2007 Tries to update closed accountq

Ok i have a closed account at my bank and microsoft money 2007 keeps
trying to update it when I do my online updates. Its not a big deal and
causes not errors to pop up but it is kind of annoying. I do have open
accounts at that bank as well

money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, z3razerviper wrote:

>Ok i have a closed account at my bank and microsoft money 2007 keeps
>trying to update it when I do my online updates. Its not a big deal and
>causes not errors to pop up but it is kind of annoying.

It is. On the Account List, select
SortAccountListBy->HideClosedAccounts

You can customize reports to eliminate the closed accounts from
showing there too.

> I do have open
>accounts at that bank as well
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
8/6/2006 10:20:34 PM
I know that but i am saying it still trieds to do online updates for
that closed account.

Cal Learner-- MVP wrote:
> In microsoft.public.money, z3razerviper wrote:
>
> >Ok i have a closed account at my bank and microsoft money 2007 keeps
> >trying to update it when I do my online updates. Its not a big deal and
> >causes not errors to pop up but it is kind of annoying.
>
> It is. On the Account List, select
> SortAccountListBy->HideClosedAccounts
>
> You can customize reports to eliminate the closed accounts from
> showing there too.
>

> > I do have open
> >accounts at that bank as well

In microsoft.public.money, z3razerviper wrote:

>I know that but i am saying it still trieds to do online updates for
>that closed account.

and that is why I said "It is." So while I knew you were just making
a point, I still thought it might be useful to try to help minimize
the impact on you.

>Cal Learner-- MVP wrote:
>> In microsoft.public.money, z3razerviper wrote:
>>
>> >Ok i have a closed account at my bank and microsoft money 2007 keeps
>> >trying to update it when I do my online updates. Its not a big deal and
>> >causes not errors to pop up but it is kind of annoying.
>>
>> It is. On the Account List, select
>> SortAccountListBy->HideClosedAccounts
>>
>> You can customize reports to eliminate the closed accounts from
>> showing there too.
>>

>> > I do have open
>> >accounts at that bank as well
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
8/6/2006 10:43:20 PM
The best way to handle updates for an account you've closed at your
bank is to leave the account open within Money until you start getting
error messages that there's no record of the account at your bank.

Once you start getting error messages, go to "Manage Online Services"
and stop then re-start online services for the bank in question.  On
re-start, only the active accounts will be enabled for online services.
 At that time, close the inactive and now "online disabled" accounts
within Money.

Many banks leave closed accounts active in their systems for a period
of time.  In these situations it doesn't matter whether, within Money,
you close or leave open the accounts.  They may continue to update.  If
you close them in Money before they stop updating you'll have to
re-open them in Money and perform the stop/re-start/close procedure
described above.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
JB

z3razerviper wrote:
> Ok i have a closed account at my bank and microsoft money 2007 keeps
> trying to update it when I do my online updates. Its not a big deal and
> causes not errors to pop up but it is kind of annoying. I do have open
> accounts at that bank as well

0
johnbusc (409)
8/7/2006 1:53:56 AM
None of this works well for example if you have a husband with an IRA
account and joint tenant accounts with his wife, and a wife with an IRA,
and the same joint tenant accounts. You have two accounts to download
from, but despite the fact that you try and turn off the joint accounts
from one of the downloads, and you can close, hide etc., they are still
downloaded and cause a lot of manual work to avoid them in reports, etc.
  It's a silly bug.  What's the purpose of saying "Don't download them"
when you set up the online account, if they download anyway?

This has been a MONEY bug for years.

johnbusc@hotmail.com wrote:
> The best way to handle updates for an account you've closed at your
> bank is to leave the account open within Money until you start getting
> error messages that there's no record of the account at your bank.
>
> Once you start getting error messages, go to "Manage Online Services"
> and stop then re-start online services for the bank in question.  On
> re-start, only the active accounts will be enabled for online services.
>  At that time, close the inactive and now "online disabled" accounts
> within Money.
>
> Many banks leave closed accounts active in their systems for a period
> of time.  In these situations it doesn't matter whether, within Money,
> you close or leave open the accounts.  They may continue to update.  If
> you close them in Money before they stop updating you'll have to
> re-open them in Money and perform the stop/re-start/close procedure
> described above.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Regards,
> JB
>
> z3razerviper wrote:
>> Ok i have a closed account at my bank and microsoft money 2007 keeps
>> trying to update it when I do my online updates. Its not a big deal and
>> causes not errors to pop up but it is kind of annoying. I do have open
>> accounts at that bank as well

0
dawalt6495 (24)
8/7/2006 11:21:40 AM
What version of Money are you using for this, Ron?

--
Michael Gordon
MVP

"Ron Rosenfeld" <ronrosenfeld@nospam.org> wrote in message
> On 6 Aug 2006 14:40:51 -0700, "z3razerviper" <z3razerviper@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Ok i have a closed account at my bank and microsoft money 2007 keeps
>>trying to update it when I do my online updates. Its not a big deal and
>>causes not errors to pop up but it is kind of annoying. I do have open
>>accounts at that bank as well
>
> Perhaps this will work for you.
>
> I have an open account that I do not want updated online at a bank where I
> also
> have open accounts that I do want updated online.
>
> I changed the name of the financial institution to something similar (so I
> would recognize it), and then did NOT set up this bogus institution for
> online
> services.
>
> Go to "Change Account Settings" and make the change.  I'd guess this
> should
> work just as well for a closed account as it does for my open account.
>

> --ron

0
gordonm (1013)
8/7/2006 12:02:28 PM
You can also hurry the process by getting the website to stop displaying the
closed account. Sometimes you can do this yourself; other times you can talk
to online support.

--
Michael Gordon
MVP

<johnbusc@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> The best way to handle updates for an account you've closed at your
> bank is to leave the account open within Money until you start getting
> error messages that there's no record of the account at your bank.
>
> Once you start getting error messages, go to "Manage Online Services"
> and stop then re-start online services for the bank in question.  On
> re-start, only the active accounts will be enabled for online services.
> At that time, close the inactive and now "online disabled" accounts
> within Money.
>
> Many banks leave closed accounts active in their systems for a period
> of time.  In these situations it doesn't matter whether, within Money,
> you close or leave open the accounts.  They may continue to update.  If
> you close them in Money before they stop updating you'll have to
> re-open them in Money and perform the stop/re-start/close procedure
> described above.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Regards,
> JB
>
> z3razerviper wrote:
>> Ok i have a closed account at my bank and microsoft money 2007 keeps
>> trying to update it when I do my online updates. Its not a big deal and
>> causes not errors to pop up but it is kind of annoying. I do have open
>> accounts at that bank as well

0
gordonm (1013)
8/7/2006 12:03:33 PM
Don,

My post and that of the OP has nothing to do with your example.  Are
you sure you didn't mean to reply to a different post?

Regards,
JB

Don Awalt wrote:
> None of this works well for example if you have a husband with an IRA
> account and joint tenant accounts with his wife, and a wife with an IRA,
> and the same joint tenant accounts. You have two accounts to download
> from, but despite the fact that you try and turn off the joint accounts
> from one of the downloads, and you can close, hide etc., they are still
> downloaded and cause a lot of manual work to avoid them in reports, etc.
>   It's a silly bug.  What's the purpose of saying "Don't download them"
> when you set up the online account, if they download anyway?
>
> This has been a MONEY bug for years.
>
> johnbusc@hotmail.com wrote:
> > The best way to handle updates for an account you've closed at your
> > bank is to leave the account open within Money until you start getting
> > error messages that there's no record of the account at your bank.
> >
> > Once you start getting error messages, go to "Manage Online Services"
> > and stop then re-start online services for the bank in question.  On
> > re-start, only the active accounts will be enabled for online services.
> >  At that time, close the inactive and now "online disabled" accounts
> > within Money.
> >
> > Many banks leave closed accounts active in their systems for a period
> > of time.  In these situations it doesn't matter whether, within Money,
> > you close or leave open the accounts.  They may continue to update.  If
> > you close them in Money before they stop updating you'll have to
> > re-open them in Money and perform the stop/re-start/close procedure
> > described above.
> >
> > Hope this helps.
> >
> > Regards,
> > JB
> >
> > z3razerviper wrote:
> >> Ok i have a closed account at my bank and microsoft money 2007 keeps
> >> trying to update it when I do my online updates. Its not a big deal and
> >> causes not errors to pop up but it is kind of annoying. I do have open
> >> accounts at that bank as well

0
johnbusc (409)
8/7/2006 12:08:38 PM
Starting a year or two ago, Money now downloads whatever accounts in finds
at a FI under a given username/password. Your method won't work with these
versions.

--

> On Mon, 7 Aug 2006 07:02:28 -0500, "Michael Gordon, MVP"
> <gordonm@denison.edu>
> wrote:
>
>>What version of Money are you using for this, Ron?
>
> Michael,
>
> I did this using Money 2007 Deluxe 16.0.120.621
>
> It had not been an issue in Money 2003, my previous version, but I don't
> recall
> how I disabled it there.
>

> --ron

0
gordonm (1013)
8/7/2006 9:45:06 PM
Incidentally, Ron, your computer clock is fast.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
8/8/2006 12:29:04 AM
On 6 Aug 2006 14:40:51 -0700, "z3razerviper" <z3razerviper@gmail.com> wrote:

>Ok i have a closed account at my bank and microsoft money 2007 keeps
>trying to update it when I do my online updates. Its not a big deal and
>causes not errors to pop up but it is kind of annoying. I do have open
>accounts at that bank as well

Perhaps this will work for you.

I have an open account that I do not want updated online at a bank where I also
have open accounts that I do want updated online.

I changed the name of the financial institution to something similar (so I
would recognize it), and then did NOT set up this bogus institution for online
services.

Go to "Change Account Settings" and make the change.  I'd guess this should
work just as well for a closed account as it does for my open account.

--ron
0
ronrosenfeld (3122)
8/8/2006 12:47:12 AM
On Mon, 07 Aug 2006 19:29:04 -0500, Cal Learner-- MVP
<via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote:

>Incidentally, Ron, your computer clock is fast.

And here I thought all you guys were a day behind the times :-)).

I don't know how it happened.  I never open the clock/calendar on my windows
machine except in these kinds of circumstances.  I wonder if something happened
during the autosynch process, or if there's some problem with the MB.

Thanks for pointing it out.

--ron
0
ronrosenfeld (3122)
8/8/2006 2:07:54 AM
I had a similiar problem as well, and what I had to do was export and
actually delete the account. Once that was done, I did a sync. For me, this
was because I archived stuff to an older account, and that older account
kept getting the updates, instead of the current one. But your situation
might be different.

wrote:

>What version of Money are you using for this, Ron?

Michael,

I did this using Money 2007 Deluxe 16.0.120.621

It had not been an issue in Money 2003, my previous version, but I don't recall
how I disabled it there.

--ron
0
ronrosenfeld (3122)
8/8/2006 4:31:26 PM
Nope - just didn't read your message very carefully. However, I'm still
surprised that your method works. I've tried something similar and it hasn't
worked for me.

--

> On Mon, 7 Aug 2006 16:45:06 -0500, "Michael Gordon, MVP"
> <gordonm@denison.edu>
> wrote:
>
>>Starting a year or two ago, Money now downloads whatever accounts in finds
>>at a FI under a given username/password. Your method won't work with these
>>versions.
>
> As I posted, my method works fine with Money 2007.  Perhaps you are
> confusing
> me with someone else?
>

> --ron

0
gordonm (1013)
8/8/2006 5:30:39 PM
On Tue, 8 Aug 2006 12:30:39 -0500, "Michael Gordon, MVP" <gordonm@denison.edu>
wrote:

>Nope - just didn't read your message very carefully. However, I'm still
>surprised that your method works. I've tried something similar and it hasn't
>worked for me.

That's curious.

The FI that I'm using for the account I don't want to download is the former
name of the FI.  Bank of New Hampshire merged with TD Banknorth.  I'm using the
latter for the accounts I want to download, and the former (which no longer
exists in the list of FI's) for the one I don't want to download.

I only had to do this with Money 2007 -- was not necessary in M 2003.

--ron
0
ronrosenfeld (3122)
8/8/2006 6:41:07 PM
If you go to the web site of the latter account (TD Banknorth), which
accounts do you see? (I see all of the active ones,, whether I want to or
not). And, when I d/l from it (not TD Banknorth, but Chase), all d/l,
whether I want them or not.
If you want to pursue this, create a new file (not account), create new bank
accounts at TD Banknorth (just one will do) and then see what Money 2007
does when it updates.
--

> On Tue, 8 Aug 2006 12:30:39 -0500, "Michael Gordon, MVP"
> <gordonm@denison.edu>
> wrote:
>
>>Nope - just didn't read your message very carefully. However, I'm still
>>surprised that your method works. I've tried something similar and it
>>hasn't
>>worked for me.
>
> That's curious.
>
> The FI that I'm using for the account I don't want to download is the
> former
> name of the FI.  Bank of New Hampshire merged with TD Banknorth.  I'm
> using the
> latter for the accounts I want to download, and the former (which no
> longer
> exists in the list of FI's) for the one I don't want to download.
>
> I only had to do this with Money 2007 -- was not necessary in M 2003.
>

> --ron

0
gordonm (1013)
8/8/2006 9:28:44 PM
On Tue, 8 Aug 2006 16:28:44 -0500, "Michael Gordon, MVP" <gordonm@denison.edu>
wrote:

>If you go to the web site of the latter account (TD Banknorth), which
>accounts do you see? (I see all of the active ones,, whether I want to or
>not). And, when I d/l from it (not TD Banknorth, but Chase), all d/l,
>whether I want them or not.
>If you want to pursue this, create a new file (not account), create new bank
>accounts at TD Banknorth (just one will do) and then see what Money 2007
>does when it updates.

When I go to the web site, I see all of the accounts.

If I set up a new file, it will download all of them.  And I can't seem to be
able to change that.

However, on my existing file, which was converted from M2003, although it
initially downloaded all of them, by changing the FI, I was able to keep it
from downloading the one I don't want to download.

I wonder if there is something about the order in which things are set up.  Or
perhaps online accounts need to be disabled when the change is made.
--ron
0
ronrosenfeld (3122)
8/9/2006 12:49:43 AM
wrote:

>Starting a year or two ago, Money now downloads whatever accounts in finds
>at a FI under a given username/password. Your method won't work with these
>versions.

As I posted, my method works fine with Money 2007.  Perhaps you are confusing
me with someone else?

--ron
0
ronrosenfeld (3122)
8/9/2006 2:01:19 AM
So changing the FI on a new file doesn't work, but it does on an older file?
Hmmmm. Regarding your last hypothesis: I wouldn't think this would matter,
but............
--

> On Tue, 8 Aug 2006 16:28:44 -0500, "Michael Gordon, MVP"
> <gordonm@denison.edu>
> wrote:
>
>>If you go to the web site of the latter account (TD Banknorth), which
>>accounts do you see? (I see all of the active ones,, whether I want to or
>>not). And, when I d/l from it (not TD Banknorth, but Chase), all d/l,
>>whether I want them or not.
>>If you want to pursue this, create a new file (not account), create new
>>bank
>>accounts at TD Banknorth (just one will do) and then see what Money 2007
>>does when it updates.
>
> When I go to the web site, I see all of the accounts.
>
> If I set up a new file, it will download all of them.  And I can't seem to
> be
> able to change that.
>
> However, on my existing file, which was converted from M2003, although it
> initially downloaded all of them, by changing the FI, I was able to keep
> it
> from downloading the one I don't want to download.
>
> I wonder if there is something about the order in which things are set up.
> Or
> perhaps online accounts need to be disabled when the change is made.
> --ron

0
gordonm (1013)

Opening Screen in 2007
Using Office 2007 When one of my users open Publisher, she sees a "Getting Started With Publisher" screen when she must choose "blank page size" and then navigate through all the blank page sizes that are available to find the standard 8 1/2 by 11. This happens every time she launches Publisher. Another user opens Publisher and immediately has a blank page that is 8 1/2 by 11 and is ready for typing. I have looked under Tools / Customize and Tools / Options to find the place to uncheck the getting started screen as the opening screen. Cannot find what I'm loo...

Can I get menus in 2007
Is there any way to get a menu bar w/ word 2007? I like 2007 but the choices in the tabs are not sufficient and I have to fight to get the function I need. thanks john Add what you want to the Quick Access Toolbar. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "John Coltrane" <tendengarci@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ejbigfJ5KHA.5808@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Is there any way to get a menu bar w/...

need to reload 2007 home/student have prod key
where do i go to reload 2007 home/student i have product key On 2/04/2010 7:21 PM, howie2006 wrote: > where do i go to reload 2007 home/student i have product key Where is the CD? On 2/04/2010 7:21 PM, howie2006 wrote: > where do i go to reload 2007 home/student i have product key Sorry that was not very helpful. If you had the CD you would not be posting here. The only thing I could find was a 60 day Office professional trial. http://trial.trymicrosoftoffice.com/ HTH http://www.microsoft.com/office/downloads/ ...

Update Prices Online & Disconnect
Money seems to have a mind of its own! I want to update prices online by clicking "update prices online" in my portfolio. I find that anytime I open Money it has already updated prices without my instruction to do so. I want it to update only when I trigger the action and not before. When I do connect to update prices, it does so, but then disconnects me from the internet. I have it set to NOT disconnect. Microsoft seems to automatically download things without my knowledge. Any cure for these items? In microsoft.public.money, Jim T wrote: >Money seems to have a mind of...

publisher did not recognize my files in 2000 after applying update
I went to the officeupdates site and updated office 2000, it took 3 passes to get them all. now I can't open any of my saved publisher files short of loading the disks on another computer, how can I get to the data on the saved publications ...

Text to Columns from drop down list update
Hi I need to perform a Text to Column conversion from a drop down list, but I also need the extracted value to be updated if the value in the list is changed. eg: Drop down list has 2 values: 1. 4x16K 2. 8x8K If the user selects 1 I can easily extract out to another cell the value 1 using Text to columns, however if the user then changes the choice to 2 the text to columns extraction is not updated to 2. Is there a way to update changes in the original cell using text to columns? Or is there another way I can assign a value to a drop down menu choice in a different cell while havi...

Can pdfs be imported into Publisher 2007?
I publish a newsletter. Ads are sometimes submitted as .pdfs. I have been using Publisher 2003, which necessitates converting the .pdfs to .jpegs. Will Publisher 2007 import the .pdfs as is? KSEditor wrote: > I publish a newsletter. Ads are sometimes submitted as .pdfs. I have > been using Publisher 2003, which necessitates converting the .pdfs to > .jpegs. Will Publisher 2007 import the .pdfs as is? ==================================== For import into Pub 2007...converting .pdfs to an image format is still the best option. Have a look at the following info from Ed Benn...

Can Update Office 11.0
I am trying to give Office a whirl on my powerbook however I need to upgrade to 11.1 for it to work with my ofices Lotus Notes e-Mail. When I try upgrading I get the 11002:2,-14 error I've heard talked about in this newsgroup. I've tried all the suggestions but still no luck. I tried repairing permisions, re-installing, turning of Entourage notifications. Nothing works! Please help. Haven't a clue. Previous threads didn't offer anything? Try re-downloading the update. Maybe previous updates haven't been run yet. Use Help | Check for Updates and let it tell you what...

Keeping the format but update the data
I have a report I run everyday. I want to update the data, but keep the column sizes and formatting. Any suggestions? Anybody suggest a good ebook to become more formuliar with excel? JoeM JoeM, this could be as simple as recording a macro during the formatting of the sheet after importing the data once. Then each day, after importing the new data, you simply run that macro. As for online eBook's for Excel, I'm not actually aware of any although I suspect a Google search would turn up several. It's hard to beat the "For Dummies..." series of hardcopy...

Error while trying to access reports
Hi all, I have a user who is Admin and gets this error when she clicks on the report icon: Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the r...

Can't connect after updates.
I downloaded the two software updates and now I can't connect with Live ID. Anyone one else have this problem? I am actually experiencing the same issue. I just installed, it said that there were updates available which I installed and now I can not connect from within money... I am using vista, not sure if that is part of the problem or not... "Jakryk" wrote: > I downloaded the two software updates and now I can't connect with Live ID. > Anyone one else have this problem? I'm using Vista also. I've reinstalled Money and I cancel the updates. It happen...

Error 0x80040216 when trying to export customization
Hi, Does anyone has any idea what is causing 0x80040216 xml error when trying to export customization? Thank you in advance. ...

2003 format in 2007?
I'm used to Outlook 2003, but I just bought a new computer and installed Outlook 2007. I view a week at a time, and I prefer the calendar format in 2003 -- it shows the whole week in two columns and I didn't have to scroll. Is there a way I can use the same format in 2007? No, unfortunately that view had to be removed to enabled calendar overlay. Try a two week view: http://slipstick.me/2wk -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dai...

Frustrated Beyond Measure
I loved Money 2005, recommended it to friends and got 2 great years of use out of it. Then, it forced me to upgrade to continue online services. I didn't mind since it was only $40 and I got two good years out of it. However, Money Plus Deluxe has been a nuisance. I have never gotten portfolio manager to work. I spent 2 weeks sending emails with support where the guy eventually said "if this doesn't work, I can't help you." Great... shoudl I go buy Quicken? This weekend, I decided to try to completely uninstall Money and try a reinstall to get Portfolio Manag...

Office 2007 Ribbon
In the majority of other Windows applications, the menu system allows me to click one menu item (eg. "Edit") and then just move my mouse left and right in order to see what is under the adjacent menus. Is there any way to make the Ribbon do this? As an advanced user of previous versions of Office, I know that Microsoft "invented" this new Ribbon interface (aka "a bunch of Tabs") to enhance my productivity, so I assume that there should be *less* clicking and /faster/ access to functionality. I am sure that it had _nothing_ to do with growing compe...

How can I convert Outlook 2007 Rules files (.rwz) to something editable?
I want to manage the rules a little simpler than with the built-in rules wizard. I can export the rules to a .rwz file. - Is there a description someplace of the .rwz file? - Is there a simple script or tool to convert to a .rwz file to a .csv or some other format? A perl script, VB, etc. would be fine. -- AllBackJack ------------------------------------------------------------------------ AllBackJack's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/160330.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/ms-office-support/1277903.htm http://forums.techarena.in ...

"Print to Scale" Excel 2007 Charts
In Excel 2003, one could double-click a chart, print, and the chart would auto-size to fill a page. I am unable to print my newly-created Excel 2007 charts so they auto-size to print one-to-a-page (now requires several time-consuming steps for reformatting titles, axes, etc.). I do not have a "print to scale" option in my page setup. Printing to a Ricoh Aficio AP610N. Thanks so much. I will assume we are talking of an embedded chart (one sitting on a worksheet) and not a chart sheet. In Excel 2003 (all earlier) you did not double click, you just single clicked to...

Outlook 2000 Closing msg
Hello, I have an Issue with Outlook 20000 running on a win2k Machine. The user closes an email he is reading and it "disappears" completely. Not even to be found in the deleted folder. Any Thoughts? It's probably still there - check the view settings. It sounds like he's viewing only unread messages. tim.wiitanen wrote: > Hello, > > I have an Issue with Outlook 20000 running on a win2k > Machine. > > The user closes an email he is reading and it "disappears" > completely. Not even to be found in the deleted folder. > > Any Thoughts?...

Open Close workbooks
HI I have a workbook that user's use to input changed data each day into severval different worksheets, once data is entered they have to save it as filename(date) what I need is a macro that will close the saved workbook and re-open the original. eg saved worksheet is tallysheet28-8-05 original workbook tallysheet Hi bbc1 Look in the VBA for SaveCopyAs Your origenal workbook stay open and a copy will be saved with the name you want Dim wb As Workbook Set wb = ActiveWorkbook wb.SaveCopyAs "C:\" & wb.Name & " " & Format(Now, "dd-mm-yy h-mm-ss"...

Try that critical update from the Microsoft
--cvopnkiwnuksx Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="euamswwo"; type="multipart/alternative" --euamswwo Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="qcidyxbg" --qcidyxbg Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to help protect your computer from ...

Trying install CRM 3.0
Hi guys, I'm tryingo to install the trial version CRM 3.0 but i'm receving two errors: 1) MS SQL SERVER: "MSSQLSvc service principal name not found for account CN=OFFICESYSTEMBR,OU=Domain Controllers,DC=officesystem,DC=com." 2) REporting Services "Setup failed to validate specified Reporting Services Report Server http://OFFICESYSTEMBR/Reportserver. Error: The report server cannot decrypt the symmetric key used to access sensitive or encrypted data in a report server database. You must either restore a backup key or delete all encrypted content and then resta...

Trying to get a type of video file format to open and run on my we
I created a video using Windows Movie maker and saved as .wmp file. I saved it to my computer and then inserted on my web page under Front Page 2003. Nothing! I then converted the file to avi format - still nothing! I then tried mpeg4 still nothing. The manual is next to useless on this subject. Anyone tell me what I need to do so that when a user opens up the page the video plays automatically. -- Simon Holloway Save as a .wmv and insert a suitable player into the page. For IE only, Insert->Web Component->Advanced Controls->ActiveX Control Click Next Choose Window...

Outlook 2007 Clients can't connect
I posted a similar question yesterday to the guys over at microsoft.public.exchange.setup as well, to maybe attack this issue from an Exchange server perspective. Maybe the folks over here can offer some insight, as this may be a client issue. I have a new Exchange 2007 server. New Outlook 2003 clients can connect just fine. Outlook 2007 clients tested on both XP and Vista, fail. The error I'm seeing is: "Outlook cannot log on. Verify you are connected to the network and you are using the proper server and mailbox name. The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlo...

Updating MS Office 98 for Mac to newer MS Office version & other questions
Hi! I have a Mac iBook with a Power PC G3 Processor, Disk Cache: 4096k, Virtual Memory 129 MB, Built-In Memory 128 MB, Machine Speed 600MHz (so it says in the system profiler...I don't really know what all this means and if someone has an easy explanation, I'd appreciate it). Though it came with OSX, I have been running it on OS 9.2 because I purchased Microsoft Office 98 for Mac (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) back in 1999 for my last Mac (a desktop), so I loaded it onto this iBook when I got it. My question is, can I qualify for an update of MS Office? From browsing the web I noticed ther...

stange folder after install updates
hello, I've some computers with XP SP3 which after install some updates appear "strange folders". For example there're some folders in c: called: 6ac86d2ad9be93fc0f0ded or 22553c8e848b459d87bc49 I think that these folder are created when the installation on the update fails but my problem is in order to delete them I have to put myself as propietary of the folder manually, Is there any way to delete them automatically? sgr wrote: :: hello, :: :: I've some computers with XP SP3 which after install some updates :: appear "strange folders". F...