to setup the data files (pst formoat either) I get the fol msg. This information service is not install on your computer. The next box dialogue box from Outlook at startup is: Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the...

How you use your queue
hi, Will like to know how everyone uses the queue function. For example, we have a queue called support@company.com We will like the emails to be split equally among 5 customer service representatives. Example, if there are 500 emails entering support queue each day, each csr should be assigned 100 emails? any idea how this can be achiveed? many thanks Alan Sounds like you need to write code to do this. One approach would be to store a list of the users who these mails should go to and then also store the name of the one who got the last mail. You then write code to monitor the...

outlook 2003, using windows xp professional and a small business e
hello, we are using this version as a contact managing data base and are looking to add on a pda. which pda's do you think will work best? which data will actually get sent to the pda, ie: addresses, calenders, to do's??? thank you, henry Depends on the sync software used with your PDA. "henry" <henry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F126E82-FD11-4D2A-AFD9-5991034214C2@microsoft.com... > hello, > we are using this version as a contact managing data base and are looking to > add on a pda. which pda's do you think will work best? >...