401k employer match in portfolio manager

Does anyone know a way to indicate employer-matching funds in the portfolio
manager/account view?  It would also be great if there were a way indicate
vesting schedules as well.
1
RobGmoney (9)
2/10/2005 6:01:06 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, RobG_money wrote:

>Does anyone know a way to indicate employer-matching funds in the portfolio
>manager/account view?

In the Account List, right click the account, and choose Account
Details.

> It would also be great if there were a way indicate
>vesting schedules as well.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
2/10/2005 6:07:33 PM
Not if you didn't track them in separate investments/a separate account.

I.e., if you have $1000 in Investment Fund X in Account 401k and $700 of
that is your before tax contribs and $100 is your after tax contrib and $50
is your rollover contribs and $100 is vested employer matching contribs and
$50 is unvested employer matching contribs, there is no way in Money to
separate all of this after the fact.

"RobG_money" <RobGmoney@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know a way to indicate employer-matching funds in the
portfolio
> manager/account view?  It would also be great if there were a way indicate
> vesting schedules as well.

I did try that :  "right click the account, and choose Account Details".
I didn't see that it DID  anything for me, so my workaround is when I
download the history from the website, for the matching info, I do not enter
a BUY, merely a "Add shares".
Whatever I got I consider "found money" - cost basis = 0

In my case, the 5% match is in company stock - and since my 401-k
contirbution goes to Vanguard funds, it's easier for me to isolate that
amount.

Bobb

> In microsoft.public.money, RobG_money wrote:
>
> >Does anyone know a way to indicate employer-matching funds in the
portfolio
> >manager/account view?
>
> In the Account List, right click the account, and choose Account
> Details.
>

> > It would also be great if there were a way indicate
> >vesting schedules as well.

0
nospam87 (74)
4/2/2005 1:12:58 PM
In microsoft.public.money, - Bobb - wrote:

>I did try that :  "right click the account, and choose Account Details".
>I didn't see that it DID  anything for me, so my workaround is when I
>download the history from the website, for the matching info, I do not enter
>a BUY, merely a "Add shares".
>Whatever I got I consider "found money" - cost basis = 0
>
>In my case, the 5% match is in company stock - and since my 401-k
>contirbution goes to Vanguard funds, it's easier for me to isolate that
>amount.

Money expects the matching to be 100% cash for cash, I think.
So I think you are saying you do the AddShares for the 5% company
stock, but you do a Buy of the Vanguard funds with the money that
you put into your 401K from your paycheck deductions.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
> In microsoft.public.money, - Bobb - wrote:
>
> >I did try that :  "right click the account, and choose Account Details".
> >I didn't see that it DID  anything for me, so my workaround is when I
> >download the history from the website, for the matching info, I do not
enter
> >a BUY, merely a "Add shares".
> >Whatever I got I consider "found money" - cost basis = 0
> >
> >In my case, the 5% match is in company stock - and since my 401-k
> >contirbution goes to Vanguard funds, it's easier for me to isolate that
> >amount.
>
> Money expects the matching to be 100% cash for cash, I think.
> So I think you are saying you do the AddShares for the 5% company
> stock, but you do a Buy of the Vanguard funds with the money that
> you put into your 401K from your paycheck deductions.

Yes - if I put $100 of my pre-tax mony in there, I do a BUY - $100 of
Vanguard fund and a" Add shares" of company stock (so cost basis of company
stock - $0 - which is correct and my fund cost is right.

0
nospam87 (74)
4/26/2005 12:39:40 AM
I tried this solution - entering a Buy for for contribution and an Add Shares
for my employer's partial match.  However, my cost basis includes the amount
from Add Shares.  Any idea why?

In microsoft.public.money, Kevin A wrote:

>I tried this solution - entering a Buy for for contribution and an Add Shares
>for my employer's partial match.  However, my cost basis includes the amount
>from Add Shares.  Any idea why?

I would think you would want the employer's contribution to be
included in the cost basis. When trying to analyze the performance
of the shares, that would make sense. The basis is not going to
matter from a tax point of view. It will only matter for analyzing.

If you don't want that, you could put a $0 as the amount for the
Total in the AddShares transaction. That investment will look like a
wildly successful winner.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)

Task manager #3
I can not get Task manager to work on the trial version....is this NOT a fully functional version? Are you sure that you didn't mean to post this in the Windows Vista newsgroup? "DRH-Enterprises" <DRH-Enterprises@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BA1D3B09-AE83-46B7-8FFE-F61F612C6223@microsoft.com... >I can not get Task manager to work on the trial version....is this NOT a > fully functional version? "DRH-Enterprises" <DRH-Enterprises@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BA1D3B09-AE83-46B7-8FFE-F61F612C6223@microsoft...

matching, vlookup, index help.
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me formatting my spread sheet for work. I need to enter a state, by selecting it in a drop list, and then the agency rates for that state automatically shows up in a table that I have prepared and is ready to be calculated. How do you enter something in one cell and it automatically results in numbers to appear in other cells? Please help -Thankyou. Hi Mike use a combination of data / validation to create the drop down list and VLOOKUP function to populate the related information assuming that in Sheet2 you have the following A B ...

Mailbox Management #2
When setting folder retention on the Junk E-mail folder, the policy will only work when the age is set to 1 day. If I increase the age passed 1 day the policy will not work. ...

Changing Currency in Portfolio Manager
i recently migrated from Money 2004 to 2006, because 2004 did not have my country and currency i.e Nigeria, i modified and used Ghana. Problem is 2006 has Nigeria, i changed base, planner, accounts and stocks to Nigerian Naira. All currencies changed accurately but 'last price' and 'currency' column in portfolio manager, which insists on using the Ghanaian currency. How do I change the currency for 'last price'? -- Fresh In microsoft.public.money, arcfrankye wrote: >i recently migrated from Money 2004 to 2006, because 2004 did not have my >country and cur...

shipment/invoice matching
When we receive inventory as a 'shipment/invoice' receipt vs. a 'shipment' receipt, it does not show up on the 'shipment/invoice matching' report. We need all invoices to show on the 'shipment/invoice matching' report. HELP! Shipment/invoice means that the shipping document and the invoice document are one and the same so the purchase order is marked as invoiced. If you need to match invoice to shipping, then you must mark the receipt as 'shipment' only so the invoice can later be matched to the shipping. Ta, M. "ZefTek Inc" <ZefTek...

Integration Manager does not install
I have a workstation that has previously had multiple installs of Dyn GP 10. Now I want to install Integration Manager and it bombs out because it can not find a path. How can I wipe all Dynamics install and registry settings so I can start with a clean slate. I don't want to re-image my PC! Thanks! Joshua, Before you perform such a time consuming task, why don't you check the following: 1) Open the Registry Editor. Go to Start > Run and type in REGEDIT. 2) Navigate to HKLM > Software > Microsoft > Business Solutions > Great Plains > 1033 > Default &g...

CASHBOOK BANK MANAGEMENT - RECONCILIATION
I am using cashbook bank management. I have set up cheque books and transactions and posted this to their respective accounts on Dynamics GP 9.0 When I select the reconcile option on the cashbook bank transaction reconcililation window there are no transactions that appear even those entered within the reconciliation period selected. this is highly unusual, i would expect the transactions to appear so that i am able to reconcile I have gone through the setups severally, set up different chequebooks and posted the many transactions over different periods but to n o avail. Is a nyone e...

SBS 08 Premium
I've got a backup exec server, and apparently to be able to restore deleted/archived emails I need to be able to load the Exchange Management tools onto the BE server. I cannot find a way to load JUST the 64 bit Exchange Management Tools for 2007. There is a 32bit download available, but the 64 bit version says you need to install it from your Exchange 2007 media. Anyone have an idea how to get that out of the SBS 08 install disc? Hi Ryan, You should be able to download Exchange 2007 SP1 (64-bit) or Exchange 2007 SP2 (64-bit) and select just the Management Tools at the se...

Match and lookup data
Hello I would like to look up data in another sheet of the same workbook onl when it matches data selected in a dropdown(s). Attached is a spreadsheet which better explains my predicament I tried the various lookup and match functions and even tried combinin them but my not so superior knowledge of Excel limits me. Please help guys Cheers Yusu Attachment filename: timesheet test 1.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=56864 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You need more explanation as to what you wan t and where,...

Partner Private Managed Communities Site
Hi, I used to frequent the Microsoft Partner Private Managed Communities Support Site on a regular basis, then lost access when my Laptop's harddrive crashed. When I attempt accessing the site now, it prompts me with: (Site Authorization Enter the Secure Code provided by your Site Administrator) I do not know what this code is nor do I know how I would obtain it. Does anyone understand this and know what steps I need to take to regain access to this Managed Support Community? Many thanks in advance. -- CJM Open a support incident with Microsoft RMS Sales team. They will send...

Entering 401K Transactions in Investment Account
I am trying to correctly enter my 401K investments from my weekly paycheck. I want to be able to see my deposits, my employer's matching deposit, and compare the performance of the various 401K plan options I use against industry indexes such as NASDAQ. I find the Money help file very brief in this area. Are there good books on how to really use Money to track investments and perform retirement planning? ...

can't access web or crm manager
Hi , I just installed sql server and CRM on the same box (2003 server with AD) . When followed all instruction to grant access to the Administrator to databases on sql . When I opened Ie and try http://myserver . I got a message from this error : http://myserver/_common/error/errorhandler.aspx?errNum=0x80040E4D It's probably sql access error , but I can't find where . The second problem is when I try to add users by the CRM manager , I choose Administrator and click on Next , I had an error that I don't have enough privileges to add users . I'm using the Administrator accou...

MS Office Picture Manager
Help! I am running XP and MS Office 2003. I have a new problem - whenever I try to open jpg files that were sent to me in an Outlook Email, I cannot open them by clicking on the attached jpg file. I know the file is okay, because if I save the jpg that gets emailed to me, then open it elsewhere (say, from my desktop or from my documents) it works fine then....but whenever I try to open that same file straight from an email that was received....I get the following error message: "MS Office Picture Manager has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the...

Match won't match until I click into a cell then hit enter
I have this which is fine =T(SUBSTITUTE('I:\Everyone\WPSHARE\WIA Stuff\Caseload Info\[Caseloads Master 3-12-04.XLS]A'!C2," ","") Have a macro to special paste the 9 digit value "123456789" into another cell which is fine Have a match formula =MATCH($E2,Exited!$G$6:$G$500,0 The problem I am having is that the match formula is not matching until I actually click into cell E2 and hit enter. Then it matches perfect. unless there is a way to match formula values and not have to do a special paste. All I know is that it should work and it doesn't. any help...

Errors posting PA Receivings and Invoice Matches
Running PA 8 build 60 (Sp#3) and now receive errors everytime we post: Cannot insert value null into column 'PAPostedQty' table PA01301, table PA01304, table PA01221 and table PA00511. I have dropped and recreated all auto procs for these tables, ran the PA utils. On previous build of PA, we were receiving Smart Heap errors, which had to do with Extender. Once Extender was upgraded to build 12, those errors disappeared and now we receive these null errors. ...

Matching invoice with landed cost-no A/P invoice created
When I use a landed cost with % of extended cost (eg AIR FREIGHT-CAN in Fabrikam), everything works perfectly, except when I match the invoice for the Delivery Vendor (eg MITCHELL00001). It calculates the landed cost correctly, but nothing appears in the Extended Cost field. There's a Distribution to post, but after I post, there's no invoice in A/P to MITCHELL00001. When I use a landed cost of Flat Amount, this works correctly. Why won't it with the % of Extended Cost? ...

Manager Crashes after Feature Pack 1 Install
I've installed the Feature Pack 1 on my units here and it seems to have some really nice information, specifically in the purchase order modules. Good information provided that would have required multiple reports to be viewed before. The problem is that the Manager is crashing when multiple computers are using the purchase order module at the same time. Gives an error about temporary tables already being open (TEMPORDER1). Please help. Thanks. my mum has her own account thanks manager i just seen thomas mearkins car past in two secs "gchaimovitz" <gc...

eConnect receivables DOCNUMBR length doesn't match table length
OK, all you wizards out there... How come the length of the DOCNUMBR field in the eConnect <taRMTransaction> is 17, but the length of the same field in the RM20101 table is 21?? -- Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager HDA, Inc. Hazelwood, MO GP 9.0, SP2 I believe the additional 4 characters in the OPEN file was to allow for a suffix if needed. Unposted Receivables transactions can only have 17 characters thus that is what is only allowed by eConnect. -- Lorren Consulting Technology Lead WennSoft Inc. The views or opinions expressed in this post are mine and not those of Wenn...

Use 'like' or regex to match number-letter pattern substrings
There has to be an easier way that the one I'm currently working on... I'm writing a UDF to help a colleague parse some key data out of some inconsistently formatted raw data strings. One seach will be for machine part numbers in the raw data string. All part numbers are in the format Alpha-Alpha-Number-Number-Number, as shown in the following string: "I pulled the engine apart and found that part MX452 was ok, but MV119 was worn and needed to be replaced" I've made the UDF with an input string parameter that must only contain the characters "#"...

insufficient security privileges to run the User Manager Wizard
Hi, I'm installing CRM 1.0 on a box with Windows 2003 Standard and SQL 2000 SP3. Another box runs Windows 2003 Enterprise and Exhange 2003 Enterprise. Box running CRM is not a DC, box running Exchange is. I have had no problems installing the software to this point. However, when I go to the User Manager Wizard inside the CRM Deployment Manager and select a user to create a CRM user, I get the following message: "You don't have sufficient security privileges to run the User Manager Wizard. For more information, contact your system administrator." Thing is, I'm logged ...

I guess this is something to do with "match".
Let me first built a senario. A B C 1 mathew 65 .......... 2 Moses 94 ........... 3 John 67 .......... 4 Sue 98 .......... Here the problem is I want a formula, to arrange the names in the order of scores. The C column is for that. A vlookup or rank or match or any other formula is just welcomed. So pls help me as soon as possible =RANK(B1,$B1:$B4) Nattu, Just sort columns A & B by column B descending. -- HTH B...

Managed Extentions in VC++ /MFC
hi, Recently i tried using the managed extentions in VC++/MFC project. by using the /clr switch the program compile without any error but in case i try to create an instance of any class ex. BitConverter* bc=new BitConverter(); it gives me an error saying that can not put placeholder while creating an instance of a managed class. moreover there is a class called EventLog in System::Diagnostics but i am not able to use that class. help please anyone. ...

CRM should provide a way for Workflows to manage Queues
There should be inbuilt functionality to enable a Workflow rule to interact with a Queue and remove an item such as an email from the Queue based on conditions set within the workflow rule. Antony ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.co...

Matching lists to give a new list
I have had a look through the forum and have not seen anything simila enough to help me so i wondered if any of you could help me. Basically I have two sets of data one about 12,000 long and anothe about 9,000 long. They both have identical columns such as name , id number and a date and both have different independant columns. I want to some how , compare id number and date to make to the tw sheets into one. So if the id number equals the date from the two sheets the entry i combined and moved to a new sheet. Another problem i have is the dates might not be exactly the same, so want...

Investment Management
I have another client who wants to implement Great Plains but he needs an Investment and Treasury management application that will work with Great Plains. Does anyone no a 3rd party application that seamlessly integrate with great plains in these areas. Thank you I saw a product at Convergence called eInvestment Assets by ICAN Software Solutions...looks like a pretty good product if you want to maintain transaction level detail...can import from your custodian. Their website is www.icansoftware.com. Hope this helps. Jackie >-----Original Message----- >I have another client wh...