Archive File Password

I tried to open an archive file done back in December.  I tried to open the
file today but keep getting a message that email or password is incorrect.  I
have not changed either.

Any suggestions would be appreciated as I am trying to recover some on
transaction data that I deleted by mistake.

JC
0
jcbyte (11)
3/20/2008 10:29:00 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, jcbyte wrote:

>I tried to open an archive file done back in December.  I tried to open the
>file today but keep getting a message that email or password is incorrect.  I
>have not changed either.

An "archive" file is a *.mny file. A backup file is a *.mbf file.

>Any suggestions would be appreciated as I am trying to recover some on
>transaction data that I deleted by mistake.

A common thing that can produce that symptom is that the file is
actually newer than the version being use to open/restore the file.

So determine what kind of file it is for sure. Think about if this
is the same installation that produced the file.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
3/20/2008 10:36:03 PM
The file was produced by money 2007 and was dated in december of 2007.  The
installation trying to open it is the same one that produced it.

JC

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, jcbyte wrote:
>
> >I tried to open an archive file done back in December.  I tried to open the
> >file today but keep getting a message that email or password is incorrect.  I
> >have not changed either.
>
> An "archive" file is a *.mny file. A backup file is a *.mbf file.
>

> >Any suggestions would be appreciated as I am trying to recover some on
> >transaction data that I deleted by mistake.
>
> A common thing that can produce that symptom is that the file is
> actually newer than the version being use to open/restore the file.
>
> So determine what kind of file it is for sure. Think about if this
> is the same installation that produced the file.

0
jcbyte (11)
3/20/2008 11:47:02 PM
In microsoft.public.money, jcbyte wrote:

>The file was produced by money 2007 and was dated in december of 2007.  The
>installation trying to open it is the same one that produced it.

When you do Help->About, what is the version? Also, while there,
write down your Serial Number for use as the product ID if you need
to contact Microsoft support.

At the point that it is asking for a password, does it give you the
alternative to work offline? If so, I would try that selection.

An "archive" file is a *.mny file. A backup file is a *.mbf file.
Which do you have? If *.mny, try to make a repaired version of your
file with File->RepairMoneyFile->StandardFileRepair level 2. That
should serve to show if the problem is a password problem, and it
might make a repaired version of your file without a problem.

>JC
>
>"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:
>
>> In microsoft.public.money, jcbyte wrote:
>>
>> >I tried to open an archive file done back in December.  I tried to open the
>> >file today but keep getting a message that email or password is incorrect.  I
>> >have not changed either.
>>
>> An "archive" file is a *.mny file. A backup file is a *.mbf file.
>>

>> >Any suggestions would be appreciated as I am trying to recover some on
>> >transaction data that I deleted by mistake.
>>
>> A common thing that can produce that symptom is that the file is
>> actually newer than the version being use to open/restore the file.
>>
>> So determine what kind of file it is for sure. Think about if this
>> is the same installation that produced the file.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)

Password/Latest Ver Prob
Hi, w/ a search & links to public FAQ, I think I know my prob. I downloaded the trial ver. of Money 04. I then bought an oem ver off ebay. The oem ver will not let me see the trial ver data - that's mine. Anyways, I am a lic. reg. user now. Can I get the latest ver. or some other work around to get access to my data. The pass. excuse is just letting me know I have too many ver. of ms money around. I can't get help on MS w/o paying the $35. Is that the solution? Or,is there a way to tell who the manuf. is w/ the oem #s? Thanks in advance. ...

Extract text content from MS office files
Hi, I want to extract text content MS-OFFICE documents like word, ppt, xls... Plz gimme some tips. Regard Jack ...

read binary file into byte[]
What is the most efficient technique to read a binary file ( such as a .dll or .exe ) into a byte[] ? Are there advantages to using a BinaryReader ? Thanks. John Grandy wrote: > What is the most efficient technique to read a binary file ( such as a .dll > or .exe ) into a byte[] ? > > Are there advantages to using a BinaryReader ? BinaryReader is mainly useful for when you are dealing with specific data types _other_ than an array of bytes. As for "the most efficient technique" for reading a binary file, it all depends. But, depending on ...

System.xml.xmlnode class and XSD file
Hello. I'm trying to develop a web comsuming client using VS.NET 2003(VB), .NET Framework 1.1.4322, ASP.NET 1.1.4322, WSE2.0 on a WinXP Pro Sp2 comuter. I've done other web consuming client programs for services that passed datatables. This service i am trying to consume has it's function type as system.xml.xmlnode. When i added the web service, i thought it would generate an XSD for me, but it did not. It did for previous programs. I'm not sure if is supposed to. The service i am trying to consume is at: https://xatanet.net/xatanetwebservice/tripexportservice.asmx...

Trying to build a fixed width file for importing
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C48A0A.F421FA30 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am trying to build a fixed width file In Excel to import into another = program. The records are 252 (not sure what to call it) bits? of = information long, in several fields. When I build a couple of records = for testing according to the file specs from the program, I am saving = the file as an Excel "space delimited" .PRN file using Courier font. So = far, so good. However, when I open ...

How do I stop styles from changing when I save and reopen the file
I frequently use styles to format my documents. However, sometimes I have noticed that when I save a document, close it and then open it later, the style formats have changed. This most often seems to happen on Headers - for example when I save the file there will be outline numbering applied to Heading 1, Heading 2, etc. but when I open it next time the numbering is gone or the font on the numbering has changed. I've also had my paragraph spacing change - such as I changed a style to only have 4pt after a paragraph and when I reopen the document (or someone else opens it)...

Network deleted file
Hello, Any one can tell me, if i delte the file or folder to network machine, so where the deleted folder will go in which recycle bin,network machin or local machine. Hello Jiwan, None of both, if you delete a file on a network share it is complete deleted. Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ** Please do NOT email, only reply to Newsgroups ** HELP us help YOU!!! http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm > Hello, > > Any one can tell me, if i delte the file ...

Can't restore main Outlook pst file info
After reformatting my hard drive etc. Outlook will not read the information in my main PST file. I have two others, Archive.pst and Hotmail.pst and these read ok. The main Outlook.pst only shows what looks to be the default folders and all are empty. I have tried the "detect and repair" program and tried delecting all the Outlook files and re-copying them from my back up disk. I am sure that the Outlook.pst file is ok, it's just that Outlook won't read it for some reason. Thanks for any help you can provide. ...

Opening Publisher Files #4
I received an email with a Publisher 2003 Flyer attached. I have Pblisher 2000 and are not able to open the file. Is it possible? If so, how? Thanks!!! While waiting for decisions from his 6 university choices, Ed sees a message from Winnie <Winnie@discussions.microsoft.com>. On it is written: > I received an email with a Publisher 2003 Flyer attached. I have > Pblisher 2000 and are not able to open the file. Is it possible? Try asking the person who sent you the file to do a File > Save As... > Publisher 2000. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ww...

Resource file problems.
For some reason my resource file changes on it's own. On compiling I get an error as unknown resource for "HIDC_CAPTION_EDIT". I opened the file ran a "replace all" on it to change it back to "IDC_CAPTION_EDIT". Everything works fine the next time I make any changes to my resources I get the same error and it has been changed back again! I know the res file is being updated but where do I look for the cause and fix it? Thanks, Mark If what you are saying is that you have "HIDC_CAPTION_EDIT" defined in the resource.h file, and are changing it ...

Opening a pst file with Outlook...
I sent home my contacts from outlook at work to my home here. The file is contacts.pst which is 761 KB. I went to outlook and clicked "file" "open" then "open data file" but my contacts are not showing. It brings me to a blank page. Does anyone know or have any idea where the contacts may have gone. I need these fiels ASAP as I am now working from home. If you can help please respond or call my cell at 630.532.1773 It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Shaun How did you create this PST? It's too small to contain much data. If you opened it and they...

Creating new data file
How do I create a new data file in Outlook. at the moment I have one personal folder that contains every contact and mail in sub folders. I wish to create a business file that is solely for that purpose and is seperate from any of my other contacts. E.G. Business Folder> Enquiries Sales Purchases Orders Pending Shipped Contacts My server TN4 my Client win98 1. How do I create postoffice in server ? (with outlook 2000) 2. how do i create out look 2000 in my client win98? please send me about detail procedur conecting installation in server and client. thank four your attentions ...

Outlook Archive Old to New
Recently upgraded from stand alone Outlook 2002 to Outlook 2003 and Exchange Server, but am not able to archive some of my folders... Get Microsoft Office Outlook window "Error while archiving folder "name" in store "Mailbox-Me". You are attempting to archive your data to a Microsoft Outlook 97-2002 Personal Folders File (.pst) which is a non-Unicode data file. To preserve multilingual data, you must choose a Unicode data file, such as the Microsoft Office Outlook Personal Folders File (.pst). See Help for more information." Is there anyway to convert the old...

In query how to write group into the same minute? Export to text file?
Hi How can I in a Query write the criteria so that it groups the data from witin every minute? For example many trades that are made in the same minute compressed into that minute (and the analysis will be done in other fields, like: first, high, low, last, sum). And how can I export the result from a query into a testfile? Regards Rolf On Fri, 5 Feb 2010 00:05:00 +0100, "Rolf" <rolfe@algonet.se> wrote: >Hi >How can I in a Query write the criteria so that it groups the data from >witin every minute? For example many trades that are made in the ...

Files opening at start-up
I just got a new computer and was setting up defaults in Excel, and I mistakenly entered 'My Documents' in the Tools/Options/General field for "At startup, open all files in." So when I start Excel it tries to open EVERY file in My Domuments and I have to use Task Manager to kill it. I opened in Safe Mode to change that option, but that doesn't seem to work. (Ie, when I open Excel again in regular mode it goes back to opening every file.) Is there another way to fix this? THanks! Andrew Can you use Windows Explorer to rename that "my Documents" folder, then ...

MAINTAIN pst files
i know that there are 2 utilities that come with office that can scan and do something else to my pst file. i have outlook 2003 and have no idea where i might find those files. can anyone lead me to the right place? Thank You windows xp There is only 1; scanpst.exe For locations see http://www.msoutlook.info/question/77 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Meg" <meg(removeme)@...

Office 2000 (Delay to open Files)
Greetings, I'm having a challenge on a particular computer opening any office documents. If we double click the file to open it (network or local source) it shows the hour glass for what feels like hours - it may eventually open, sometime we give up. Now, if we open the application first (i.e.: Excel) then go to File-> Open and select any file it opens immediately. I've had this problem before, the only solution I could find at the time was wipe the machine and start over. I tried a repair or re-installation of Office, no change. Windows XP SP3 Office 2000 SP3...

Windows Mail Password
Starting today when I open Windows Mail I get a "pop-up" asking for username and password. will not connect until I complete. this just started today..computer is approx 11 mos old....When I go to tools,properties,servers and put in password and save (apply) it does not save..... That problem can be caused by interference from an antivirus=20 program. Which antivirus are you running? As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus should be turned off, although that may not be sufficient to eliminate all bad effects. In a worst case scenario, your antivirus may need to be u...

How do you copy open PST files?
Does anyone know how you can copy an open PST file? You can't. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:627b01c42e52$5e5fd030$a401280a@phx.gbl... | Does anyone know how you can copy an open PST file? Milly - thanks for your response. OK, another question - is it possible to shut Outlook down via a command prompt? I.e. I'd like to setup a batch file to backup my PST files, but if I can't copy and open PST file, is it possible to shut down Outlook via a...

password protected to sub form
i have a form which don't want to be used by everyone.it should be protected with a password. i have Main form which calls many sub forms, one of the sub forms need to be protected with password. Below are the forms created in my database frmForm frmMain1 frmPassword frmForm has a command button(cmdDo) which calls Form(frmPassword). in frmPassword there is text box(PASSWORD),when i type password as A to my text box this should open my frmMain1 ...

How do I back up my complete "my document" file?
I do not know how to back up my "my documents" file and would appreciate knowing how. Do you have any sort of large writeable media (writeable CDs, DVDs, etc)? If so you could try copying your My Documents folder on to them "Dougal" <Dougal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8DD55FCB-B576-408F-9BFC-B736ABE17CE6@microsoft.com... >I do not know how to back up my "my documents" file and would appreciate > knowing how. The next issue of "Computeractive" will cover this in some depth. "Dougal" <Dougal@discussi...

Retrieve File Names in Directories
Can anyone tell me how or if it is possible to start at a particular directory and drill down to all subdirectories and get the names of files and the associated paths of each? I was thinking you can do this with the File System Object within Excel VBA?? If anyone could point me to good web site that covers this, it would be appreciated. I basically want to start at one directory and follow all paths until no more directories. So drill both down and accross. Hopefully I am explaining correctly. Hi SharonM, What do you want to do with them after you get them? Dan At a...

large doc files were ok for word 200 hange up with 2003
I previously had no problem handeling large word file of 4-6megs using word 2000, with word 2003 word tends to hang up or takes a long time to load the file up to 10 minutes.. I have to do this frequently and it is really slowing things down. iis there a fix for this?? I think it fair to say that Word 2003 is more stable than Word 2000 and that 4 - 6 mb is a relatively small file and well within the capabilities of either version. My guess is that the document is looking for its template and that template is not available in the original location. Or it (or its template) could ...

Which version necessary to open .xls file?
I have Microsoft Excel 4, and use Windows 2000. I was just sent an .xls file that requires a newer version of Excel. How can I tell which version is necessary...I don't want the latest, largest, glitsiest, buggiest version. I just want to use the minimum version required. The Excel 4 I have does work with .xls files, at least it shows that capabilities, so there must be more than one kind. It tries to open this .xls file but gives me the error message that a newer version is required. Can someone point me in the right direction. I can open this .xls file as text but there is a lot o...

Exporting MSWorks files
Hello: On my old computer I had MSWorks 3.0. I created a database in that formula. I got a new computer and on it I got OfficeXP. I now used Excel 2002 for all my dadbase needs. Can you help me: I transfered all my old data files for Excel, Wordperfect, MSWorks, etc. to my new computer. I Have 1 file from Works that if I could export/download it would make life simple. I want to export that Works file with .WDB extension to Excel, without having the MSWorks program on my new computer. Please Help!! Sincerely, Gina Kuhfuss Here is some information that Ken Wright posted Generally yo...