Attach Link does not work if file name has changed

I used MS Money Plus Home and Business. I keep scanned copy of Invoices in
one folder. I link them to MS Money. After linking the item in MS money to
the file, a link icon appears in MS money.
When I change the name of the scanned file, the link does not work any longer.

There is no way of knowing whether the item (that still has a link icon) has
a valid link or not (because the scanned file name changed)?

Rajesh
0
Rajesh6582 (40)
1/8/2009 12:19:00 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Sorry - the question was "Is there a way of knowing whether the item (that

"Rajesh" wrote:

> I used MS Money Plus Home and Business. I keep scanned copy of Invoices in
> one folder. I link them to MS Money. After linking the item in MS money to
> the file, a link icon appears in MS money.
> When I change the name of the scanned file, the link does not work any longer.
>
> There is no way of knowing whether the item (that still has a link icon) has
> a valid link or not (because the scanned file name changed)?
>
> Rajesh
0
Rajesh6582 (40)
1/8/2009 12:21:01 AM
Rajesh | 2009-01-07 | 6:21:01 PM wrote:
>"Rajesh" wrote:
>> I used MS Money Plus Home and Business. I keep scanned copy of
>>Invoices in  one folder. I link them to MS Money. After linking the
>>item in MS money to  the file, a link icon appears in MS money.
>> When I change the name of the scanned file, the link does not work
>>any longer.
>> There is no way of knowing whether the item (that still has a link
>>icon) has  a valid link or not (because the scanned file name
>>changed)?
>
>Sorry - the question was "Is there a way of knowing whether the item
>(that still has a link icon) has a valid link or not (because the
>scanned file name changed)?"

That's the way it works. Windows doesn't provide a reverse link from
files back to every place they're referenced, so it's up to you to put
them where you want them, then never, ever move them. I don't know of
any OS that does.

I remember that when Apple developed the Macintosh file system, there
was some talk about using the resource fork of the file to keep track
of every reference to that file so that you could move it without
updating all your other applications, but I don't think anything ever
came of it. I suspect it would be very resource-intensive to do this
and extremely prone to errors.

--
Steve Bell
New Life Home Improvement

File size #11

circular files; iterating to a "correct" solution
I am working with a circular file. I have been making changes to the file, and I have noticed at times when i manually calculate that the file iterates to an obviously "incorrect" solution. No amount of changing the max no of iterations or the max change seems to fix the problem. It iterates to the same "incorrect" solution every time. It is like it is stuck in a rut and can't get out. I have also noticed that, if I manually calculate each worksheet separately (that is, hit shift - f9 simulaneously on each worksheet individually, from left to right) all the ...

find action on log file

excel database 25,000 plus names #2
I am working with a database i set up in excel. It has over 25,000 names, total size of file is 274mb. If i transfer all my data from an excel database to access, will i work faster. Right now it takes forever to open and save. I am told it is not my computer. any tips??? -- mikedipaol ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mikedipaola's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3568 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=55465 ...

OL 2002 Hanging up When Attaching Docs

Attaching Contacts to new email

owa cant open ppt attachments

Maximum file sizes

Using Relative path for XML data file?

How to repair a .dll file in IE8

Linking files 2 ways

cannot open hyper links in outlook

Change position ID in HR

Filters not working in Exchange 2003

CSV Files and VLOOKUP error

Business Portal Development

Rule won't work
Outlook 2007 I have set up a rule to do the following; When I send or receive a message from a specific contact, play a sound, display in new item alert window, flag for follow up and move to a specific folder. But it is not doing anything. Do I need to change something else? What type of email account? Do other rules work? Does it work if you use any one action? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.out...

How do you change the APR?

Load image in a unbound control from a attachment field in recor
I have a unbound (single not continuious) form with 16 differant records from the same recordset. No problem loading the this data from recordset in VBA. PROBLEM I need to know how to load the unbound controls with Image's from an attachment field in another recordset The normal method of control = Rs!field does not work Please advise -- Thanks Tom dans l'article 78DC5502-3A76-4562-AA20-736446AB1448@microsoft.com, Tom � Tom@discussions.microsoft.com a �crit le 21/01/08 20:28�: > I have a unbound (single not continuious) form with 16 differant records from > the same record...