Assign a Tax Category to a Transfer

How do I assign a tax category to a TRANSFER transaction
within Money?

Specifically, my paycheck is set-up as a split
transaction with tax withholding properly assigned to
various categories.  However, my 401K contribution is
actually a TRANSFER to another account and should be
reflected as a reduction against my taxable salary.  But,
this (transfer) contribution is not showing up in any of
my tax reports.
0
fenter513 (2)
1/12/2004 3:02:10 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

1) Categorizing a transfer is an oxymoron.

2) IF you have the transfer to 401k coming off the Before Tax tab of your
paycheck entries, I believe you will find that it *is* being reported, if in
a goofy and non-intuitive manner. What I think you will find is that Money
takes the first line of the Wages tab and REDUCES the amount applied to its
category by the total of the entries on the Before Taxes tab. This is
non-obvious and certainly an obtuse way of doing this, but check and I think
this is what you will find. I know definitively that this is how Tax
Estimator works--can't say for sure on the other tax reports.

"Jeff" <fenter513@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> How do I assign a tax category to a TRANSFER transaction
> within Money?
>
> Specifically, my paycheck is set-up as a split
> transaction with tax withholding properly assigned to
> various categories.  However, my 401K contribution is
> actually a TRANSFER to another account and should be
> reflected as a reduction against my taxable salary.  But,
> this (transfer) contribution is not showing up in any of
> my tax reports.

Save and transfer Outlook 2007 Profiles to another computer?
Using multiple (prompt) profiles on a computer apprx 23 of them. Is there a way to export/save them and then import into another workstation? I'm setting up five workstations, so the user can have access to their mail on any one of them. OR do I have to enter them each time on each computer? When the users are remote they use WebMail to read their mail via the Internet. I have each user profile setup to leave a copy of the messages on the Server and when the user deletes them - they are deleted on the server also. Using Xp Professional and Outlook 2007. thx John D Leonard -- Sag...

Categories and Classifications on an Invoice
I like the ability to put "reimbursable" items on an invoice (great for billing customers). But is there a way to include the Category and/or classification on the invoice? And in general, money seems very restrictive on the columns you can put on an invoice or a report. Is there any way around that? (short of exporting to excel and doing everything manually). Thank you. ...

Change investment category money market to mutual fund
I mis-identified a mutual fund as a money market. How can I correct this? I tried exporting to .qif and re-importing, but it ruined my 401k contribution history. In microsoft.public.money, Jeff wrote: >I mis-identified a mutual fund as a money market. How can I correct this? The easy way is to delete the symbol for the current "mutual fund" and to rename it to Old MMF or some such. Create a new money market investment with the proper name and symbol. Do a Sell of the Old MMF shares and enter a Buy of the new. That said, there is some advantage to going back and changing the...

Outlook 2000 to 2003 transfer user data
Hey there, I need to transfer the user files from a windows 98SE with Outlook 2000 to a newer XP Pro based P.C with Outlook 2003. What do I need to do? -- "You''re only as good as your last build". Answered here daily. The file you need is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup or transfer: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howto/backupandrestore.htm http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010...

"clear categories on mail" rule
I have deleted this rule by mistake, how to restore it? Create the rule yourself: After receiving a message, which is assigned to any category, remove the category. -- Best regards Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook Manage and share your categories: <http://www.vboffice.net/product.html?pub=6&lang=en> Am Thu, 25 Feb 2010 17:12:06 -0800 schrieb Vic: > I have deleted this rule by mistake, how to restore it? ...

Transfer Money to new PC
I got a new PC and want to transfer all my account information from Money 2003 on my old PC to Money 2003 on the new one. I have the two PC's networked, but can't find one specific file that I need to transfer. Thanks for any help. In microsoft.public.money, Ryan wrote: >I got a new PC and want to transfer all my account >information from Money 2003 on my old PC to Money 2003 on >the new one. I have the two PC's networked, but can't >find one specific file that I need to transfer. *.mny ...

Assigning Records
When a Microsoft CRM Record is assigned from one Microsoft CRM User to another, the Microsoft CRM User who assigned the record will maintain share privileges on that record once it has been assigned. The ownership of that record will be changed to the Microsoft CRM User the record was assigned to, but the User who assigned the record (the previous owner) will still maintain share privileges on that record. (KB861702) We have a situation where we our system reassigns accounts to different users quite often. We would not like the previous owner to have share privileges on that record. It...

Show only required data and transfer to MS Word
I have a spreadsheet that shows some materials we use in our company The first column shows a description of the material, the second colum shows the catalogue number of the material and the third column is lef open for the user to enter in the required quantity. I have attached to the spreadsheet a command button but I need som help with the VB coding. What I'd like to do is have the user enter th required quantities in the 3rd column and then click on this comman button which would then only show the rows that have had quantitie entered. If I could get this done it would be sufficient...

Sales Order remains open after Invoice transfer
Hi Everyone, Does somebody has a hint to solve this issue : Today a user tried to transfer a Sales Order from SOP windows into an Invoice. There was one item that was out of stock and therefore the system asked what to do ? user answered to backorder all the quantities of that item, since it was down to zero in inventory. Once the Invoice was created, the user realised that the Sales Order was still available in the open orders. She created the Backorder from the INvoice since the item was N/A (zero) and the BO created fine. A new SO was also generated from that BO... So far I've ...

what is tax status in Payroll calculator
What is the tax status in the Payroll calculator? In article <EF01A8D2-55E1-48A1-AA04-18683BA91BE3@microsoft.com>, liquid@discussions.microsoft.com says... > What is the tax status in the Payroll calculator? > You should ask the person or company that wrote that calculator. It is definitely not part of XL. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions ...

transfer power point design to publisher
I wish to transfer PowerPoint designs/templates over to Publisher You can right-click a background in PowerPoint and save. Templates in PowerPoint and Publisher are not interchangeable. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "computerguy5001" <computerguy5001@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17543622-797D-49ED-92BD-A49B26281366@microsoft.com... >I wish to transfer PowerPoint designs/templates over to Publisher ...

QuickBooks export: Sales Tax Vendor??
When I try to close a batch to a Quickbooks file, I get the following error: 'Quick Books error message: Sales tax detail line must have a vendor' Can anyone tell me what this means and how to fix?? Thanks in advance for your help!! Bob, Our solution was to create a new sales tax account and map to it, then it worked fine. As to why QB has this issue, I don't know. Good luck, Matt "Bob (new user)" <Bobnewuser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4BE2F064-C10F-4453-BDA3-795FFCABEAE4@microsoft.com... > When I try to close a batch to a Quickbo...

Excel Assignment, I am Lost!
If some could help me out with this assignment I got I would greatly appreciate it :) . I am sure it is extremely easy, but I don't know how to use Excel at all, heh. 1. Production Errors Established in 2002, t-shirts.com has rapidly become the place to find, order, and save on T-shirts. One huge selling factor is that they manufacture their own T-shirts. However, the quality manager for the production plant, Kasey Harnish, has noticed an unacceptable number of defective T-shirts being produced. You have been hired to assist Kasy in understanding where the problems are concentrated...

How to pull back information(taxes,customer payment history)
Hello, We send GP customer bills using SOP transactions using e-connect once a month. I send them in Batches. GP calculates taxes for us. All is well and working. Question 1: How do I pull back taxes for the SOP items that have been posted for a given customer for a given month and product? I am going to use this tax information to generate our bills for the customers. Which requester object would you use for this? If not what tables should I directly pull this info from? Question 2: In the front end application, I am trying to build a screen where I dsiplay customer payment history,...

Money auto-assign category to downloaded transactions
It's happened several times, but I can't quite pinpoint the trigger to it. Every now and then, when I download transactions into Money, it random assigns a category to all the transactions, and the category is the same one. For example, just earlier today, every transactions downloaded was assigned "automobile" as the category. I have tried different options under Tools - Setting - Online Sevices Setting, but I can't quite figure out how to prevent this from happening. Any idea? In microsoft.public.money, namsilat wrote: >It's happened several times, but I can&#...

transfer outlook 2003 messages to new Vista PC
I have exported my outlook folders on my original XP PC to backup.pst and copied that folder onto my Vista PC. The copied file has no access limitations visible in properties. But, when I attempt to import it into my outlook 2003 on my Vista PC, I get a Microsoft Outlook Message "File Access Denied. You do not have the permission required to access the file C:\Users\(me)\Appdata\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\Backup.pst". It makes no difference where the file is - I get the same access denied problem. Please advise how to resolve this Thanks in anticipation Warren Warren Marshall...

Taxes---box not checked in POS screen (RMS)
We have two ways we enter order...work orders for internet orders, and the cash register in the store. I have set up taxes like this: In Manager: In Config Tax-exclusive checked Assign tax per customer-walk-in Group=Sales tax Field match=State In Database Sales Taxes Code=TN, descrption=TN State Tax Min tax amount=0 Max Tax Amt=0 Sales Tax Rate=9.750% + $0.00 No other boxes checked Customer taxes Code=TAX, description=Sales ...

How to check the assignment to a queue
Hi, Does anybody know how to check the assignment of an incident to a queue in Workflow Rules Manager? I would like to send an e-mail to the staff belonging to a particular queue when an incident is assigned to that queue, but I couldn't find a condition which permits to evaluate the assignment destination. Thank you Marco ...

Integration Manager - SOP Line Detail
I am trying to set up a SOP Sales Invoice Integration to bring in sales invoices produced in another system I would like to bring in the tax amount per line as part of the integration but cannot get this to work as there is not a tax amount defined at Item Detail level. Has anyone any suggestion on how to proceed? Thanks -- JB JB, In IM, the Items collection has a Line Item Taxes subcollection where you can map the Tax Detail ID (which will need to be created already in GP), Tax Amount, and the Total Sales being taxed. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global ...

Departments and Categories Report
Can anybody tell me how to print a plain Departments and Categories report without anything else? (we don't have any transactions or items yet!) Thanks ...

How to transfer iPhone contacts along with contact photos to pc?
Many iPhone users have asked how to transfer iPhone contacts along with contact photos to their pc. They need to backup their contacts somewhere in case of data loss, especially for those who have so many important clients? contacts on their iPhone. They just need a way to backup their iPhone contacts. What shall they do?Here I'd like to share my experience in this :I used this iPhone Contact to PC Backup program called Tansee iPhone Transfer Contact to transfer and backup all my contacts from my iPhone to my computer. What can it help you?- Backup contacts on iPhone memory to a file- Expo...

Investments and Taxes
The Income column in Investment Performance Reports does not include dividends received for stocks and perhaps other investment types. I have searched the Knowledge Base and Money Help and reviewed FAQ, but could find no answer. Please help. Lemme explain the issues more clearly... 1. The Income column is displayed when you check the "show calculation details" box in the Row & Columns tab in the Customize drop down window. I perhaps incorrectly assumed that Return in the charts was Total Return that includes distributions such as dividends. Total Return is what I...

Assignment Owner field in Project Pro 2007
Hello, When I insert the Assignment Owner field in the Task Usage view or in any other view in Project Pro 2007, the drop-down list is grayed out: I'm not able to change the Assignment Owner. Why? Thanks for any idea Robert, taht is most likely the case because you dont have resources assigned to your schedule that can become assignement owners. Do you have any global resources assigned to your schedule? -- Marc Soester [MVP] http://www.i-pmo.com.au "Robert" wrote: > Hello, > > When I insert the Assignment Owner field in the Task Usage...

FILE TRANSFER USING MFC CAsyncSocket::OnAccept()
Hello I am new to VC++. For a project I am working on, I need to implement a file transfer application, a chat application and a file retrieve from remote device ..... this is something like microsoft net meeting . if anyone has implemented these , kindly let us know how did u go about it. Will CAsynchSocket class work for File Transfer..as our application uses it , and it is not working! There is a problem in the CASyncSocket::OnAccept() function, it is not being called internally Akanksha I have Used a LoopBack address as running client server on same machine ...

Recent Tax Change in Canada
As most of the Canadina market knows, the new lower and improved GST rate is going into effect Jan 1, 2008 and for us that means a change of 1% down. So, currently the base GST rate for most of Canada is 6%, as of Jan 1 it will be dropped to 5%. My question is related to how to deal with Open Documents, in both Sales and Purchasing that will be affected by this change. I have considered creating new tax details for all situations and setting them at 5% and not implmentmenting them until Jan 1 and then removing the other details as of Jan 1 as well. But this poses the question of when...