ADR stock prices

All of a sudden all my stocks that are ADRs and have 5 letter stock
symbols ending in the letter "Y" have stopped updating. The last stock
price downloaded is for 3/7.

Is that happening to anyone else? If so, why?
0
don8810 (14)
3/14/2008 12:00:43 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Donald S. Goldman wrote:
> All of a sudden all my stocks that are ADRs and have 5 letter stock
> symbols ending in the letter "Y" have stopped updating. The last stock
> price downloaded is for 3/7.
>
> Is that happening to anyone else? If so, why?
On 3/14/08, pricing resumed. But there were no prices download from 3/10
to 3/13 for ADR shares with 5 letter stock symbols ending in the letter "Y."

Did that happen to anyone else?
0
don8810 (14)
3/15/2008 7:05:51 PM
"Donald S. Goldman" <don@mytrashmail.com> wrote in

> Donald S. Goldman wrote:
>> All of a sudden all my stocks that are ADRs and have 5 letter stock
>> symbols ending in the letter "Y" have stopped updating. The last
>> stock price downloaded is for 3/7.
>>
>> Is that happening to anyone else? If so, why?
> On 3/14/08, pricing resumed. But there were no prices download from
> 3/10 to 3/13 for ADR shares with 5 letter stock symbols ending in the
> letter "Y."
>
> Did that happen to anyone else?

I seem to remember that the NASDAQ has an annoucement about fifth-letter
designations changing (the Y in the ADR symbols is called, obviously in
hindsight, the fifth letter), but I can't find it now.  The other fifth-
letters mean other things (like Q="company is in bankruptcy").

If you search Google for "NASDAQ fifth letter" you'll find a bunch of
stuff, but not all of it seems to be helpful to your question.

I think the fifth letter was supposed to change in the data feeds, but I'm
sorry that I can't remember more than that now.  If it was wacky for a few
days and got fixed, then you can blame some internal changeover.

David Walker
0
none89 (807)

unlimited stock
Hi! Is there a way to make a value in a field "unlimited" or does not empty. I'm using a running balance in my inventory and there is a certain product which i want to become "unlimited". Is this possible? Thanks in advance! -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com "rigormortiz via AccessMonster.com" <u33803@uwe> wrote in message news:732308c5bb163@uwe... > Hi! > > Is there a way to make a value in a field "unlimited" or does not empty. > I'm using a running balance in my inventory and there is a certai...

New router, cannot log into Net Passport nor update stocks
In the last few weeks, I've installed a new router on my network (1 desktop 2 laptops). All other network and internet functions are okay but MS Money 2005 will not let me log into Net Passport, (ID and or password cannot be verified). I contacted D link regarding this and they indicated that a "port" may need to be opened. Once I log into my money file offline, it will not update stock and mutual fund prices. I have used Money for years. Does anyone have suggestions? Thanks in advance. ...

Changing Item Prices
Hey Guys, If you use the "Inventory Wizard" to Change item prices, say for a Given Department for 10% off.....how do you cancel this if you find you wish to stop the sale early due to it being toooo popular? Well, run the wizard again to adjust the prices back up. Or have I over simplified your question? Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the information. Michael Thomas wrote: >...

How to update pricing in a master worksheet from individual vendor worksheets?
I want to be able to update pricing in a master worksheet from another worksheet. Ie: Master pricelist contains part numbers and pricing from HP, Microsoft, IBM, etc (not necessarily in any order but all part numbers are in the same column. This column also contains blank cells.). After copying the latest downloaded pricelist from HP and other suppliers to separate worksheets in the Master pricelist, I want to be able to have Excel automatically update pricing from each of these worksheets based on the part numbers in the Master worksheet part number column. I'd also like to be a...

Calculate and round retail priceing
I have an Excel spread sheet with my cost on it, and I would like to mark this up and round the price to the next higher $xx9.99. The retail values in the price list range from $10 to over $1000. The basic formula that I use to calculate retail price is /.6. For example if the product costs $160, I would calculate that to $266.66 with the basic formula. I would like Excel to kick out a price of $269.99. I have tried several different ways to get this output. The best way I have found to get close is doing a custom cell format of _($* #,##0.99_);_($* (#,##0.99);_($* "-"??_);...

Avery stock for Business Cards
I use Avery 5160 to make mailing labels using Pub 2007 > label template. This works great. I have Avery 8371 stock for Business Cards but I can't find a suitable template. Suggestions? -- SOB711 Explain "suitable template". -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "SOB711" <SOB711@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BA1B11A7-654B-4110-AFA1-91CCB84CE7C0@microsoft.com... >I use Avery 5160 to make mailing labels using Pub 2007 > label template. > Thi...

Stock Sale Entry Denied
M2004 won't let me sell a stock that's been in my portfolio for a long time. First, the transaction download from the broker treated the sale as if the stock was a new company. Then if I try to manually to enter the sale, I get a dialog box that says "This Transaction Cannot be Entered." This stock has regularly paid dividends that were entered without a hitch. My only attempt at solving the problem has been to delete the original buy and try to reenter. No go. Thanks for any assistance. In microsoft.public.money, L Cramer wrote: >M2004 won't let me sell...

look up table to caclulate pricing
We are trying to figure out how to use lookup tables to do a calculation on pricing versus using lots of IF statements. There are two components to calculating the cost of an item We will have a spread sheet that has one sheet with the following labels A B C 1 Number of User Product Price 2 Number of users is a field that will be input by the user Product should come from a drop down menu (based on the selection a different price look up table should be used) Price is a calculation based on the number of users There will be two look up tables Prod...

HISTORICAL STOCK STATUS REPORT
HI ALL, IN THE INVENTORY MODULE FOR ALL ITEM TYPES WE SET VALUATION METHOD AS FIFO PERPETUAL. SO WHEN I TAKING HISTORICAL STOCK STATUS REPORT UNDER THE COST FOR PERIODIC/AVERAGE COST ITEMS RECEIPT TRANSACTIONS ISSUE TRANSACTIONS WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING I HAVE TO SELECT HISTORICAL COST OR STANDARD/AVERAGE COST. PLEASE ADVICE ME. THANKS SHARAT MITTAKOLA ...

Price Levels A and B
Hi, Can someone out there write a script or something to automatically update every item in our database to fill in Price Level A using the formula (Cost) * 1.18 = (Price Level A)? and (Cost) * 1.25 = (Price Level B) Thanks, George hi, The said tasks can be accomplished using the store procedure and trigger. I have below the code for trigger however it is only for advanced users not begginer or intermediate. The same way you can make the store procedure, put as job and schedule it to run for every one hour. remember the resources and overhead for all this. CREATE TRIGGER updPrice...

Collating stock market data
Dear Friends I have 1 blank excel file and around 200+ text files in the folder c: \stock. Here is a sample data in each text file. Name of the file PARAMOUNT.TXT PARAMOUNT.NS,20100226,09:01:00,521.00,521.40,517.20,519.00,1677 PARAMOUNT.NS,20100226,09:02:00,520.00,520.90,520.00,520.00,1872 PARAMOUNT.NS,20100226,09:03:00,519.25,519.95,518.00,518.70,1783 PARAMOUNT.NS,20100226,09:04:00,518.00,518.00,516.05,517.50,859 PARAMOUNT.NS,20100226,09:05:00,517.50,518.00,516.70,516.70,1466 PARAMOUNT.NS,20100226,09:06:00,517.80,519.00,517.00,519.00,1191 Is it possible to write a macro tha...

stock count entry #3
My company currently is using Dynamics GP v8. We are in the midst of Inventory (5th year using Dynamics) and every year I wish the same thing. "Just" found this discussion group. Suggestion: We have over 7,000 items that we are entering. We enter the count using Site ID/Bin/Item Number which is faster than doing it by Item/Site ID/Bin. However, when I need to correct just a couple of parts (as corrections come in), it would be WONDERFUL if a CTRL+F would work to FIND just that item rather than have to search alphabetically or by knowing the SITE ID. Any chance of that ha...

Limit number of Items you can buy at the sale price
How do I fix an item to be on Sale so that the first 3 items ring up at the Sale Price, and the rest of the items ring up at the Regular Price? In other words I am putting an item on sale with a Limit of only 3 items at the Sale Price, If a customer wants to purchase additional product, They will be charged the regular price. I have tried the buydown price with a quantity of 3 entered, but it doesn't seem to work. As you notice, I have already tried the Buydown Price and Buydown Quantity on the pricing screen. I have restarted the POS terminal, and changed the Price Calculation...

automatic markup calculation dependent on price vale
I need to create a sheet that will calculate markups on based on purchase price eg if cost = a markup = 200%, if cost =b markup = 150% if cost = c markup = 135%. I have tried following but get zero for an answer on any figure entered '=IF(OR(G6<=10),H6=G6*2,IF(OR(G6>10,G<30),H6=G6*1.5,IF(OR(G6>30),H6=G6*1.35))) This should work =IF(G6<=10,G6*2,IF(OR(G6>10,G6<30),G6*1.5,G6*1.35)) entered into the cell H6 -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Veg-man" <Veg-man@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6B3...

US Version with UK Stock??
Hi all, I have the US version of MSM05, but I would like to track my UK AIM investments. Is there a way? Thanks, Ivan Should be possible. Certainly is the other way around. When adding the investment, put the symbol in, prefixing it with GB: and Money should find the details. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny or http://money.mvps.org/faq for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your product wishes see http://money.mvps.org/wishes.aspx I do not respond to any unsolicited email r...

What more advanced in allowing price adjustments at the point-of-sale?
Many customers ask about this question, "Why not disable it on default". Can anybody tell? ...

How to create a chart showing ranges of prices of different produc
Hi all, I very much appreciate your help. I am trying to create a chart such as the one in the following link: http://earthtrends.wri.org/images/ethanol_production_cost_small.jpg It shows on the Y-axis different items. On the X-axis, the price in USD 0..1...2...3...4...5...6...7...and so on. Than, for each product I need to plot its range of prices. For example, for item 1, its price ranges from 3 to 5 dollar. so it should be a horizontal line or bar extending from 3 to 5. Could you please explain to me how to do it? By the way, Any idea what these types of charts are ...

Price Level Problem!
Have a customer who has higher pricing at level a because they are delivery customers. Problem: If he makes a discount scheme for the price & price a (mix 'n' match) it doesn't discount at the pos. Anyone? -Jerry -- -Jerry JR Data Inc. Try changing your Price Calculation in SO Manager - File Configuration to Prioritize in order of Quantity Discount, Price Level, sale then buydown. "JerryData" <sales@jrdata.us> wrote in message news:9688F96E-2593-47CA-89AC-698593DC7723@microsoft.com... > Have a customer who has higher pricing at level a because they are ...

report purchase, a.stock and sold qty
Does anyone know if there is a way to do a report by Purchase qty, Available qty, Sold quantity report it’s should all tougher including the transfer in, transfer out and physical adjustment in a single shot -- regards dkmohanani dear jeff Thanks for respond, YA its need some additional columns but my item moment report not giving the quantity we purchase its showing available quantity and sold stock. not showing whats the qty we purchase and transfer out qty, transferIn qty I need some thing like this Item lookupcode, ItemDescription ,Purchase qty ,sold qty,available qty,tra...

Mail. adr.
Is it possible to get a list of all email adr. in Exchange 2003 ? Jack Sure. CSVDE or LDIFDE will both do the job. They can both export (and import) information into Active Directory. http://www.computerperformance.co.uk/Logon/CSVDE_LDIFDE.htm is a good reference on how to use these tools. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "Jack Nielsen" <nospamjackd@jackd.dk (Fjern nospam)> wrote in message news:%23RmHtP9pFHA.1336@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to get a list of all email adr. in Exchange 2003 ? > > Jack > > Sure. Use ADSI or ADUC ...

money 2003 stock screener
my stock screener settings have disappeared. when i try to download the deluxe stock screener (again) it takes me to 'screener promotion' to download the msn money investment toolbox. it then keeps telling me i need xp sp2 (i am using 98) or that i need ie sp1 (downloaded and installed long ago). it does say 'netscape choice' at the top of this page - i am assuming because i use mozilla, but not as my default browser. i find the features in microsoft money very useful, but it is things like this (microsoft forcing you to do things only with their products) that mak...

bulk updates/ price changes
Is there any software out there, compatible with RMS, that would allow us to do bulk updating of our items using an excel spreadsheet? We are looking for something fairly advanced that would enable us to do mass price changes based on supplier and item lookup codes. Also need to be flagged on new items and discontinued items. Know of anything that sounds similar? Thanks You can use text functions in Excel to generate a series of queries to do what you want to do. For example, if your columns are ILC, Supplier, Cost, Price and you want a query to update all items with a new price, you coul...

Price List vs. List Price
I am using the Price List utility to update our prices in Great Plains. However, when I look at the card "Price List" (Cards->Inventory->Price List) - the "List Price" at the bottom of the card does not update. Can anybody tell me how to update the "List Price"? I have tried to find where this is maintained - but I cannot drill down to the actual data. I have signed in as SA and have the same issue - so I'm fairly certain it isn't a security issue. Thanks. List Prices are now maintained at the Item Currency level (Cards > Inventory >...

Show prices with detail on Account Statements?
I am customizing statement.xml. I really need to show prices next to each item in the detail. Is this possible? Even with the variable AccountStatement.Activities.FullDetails, I just get the description of the item. Because this store is a pharmacy, customers want to know that they bought a prescription for $20.00 and a bottle of aspirin for $5. The transaction total of $25 is not good enough. Anyone know a way to show prices for each item within a transaction on a statement? Cheers! Steve Steve, Without looking, I would say no. That's the purpose of a receipt / invoice. A stat...

Help on displaying recession periods in a financial/ stock chart
Using excel version (10.6501.6626)sp3 How do you shade the chart background to show economic recession periods in a financial/ stock chart. I've fiddled with the drawing function-rectangle box, transparency, etc- but it isn't very satisfactory since it corrupts the column/ line colors and usually washes out when printed. So that doesn't appear to be the solution. And after checking thru Microsoft help and the discussion group messages I haven't found a message addressing my problem. Since we see charts all the time with the recession periods shown I know there is a way to acco...