Account Numbers Displayed in Account Settings

Not sure how but one of my credit card accounts shows up with only the last 4
digits exposed, in Account Settings. I'm am able to download into this
account. How do I hide my other account numbers the same way without loosing
the ability to download data via the internet, into these accounts also.--
Thank you, Hilda
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Hilda Korn wrote:

>Not sure how but one of my credit card accounts shows up with only the last 4
>digits exposed, in Account Settings. I'm am able to download into this
>account. How do I hide my other account numbers the same way without loosing
>the ability to download data via the internet, into these accounts also.--
>Thank you, Hilda

As far as I can tell, in Money Plus, the accounts that are set up
for direct access are shown with Xs except for the last four
characters. The ones that are shown completely, and are not set up
for online direct access, it won't matter what you put into the
field. So you could enter your own Xs.

Now who is going to be looking at your account settings anyway? You
might want to consider putting your Money data files into an
encrypted folder if others have access to your machine.

0
Cal
11/12/2009 3:00:15 AM
Based on my experience (money Plus H&B), the account number is stored
elsewhere for online access and can actually be deleted from account settings
if you like.  When I setup new accounts, the account numbers don't always
show up in account settings, so I've deleted all of mine and everything works
great.

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, Hilda Korn wrote:
>
> >Not sure how but one of my credit card accounts shows up with only the last 4
> >digits exposed, in Account Settings. I'm am able to download into this
> >account. How do I hide my other account numbers the same way without loosing
> >the ability to download data via the internet, into these accounts also.--
> >Thank you, Hilda
>
> As far as I can tell, in Money Plus, the accounts that are set up
> for direct access are shown with Xs except for the last four
> characters. The ones that are shown completely, and are not set up
> for online direct access, it won't matter what you put into the
> field. So you could enter your own Xs.
>
> Now who is going to be looking at your account settings anyway? You
> might want to consider putting your Money data files into an
> encrypted folder if others have access to your machine.
>
> .

P.S.
Don't delete stock / fund symbols though, (I tried it) or you'll be prompted
to re-enter them.

"ameridan" wrote:

> Based on my experience (money Plus H&B), the account number is stored
> elsewhere for online access and can actually be deleted from account settings
> if you like.  When I setup new accounts, the account numbers don't always
> show up in account settings, so I've deleted all of mine and everything works
> great.
>
> "Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:
>
> > In microsoft.public.money, Hilda Korn wrote:
> >
> > >Not sure how but one of my credit card accounts shows up with only the last 4
> > >digits exposed, in Account Settings. I'm am able to download into this
> > >account. How do I hide my other account numbers the same way without loosing
> > >the ability to download data via the internet, into these accounts also.--
> > >Thank you, Hilda
> >
> > As far as I can tell, in Money Plus, the accounts that are set up
> > for direct access are shown with Xs except for the last four
> > characters. The ones that are shown completely, and are not set up
> > for online direct access, it won't matter what you put into the
> > field. So you could enter your own Xs.
> >
> > Now who is going to be looking at your account settings anyway? You
> > might want to consider putting your Money data files into an
> > encrypted folder if others have access to your machine.
> >
> > .

M05 duplicate online joint accounts
/SOAPBOX I can corroborate problems described by other users regarding joint accounts. I have a joint account at Fidelity with my wife and we both have individual accounts. The ability to download different individual's accounts from the same bank has improved because it now automatically spawns a copy of the first bank when using the same bank name with a different user ID. Unfortunately, if the two users have at least one joint account in common, the account will be downloaded twice. You have to download each user's accounts separately if you want to get both users' ind...

How do I stop a Textbox in a Userform converting numbers?
Probably a really stupid question... but how do I stop a Textbox on userform from removing the leading zero on a number? eg 01234567890 becomes 123456789 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Alan You must format the cell first as text. e.g Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Range("A6").NumberFormat = "@" Range("A6").Value = TextBox1.Text End Sub Regards Peter >-----Original Message----- >Probably a really stupid question... but how do I stop a Textbox on a >userform from removing the leading zero on a number? > >eg 01234...

incorrect email version set up in excel, word, etc
when I hit the email icon in word & excel the email area is different and it does not point to the correct address book. Any suggestions? -- llp I finally figured it out by reading some of the previous discussion questions. go to Internet explorer => internet options=>program tab=> change from express to outlook. Restart and it took care of the issue. -- llp "llp" wrote: > when I hit the email icon in word & excel the email area is different and it > does not point to the correct address book. Any suggestions? > > -- > l...

displaying embedded image in unboud form
I've a table (cust) with a OLE Object field (flag) containing (small) embedded bitmap images. These images display fine in a form bound to the table. I now want to display them in an unbound form, referencing another field in the "cust" table (like select flag from cust where language = 'EN') to show the English flag. I've tried the image control, bound and unbound objects on the unbound form. I cannot find how to configure the settings of either of those to display the embedded picture. Please do not answer with solutions with linked images. I kno...

Outlook today calendar display
Can I get more days then 7 to display -Iike to see whats coming up as far ahead as possible. Tks. I don't think so. It might be possible with custom coding but I'm not sure. <unclel@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:6j2r62hh0kd5ttn5mo3b1ac3p0p3u7l9em@4ax.com... > Can I get more days then 7 to display -Iike to see whats coming up as > far ahead as possible. You can hack the registry and see if you can add days - but too many days will be slow nad unmanageable. http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/oltoday.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Ou...

net display channel
Hi everyone, I try to set up a net display channel to show a comercial clip in another monitor. Everything is fine except the windows media players showing all the skin and border. How do I set up the net display show only a movie without border or skin around it? Thanks you very much ...

Displaying identity of sender in email -
All I see is the size of the file - Huh? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Janet" <Janet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:61262870-AE8B-4BB0-AC74-BDC1F250F397@microsoft.com... > All I see is the size of the file - Where are you looking? The message list pane in Windows Mail normally displays: From, Subject, Received. Additional information columns can be added by right-clicking on any column header. Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ------------------------------------------------------...

The field 'MyTable.MyField' cannot contain a Null value because the Required property for this field is set to true.
Hello, I have a form in my database used for entering new data into a table. Some of the fields in my table are required, others are not. If I start entering a new record, using the form, but only fill in some of the fields, and then click a button, to, for example, open another form (i.e. I have decided that I do not want to add this new record now), I will get the following error message: The field 'MyTable.MyField' cannot contain a Null value because the Required property for this field is set to true. Enter a value in this field. What I want is for the record not to be added unl...

Displaying all data when using a combo box
Okay I have a form, based on one table. My form has two combo boxes on it, one searches for an employee by building, the other by department. The results are displayed in a subform beneath the combo boxes. This seems to work fine. However until you enter a selection into each combo box no records are displayed. How can I set each combo box to work independently and/or together to get the desired results? Is there a way I could add something like an "all" field to both? I would also like the subform to display all records when the form is open until a selection is made. ...

Deleting a user account in Exchange 2003
Pretty new to Exchange 2k3, we're using 2k3 AD and I just want to make sure I'm doing this the right way... Common sense says that to delete a user account after backing up, all I have to do is delete it in the AD correct? What about the System Manager|Administratrative Groups|Servers|First Storage Group|Mailbox....do you need to delete from there too or would the first act cause a cascade effect? R Green When you delete a user account, it will "mark" the mailbox for deletion (by default). That's all you have to do. Exchange has it's own built-in Deleted Mai...

Custom number format button
I'd like to create a toolbar button linked to a custom number format so that clicking on the button would re-format the active cell or range to my custom format. Hi Ken, Alt-F11 to enter the VBE Insert | Module Paste the following code: '===========>> Public Sub aTester() Selection.NumberFormat = "#,##0_);[Red](#,##0)" End Sub '<<=========== Alt=F11 to return to Excel View | Toolbars | Customize | Select 'Commands' tab Select 'Macros' in the left-hand Categories window Drag the smiley icon ftom the commands window to your toolbar Ri...

viewing service schedule from account editor
Hello, I am using service schedules to book things like virtual labs and webinars. I want to be able to open an account and see the past service schedules (ie: webinars) that the customer has participated in. I don't see anything in the account editor that will give me access to this information. Is there any way to properly schedule these types of activities or customize the CRM to view the relevent service schedules for customers? Thanks, Shan McArthur - VP, Technology ADXSTUDIO Inc. | 200 - 1445 Park Street | Regina, SK Canada | S4N 4C5 Tel: 306.569.6502 | Toll-Free: 800...

Setting up production charts in Excel
I would like to set up a production chart in Excel, what formulas do I enter? The jobs could over run so this will alter the daily production sheets. I want to be able to alter one job run and then it will rearrange the following jobs. Can this be done and if so how do I do it? I am running mms office excel 2003. I hope some one out there can solve my problem, I do hope its possible too. I work for a printing company with no production sysytem at all!! What I would like to do is to set up a daily, weekly and monthly production sheet for jobs to be worked on. We have three departm...

Moving Outlook Settings #2
Hi Just got a Tablet and would like to move all my Outlook 2003 settings from my desktop to the tablet, signature file, rules, folders etc. I know that the .pst file moves some stuff, but not sure about actual settings. Thanks in advance Irene -- All outgoing messages scanned with Norton Antivirus 2004 Irene Corb Gaffigan, CRS Principal Broker Farm Town Realty, LLC e-PRO Certified Internet Professional Allen F Hainge CyberStar (TM) 231 Depot Street Proctorsville, VT 05153 Toll Free: (800) 659-1819 Cell: (802) 353-1983 Office : (802) 226-8022 Fax: (802) 706-1000 E-M...

Administrator Account was deleted; what to do?
I have a system where the account used to install Exchange 2003 was deleted. That account was the only account with Full Administrator priviledges. Not having that account limits my maintenance abilities. Is there a way to recreate the account or to graft the priviledges to an existing account? Right now, the only option I think I have is to back up everything, delete Exchange, reinstall and restore. Thats painful and risky, any ideas? ...

Setting up Business Units
I'm getting ready to set up 3 different business units, I can't seem to find any reference material on setting this up. Each BU is in a different country, using differenc currency, anthing special I need to know? Thanks, Ansley The system does not support multi-currency, so that is probably going to be a problem for you (unless you have found another solution for that). Otherwise, there is nothing "special" about BU setup. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Ansley" <Ansley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D83A0B47-CD24-4797-9379-B435...

Date display in Pivot Chart
I have a piviot chart and the x-axis has dates. It is currently displayed as "7/31/08" and I want it to be "Jul-08". I've tried to change the "Field Settings" in the pivot table but the dates still show as 7/31/08 in the chart. HELP!! I'm pulling my hair out!! Hi, Since you didn't tell us what version of Excel, lets assume 2003 - In the pivot chart right-click on the field button for the Date field, choose Format Pivot Chart Field, click Number, and either use one of the built-in date formats or choose Custom and enter your own. -- If this...

View column position or line number in Word 2007?
Ugh. I used to be ablet o see my horizontal column position in Word 2003 and I used to be ble to see the line I was on as well. Both were on the Status Bar. Did those features go away in Word 2007? I can find nothing in Help. Help seems to be very lacking in Word 2007. I am using Windows Xp. Thanks, Natelle Bracken San Diego Right click in the status bar to find those options. Pam Natelle wrote: >Ugh. I used to be ablet o see my horizontal column position in Word 2003 and >I used to be ble to see the line I was on as well. Both were on the Status >Bar. Did ...

displaying incoming messages differently
Hello .. I have tried to display incoming messages horizontally rather than vertically which I find annoying .. any suggestions .. thanks, N What sort of incoming messages are you getting in Word? I would guess you're getting them in Outlook, and adding the microsoft.public.word.newusers NG was an error? Follow-up set to microsoft.public.outlook only. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA Word MVP FAQ site: http://www.word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. "natalia&q...

Same investment in different accounts
My wife and I have the same mutual funds in two different Roth IRAs. When I try to update both holdings in Money, the second mutual fund is considered a duplicate - meaning I cannot get live updates for both funds. Is there a way around this without having to manually update one Roth with different names for the account? BTW -- we are using Money Plus "KParker" wrote: > My wife and I have the same mutual funds in two different Roth IRAs. When I > try to update both holdings in Money, the second mutual fund is considered a > duplicate - meaning I cannot get live upda...

Email to an Account
If you email an account will it (or can it) send the Email to all of the contact members? Thanks No supported via "out of box", you will need to use SDK Good luck. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm "Microsoft" wrote: > If you email an account will it (or can it) send the Email to all of the > contact members? > > Thanks > > > ...

Business Portal 2.7 and eReq (print a PO, display GL account descr
Has anybody tried diplaying the GL acct description when you choose to viiew or edit a doc in eReg. Also, has anbody been able to print or display the PO that gets creaed in eReq from the eReq module without having to log inot Great Plains to get access to it. thks david ...

Displaying stuff in the Task Bar for Dialog
Hi, I have a dialog based application with no title bar / system menu etc. Which means this stuff doens't appear in my task bar either. How do I get the popup menu in the task bar to work? ...

Set Query Criteria thru Function
Hi, I'm setting a query criteria thru a function, i.e. V1="RED": SetCriteria(V1) (setting global variable) and then I use in the Query Criteria another function to get the global variable i.e. GetCriteria(). It works fine. Now I want to set a criteria with multiple selections i.e.. V2="BLUE": V3=V1 & " or " & V2 and SetCriteria(V3) but it doesn't work. I tried with adding (wrap around with) quotes to V1 and V2 but it doesn't work. I can make V3 looks like this ""RED" or "BLUE"". or "RED or BLUE&q...

Sales Transaction Set Up
Hi All, I need to configure GP10 in my software development comapny. In my chart of accounts that I have migrated from my old system, under COGS i have developers and consultants cost. No inventory maintained. For a simple credit sale transaction, usually I must Dr A/c Receivable Cr Sale-CRM Dr COGS-developers billable hrs Dr COGS-Consultants Billable hrs Cr Bank In the Posting Accounts Setup Window, I have not setup any account for the Posting Account Inventory. However, when entering the sale in Receivables Transaction Entry, under TYPE, Inventory is displayed. I want to set this to ...