Any news yet on what's expected when copies of MS Money expire?

Just wondering if there has been any updates as to what the users of money
are expected to do when their copies of money expire?  I've read to keep a
watch on this site, as well as within money as to what to do, but I haven't
seen anything here, nor has there been anything coming from within money
except an offer to switch to Quicken 2010 - Yuk, do not want to do that.

This question applies to what we need to do in regards to the possibility of
having to re-install the software if/when a disaster occurs on our systems.

Thanks for any and all comments.

money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Microsoft has stated their intent to provide a patch, sometime prior to the
1/31/2011, that will allow M+ to run without activation. Other threads have
the link to Microsoft's announcement, but I don't have it handy.

"DirtyDawg" <DirtyDawg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> This question applies to what we need to do in regards to the possibility
> of
> having to re-install the software if/when a disaster occurs on our
> systems.

0
Dick
11/17/2009 1:04:00 PM
Thanks for the info Dick.

I hope they don't wait till the last minute to do so :(.

"Dick Watson" wrote:

> Microsoft has stated their intent to provide a patch, sometime prior to the
> 1/31/2011, that will allow M+ to run without activation. Other threads have
> the link to Microsoft's announcement, but I don't have it handy.
>
> "DirtyDawg" <DirtyDawg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
> > This question applies to what we need to do in regards to the possibility
> > of
> > having to re-install the software if/when a disaster occurs on our
> > systems.
>

> .

Hi DirtyDawg.
Once you have to reinstall Money Plus, you have to send a mail to:
microsoftmoney.cs@digitalriver.com (Microsoft Money Online Store Customer
Service) with the following information: (The number of Hardware Key)

"To assist you, we require the Hardware Fingerprint from your software. To
locate your Hardware Fingerprint: 1. Please run your program from the Start
Menu. You should be prompted to activate. Click "Yes." 2. When prompted,
enter the Product Key. This is either inside the CD case or in the order
confirmation email. Click "OK." 3. When you see a screen with the Product Key
field empty, please click on the link for "Have a customer support override
key? ’Enter it now’" 4. You will be directed to a screen with the Hardware
Fingerprint. (Fingerprint.=Hardware Key: XXXX-XXXX) Please copy the Hardware
Fingerprint and provide it to us in a reply to this email along with your
order number. Once it is received, we will generate a new key for your
software installation."

The new key you will let use money plus up to 01-31-2011

Jaime Alarcon Q

"DirtyDawg" wrote:

> Thanks for the info Dick.
>
> I hope they don't wait till the last minute to do so :(.
>
> "Dick Watson" wrote:
>
> > Microsoft has stated their intent to provide a patch, sometime prior to the
> > 1/31/2011, that will allow M+ to run without activation. Other threads have
> > the link to Microsoft's announcement, but I don't have it handy.
> >
> > "DirtyDawg" <DirtyDawg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >
> > > This question applies to what we need to do in regards to the possibility
> > > of
> > > having to re-install the software if/when a disaster occurs on our
> > > systems.
> >

> > .

I have the physical disc version :).  I learned my lesson with the download
version.  I dought seriously if I'll EVER download software again.

"Jaimeaq (Chile)" wrote:

> Hi DirtyDawg.
> Once you have to reinstall Money Plus, you have to send a mail to:
> microsoftmoney.cs@digitalriver.com (Microsoft Money Online Store Customer
> Service) with the following information: (The number of Hardware Key)
>
> "To assist you, we require the Hardware Fingerprint from your software. To
> locate your Hardware Fingerprint: 1. Please run your program from the Start
> Menu. You should be prompted to activate. Click "Yes." 2. When prompted,
> enter the Product Key. This is either inside the CD case or in the order
> confirmation email. Click "OK." 3. When you see a screen with the Product Key
> field empty, please click on the link for "Have a customer support override
> key? ’Enter it now’" 4. You will be directed to a screen with the Hardware
> Fingerprint. (Fingerprint.=Hardware Key: XXXX-XXXX) Please copy the Hardware
> Fingerprint and provide it to us in a reply to this email along with your
> order number. Once it is received, we will generate a new key for your
> software installation."
>
> The new key you will let use money plus up to 01-31-2011
>
> Jaime Alarcon Q
>
> "DirtyDawg" wrote:
>
> > Thanks for the info Dick.
> >
> > I hope they don't wait till the last minute to do so :(.
> >
> > "Dick Watson" wrote:
> >
> > > Microsoft has stated their intent to provide a patch, sometime prior to the
> > > 1/31/2011, that will allow M+ to run without activation. Other threads have
> > > the link to Microsoft's announcement, but I don't have it handy.
> > >
> > > "DirtyDawg" <DirtyDawg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> > > .

"DirtyDawg" <DirtyDawg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> This question applies to what we need to do in regards to the possibility
> of having to re-install the software if/when a disaster occurs on our
> systems.

The answer to your question depends which version you have - Money 2005 DID
NOT work straight out of the box - it absolutely has to go online to obtain
a patch; and the server which carries the patch will go down 31st Jan 2011.
As far as I know all other versions of Money, delivered on an installation
CD, do work if they are installed properly, with the data file located
appropriately on newer OS.

So if you DON'T have 2005, stop reading here.

If you DO have Money 2005, and it has been patched, and is working well on
your PC then make a copy of the contents of the program files. Later you can
use these to overwrite fresh but flawed newly installed program files.

teabag

0
teabag
11/18/2009 8:21:21 AM
See http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/630.aspx for one way to preserve your
files (and sanity).

Bob Peel

"teabag" <nobody@home.com> wrote in message

> "DirtyDawg" <DirtyDawg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
>> This question applies to what we need to do in regards to the possibility
>> of having to re-install the software if/when a disaster occurs on our
>> systems.
>

> The answer to your question depends which version you have - Money 2005
> DID NOT work straight out of the box - it absolutely has to go online to
> obtain
> a patch; and the server which carries the patch will go down 31st Jan
> 2011. As far as I know all other versions of Money, delivered on an
> installation CD, do work if they are installed properly, with the data
> file located appropriately on newer OS.
>
> So if you DON'T have 2005, stop reading here.
>
> If you DO have Money 2005, and it has been patched, and is working well on
> your PC then make a copy of the contents of the program files. Later you
> can use these to overwrite fresh but flawed newly installed program files.
>
> teabag

0
Bob
11/18/2009 5:09:18 PM
Putting legitimate users through all of that work jumping through hoops to
reinstall software they own and paid for is ridiculous.

I agree with DDawg - never buy downloaded software especially if Digital
River is involved.

Regards

Bill Wood

0
William
11/19/2009 12:07:54 AM
Thank you all for your comments/help on this.  Because of the recent problems
I ran into with the downloaded version, I went out and purchased (well
actually it was from Amazon.com) Money Plus Deluxe on CD (or DVD -
Whichever).  As far as I know that is the most up to date version of the
software and thank God I was able to get it on the physical disc.  So
considering I have this latest version on DVD, can someone please inform me
as to how I must do the update when it's necessary?  According to the MONEY
software, it Expires on 10-14-2011.  I realise that that is quite some time
away, but I don't want to wait till the last minute and then find myself in
the same predicament I just did with the downloaded version.

I do make image backups of my system(s), but I don't want to rely on just
that, as I have in the past, because I found out the hard way that even
though a person does things the "RIGHT WAY", things can still happen to mess
everything up.  So for me, it's best to have multiple avenues of planning on
the "Protecting Oneself" front.

Thank you for your time.

You mean the update to remove the DRM requirement? Microsoft hasn't said how
this is going to get packaged yet. Stay tuned to this channel for further
information when it becomes available.

> So
> considering I have this latest version on DVD, can someone please inform
> me
> as to how I must do the update when it's necessary?

0
Dick
11/19/2009 1:20:16 PM
You should also know that the 10/14/2011 date is no longer valid.  M$ is
pulling the plug on Money on 1/31/2001.  While you can continue to use it on
your computer after that date, all online services and support (including I
assume??, the Help files) will end on that date.
--
Peace,
BobJ

message news:OcKd9rRaKHA.4924@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> You mean the update to remove the DRM requirement? Microsoft hasn't said
> how this is going to get packaged yet. Stay tuned to this channel for
> further information when it becomes available.
>
> "DirtyDawg" <DirtyDawg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> So
>> considering I have this latest version on DVD, can someone please inform
>> me
>> as to how I must do the update when it's necessary?

0
Marilyn
11/19/2009 6:40:02 PM
Yes Dick, that's what I meant....well that's what I meant IF that is what
keeps us from re-installing without downloading something from MS servers.
Thanks for the info, I'll stay tuned. :)

"Dick Watson" wrote:

> You mean the update to remove the DRM requirement? Microsoft hasn't said how
> this is going to get packaged yet. Stay tuned to this channel for further
> information when it becomes available.
>
> "DirtyDawg" <DirtyDawg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > So
> > considering I have this latest version on DVD, can someone please inform
> > me
> > as to how I must do the update when it's necessary?
>

> .

I'll assume you meant 1/31/2010 and not 1/31/2001. :)

On Nov 20, 9:20=A0pm, DirtyDawg <DirtyD...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> I'll assume you meant 1/31/2010 and not 1/31/2001. :)
>

> "Marilyn & Bob" wrote:
> > You should also know that the 10/14/2011 date is no longer valid. =A0M$=
 is
> > pulling the plug on Money on 1/31/2001. =A0While you can continue to us=
e it on
> > your computer after that date, all online services and support (includi=
ng I
> > assume??, the Help files) will end on that date.
> > --
> > Peace,
> > BobJ
>
> > "Dick Watson" <littlegreenge...@mind-enufalready-spring.com> wrote in
> > messagenews:OcKd9rRaKHA.4924@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> > > You mean the update to remove the DRM requirement? Microsoft hasn't s=
aid
> > > how this is going to get packaged yet. Stay tuned to this channel for
> > > further information when it becomes available.
>
> > > "DirtyDawg" <DirtyD...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Of course the date we are all talking about is 1/31/2011. Steve
0
Steve

Money #28
I have loaded money 2004 on my computer and I am trying to down load my bank statement. I keep getting an error message C:\window\tempoary Internet file\content.IE5 \4B7FYG9T\history(1).QFX is corrupt or is not a MNY. extension. How can I fix this? Money does not import the QFX file format. Does your bank offer OFX or QIF? Try one of those. "Howard Benson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:28ebc01c4655c$967122d0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I have loaded money 2004 on my computer and I am trying to > down load my bank statement. I keep getting an ...

formula for money additions & subtractions
I am trying to get a formula to calculate payroll deduction for cas register +/-. When an employee is over by $10 or under by $24, th difference comes out of thier check. Example: if somone is -25.00 for the month $1.00 would come out of th check. If someone is +11.00 then $1.00 would come out of the chec also. the +/- for the month is in one cell so i would like the formula to b able to read that cell and figure out if it is too much or little fo the deduction. this is the greatest sight that i have ever found and i hope someon can help me Thank you, Mik -- Message posted from http...

automatic copy cells into other worksheet??
i am trying to find out how i can type text in an excel cell and have it automatically inserted in another worksheet. is this possible?? if so how?? cheers. Hiiiiiiii dear hope u are ok go the sheet2 cell A1 and type =Sheet1!A1 and Drag it and now go to sheet1 and type something in Cell A1 and A2 and A3 and then check them in sheet2 Colum u will find what u have written hope it may work for uuuuu good luck "Matt Hall" wrote: > i am trying to find out how i can type text in an excel cell and have it > automatically inserted in another worksheet. > is this possible?...

Money 2006 won't open
Recently had problems with the IE8 upgrade. It screwed up everything so much that I'm back with IE6, which seems to be working OK. But now MS-Money won't open. The msmoney.exe file is running because I can see it in Task Manager. Even when I end the process in Task Manager, the program still won't open on the desktop. Rebooting doesn't solve anything. Any ideas? Windows XP, SP3 Have you tried: 1) Opening the Money Sample data file? (This will isolate problems with your data file from problems with the application itself.) 2) Reinstalling Money? "snavegerg...

Net Worth Report on Money 2002
I have added a new liability account named "Home Equity Loan Account". It has a balance of approximately $15,000. Even though I have cleared and rechecked the account names in the reports section making sure that this new account has been marked for inclusion, it doesn't appear on the report. What corrective action should I investigate? ...

MS Project
Alright, let me see if I can spell this out. Bottom Line: Is there anyway to show the same task over multiple lines in different sections and have the same task show % complete/costs either over the whole project or by each section? Additional Explanation: We are building a pipeline and putting it in the ground. We are going from 0+00 (Or 000 feet) to say 100+00 (or 10,000 feet). The client is wanting to break down the project into smaller 2500' sections. (Going to use a custom field - number - and then numbering each task between that range of sections a 1-4). Since the jo...

MS Visual Basic error in Outlook
Vba Project OTM - Thisoutlooksession(code) window pops up, and I have to stop the degugger to send an email. I've been using OL 2002 for 2 year, never had this problem, How can I fix it ? "XP User" <my_email@is.private.com> wrote in message news:sb27g.4$RO4.3@fe12.lga... > Vba Project OTM - Thisoutlooksession(code) > window pops up, and I have to stop the degugger > to send an email. > > I've been using OL 2002 for 2 year, never had this problem, > > How can I fix it ? Fix the code ? Supply more info so we have a better idea what your problem...

Copy and Paste.
Hello Folks, Hope you are all well. What I have tried to do is select every object on a page and paste it into a new publication. Sounds simple? However, when I try to do this on a page which has a table in it and then try to paste that, the size of the table goes haywire. It then becomes a manual task again to have to resize it / put text back to where it belongs etc. Please can someone tell me why this is happening and if there is a way to fix to make it a simple copy and paste. Am using Win Xp and Publisher 03. Your help is and always has been very much appreciated. Thanking you in ...

Save a Copy/Overwrite changes dialog box
All of a sudden, this dialog box pops up every time I want to save something in Excel 2002. The box says, "The file '<file name>' may have been changed by another user since you last saved it. In that case, what do you want to do? __ Save a Copy __ Overwrite changes even though I'm the only user that's changed anything in the past 3 years. The shared workbook command has not been changed at all, so that can't be the problem. The settings are the same as the ones I have at home for personal spreadsheets that don't have this dialog box. Help! Than...

trouble Copying as a webpage #2
Any ideas -- daniels01 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- daniels012's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=868 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27161 ...

Money 2006 Investment Account balance display
I have two Investment Accounts (401k) in Money 2006 Deluxe. For some reason, Money stopped displaying the account totals on the Account List page. It used to show the account balances and the subtotal for all of my investment accounts. Additionally, I now notice that each account now has a second account with the same name, but has the word "Contributions" added in parenthesis. This seems to be new as well. The data in the accounts still seems alright. My investment subtotal on the Account list page shows a zero balance and there is no balance listed for the accounts the...

Suggestion for enhancement to Money
Money 2003 contained a feature to track frequent flier miles and points, however you have to do it manually. It would be nice to have an update feature like with bank accounts and investments so a person doesn't have to type all that in. Well, it takes two to tango. Given that all of the airlines are in bankruptcy or are desperately trying to stay out of it and given how very few Money users care about this feature, I'd be really surprised to see Microsoft worry much about convincing the airlines to support such an interface. Besides, the banks don't do such a hot job with th...

Money 2006 Standard
I've just started to use the Money 2006 and I'm trying to move from the Essential Budget to the Advanced Budget, but the software does not move to the selected option. Is there any action to correct this problem? I was using a very old Money version (97) and the file was converted without any problem with budget data in the Advanced format, but as I can't select the Advanced Budget I'm not able to change anything in it. Is it possible to somebody help me on solving this problem? Thank you very much -- Bob Campos Have you tried doing a File - Repair, Bob? -- Michael Gor...

Serious problem with Money Plus Deluxe
I have about 17 years worth of investment data in my Money file along with several years of credit card and checking account data. All of the investment transactions have been entered manually; the credit card and checking account data is downloaded online. Stock prices have been updated daily over at least the last dozen years. On Friday, after entering a bunch of new transactions which were accepted normally and shutting Money down, I tried to open my file again. After I entered my login info, Money gave me the memo that it had "encountered a problem and was shutting down.&qu...

Money 2007 H & B + Windows Vista
Hello, I have read a lot about problems with installing and using Money (2007) on machines running Windows Vista. Is there some kind of "manual" how to go about the install procedure? A manual that describes where to have the program installed installed and where to keep the data? And a manual that describes how to keep the rights as an administrator as you would normally have under windows XP? And maybe there are some other issues that I haven't thought about. Thanks, Eric "Eric" <nomail@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:468fe69d$0$37724$5fc3050@dre...

MS CRM 4.0 Rollup 2 error Data ProductInfo.ExistingLanguage is not available
Recently upgraded to CRM 4.0. Details are as follows - CRM is on premise - 60 Outlook clients - 32 bit server w/ SRS and Exchange router on CRM server - 64 bit DB CRM 4.0 upgrade goes well. Server application of Rollup 2 works fine. Most of my 60 Outlook clients are getting a popup upon running the rollup 2 .EXE: "Data ProductInfo.ExistingLanguage is not available" These are all US English installs (language id 1033). This is not a multi-language install. All users were made "local admins" for the purpose of the client upgrade to 4.0 as well as the rollup install. About...

Can not start MS exchange MTA stack Event ID120
Source : MSExchangeMTA categories: Configuration Event ID: 120 Unable to initailize due to missing or dammaged configuration files the ASN.1 template file 14 is either missing or corrupt. Reload a new copy from Installed CD. What does it mean? It mean my install cd rom is dammage ,right? Any one can tell me. thanks yim_cm@hotmail.com (Thana) wrote: >Source : MSExchangeMTA >categories: Configuration >Event ID: 120 > Unable to initailize due to missing or dammaged configuration files >the ASN.1 template file 14 is either missing or corrupt. Reload a new >copy from I...

Transaction error in Money 2007
Since TAXCUT is out and Money is free with it (Staples), I purchased and upgraded from 06 to 07. My first download resulted in a transaction on my Fidelity account that listed the sale of one mutual fund and the purchase of another. Following the prompts I accepted each transaction but received the following error: An error occurred but Money was unable to retrieve and display details about what happened. (Resource = rcmpiad. Error = 4061.) I have tried deleting the transaction but it continually says 1 transaction to read. I have run salvage and it claimed to fix some on-line issue...

Setup Outlook Express as a news reader
I run Outlook 2007 and have Outlook Express as a news reader. To launch OE from Outlook I tried to follow the help instructions, except that News is not on the Go list. Any ideas? Sorry for the cross posting. -- Cheers Stephen I have never used MS Outlook, but it can be your news reader, (although it is actually using Outlook Express). This may be the answer for you. Microsoft Office Outlook. Newsgroups and starting the newsgroup reader: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA102166861033.aspx? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP Outlook Express Imperial...

How do I get a copy of Publisher 2002?
I'd like to get a copy of Publisher 2002. I still have Windows 98 on my computer and don't want to upgrade to XP right at this time. Other than ordering off of e-bay or other sites I'm not familiar with, is it possible to get a copy of Publisher 2002 that would be compatible with Windows 98? Amazon.com -- Don Vancouver, USA "Crystal1365" <Crystal1365@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:33518C70-6D02-4E03-B9C2-2C1FDEEB4A68@microsoft.com... > I'd like to get a copy of Publisher 2002. I still have Windows 98 on my > computer and don...

Help! Can't Restore my "Old" Money 2005 Backup
Help! Can't Restore my "Old" Money 2005 Backup. Windows 2000 replaced by Windows XP Home on C:\Drive. D:\Drive contains data and Backup only. PC is on a wired Home Network . I recently upgraded from Windows 2000 Pro to Windows XP Home. I wiped the C: Drive clean (formatted) and did a "Fresh" install of Windows XP Home. I reinstalled Microsoft Money 2005 Deluxe, then tried to restore my "old" 2005 Money Backup file (My Money Backup.mbf) from both D: Drive and USB thumbdrive. The Restore shows a default location ..."C:\Program Files \My Money.mny&quo...

re-download MS Money instructions??
I purchased and "installed" MS Money Deluxe today on the Internet. I have the order confirmation and codes in hand. After removing my prior version of Money Deluxe 2006 ..I received a message saying that Money could not "install files needed" and for me to "re-download the program". Where/how do I "re-download: the program? the M S Money page that I found tells me to get the code and purchase information in hand...but..stops there. Is there a site I go to re- download? thanks for any help. Rich In microsoft.public.money, rich wrote: >I pur...

Launching MS outlook
Dear Help I have unistalled then reinstalled MS outlook97 more than once. When I Lauch MS outlook from the desktop I immediatly get a message that reads "This program has performed an illegal operation and will shut down." During reinstall, I get a message that says "microsoft exchange running do you wish to continue. My outlook express is working fine. John You probably have a corrupted set of MAPI files. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;172350 contains a section on how to install a new set of files. (Depending on what applications you have ...

from Money 2004 to 2005 Small Biz Edition
I am sure that I can open the mny file at 2004. But its show error message when I upgrading my money file. The message show " Money Cannot locatemny file" or cannot open it,possibly because it is a read-only file or you do not have permission to change it or your disk is write protected. My Os is XP SP2 (T-Chinese). Is anybody upgraded successfully? I also have the same problem... What is the cause?? I cannot covert the 2004 file to 2005 version at any means.... "Jesse" <Jesse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6754B1C-D719-4DC1-807C-1D2CFD22AA...

MS CRM 1.2 or 3.0 for Help Desk Ticketing solution
Does anyone use this for a Ticketing program? I know we have the customer service module but have never used it. Is there any documentation on how to set it up as a help desk solution. Thanks Todd Yes , U can surely do this by making a case and the case number can be considered a s Ticket number. You will have to dive deep into the whole process to map it to CRM Rgds SAM "Todd" wrote: > Does anyone use this for a Ticketing program? I know we have the customer > service module but have never used it. Is there any documentation on how to > set it up as a help desk ...