Accounts used in Spending By Catagory

I have two checking accounts set up in Money Plus.  One is my family checking
and the other is one I use for business expenses.  The spending tracker uses
transactions from both accounts.  How can I set the Spending by Catagory to
only use my family checking?  Thanks for any input.
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Billster15 wrote:

>I have two checking accounts set up in Money Plus.  One is my family checking
>and the other is one I use for business expenses.  The spending tracker uses
>transactions from both accounts.  How can I set the Spending by Catagory to
>only use my family checking?  Thanks for any input.

Are you referring to the report? Click Customize->Account, and
un-tick the unwanted account. OK.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)

help balancing account
I'm misunderstanding something fundamental about balancing accounts in MS Money 2004. To get started I downloaded several ofx files from my bank and imported them. I marked all the transactions as reconciled and tried to balance the account. My statements show a starting and ending date and a beginning and ending balance. I have tried entering a statement starting date for "Statement date:" and the starting and ending balance from that statment. The result I get is: "Money has calculeated a different starting balance than the one you entered." Why is it asking me for...

Microsoft Icons for Web Use
I have several Office documents I'm linking to on my web site and I'm looking for where I can download the icons for the Office applications. Anyone? Specifically, I need an icon for MS Word and MS Excel. It was much easier to find the Acrobat icon for use. :( Thump If you have Office you already have access to the icons. Select one of the applications in the MS Office folder then Command+I for Get Info. Click the icon in the Get Info window & Command+C to copy it, Paste to wherever. NOTE: As an FYI, as with all corporate logos & trademarks there are copyright restrictio...

UPDATE using SUM
I have a stored procedure where I am trying to update a temp table in the flow of the sp. I have tried the code below but it gives me an error "Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'GROUP' and I understand the error but don't know how to get around it and still get sums. Can anyone help? Thanks. UPDATE #tempInventoryAnalysis SET [PTDSalesQty] = SUM(CASE WHEN MGB.dbo.tblArHistHeader.InvcDate BETWEEN @StartDate AND @EndDate THEN MGB.dbo.tblArHistDetail.QtyShipSell ELSE 0 END), [YTDSalesQty] = SUM(MGB.dbo.tblArHistDetail.Qt...

IV reset tool offset accounts
would it be best to create two new IV offset accounts to be used for steps 4 and 5 in the IV Reset Tool process or just 1 new IV offset account is enough? what is recommended? thanks! Rheiner One account will be enough to be used in all the tool's steps, this account should have its value returned to zero after finalizing your reset process. Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85 Great Package For Business Solutions daoudm@greatpbs.com http://www.greatpbs.com http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/ "Rheiner" wro...

I can not set an msn account
Hi. I could set a free hotmail account using outlook. I receintly bought an extra storage account using msn. Now I have problems trying to set the msn account using outlook, in spite I could set the hotmail account without problem. I can read and send mail using the browser. Can somebody help me to set the msn account using outlook? I am receiving the error message: Configuration: Account: MSN Server: http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp User name: username@msn.com Protocol: HTTPMail Port: 0 Secure(SSL): 0 Code: 800ccc19 ...

Use cell value as cell address
Hello everyone. I have a worksheet "Main" of 39,000 rows in which column B contains a number between 1 and 7,500. Column C is an empty column I have added. The second sheet, "Names" in the book contains a single column - A - of 7,500 names. I want to get the value from the second sheet that matches the number column of the first sheet. In other words, if "Main" cell B3 contains 3780, I want to put the value from "Names" cell A3780 into "Main" C3. How do I do this please? Richard --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi tr...

Can't access hotmail using Outlook Connector for MSN
I can't seem to download anything from my hotmail account into Outlook after setting up a link with Outlook Connector for MSN. Anyone have any ideas? ...

Interest balance on an account...
Say I have a loan of $10,000 at 7.9% AER. Interest is charged daily and compounded, which I can find out by using =(NOMINAL(7.9%,365)/365) which gives me 0.02083% for the daily interest rate. How can I write a formula that will automatically display the account balance (principal plus interest) on any given day in the past or future, or the present date of the system? Marcus ...

Use Money 2002 Files in Money 2008
HI, How can I convert or use my Money 2002 files in Money 2008 Trial. Thanks. -- Smith Assuming that M2002 and M2008 are both from the same geography you just install M2008, navigate to the .mny file and double click on the file name. If M2002 is non-US version, the quick answer is "you don't". :-( -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For unofficial FAQs see http://money.mvps.org/ or http://umpmfaq.info/ I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "Smith" <Smith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6962F8A...

MAPI Failure message using 2007 word
-- JOHN HASKINS I keep getting this error message when I try to send a document from Word 2007 to my Outlook Email Client, which is my default email setup. I followed the recommended steps that help feature suggested, but that did not work by saving the document then closing and also closing Outlook, which was when word would restart it would start a new MAPI Session. No Go! What much I do. All other applications and software allow me to send to my email client except Office. ...

Creating an AD account don't make the mailbox in exch2K3
Hi, I don't understand what's happening. When I create a new account in AD, it no longer creates the mailboxes in exchange 2003. It was working a week ago... It asks me if I also want to create a mailbox, I answer YES and ... no mailbox. Please help me, I must create this mailbox quickly since a new employee arrived and my boss doesn't understand why the mail is not set yet. I believe that the mailbox is actually created only after the first message is sent to it or there is a first logon. So if you are looking for it and you do not see it, this may be the cause. Frank &qu...

Make your site eazy to use.
A year or two ago I use to be able to get on CustomerSource very eazily and get information and articles I needed. Now it took me 15 minutes just to sign on. Then I could not find an article about opening a new year or closing 2005. How simple should something that basic be? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreade...

To auto-fill using names no longer in address
Is there a way to remove the names for the auto fill feature that are no longer in the address book or contact list? If they are selected the properties for the entry states name is no longer valid Address Book entry. Thanks. State your Outlook version and what you mean by "autofill." Outlook has two different functions this could be: autoresolution or autocompletion. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Ernie C" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:04e601c4913a$f07a15c0$7d02280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to remove the names for the au...

Use this internet package
--izytvhgodf Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="zqzdzynieuqqee"; type="multipart/alternative" --zqzdzynieuqqee Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="fezlepmdc" --fezlepmdc Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to maintain the security of your computer from these vulnerab...

create a report using vba to select the names for the report
Hi, I need to create a report of selected Customers, I have gone as far as creating a string with customer names in it. Whats next? sample = Selected_Customer_Names= [ABC], [test], [New], [A New One] ...... and so on. Is this correct for the report and/or how do i open the report with the above only listed? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 03:47:34 GMT, "trevorC via AccessMonster.com" <u44860@uwe> wrote: >Hi, >I need to create a report of selected Customers, I have gone as far as >creating a string with ...

Using Contact's Categories to set message categories
Is there any way to have a rule that sets an incoming message category to the categor(ies) that the sender of the message is assign to in my contacts list? In other words, I have 'George Washington' in my contacts list. George has a category of 'prez' assigned to him. When I get a message from George, I'd like that message to be assigned the category of 'prez' as well. I know I can manually setup a rule to do this for specific contacts, but it would be so much more useful to manage the rule's behavior by setting categories in the contact list. No. Here&...

can't access all of my back up after using Osirius program
Hi, I have Windows XP with Outlook 2003. I have backed up my massive amount of emails (400MB) using Outlook Backup from Osirius. Having used this program for smaller amounts of emails with no problems before I then placed the backup onto a disc and formatted the drive. After loading XP and Outlook back on I then tried to restore my backup using the same program. But it runs through the restore procedure without any problems and when I open Outlook up again most of the emails are not there. Outlook Backup has restored my deleted items and my sent items and also all of my accounts as th...

Using IF for conditional formatting?
Need help with displaying blank cells when formulas are inside. The formulas would display a value if the contents of a source cell is filled in. I'm attempting to use in the formula cells(like B2): IF(A2="","",A2*5) If A2 is null, then display blank in B2, else calculate A2 * 5. Is this the best approach to keeping formula cells clear until data is entered? Thanks!!!! Yes -- For everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup. Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Barb" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:fd0201c4...

Error
I have two investment accounts. Both have the same stock. When I enter the symbol in the second account, I get an Error Message "Symbol in Use." Anyone know why this occurs and how two investment accounts can hold the same stock. When asked for the symbol, don't type it in but use the drop down menu. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Suggestions mnyukwsh@microsoft.com "Scott" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:06d701c39540$e8...

Detailed Time Sheet (overtime, comp time, vacation used)
I need to track in time, out time, in time, out time, overtime, vacation totals (received/used), comp received, comp used, and so. I would recommend to write all the headers on row 1, and start entering the data on row 2. Any column that is a calculation, enter a formula (for example, if column E is the difference of column D and C, enter "=D2-C2") and format the cells as you want the data to be presented (date/time, number, etc.) Hope this helps, Miguel. "Robert D. Sandersfeld" wrote: > I need to track in time, out time, in time, out time, overtime, vacation ...

Restore Accounts Memo?
With Money 2006, I have restored my backups and found that this new file does not have my carefully annotated "Memo" field. Very disappointing. So is this just the way it is, or can I change a setting to include the memo field as part of the backup? I have checked the horrible help documentation with no answers. Its hard to beleive that MS would include a backup function and not include this important user input - on the other hand MS does do odd things now and then :) Thanks, Steve In microsoft.public.money, fogdrip wrote: >With Money 2006, I have restored my backup...

multiple accounts at a single bank
Can anyone help me set up downloads for multiple accounts at a single institution? When I change account numbers, it deletes the previous account. Thanks In microsoft.public.money, MichaelG wrote: >Can anyone help me set up downloads for multiple accounts >at a single institution? When I change account numbers, >it deletes the previous account. Thanks In Help Ask Money box enter "two accounts". ...

re replicate adc user accounts
Hello all, Some time ago during a migration from exchange 5.5 to exchange 2003. Some of our users were deleted after they were replicated over using the ADC, after contacting microsoft they instructed us to gointo exchange 5.5 admin.exe /r in raw mode and modify a attribute, and then replicate adc and your users will replicate over. I cant seem to remember what these attribute changes were could sombody point me in the right direction. The following KB describes the fix for your issue. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;256862 Stephen Shanks "Brian B" &...

Using XmlRootAttribute for deserialization
I've seen this come up before, but in my case, things are a little more complex, and I'm having a tough time figuring out how to set an element name that works. I have a configuration file that is my serialized object (I'm using a customer deserializer to add some more XAML-like capabilities): <AppConfigObject> <RuntimeType:Kernel xmlns:RuntimeType="MyNamespace.DefaultKernel, Kernel"/> </AppConfigObject> public class AppConfigObject { [XmlElement] public Kernel {...} } Problem I have is deserializing the child node <Kernel> because it al...

How do I use text in a cell as a range name in a formula
If cell A1 had the text TEST in it and TEST is the name I have given to a group of cells using the name box what formula can I use to give me the sum of TEST, thats is the sum of the cells in the group called TEST. I understand that I can simply have =SUM(TEST), but I want the formula to refer to Cell A1 to get the name ie =SUM(A1) doesn't work obviously Any help appreciated Thank you In this case, you want to use the INDIRECT function. E.g., =SUM(INDIRECT(A1)) -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Kiwi" &...