AmEx problems over the last several days - NOT upgrade related

I've seen this posted in the context of upgrades from M04 / M05 -> M06.  I'm
running M05 Dlx-no upgrade yet, but I've had my several AmEx accounts under
a single ID (straight connection to AmEx, no Passport/Yodlee) fail with
"AmEx can't process your request right now.  Try again later" since about
7/30 or so.  Seemed strange, so I disabled Online Services for American
Express and reenabled them, and it cleared up the problem.

I don't know if something changed on the AmEx side, but I hope this helps
someone...

- John

0
John
8/4/2005 12:15:03 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

amex is currently changing their website.  seems like an ongoing
process.  various sections on their website are intermittently going down.

John DeMastri wrote:
> I've seen this posted in the context of upgrades from M04 / M05 -> M06.  I'm
> running M05 Dlx-no upgrade yet, but I've had my several AmEx accounts under
> a single ID (straight connection to AmEx, no Passport/Yodlee) fail with
> "AmEx can't process your request right now.  Try again later" since about
> 7/30 or so.  Seemed strange, so I disabled Online Services for American
> Express and reenabled them, and it cleared up the problem.
>
> I don't know if something changed on the AmEx side, but I hope this helps
> someone...
>
> - John

0
bulk1 (2)
8/8/2005 7:20:19 PM
On Thu, 4 Aug 2005 07:15:03 -0500, "John DeMastri"
<john_underscore_demastri_@_mindspring_dot_.com> wrote:

>I've seen this posted in the context of upgrades from M04 / M05 -> M06.  I'm
>running M05 Dlx-no upgrade yet, but I've had my several AmEx accounts under
>a single ID (straight connection to AmEx, no Passport/Yodlee) fail with
>"AmEx can't process your request right now.  Try again later" since about
>7/30 or so.  Seemed strange, so I disabled Online Services for American
>Express and reenabled them, and it cleared up the problem.
>
>I don't know if something changed on the AmEx side, but I hope this helps
>someone...

Experienced similar wierdness over the same period. The past month's worth of
transactions reappeared one day. Re-approving them didn't increase the account
balance, so it appears they were merely an annoyance (no dupe transactions
involved).

problems came up in the following areas during load
I get this message when i copy either text or a graphic from the internet (using IE)and attempt to paste it into MS Publisher. The error dialog box says "Problems During Load"...this box normally apprears 20-30 seconds after I click paste. Once I hit OK, the text or graphic will appear. It never did this before. Any suggestions? CPG Co wrote: > I get this message when i copy either text or a graphic from the internet > (using IE)and attempt to paste it into MS Publisher. The error dialog box > says "Problems During Load"...this box normally apprears 20-...

Printing problem when selecting any paper type other than plain pa
I have MSPub 2002 with XP HE and use an HP Inkjet printer cp1700. When I make my brochures I usually put a border around the edge a fill with some color. If I print one page, I have no problem, but if I ask the software to print numerous copies (anything more than 1 such as 2,3,4,etc) when it prints the second, third, forth etc copy, I always get a series of 3 lines after the top border. If I click the printer icon numerous times I do not get this problem or if I print the document in "paper type" plain paper, I do not get the problem. Does anyone ever experience this problem...

I see that Publisher 97 can be upgraded to 2003; what about 98?
I have Publisher 98 but want to upgrade to 2003. On the sales page it says that one can only upgrade from 97 to 2003. Is that right? Publisher 98 qualifies... http://www.microsoft.com/office/publisher/howtobuy/default.mspx#EEAA -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Gigi" <Gigi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2B2DD01C-2139-4D96-9821-7D3E41D553D5@microsoft.com... >I have Publisher 98 but want to upgrade to 2003. On the sales page it says > that one can only upgrade from 97 to 2003. Is...

concatenate several of records in a field to 1 record
Hi all, what is the best way to concatenate several of data records in a field into 1 for example i have the field named animal and inside i have bird,dog and a cow how can i concatenateall of them to have 1 field called bird,dog,cow? Have a look at either http://www.mvps.org/access/modules/mdl0004.htm or http://www.mvps.org/access/modules/mdl0008.htm depending on your setup. --=20 Joan Wild Microsoft Access MVP "thread" <yaniv.dg@gmail.com> wrote in message = news:1179848700.403433.313710@a26g2000pre.googlegroups.com... > Hi all, > what is the best way to concatena...

E-mail Problem
I have an e-mail server running Windows NT4 SP6a and Exchange 5.5 sp3. When a user of mines attempts to send to one agent out side of the company we receive the below error message. What could be going on. Thanks Reason: Fatal error sending message: No legal recipients Sending message to mdeaton@custard.com -----------------First 8192 bytes of------------------- ------- Unsent message enclosed after this line ------- Received: by exchange.sgic.com from localhost (mail daemon,slmail V5.1); Wed, 18 Aug 2004 13:10:11 -0500 Received: from exchange.sgic.com [10.10.10.24] by exchange.sgic.co...

Vlookup problems
I have Vlookups set up for a particular Spreadsheet. Each month I just drop the new data into the first column. Even though the number is formatted just like the previous month (i.e general, text, whatever) my vlookup formula shows #N/A. If i double click in the data cell and hit enter, the vlookup formula works. can you tell me why, or if there is a better way than clicking and hitting enter? Thanks! do you have your automatic calculation turned on? Under tools<options<calculation. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip...

16-bit Migration
Hi, Im tasked with converting a 16-bit MFC app to 32-bit. Ive used the MFC migration kit as a starter, however this has proved to be pretty useless :-) Bearing in mind Ive not used MFC before in any shape or form, im struggling with a file called CChildDlg.cpp. The header appears to be a stock Microsoft header, but I cant decide if the CPP has been custom written. It loads a dialog resource, then parses it and creates the window and all the controls. But its parsing by ripping raw bytes out of the resource via an incremented BYTE* and not by using DLGITEMTEMPLATE* etc. Since it seems a comm...

Problem with datasheet & 64-bit installations
Once you have installed a 64-bit installation of Office, SharePoint datasheet views can't be used any longer. It's related to the ActiveX component only being compatible for 32-bit systems and not for 64-bit installations. Please refer to http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sharepoint2010general/thread/9eb920ba-1a02-4f0c-ae08-6e808e0269c4/?prof=required for a complete thread, I wanted to share this here because you Office guys might have some more detail on this (we hope). Should be fixed on short notice if you ask me, it's blocking me from rolling out...

Problem with "Edit in Microsoft Office Project"
We have SharePoint 2007 implemented, and I am using MSO Project 2007. I have a document library in which I store a number of project documents, including the schedule. When I go to this document library and select "Edit in Microsoft Office Project", the file opens, but it always opens in Read Only mode. The only way I can open the file and have it editable is to check it out first, then select "Edit in Microsoft Office Project". And no, the document library is not configured to require check out. Any idea why this is? ...

Problem with List Control Box
I have a list control with 3 columns. For some reason when I try to insert an entry into the list control, sometimes, only the item's first value gets added, but the values for the 2nd and 3rd column are not there. If i continue to add the same entry consistently, eventually the entry will be added correctly with all three values. Why is that? For example: sometimes I will add (a,b,c) into my List control box, but only (a) gets shown. But if i keep inserting an item, eventually the entry (a,b,c) will be added... >I have a list control with 3 columns. For some reason when I try ...

Outlook 2003 rules problem on SBS 2003 server
About a month ago I lost the ability to create any new rules from client PCs running Outlook 2003, where a name from the global address list is being used. All the existing rules with GAL addresses work fine, and I am not getting any error messages, they simply do not work. All the computers are up to date, including the server. All the rules are of this variety: When message arrives from XYZ, file in folder ABC. Where the person who is XYZ is in the global address list. I am running the IMF filter. I did find the foillowing article which outlines my probem, however the solution does no...

Problem in Drawing Text with different Fonts & Charset
Dear all, I'm working in a program which will draw some string with both chinese and English character in the Window. I try to use CreateFont() to create a HFONT with Fonts "Arial" and CharSet "CHINESEBIG5_CHARSET" and then select the HFONT to the current DC. However the text drawing out isn't in Font "Arial" (It seems to be "Times New Roman" instead). After that, I try to use other available fonts on my platform, but the same outpur again. No matter what font I'm using, it give the same output!!! Does anyone know Why and how to fix it? ...

Import / DL problems
When I download my bank transactions, Money doesn't seem to grab it anymore. I used to see the pop up box that tells me I've received a file, and prompts me to place it in a certain acct. but now it just downloads it, and it doesn't import the transactions.(to any of my accounts). And it's not saving it anywhere on disk either, I did a search for any ofx file and returned nothing. What might it be? By the way, I've recently archived and removed all transactions from 2002 and 2003 from my working money file. Might this have caused some minor setting changes? Plz help?...

Excel formula problem SUMPRODUCT
Hi Guys, I have a problem with a formula adding up rows against 2 parameters. I am trying to add up rows on a report that 1) show that the actio against it is "open" and its target completion date is overdue. I have tried the following formula but it will not work. =SUMPRODUCT(--(H5:H47="OPEN")*(G5:G47="<TODAY())) This formula works if I substitute the date part with another tex parameter but will have nothing to do with dates even if I put in specific date that I know matches one from the column, I still get 0 Any ideas. Thanks in advance And -- Message ...

Item 'Last Ordered' Field updates inappropriately
The 'Last Ordered' field updates when I transfer inventory out. This is not good. If I want to know the last time I bought an item, the date of the most recent transfer does not help - especially if it was an inter-store transfer out. Ideally, separate fields for 'Last Transferred In' and Last Transferred Out' could be added as separate fields. This would reserve the 'Last Ordered' field for the last time the item was actually ordered from a supplier. Alternately, and better thant the present system, the field could simply update with purchase orders ONLY...

Problem importing data from text file
Hi, I have a comma delimited file that has twenty column names followed by six rows of data. I am trying to import this into Excel. When I do this, the data imports entirely into row one. It does import into difference cells but there is one row with 120 cells of data. I was expecting it two "Wrap" and start importing the data into cell A2. Can anyone help with this? How do I show the break between column headers and data? Thanks, Chuck ...

Refresh problem for the size grip with Windows XP style #2
Hi, I have a dialog application with a scrollbar size grip. On Windows XP with the visual style, there is a refresh problem for the size grip region when I move the application out of the screen; only if I go to the bottom of the screen. It's OK if I go out by the right side. Without the XP style, everything is OK. I have noticed the same behavior with Notepad. Do you know how could I solve this problem? Any ideas will be appreciated, Thanks It's a known problem in XP (non-client area is erased incorrectly between scrollbars). Will it ever get fixed? I would not bet on it. &qu...

showing last memo entry in report
Hello, I have a db that tracks projects and their details. I have a memo field entitled 'Notes' which is used to enter project data. This field can be quite large as notes can be added on various dates. To keep track of the dates that a particular note was added I simply put in the after update field on the form the following code to add in the date that a note was added: Me.Notes = Me.Notes & " -* " & Format(Date, "dd-mmm-yy") & "*" & vbCrLf I currently have a report that I run for the project details and what I would like is not to ...

Pasting problems
I am using excel to link with another application (from which I am taking some data). The time to get this data can vary. If it finds the data in the time I have allowed for it, it will paste this perfectly into excel. If it does not find the data in time, I assume that it is trying to paste something which is not there. I get a runtime 1004 error Paste method of worksheet class failed. Is there anyway around this. Can I write a loop procedure to only try to paste once there is something in the clipboard. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks Chip Pearson has some nice notes at:...

TIME CRITICAL PROBLEM.
Hi Sorry about the length of this request but I feel it may be necessary to try to show what I would like to happen. I have a workbook with 6 worksheets. The sheets are called Nov 01, Feb 02, May 02, Aug 02, Nov 02 and Jan 03. Each sheet contains ID, name, address and loan details for individual clients. Some clients have loans on all month sheets and some may only have loans for a particular month sheet. What I need to happen is to conslidate all the loans onto one sheet but only show the clients name and address details once with all loans being in individual columns. Below are...

Intermitent file problem?
Running Outlook 2003 and from time to time the frame with the Inbox list of emails and viewing pane will be blank with an error message stating the system is busy and that perhaps something else has it tied up. How can I debug and fix? ...

Formula to pull last name error (Excel 07)
In A1 I have Joe Smith, I would like Smith to be in B1. I tried using the function =RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-FIND(“*”,SUBSTITUTE(A1,” “,”*”,LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,” “,””))))) but am getting the #NAME? error. FYI: I can't use the Text to Columns function because I have some names that have at least 2 middle names... Thanks -B Maybe something like that... [Start typing the formula(s) in column C first] http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/346/nonamer.png Micky "Outlook, eh?" wrote: > In A1 I have Joe Smith, I would like Smith to be in B1. > > I t...

evaluating exchange 2007 mailbox problems
Currently evaluating exchange 2007 i have a exchange 2003 server, and im currently evaluating 2007 Ive set it all up and moved a mailbox succesfully, this mailbox is sending/receiving on the 2007 server, however the two servers dont talk to each other ? eg i cant mail to the 2007 machine from the 2003 machine ? - is this to do with the transport hub ? external mail doesnt work either - the 2007 server doesnt pick up the mail, also doesn't pick up mail sent from the 2003 domain ? Im sure ive missed something daft! cheers mark Yes. When you install an Exchange Server 2007 server ...

printing problem #6
Why is it that whenever I print, inserted pictures are coming out double when in the preview it is not? Pictures print multiple times in a Publisher 2003 publication http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;888185 -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Ramon" <Ramon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2C533543-EE36-4310-BC2F-61E28B1811E2@microsoft.com... > Why is it that whenever I print, inserted pictures are coming out double when > in the preview it is not? ...

COleDateTime::GetCurrentTime() problem #2
Hello, I have ported a VS.NET 2003/MFC7 application to VS 2005/MFC8 and encountered a problem with COleDateTime::GetCurrentTime() which worked fine with MFC7. Sometimes I get an invalid COleDateTime object from GetCurrentTime() (m_status equals COleDateTime::invalid). I tracked the problem down to AtlConvertSystemTimeToVariantTime() which is called during conversion from SYSTEMTIME to double time representation. AtlConvertSystemTimeToVariantTime() calls SystemTimeToVariantTime() to convert from SYSTEMTIME to double. VariantTimeToSystemTime is used then to convert the result back to SY...