Account register sorting problem

Hi.  I searched this group via Google Groups and did not find an answer to
my question.  In Microsoft Money 2004 Small Business, I set my checking
account register to "Sort by date" and "Sort Decreasing".  That part works;
however, the bottom (oldest) transaction is automatically selected.  I hit
Ctrl+Home to select the top transaction.  That is fine as long as my Money
session is ongoing.  When I exit Money and return to the very same register,
Money takes me to the bottom transaction again.

It annoys me to have to Ctrl-Home in every account register each time I
launch Money!  I have used this type of sorting in Outlook for years, and it
does the logical selection of the newest (top) item.  Can I make Money do
it?

Thanks,
Lee

0
nospam9607 (138)
8/12/2004 5:13:54 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

I guess I'm not surprised you didn't find this in google groups, but thanks
for looking.

No.

"Lee C." <noSpam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi.  I searched this group via Google Groups and did not find an answer to
> my question.  In Microsoft Money 2004 Small Business, I set my checking
> account register to "Sort by date" and "Sort Decreasing".  That part
works;
> however, the bottom (oldest) transaction is automatically selected.  I hit
> Ctrl+Home to select the top transaction.  That is fine as long as my Money
> session is ongoing.  When I exit Money and return to the very same
register,
> Money takes me to the bottom transaction again.
>
> It annoys me to have to Ctrl-Home in every account register each time I
> launch Money!  I have used this type of sorting in Outlook for years, and
it
> does the logical selection of the newest (top) item.  Can I make Money do
> it?

Thanks, Dick.  I am equally amazed at the thing that MS Money can, and
cannot do!  I am also a software developer by trade, so, of course, I wish
Money had a VBA component so I could fix the things that MS has not/will
not.  I know I got a lot of software for the price; but, I want more.

, Lee

message news:u89P1qGgEHA.632@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> I guess I'm not surprised you didn't find this in google groups, but
thanks
> for looking.
>
> No.
>
> "Lee C." <noSpam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi.  I searched this group via Google Groups and did not find an answer
> > my question.  In Microsoft Money 2004 Small Business, I set my checking
> > account register to "Sort by date" and "Sort Decreasing".  That part
> works;
> > however, the bottom (oldest) transaction is automatically selected.  I
hit
> > Ctrl+Home to select the top transaction.  That is fine as long as my
Money
> > session is ongoing.  When I exit Money and return to the very same
> register,
> > Money takes me to the bottom transaction again.
> >
> > It annoys me to have to Ctrl-Home in every account register each time I
> > launch Money!  I have used this type of sorting in Outlook for years,
and
> it
> > does the logical selection of the newest (top) item.  Can I make Money
do
> > it?

0
nospam9607 (138)

Problems with OALGen after Raid Upgrade
Hello, We have recently upgraded the raid array on our windows 2003 SBS server, and we've been stomping out bugs since. I've almost got them all fixed except for a few that deal with exchange offline address book. Here are the errors from the logs Event ID: 9126 OALGen encountered error 80004005 while calculating the offline address list for address list '\Global Address List'. This offline address list will not be available for client download. - /o=AALBERSTOOL/cn=addrlists/cn=oabs/cn=Default Offline Address List For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/cont...

date problem #10
Thanks a lot, Dave This piece of code works great. M P Redd -- mpredd ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mpreddy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1327 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26358 ...

Entering amounts in the register
I used Money several years ago as my personal finance software. Back then, when entering transaction amounts, I didn't have to manually enter the decimal. The software entered it for me. There was a setting option that allowed me to select whether or not I wanted to manually enter it or not. I have noticed that with the current version, this option is not there, and I want to know if I have to manually enter the decimal when typing in transaction amounts. "Jefferson Lee" <JeffersonLee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7955C431-94B9-47B9-AADF-E63C3...

Problem changing parent Business unit
WE have re-arranged some business units into a more appropriate hierarchy, however, we have noticed that a user in a role with deep privileges (own business unit and children I think) to read users can only see users in his own business unit and only one of the child business units (there are 2 child business units). We cannot enable him to see all the users in both child business units. We tried reassigning the parent business unit to the one child that is not appearing, but it doesn't seem to make any difference. WE also tried adjusting the privileges up and down (i.e. Global and local...

Unicode Sorting of Greek Words (Gentium Font)
Hi. I am using MS Excel 2007. Two columns contain unicode (Greek) text in Gentium font. I need to sort these columns. How can this sorting be done in Greek alphabetical order? Thanks. ...

How to Exclude Account from Budget when Option Check Box is Inactive?
I want to exclude the income in my retirement accounts from being included in the budget planning and being shown as income in monthly reports. In the account details, the option is "checked" to include in budget planner but the lined is grayed out and in-active and thus I can't uncheck it. How to uncheck? ...

Problem w/ Outlook
I'm running Office XP and all of a sudden I can't move messages to other folders not delete messages from my Inbox. It doesn't give me a specific error code, just suggests that I restart Outlook. I've tried that with no success. I went to ControlPanel and repaired my Office installation. Any ideas? Eudora is looking beter all the time. ...

create new users STRANGE problem
Hi, I'm developing a web application (using standard asp and not asp.net) to let certain remote users administer exchange 2003. I have installed win2003 standard edition, exchange 2003 enterprise edition,owa and my web application on the same server. My web app, let users to create mailboxes, delete mailboxes, change user password. All works fine, but for example, if I reboot the server, a web application user can create 50 mailboxes. But when any of these users log on to owa, something goes wrong and the admin user cannot mailbox enable other user accounts through the web app, even if he ...

Downloads checking account information into my Money 2006 Savings
I purchased and installed Money 2006 today. I have a problem. Everytime I import from my internet checking. It puts it into my Money savings account. Any way I can redirect the imported information into my checking file?-- Grasshopper In microsoft.public.money, New Money 2006 user wrote: >I purchased and installed Money 2006 today. I have a problem. Everytime I >import from my internet checking. It puts it into my Money savings account. >Any way I can redirect the imported information into my checking file? Is the problem you have the one described in http://support.microsoft....

Problems with Outlook 2003
This only happens with externally sent messages. Internal messages work fine. One of my users alerted me to this issue, so I tested this myself. I created 2 messages (internal and external) and added delayed delivery to both. They were both set to go out at the same time. The internal message went, and the external message is still in the outbox. The user who alerted me to this found her message went "before" the scheduled time.We are not running in cached mode and of course running Outlook on Exchange. Is this a bug? ...

Non Inventory Item Posting Account
where to set the default post account (debit) for receiving of non-inventory item, with and without purchase order? I tried to use Posting Accounts>Sales>Non Invenotised Item but it does not seems to pick up. Dear HFLo: You need to set the posting accounts in the Purchasing series for receiving transactions. However, there is no 'Non-Inventory' posting account setting in Purchasing as there is in Sales, so the account you want the non-inventoried item charged to really needs to be selected when you are setting up the Purchase Order. When you enter the item in the PO Line ...

memory problem of Excel 2003 copy & paste
Hi all, I am using Excel 2003 for some project. I am having 2GB C drive harddisk space. After a while, the Excel begins to be extremely slow in copy and paste... It takes about half an hour to copy and paste just a few cells... I've consulted people. It seems a memory problem. But I cannot close my windows and kill the processes, because I am running long-running (overnight) jobs... I cannot reboot either. Is there a way to clean the memory and let Excel 2003 clipboard function properly without rebooting or killing my 4 long-running processes? Thanks! p.s. I am sure this is an is...

ProbleM: when I restore a mailbox using Exmerge with a pst file, nothing is transferred.
Hi, I am practising Exmerge for a big remote site migration in a couple of weeks. One thing I dont understand is that I can backup one test mailbox fine using Exmerge (I know this works, as I have opened the mailbox pst file within outlook and everything is there), but when I perform the restore using the pst file, nothing happens. There is no error messages, and Emerge goes through the motions (though it finishes supsiciously quick), but when I open the mailbox, no emails have been restored. Although it is great that Exmerge is working for the backup part of the stage, I am disappointed it i...

Help With Sorting #3
Gudday to all XL gurus. I need some help on using the SORT function. I have a list of 100 competitors in a scoring spreadsheet that I hav written. I was trying to sort by surname (a-z). The problem is that this list i generated elsewhere and contains VLOOKUP functions. Obviously if i hav less than 100 competitors I end up with some cells appear blank bu contain VLOOKUP functions. XL sorts them first and I want them sorte last after the surnames (a-z). I cant add a helper column as this lis relates to over 48,000 forumulaes and functions that are already added If I add a helper column I have...

Windows XP Shared PC
We are using Outlook 2000. The PC, which already had Microsoft Office 2000 loaded on it, was upgraded from Win 98 to Win XP. I then created Windows XP logons for all four people that will be sharing this PC. When I did, the Outlook shortcut automatically ended up on the desktop of each person when they individually logged in. When I clicked the shortcut the first time I went in to each person's desktop, I setup the mail account for JUST THAT PERSON. And when I go back and log into each person's desktop it still shows ONLY THEIR ACCOUNT. However, whatever mail they receive ALS...

Public Folder/OWA problem
We're running a pure Ex2k3 environment. I'm trying to setup a public folder where end-user software can be posted. This way, users can access our front-end OWA server outside of the network, open public folders, and then save the software to their local PC. The problem is that i get a "403 Forbidden" error whenever i try to download the file off of OWA. I checked that users had all permissions to the folder.. I found this TechNet article that describes something very similar (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/834743/en-us). The only problem is that it refers to som...

Shared workbook and VBA problem
Shared workbook and VBA problem Hi Group, I am new at this Excel stuff and I am hitting my head on a silly problem that I am sure many have seen before. I wrote a very simple spreadsheet where I use the Calendar control to pick some dates. Everything was fine until I decided that I needed to share it on the network with other users. As soon as I share it the calendar control stops working. I get a "runtime error 1004, unable to set left property of oleobject class". That's because the first thing I try to do is position the calendar. If I don't do that, it still doesn't...

outlook express 6 password problem
Help I have outlook express 6, windows xp. My internet provider just changed from att broadband to comcast. now i keep getting a password rejected error and i cant receive any mail. i cant seem to find a way to shut off the password. in my wifes page of xp it works ok. Hi, Bill - This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these n...

Problems Recieving Emails
I have two accounts one for me and one for the better half. I have them set up on outlook correctly . The problem is I can only down load the wife's email using out look express. I also use Mail Washer to wash the crud out and it does not see the email either although it logs on to the accounts. Cox is my ISP. I have discussed it with them and the answer was to take it up with Microsoft, but that was a waste of time as they have not found any cause for the action. Any ideas of the problem would be kindly accepted. 1. Version of Outlook? 2. Separate mail profiles? 3. Separate Windows L...

Hebrew Oulook problem solved
Removing the com add-in Outlook Attachment remover solved the problem. ...

Crystal Reports problem 07-11-05
Hi, Client was seeing the usual logon problem when trying to access reports. Tried re-starting all services and this error disappeared but now isn't showing any reports at all. Checked all the files and databases and can't see where the problem is - any suggestions please. By the way this is post install - no one has yet been prompted to install the activex viewer. Hello Pete, This could be Active Directory related. Could you check you added the Microsoft CRM server and the SQLServer computer to the Pre-Winodws 2000 Compatible Access group? This solved a number of problems at ...

Date Problem #2
Hi All Please can someone advise me what to do, I have a date in a textbox where I am using the AddDate method to increment the day , but I am getting strange results. Is this because the US date? if so how do I change this to work for the UK date? Any help would be greatly appreciated regards Subs Hiya- i'm not sure what formula you're using- I put a random date in A1 and pasted the following formula in B1 & C1: =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1),DAY(A1)+1) it increased the day by 1 in both cells. I then changed the format to UK and it worked just fine. Is this what you're l...

clip art preview problem
I just downloaded the new microsoft security pack and now my Clip Art function on all of my office programs will not display a preview from the Online Clip Art search program. I know it searches because lots of boxes come up and some of them will insert and show up in my document if I double click them. but I can't spend all of my time inserting them into my document to see if they are the ones I want. A few times the Office Assistant has said that a picture is not available because I do not have the right graphic converter and to press help for more info - that just takes me in ...

Paying Bills
Hello, I have two accounts that go to the same payment service for payment. I can only create one bill for the first account # I do not see how to add a second bill for my second account # Is there a way around this? Thanks Frank Money 2004 Yes. Use different payees like MasterCard {hers} and MasterCard {his}. The braces ant their contents make this work and suppress the contents when, say, printing a check. "Frank" <farocco@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Oln2RCfQEHA.620@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I have two accounts that go to the same payment service for paymen...

different budget ID for single account
when calculating the budget for an expense account lets say 111-222-333, is there any way to tell which budget id to use or if both buget id are using for calculating the budget amount. the expense account exists in both budget id. ...