A pal needs help on this site

greetings fellow newsgroupers. I recently found a site called Microsoft
Forums. In a very short time I became very known to the site and its an
excellent tool. This guy who runs it is good too but needs a helping hand.

Please do me a favor and check it out at http://www.msforums.org/

Categories are like Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Gaming,
Servers, Developer and so on.

Thanks to everyone.

MDO Pro

--
I go to Microsoft Forums, do you?
http://www.msforums.org/

0
mdopro (9)
1/22/2005 4:04:35 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Is there a way to attach a xslt template to a xsltargumentlist? please help!
in C#, I use the following way to do transform, the I assign my extension object to the xslArg, so in xsl, I can call functions in the extension object. Now, I want functions in the extension object to call template in the xsl, this way I can put some customized code into the template. I think it is reasonable, but I don;t know how to do it, anyone has some idea on this? Thanks. xslt.Transform(xmlDoc, xslArg, textHTML, null); david wrote: > in C#, I use the following way to do transform, the I assign my extension > object to the xslArg, so in xsl, I can call functions in the extens...

Need Excel code to work in Word
I found this spreadsheet by John Walkenbach (Excel Guru) that has code I'd like to use in Word. http://spreadsheetpage.com/index.php/tip/mail_merge_without_word 1. John's Excel file has a help button that displays a userform. 2. The userform displays directions to guide the user on how to do something in Excel. 3. The directions (text) in the userform is stored in one of the sheets in the workbook. Those are the elements I care about. A userform with text that is editable. The procedure in John's Excel file talks you through doing a mail merge in Excel without u...

Choosing Report Format-Need advice
I asked this similar question a few days ago but received no response. Is there a way to change the properties when you’re using an AutoFormat for a report? I tried unsuccessfully to change the height of my alternating background when I used an AutoFormat (I’m using Access 2007). Is this the “rule”? I’m about to create several end-of-the-month reports that I plan to pull each month and thought I’d ask before I started. I’m also welcome to any suggestions about AutoFormat vs. designing your own report. Thank you for your input. AccessKay wrote: >I asked this simila...

Remove "Subfilter" Icon Needed
Greetings. I am using MS Excel 2007 (beta), and it's a peach, to say the least. I especially like the improved filtering functions. There is one thing, however, that I hope you will include in the final version scheduled to come out next year. When I filter the contents of a particular cell (right mouse click, filter by selected cell's value, etc.), and then in a different column filter on the contents of another cell within this first filter, I get another smaller "subfilter," of course. After doing something to the contents in this subfilter (filling in a blank, ...

Windows update site problems
So whats happening with the windows update site ?I keep getting a message telling me there is a problem with the web page (am trying to update new installation of XP Home),is it me or the site,and when will it be sorted out? -- Be happy,Strat4axe "stat4axe" <strat4axe@hotmail.com(donotspam)> wrote in message news:36618CFD-EF82-4F82-A7C3-90CF2DDCCEA5@microsoft.com... > So whats happening with the windows update site ?I keep getting a message > telling me there is a problem with the web page (am trying to update new > installation of XP Home),is it me o...

Microsoft Excel Help
Why are they called arguments when creating an Excel function? i need to no for a Excel test! what makes them arguments? Hi if you mean the 'parameteres' of a function how would you call them otherwise :-) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "martz" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:0b2601c4d8e5$c05f7bd0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Why are they called arguments when creating an Excel > function? i need to no for a Excel test! what makes them > arguments? ...

Need help grouping charts
I have identical charts which occur on multiple sheets. Is there any wa to group them for editing? When I group the sheets themselves, it seems to deactivate the charts I tried doing it with a macro as an alternative and then flipping th sheets one by one and keying the macro, but I get a message box with: "Run-time error 1004", "Unable to get the ChartObjects property of th worksheet class". Does anyone have any ideas -- Izz ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Izzy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getin...

Help with Now()
Hi, I am creating a spreadsheet and I need to have a cell and that record the date and time each row is entered seperately. The problem I have at the moment is whenever I add a new row of data i updates the previous rows time? does any one have any suggestions on how to stop this happening? thank -- sydoll ----------------------------------------------------------------------- sydolly's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2712 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=46697 Now() is a volatile function and will change ev...

DB Mail is is not working. Need help please.
I have try stop and start the db mail by executing the SPs below but no luck. Does anyone has seem the error below and how to fix it. Thanks in advance for your advise/help. --steps USE msdb; go EXECute sysmail_stop_sp; go EXECute sysmail_start_sp; go EXECute sysmail_help_queue_sp @queue_type = 'Mail'; go queue_type length state last_empty_rowset_time last_activated_time ---------- ----------- ---------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------- ------------...

Help with Raw Stock Data Collection
Is it possible to have Excel search through 1 minute raw data and be able to determine if the price moves between a certain boundary for a certain time then it will be classified as "Type 1". And if it is increasing for a certain time then it will be "Type 2" and likewise for when it is decreasing. I want Excel to be able to automatically search through the raw data and determine what is the type of state without myself having to manually pinpoint it on the chart then going back and doing a manual search and calculation in Excel. Only issue is that the exact number determi...

Third request for help with Payables Error message!
Ok I have posted this for the third time with no response! I need help to know if there is any kind of issue on the back end of our environment. If someone could help it would be greatly appreciated! We are currently running GP 10 SP1 and apparently since version 8 (we did not upgrade to 9) there has been the following error message while launching a transaction out of Smartlist, when we go to inquiry for AP documents, and drill down of PMTRX & PMCHK from the JE inquiry view: Unhandeled Script Exception: Index 0 array of 'PM_Transaction_Inquiry_Fill' Script terminated We ran a ...

HELP
I just wrote a check to the IRS, and in the Expense Catagory I indicated "Taxes : Federal Income Tax". Yet in the Income/Expense report, this payment is not included in my total federal taxes paid for this month. I should note that the check was written from an Investment Account. If I write the check from my checking account, the amount correctly shows up in the Income/Expense report. Any ideas as to why it works differently, depending on which account I pay the tax from? In microsoft.public.money, Tom wrote: >I just wrote a check to the IRS, and in the Expense Cat...

Need to convert point on screen to various screen resolutions
Let's say you click on a button on your screen at 1000,2500 TWIPS and your resolution is 800 X 600. Now you change your screen resolution to 1024 X 768 and you need to click on the same button in it's new location on the screen. Who's 100 times smarter than I am and can do some tricky math that will tell me the TWIPS to find that button? I'd ned to do the same calculation for other screen resolutions like 640 X 480 etc. http://www.applecore99.com/api/api012.asp -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "Donna YaWanna" <diy@mdahospital.com> wrote in message news:%23HMLEWW2...

gmail site won't come up.
I just installed IE8. Pretty much no problems going to any sites other than when I try to go to gmail. Going to mail.google.com gives me a problem. The tab blinks the word connecting every couple of seconds and it appears that IE8 is attempting to connect but some error occurs and the cycle continues. Unless I close the tab it will go on forever. I never had this problem with IE7. SImply going to IE8 has caused the problem. What can I do? -- Butch Cassidy Hi, Add *.google.com and (optional) *.youtube.com to your Trusted sites zone (Tools>Internet Options-Security tab). ...

Calendar/Dates Help
Hi All, I have an excel spreadsheet that lists every date in the year, with a particular code in the next cell. IE: Monday 3/01/2005 11M 22M 32M Tuesday 4/01/2005 11T 22T 32T Wednes 5/01/2005 11W 22W 32W Thursday 6/01/2005 11H 22H 32H Friday 7/01/2005 11F 22F 32F Saturday 8/01/2005 11S 22S 32S Sunday 9/01/2005 11N 22N 32N Monday 10/01/2005 11M 21M 33M Tuesday 11/01/2005 11T 21T 33T Wednes 12/01/2005 11W 21W 33W Thursday 13/01/2005 11H 21H 33H Friday 14/01/2005 11F 21F 33F What I need is to be able to search by the code eg "33T" and have all the dates listed for ...

Urgent help with CStringArray
Hello, i need to return a CStringArray from a class method, but CStringArray (and CStringList also) doesn't have a copy constructor! I want avoid memory allocation within the metod because I don't want to force the class user to deallocate pointers... this is the piece of code: const CStringArray MyClass::MyMethod() { CStringArray StrArray; for (...) StrArray.Add("something"); return StrArray; // this will generate a missing copy constructor compile error } Thank you, Gaetano Sferra "Gaetano Sferra" <rebusmail@iol.it> wrote in messag...

vlookup help #3
hello, I cant figure out the proper syntax for the attached workbook. Th first 8 options on worksheet two work perfectly ( ie when checked, the appear on worksheet 3) I dont know how to apply the formula of th first 8 options to the rest of the checkboxes. Can someone please help me figure out how to do this? Thanks i advance. Aladdi Attachment filename: start order2.zip Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=46674 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Right-click on the sheet tab for the Options worksheet. Select View ...

Bill Pay Help
I just signed up for Bill Pay (I have Money 2005), I'm not sure how to coordinate Bill Pay with my Bills list and my checking account register. It makes a separate Bill Pay register, but won't allow me to merge it with my checking account (as Help suggests). Tech support was completely useless, in fact it seems they're in a hurry to get us off the phone. ...

Just Help Me
Hello All . . . Please answer the questionary in the following URI http://nees.awardspace.com/ Thanks a lot . . . :D Post the question here, and we might. -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace somewhere in email address with gmail if mailing direct) "CorfuVBProgrammer" <merianosnikos@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1167902152.017496.205590@11g2000cwr.googlegroups.com... > Hello All . . . > > Please answer the questionary in the following URI > > http://nees.awardspace.com/ > > Thanks a lot . . . :D > ...

Help revising slow code
I am using the following code to remove all the lines in a worksheet that have a zero value in Column H. Because there are thousands of rows in the worksheet, this loop takes forever! Does anyone have any suggestions for doing this more quickly? Thanks! Sub Delete_Row_w0() Dim Firstrow As Long Dim LastRow As Long Dim Lrow As Long Dim CalcMode As Long Dim ViewMode As Long With Application CalcMode = .Calculation .Calculation = xlCalculationManual .ScreenUpdating = False End With With Sheets(1) .Select ...

Need Help
Query: Say i have multiple sheets dated 04/01/10 to 04/30/10, each contain names, say A, B, C, D, etc... but these name does not appear in the same order in each sheet. Now data is in time format in front of A, B, C, D, etc. Eg. in sheet 04/01/10 A1 B1 A 1:00:00 D 1:53:00 C 2:45:00 like this data in other sheet till 04/30/10. Now in a new sheet i want this data to be collated in time format in front of the individual sorted in Alphabetical order. Also it should give me the Sum of the data. Is it possible and how? Thanks in advance for the help!...

corrupted PST file
Hi, I have Outlook 98, running on XP, on a PII 400Mghz Dell desktop. My PST file is about 1.95GB. It has been running extremely slow, and has had to be restarted a bunch of times in the past 2 weeks. Yesterday, it gave an error that the PST file was corrupted, and that PST file need to have the Inbox Repair Tool run on the file, and then the system restarted. I ran the Inbox Repair Tool on the PST, and it did not work. I am totally unable to use the file, which has all my critical contacts and emails. If someone could help out, I would be MOST grateful.... I pulling my friggin ...

Autofilter help
Hi all I have 4 columns of data with an auto filter on - all ok I then reduce my selection so I finally only have one row of data - all ok Not ok: Problem: Is there an easy way that I can copy the data in the top row of the filter, to another worksheet page - so if the filter is changed so top line shows new result - still copies over the data in the top row of the filter. Bearing in mind that the top row could be I.E. Originally Row 8 or 108 depending on the selection. Autofilter Line = 1 2 3 4 eg Result of A/F a a a a <== copy the result of this line to dif...

Help need for .net assembly in Workflow manager
A simple code (given below) creates a task thro' .net assembly . I invoked this code via console application & found that it is running fine. It is creating task in CRM successfully. The problem is : when I included it in Work flow manager, it displays that "task completed" in workflow monitor but it is not creating a task in CRM . using System; using System.IO; using TaskCreation.CRMWeb; namespace TaskCreation { /// <summary> /// Summary description for Class1. /// </summary> public class Class1 { public Class1() { // // TODO: Add construc...

SBS 2008 RWW Internal web site access
I have a strange issue. I have a client who has four laptops on an SBS 2008 domain. Three are windows 7 one is XP. All work great inside the office. However, when any of the users attempt to connect to the internal website through RWW on the outside they get a page cannot be displayed message. I verified that port 987 is open on the firewall. Using computers at our location or any other computer, from any other site not associated with their domain, can connect successfully to RWW and the internal web site. I’ve verified that the certificate is installed on their computers. I ver...