Account List Displays Incorrect Balance

2 of my accounts display the wrong balance in the Account
List View, in the registers for these accounts, it shows
the correct balance, also in cashflow, however on the
Account List Page it does not.  (It is not showing the
current or ending balance, and its not even close).  For
a credit card that should have about $2000 in debt shows
as a positive $20,000 and a checking account that should
be over $10000 it shows as -$13,000....

I thought it might have to do with future posted
transacations so I waited until today as now all the
transactions in one of the accounts are not current...

thoughts?
0
anonymous (74722)
4/30/2004 5:03:39 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Doug wrote:

>2 of my accounts display the wrong balance in the Account
>List View, in the registers for these accounts, it shows
>the correct balance, also in cashflow, however on the
>Account List Page it does not.  (It is not showing the
>current or ending balance, and its not even close).  For
>a credit card that should have about $2000 in debt shows
>as a positive $20,000 and a checking account that should
>be over $10000 it shows as -$13,000....
>
>I thought it might have to do with future posted
>transacations so I waited until today as now all the
>transactions in one of the accounts are not current...
>
>thoughts?

Try opening Money with Start->Run and entering
"msmoney -s" without the quotes into the box.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
4/30/2004 1:33:14 PM
What does that command do?

thanks

0
anonymous (74722)
4/30/2004 7:34:09 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Doug wrote:

>What does that command do?

Does a safe repair of the database.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
4/30/2004 7:40:35 PM
Thanks but that didn't work... any other ideas?

By the way is that any different than using the Standard
File Repair off the File Menu in Money 2004?

0
anonymous (74722)
4/30/2004 7:58:24 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Doug wrote:

>Thanks but that didn't work... any other ideas?

Does the balance shown in the register change when you change the
View of the register-- unreconciled, all, etc?

If so see
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;838713&Product=mny
method 3.

>By the way is that any different than using the Standard
>File Repair off the File Menu in Money 2004?

Yes.

-s is like the Quick repair.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
4/30/2004 8:08:09 PM
Thanks so much, this worked, although there is one
transaction that it won't let me re-import says it has
too many lines... but the difference on this one is
only .01 so I can clean that up, what causes this to
happen?  How can I prevent this...

thanks again...

us;838713&Product=mny
>method 3.
>

>>By the way is that any different than using the
Standard
>>File Repair off the File Menu in Money 2004?
>
>Yes.
>
>-s is like the Quick repair.

0
anonymous (74722)
5/3/2004 1:42:49 AM
In microsoft.public.money, Doug wrote:

>Thanks so much, this worked, although there is one
>transaction that it won't let me re-import says it has
>too many lines... but the difference on this one is
>only .01 so I can clean that up, what causes this to
>happen?

A bug.

> How can I prevent this...

I don't know.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)

Smart List /Payroll
New to GP. I am looking for the best place to pull employee demographics and related annual base pay. I see this field on one of the payroll code screens called annual pay but cannot find it.. I would just like the employee's annual pay based on their pay rate. hello max, that field is not on the payroll, it is on the Human resources tables and its called annual salary Hi Max- Unfortunately, pay code information is not available in Smartlist (assuming you are referring to the annual pay rate stored for a pay code under Cards>>Payroll>>Pay Code). You might look at Repor...

Drop down-list translation

No account number shown in printed checks
Using Money 2007 Deluxe. Printed a series of checks from MS Mmoney this morning, but the account numbers didn't print on the checks. Each of the payees has an account number entered in the appropriate place, in the "Go to Payees" detail listing. Can't figure out what's going on here! Thanks for any assistance. Dave On Sat, 17 Mar 2007 08:37:03 -0700, Dave M. <DaveM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Using Money 2007 Deluxe. > >Printed a series of checks from MS Mmoney this morning, but the account >numbers didn't print on the checks. Each of...

Display Library Web Part on Parent
Can someone explain to me the best way of displaying a document library web part on a parent site? In other word, I have a sub-teamsite that has a document library and I'd like to display it as a web part on the parent site. What's the easiest and best approach? -- Thanks, Brad That really depends. Do you have WSS or MOSS? MOSS has a web part called the Content Query Web Part that will let you display a plethora of data from within the site collection, including items from a single library. If you only have WSS you can use Designer to link to the sub-site and th...

Generating a list from Excel 2003
Hi, I would like to know how to generate a list from data in Excel 2003. I would like this list to be generated and put into a document such as Word or some other form. My Sheet has Headings such as First Name, Last Name, Address, Pass (which will bwe checked for some) Thank-you in advance for youe help If it is a table, you can simply copy and paste from Excel into MS Word. If you are trying to print labels with Excel as the database, you do that from MS Word and with the worksheet you want to use as the first worksheet (the first worksheet requirement may not be necessary in Excel...

Receivables Management Aged Trial Balance by Item
Customer needs the ability to run the Receivables Aged Trial Balance report by Inventory Item. Currently there is no way to link the Item Number from the SOP30300 table to the RM Aging Report. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/B...

Synchronising Accounts
Hi, I have Money 2006. I also have a PDA in which Money 2006 for Pocket Pc 2003 was loaded. When I see the accounts to be synchronised, I see only Credit card accounts, checking accounts, savings accounts and line of credit accounts. I cannot see the Asset accounts like Home or Loan Accounts like Home Mortgage Accounts in the list of accounts to be synchronised in active sync. By the way In transaction register I cannot see special categories like Transfers, Credit Card Payments, Loan Payments. I cannot edit or change the previous transaction, but I can only enter new transactions? M...

Display middle name with Primary Contact field on Account screen?
How do I Display the middle name with Primary Contact field on Account screen? Please help. We use the Primary Contact field on the main Account screen to search and select a contact. The field then displays the First Name + Last Name of the contact that was selected. Can I make it show First Name + Last Name + Middle Name? How do I do it? I will be very appreciative for any help I receive. Thanks adna; The CRM has one format for displaying contact names. you can set that format in Settings-->Administration-->System Settings. While First Name + Last Name + Middle Name isn&...

Re-assign account issues - MSFT Employees & MSCRM Partners
Scenario: Sales rep leaves the company - accounts need to be shuffled around - some to new rep and some to other reps - typical account realignment - happens in just about any sales org (for many reasons)nothing unique about this - I reassign accounts and of course any items/objects that are not completed, closed, etc...move with the account to the now owner - as it should - Any cases with a resolved status - stay with the respective case owner - as it should - makes sense, right? - The big problem comes in here and it makes no sense - Orders, Opportunities, Quotes, and Appointment activities ...

Help creating two listings from one record
I have extracted "members" from my database. One record will contain LastName and FirstName, and may also contain SpouseName. Because I am creating membership cards in Publisher, I think I probably should actually create another query or ?? that contains one record with either [FirstName LastName] or [SpouseName LastName] Probablyl something like ... If SpouseName greater spaces List SpouseName LastName else next sentence. List FirstName LastName I don't have a clue how to do this in Access. Appreciate all help. Try this -- [FirstName] &a...

Read from same email account on two separate computers at same tim
I am not too sure if this question belongs to Windows Live Mail. Since I can't do it with POP protocol, I have Windows Live Mail set up to access the same GMail account with IMAP protocol on two separate computers for convenience sake. Every time I start the Windows Live Mail on the second computer after another one already starts on one computer, there seems to be error accessing the server. Also the Windows Live Mail on one system seems to keep downloading mails while the other one doesn't. How can I selectively download mails, that is download only when I read ...

Hooks & sending data to the Pole Display
Hello, I am trying to send my own text during a transaction to the pole display. I have everything in place and outside of RMS I can send stuff to the pole display out the COM port, but when the hook is running during RMS POS I can not my dll to talk out to the pole display. Is there any tricks to this that anyone has found? thanks, Nick ClothingStore wrote: > Hello, > I am trying to send my own text during a transaction to the pole display. > I have everything in place and outside of RMS I can send stuff to the pole > display out the COM port, but when the hook is running...

Pick list width changes by itself...why?
I have some columns with the width 4. Sometimes the validation pick list is wide like 40 and sometimes it is only as wide as the column. I already know there's code to temp make the column wider when you click on it. But this behaviour of the pick list sometimes appearing much wider than the column makes me think there's something influencing the width of the pick list itself. Is there some way to control the width of the pick list without changing the width of the column or is what I'm seeing occur just an Excel bug? Thanks, Joe M. ...

Smart list data not in tables
I have alot of data that for some reason is in the smart list but is not veiwed in the tables....any easy way to get the data back in the tables. MR Have you used some tool like Query Analyzer to view the suspected tables? If you will tell me the SmartList you are trying to view, I'll give you the tables. There is no way SL is showing nonexistent data; it's just a report writer. "Mike R" <MikeR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12CC49A0-FB4F-48F8-AAD8-7EBB2D973CCE@microsoft.com... >I have alot of data that for some reason is in the smart list b...

Hiding exchange alias in adress list
H Want to know if it's possible to hide the exchange alias from the adress list, only the alias nothing else and is it possible to set the maximum recipients to send to on a group, eg. have users that only should be allowed to mail 1 user a time I know that this can be done under exchange general for a single user, but I have 9000 users that need that restriction thanks in advance Joakim Larsso ...

I did install Genuine Advantage ActiveX control. But why could not find it in my IE Add-ons List?
Several days ago, I downloaded Windows Mobile Device Center from Micorosft web site for my Windows 7. As it needed Windows Genuine Verification, I installed the Genuine Advantage ActiveX control for my IE8. But now, I can not find this activeX control in my IE Add-ons List( IE -> Tools -> Manage Add-ons options of Internet Explorer ). Anyone could tell me why and where? Thanks in advance. It installed and it is not removable in any shape or form. Once done (Genuine Advantage ActiveX) it is done :-) -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of oth...

Incorrect display
Hi, When I start my program (Access 2007), I use a form with a background picture and nothing else, while the program makes some work (50 seconds) with the data. This work is invisible to the user. The problem is the form don't display correctly. I found a temporary solution that I don't like. I force a message to be written to the form with MsgBox. Then the form and the background picture are ok. Is it another way to achieve that without using MsgBox (because the user must clic on it to close it) ? I use these two lines of code followed by some invisible work to the data. DoC...

New account with new Domain
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I am trying to set up a new entourage email account using a new recently purchased domain. I am putting in mail@domainname.com for incoming and out going mails but when i verify details it tells me both are not right. Do I have to have set up the hosting for the website before being able to set up the email account or do I need to set up the email address at somewhere like GMail first and then will I be able to do it???? Any help appreciated. > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this f...

Negative Net worth after adding a Mortgage account
Money is now calculating my net worth as negative, This occurred after I added my home mortgage to 2004. Shouldn't my home be an asset, even though technically I have a mortgage? Can anyone shed light on this? Tony Yes, your home should be an asset and there is an account type, interestingly enough called asset account, designed just to handle this. Read more in online help. The Money Loan setup wizard should have asked you about setting one up. "Tony Lisanti" <ajlisanti@optonline.net> wrote in message news:mkmb10hro61seu4h9m4hpjp91kbk1o7egq@4ax.com... > Mo...

Accounting templates
Are there templates to do accounting worksheets (trial balances, income statements, do adjustments) and the like? I am using Excel 2000 Kaye Browse through the Excel section of the MS Template Gallery. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/default.aspx Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 09:59:05 -0800, "Kaye" <Kaye@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Are there templates to do accounting worksheets (trial balances, income >statements, do adjustments) and the like? I am using Excel 2000 ...

Exchange 5.5 Service Account Domain Rights
Silly question... Does an Exchange 5.5 service account need to be a domain admin? It seems like it does not need to be domain admin, just local admin on the exchange server. If possible, please provide a M$ link. thanks, FastEddie On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 13:43:05 -0500, "FastEddie" <fasteddie@therockwells.net.no.spam> wrote: >Silly question... > >Does an Exchange 5.5 service account need to be a domain admin? It seems >like it does not need to be domain admin, just local admin on the exchange >server. Nope. In fact, it is recommended that it not be a d...

Change Display Order in Charts
I have an X-Y chart with a cloud of points and a line. When the chart plots, the line is always hidden behind the cloud of points. Can I bring the line to the top so it becomes visible? I tried making the line first and last, but it always ends up behind the cloud. Thank you. Lines for a given chart group (group of data series) are plotted behind points of that same chart group in an XY chart. However, you can change the chart group by changing the axis on which the chart group is plotted. Make the plot with one series formatted as markers only and another as lines only, double cli...

WM5/Mny2006 Account Register Data Input
I'm using Money2006 on WM5/VGA, work fine in portrait mode until a trial version of Lingvosoft Dict, was installed, the Input field width & dropdown menu boxes under ACCOUNT REGISTER was slightly enlarged and got pushed off the right screen, now the dropdown button can only be accessed by setting the ppc in landscape mode, appreciate if anyone could provide info how to correct this problem. btw, I've uninstall and trial-ware and reinstalled money2006. TIA CZX ...

How does AD tie a joining PC with a pre-staged computer account?
On our network, we only want a select group of desktop managers joining PCs to the domain. In addition to that, we want those managers REQUESTING to have those machines joined before they actually do so. This is because we have problems with some desktop managers moving machines around without telling us, losing track of assets, and so on. We're planning on having an automated network registration, so we're not planning on making everyone's life hell, but they will have to jump through a few hoops to get on a publically routable network and so on. I have a decent id...

Exception List
Is there a way to add your contacts to the exception list without having to enter them one by one? Ted <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a way to add your contacts to the exception list > without having to enter them one by one? With OL 2003, you click Action>Junk E-mail>Junk E-mail Options>Safe Senders and check "Also trust e-mail from my Contacts". -- Brian Tillman Sorry, I should have specified I'm using OL 2000 and that does not appear to be an option under Actions. Thanks anyway. >-----Original Message----- >Ted <...