2007 Deluxe Trial

I attempted to use 2007 to forecast my cash flow, but I couldn't change to a 
cash flow based on "Advanced Budget". The radio button was disabled. It was 
stuck on a cash flow by trends, which I don't like to use. 2004 Deluxe allows 
me to do this. What gives?
0
Bob4289 (354)
8/1/2006 2:06:02 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

10 Replies
402 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 39

Did you upgrade a 2004 file that already had an advanced budget? M07 is
trying to make the Advanced Budget go away for new users. It's still
supported for legacy users with advanced budgets. You can start a new one,
but indirect intervention is required to get there. Details on that when we
get there....

"Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:19F48E2A-D30F-4955-AE9B-529F0023B76A@microsoft.com...
> I attempted to use 2007 to forecast my cash flow, but I couldn't change to
a
> cash flow based on "Advanced Budget". The radio button was disabled. It
was
> stuck on a cash flow by trends, which I don't like to use. 2004 Deluxe
allows
> me to do this. What gives?


0
8/1/2006 3:41:22 PM
Ouch!

Maybe I'm glad we don't have 2007 in the UK. I depend non my Advanced Budget 
for too many things to risk losing it.

I was contemplating moving to US2007 for the sake of continued updates but 
this may be a deal-breaker i.e. it may be completely removed in 2008, making 
any move to US Money a bit pointless, in which case I'm better off staying 
with UK2005.

"Dick Watson" wrote:

> M07 is 
> trying to make the Advanced Budget go away for new users.
0
MikeF (27)
8/1/2006 4:25:02 PM
I'm embarrased to ask, but how do I know if I'm using advanced budget in 2004? 

"Dick Watson" wrote:

> Did you upgrade a 2004 file that already had an advanced budget? M07 is
> trying to make the Advanced Budget go away for new users. It's still
> supported for legacy users with advanced budgets. You can start a new one,
> but indirect intervention is required to get there. Details on that when we
> get there....
> 
> "Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:19F48E2A-D30F-4955-AE9B-529F0023B76A@microsoft.com...
> > I attempted to use 2007 to forecast my cash flow, but I couldn't change to
> a
> > cash flow based on "Advanced Budget". The radio button was disabled. It
> was
> > stuck on a cash flow by trends, which I don't like to use. 2004 Deluxe
> allows
> > me to do this. What gives?
> 
> 
> 
0
Bob4289 (354)
8/1/2006 4:55:02 PM
Go to the Budget screen and see if it says Advanced Budget up in the upper
right corner.

"Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:AA70264F-E7C4-4383-A4E8-1D821A976CB0@microsoft.com...
> I'm embarrased to ask, but how do I know if I'm using advanced budget in
2004?


0
8/1/2006 5:27:29 PM
In 2007, yes there is an advanced budget flag. I tried to carry over my 
budget from 2004, which is effectively an advanced budget. Ultimately, I 
switched to an essential budget and back to an advanced budget to see if I 
could have cash flows by budget, but the advanced budget radio button was 
disabled, allowing only trends in cash flow.

"Dick Watson" wrote:

> Go to the Budget screen and see if it says Advanced Budget up in the upper
> right corner.
> 
> "Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:AA70264F-E7C4-4383-A4E8-1D821A976CB0@microsoft.com...
> > I'm embarrased to ask, but how do I know if I'm using advanced budget in
> 2004?
> 
> 
> 
0
Bob4289 (354)
8/1/2006 6:32:02 PM
Hmmm. I haven't looked at that in M07--maybe something is up? I'll try to
look at it tonight.

"Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:F57ABBCA-C823-4268-9F71-0D011F4B3071@microsoft.com...
> In 2007, yes there is an advanced budget flag. I tried to carry over my
> budget from 2004, which is effectively an advanced budget. Ultimately, I
> switched to an essential budget and back to an advanced budget to see if I
> could have cash flows by budget, but the advanced budget radio button was
> disabled, allowing only trends in cash flow.


0
8/1/2006 6:49:56 PM
It's enabled in my M07 file which was upgrade from an M04 file with an 
Advanced Budget.

Is your budget fully setup? Can you go into Advanced Budget in M07 and edit 
the budget?

Have you checked the box at the top "Display amounts from budget or past 
trends"???

"Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:F57ABBCA-C823-4268-9F71-0D011F4B3071@microsoft.com...
> In 2007, yes there is an advanced budget flag. I tried to carry over my
> budget from 2004, which is effectively an advanced budget. Ultimately, I
> switched to an essential budget and back to an advanced budget to see if I
> could have cash flows by budget, but the advanced budget radio button was
> disabled, allowing only trends in cash flow. 


0
8/2/2006 12:28:29 AM
Dick --

Based on a recent convo you & I had re cash flow setup, do you think the 
difference between your 07 experience and the OP's could be that you did not 
use the Advanced Budget to forecast cash flow.

It appears that the OP did. Maybe people who do this should remove both the 
Advanced Budget and Trended Items associations before upgrading.

Just a thought.

Susan

"Dick Watson" <littlegreengecko@mind-enufalready-spring.com> wrote in 
message news:elfaLqctGHA.4372@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> It's enabled in my M07 file which was upgrade from an M04 file with an 
> Advanced Budget.
>
> Is your budget fully setup? Can you go into Advanced Budget in M07 and 
> edit the budget?
>
> Have you checked the box at the top "Display amounts from budget or past 
> trends"???
>
> "Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:F57ABBCA-C823-4268-9F71-0D011F4B3071@microsoft.com...
>> In 2007, yes there is an advanced budget flag. I tried to carry over my
>> budget from 2004, which is effectively an advanced budget. Ultimately, I
>> switched to an essential budget and back to an advanced budget to see if 
>> I
>> could have cash flows by budget, but the advanced budget radio button was
>> disabled, allowing only trends in cash flow.
>
> 


0
8/2/2006 2:34:26 AM
Could be. That would take some testcase development to check.

Having played around with it, I think it also possible that the setting for 
"Display amounts from budget or past trends" could be cleared. That was the 
only way I could get to the disabled state the OP described. But I got back 
just fine once I reset it back to checked. Let's hear back from the OP on 
that one first.

"harrelsonesq" <harrelsonesq2@yahoo.com> wrote in message 
news:OHWQuwdtGHA.4968@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> Based on a recent convo you & I had re cash flow setup, do you think the 
> difference between your 07 experience and the OP's could be that you did 
> not use the Advanced Budget to forecast cash flow.
>
> It appears that the OP did. Maybe people who do this should remove both 
> the Advanced Budget and Trended Items associations before upgrading.
>
> Just a thought. 


0
8/2/2006 3:23:37 AM
Thanks everyone. I have it sorted out. I flew through the install process and 
didn't realize that I had converted my "advanced budget". I now have my AB 
working fine. I originally was in Spending and Saving Budget, if that's what 
it's called. The conversion worked fine.

I'm not a big fan of the new SSB. I don't really know how it trends the cash 
flow with the SSB. It raises more questions than answers for me. I prefer the 
budget items in the cash flow. 

The SSB screen does not have much functionality to it. All it shows is a 
budget variance for the categories. I can create the same thing in Excel. 

I'm done complaining after the next point. They should continue to support 
the AB such that you can create a new AB.

"Dick Watson" wrote:

> Could be. That would take some testcase development to check.
> 
> Having played around with it, I think it also possible that the setting for 
> "Display amounts from budget or past trends" could be cleared. That was the 
> only way I could get to the disabled state the OP described. But I got back 
> just fine once I reset it back to checked. Let's hear back from the OP on 
> that one first.
> 
> "harrelsonesq" <harrelsonesq2@yahoo.com> wrote in message 
> news:OHWQuwdtGHA.4968@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> > Based on a recent convo you & I had re cash flow setup, do you think the 
> > difference between your 07 experience and the OP's could be that you did 
> > not use the Advanced Budget to forecast cash flow.
> >
> > It appears that the OP did. Maybe people who do this should remove both 
> > the Advanced Budget and Trended Items associations before upgrading.
> >
> > Just a thought. 
> 
> 
> 
0
Bob4289 (354)
8/2/2006 1:58:02 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

microsoft money 2006 deluxe wont update my info
i have had microsoft money 2006 deluxe and i uploaded it to a new computer, comp 2, well i had been using a different computer, comp 1, but for some reason the information that i inputed on comp 1 will not come up on comp 2. The program is doing its back up when i log off of the program but when i log into comp 2 as i said all the infromation that i added to my account while on comp 1 is not there. could someone tell me if i have done something wrong or how to get the program on comp 2 up to date without having to enter all the info back into it. IF Windows Vista, THEN DO NOT STORE ...

How do i get Harvard style referencing in word 2007?
Hi, I am currently writing my Dissertation for my University Degree. I have found the citation feature extreamly usefull as it automaticaly adds the referencing to my work. However, after speaking to my project supervisor, she has informed me that the citation style will not be acceptable as it is not "Harvard" style. I was wondering if there is an update that i can download to enable to have harvard style referencing in my work. I would apreciate any help that you can give. Thank you I suggest you speak again with your supervisor as there is no such thing as ...

always ask before opening this type of file greyed out 2007
Windows 7 64 bit Office Outlook 2007 Guest account turned off Logged in as Administrator When I try to open attachments (zip files for example) I get the warning box. There is a box "Always ask before opening this type of file?" that's checked but I can't uncheck it since it is greyed out. rickghouse wrote: > Windows 7 64 bit > Office Outlook 2007 > Guest account turned off > Logged in as Administrator > > When I try to open attachments (zip files for example) I get the warning > box. There is a box "Always ask before opening...

Newbie Quest. Regarding Patches For Money 2005 Deluxe Ed.
Hello: Really brand new at all of this. Have just purchased a new Money 2005, deluxe ed. Have read somewhere that there are several Patches that should be installed prior to actually using, or entering new data. Want to get off on the right foot. a. Are there patches that should first be installed ? b. Where do I go to obtain them, and how do I install them. Thanks, B. In microsoft.public.money, Robert11 wrote: > >Really brand new at all of this. > >Have just purchased a new Money 2005, deluxe ed. > >Have read somewhere that there are several Patches that should be...

Outlook 2007 Calendar
My outlook Calendar does not retain past appointments, etc. for more then a month . What am I doing wrong? I need to keep a record of the past appointments on this calendar. I do download it to a blackberry however I have set the phone to not delete these items but it still attempt to Help.-- jk905 ...

missing alias in outlook 2007
I have recently upgraded my vista notebook from outlook XP to Outlook 2007. with XP I had three aliases - one for me, one for my wife and a general one - that made it easy to apply rules for various emails. since the upgrade only my alias is getting picked up by Outlook, the other two are being left on the ISP whre we have to get them by web mail. Can anyone help? -- Mike Allen http://forums.slipstick.com "Mike Allen" <Mike.Allen.3za6ba@invalid> wrote in message news:Mike.Allen.3za6ba@invalid... > I have recently upgraded my vista notebook from outlook XP to Outlook ...

Activation of Publisher 2007 Trial
I downloaded and tried Pub trial. Then I followed instructions to convert/activate it. I obtained the product key online and at the same time it presented me with one download (Publisher2007Setup.exe) which I did and installed it. Then I tried to use the product key but when I choose Convert from Pub trial Help menu the window is titled "Microsoft Office Professional 2007 Trial" and when I get to the point of entering the product key it says it is an invalid key and Pub still says I have a trial version. I am running Vista Home Premium and Office Home and Student 2007. I ...

Word 2007 crashes
Sometimes word stop responding without performing any particular action. The error message that I have are: _____________________________________________________________________ EventType officelifeboathang, P1 winword.exe, P2 12.0.6514.5000, P3 wwlib.dll, P4 12.0.6514.5000, P5 NIL, P6 NIL, P7 NIL, P8 NIL, P9 NIL, P10 NIL. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. _____________________________________________________________________Hanging application WINWORD.EXE, version 12.0.6514.5000, hang module hungapp, version 0.0...

Cell display in 2007
After revising a formula in Excel 2007, the new number is presented overlaid on top of the previous number in the cell. If I minimize EXCEL and then then maximize, the cell data presents correctly. Formula, Calculation Options is set to Automatic. The size of the spreadsheet/file does not matter. I've only had EXCEL 2007 a few weeks and my PC is new. Our IT shop has changed PC's virtual memory to 5120-8192 with no improvement. There have been reports of a bug in a windows update for office 2007 November 10th Can cause "visual leaking" from one sheet to an...

How do I make a horizontal box & whiskers chart in Excel 2007
I need to make a horizontal box & whiskers chart. Most directions are for a vertical chart. I am using Excel 2007 Jon Peltier has a technique at http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BoxWhiskerH.html -- --- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "dw" <dw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7EA22AEA-C925-43D1-B895-DC103B8039B0@microsoft.com... >I need to make a horizontal box & whiskers chart. Most directions are for >a > vertical chart. I am using Excel 2007 ...

PowerPoint 2007 Hang problem
I'm tearing my hair out. I'm trying to insert a video file into PowerPoint 2007. It works on a colleagues laptop which is the same spec as mine but all I get is an hourglass. The .wmv plays find in windows media player. It hangs mplay32.exe. Where do I start? You probably need a codec. Head to http://www.playsforcertain.com and hit the Tutorials link. There is good information about troubleshooting and links to some codec packs.... -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2010? http://www.echosvoice.com/2010.htm Fixing PowerPoint Annoyan...

SharePoint Services 3.0 and Office 2007
It is my understanding that I might be able to leverage the sharepoint services 3.0 with Vista ultimate and Office 2007 to facilitate 'real time collaboration'. I would like to invite attendees through the calendar feature to view powerpoint presentations, MS Project milestones, alerts, tasks, etc. In Calendar, New appointment, invite attendees there is a 'meeting workspace' that I want to leverage. Looking for guidance on how to make this happen. Is there a way to establish a website on my own machine so that attendees can connect to it and view the ...

2003 Pivot table cache size limit in 2007 compatibility mode
Good day everyone. I create/use pivot table extensively at work, and some have huge caches imported from SQL server. Just recently I've just switched to Office 2007, and when I save the large files in compatibility mode (because most of my co-workers have 2003), I receive a compatibilty checker message that the size of the data exceeds limits and I will have significant loss of functionality (meaning when I save as a 2003 file, I lose the ability the refresh the pivot table once saved). The only choices I have is to save as a 2007 format, lose refreshability, or re-create the pivot...

Microsoft office 2007 uninstall
Hello everyone ! I have recently upgraded my laptop to a MSI with the windows 32 bits operational system. That system came with an evaluation version of microsoft office suit 2007 home & student. I was running on the evaluation version, and I figured I would buy a complete version, my friend lended me his installation C.D. and I installed microsoft office enterprise by mistake. Noticing my mistake I tried uninstalling the microsoft office enterprise, but it would not let me, saying there was a instalation file missing, and that I should try running it from the C.D. S...

Outlook 2003 to Word 2007
I currently have Outlook 2003 and trying to export the names and addresses to Word 2007 to create mailing labels. The only information transfering to the labels is one name and address (vs. all that I have selected using the export wizard). Is there a work around? It appears there may be some sort of compatability issue between the versions of different years. Thanks for your help. Not sure this will work. You usually need to have matching versions when using integration features. We cannot troubleshoot without your posting the precise steps you are using. Did you remember tha...

Is there an international version of Money 2004 Deluxe?
I live in New Zealand and I want to know if there is an international version of Money 2004 Deluxe that will work here i.e. can I select the NZ$ currency? Yes, there is an international version of Money. But any version of Money can support any currency as the base currency. The choice to be made between Money versions (US, UK, Int, Fr. etc.) is the language of the software, the tax rules for which it has knowledge and the investment possibilities it has. There's probably some others too - they just don't spring to mind. So, if you're an American living in NZ for a couple o...

Outlook 2007 and CRM Client on Citrix/Terminal Server (TS) problem
Hello all, A customer is running Citrix PS 4.5 , Office 2007 (since 3 days!). We installed CRM on the servers with Office 2003. All was working fine. But since the upgrade it started to fail. As an admin, we can repair and everything works fine. We used a modified TS install script (Vbscript). The most anoying problem (some is dutch), see under the line below: - Question: where does it check for the difference between profiles? HKCU? if yes where? - strange thing is it worked one time with this user and than logged of and back on again and this started to happen. This error is with ra...

Money 2007 Invoice Printing without US Dollar Symbol
My invoice looks great, when I view it in print preview the dollar symbol for all entries, including total are missing. This is also the way it prints, no dollar $$ symbols. I have designed my own invoice but even when I use an included template I get the same result. No defaults have been changed. As far as I know everything else in Money shows up as US dollars. Has anyone else had this problem? How did you solve it? ...

Relay Through Exchange 2007
I'm trying to get my SAN to send warnings and alerts to users in our SanAdmin DL. I have not been able to get this to work. I created a receive connector for this but it still wont work. I have enabled logging and I see a 501 5.1.7 invalid address - is it saying the the sender is an invalid address? I have the address in the allowed receive network portion of the receive connector: 2007-04-03T22:50:27.536Z,BS-MAIL01\AllowRelayDarnIt,08C94320003C21D2,6,10.110.8.220:25,10.110.8..220:30208,>,250-SIZE 10485760, 2007-04-03T22:50:27.536Z,BS-MAIL01\AllowRelayDarnIt,08C94320003C21D2,7,1...

2007 Report editor spurious errors; odd behaviors
I assume the behavior I am seeing is addressed many times over, but I don't find answers here. Can someone direct me to the necessary patches, upgrades, fixes, or whatever? The thing is unusable as installed (my company just "upgraded" and I am now dead in the water) 1) random error saying "the data you attempted to paste or insert is too large for the field" when attempting to run/preview reports. 2) abysmal performance - long "hangs" when changing fields 3) inability to handle linked captions separately - once the wizard puts them at top a...

Outlook 2007 keeps repeating/adding send tasks while sending/receiving
Hi all, I have Outlook 2007 installed on a XP pro PC. I have 1 account for a IMAP mailserver and a couple accounts for POP3 mailservers configured. Auto send/receive is disabled at startup (so I have to start in manually). Everything worked fine till some weeks ago. When I hit the send/receive button, all the configured accounts are added to the task list in the send/receive window. After all account are processed, all accounts are added to the task list again for sending, over and over again. I have a screenshot of that on http://www.raadselweb.net/temp/sendreceive.jpg Also, sometimes...

Office 2007 viewers for Mac
I am increasingly getting docx, xlsx and pptx files from colleagues but can't of course read them on the Mac. I read in the interview with the head of the MacBU @ Microsoft that viewers were coming but I haven't found anything since. Does anyone know any more? I believe most everyone expected to se the converters by now, but I'm afraid you know as much as any of us. The Mactopia site is the place to check periodically - I'm certain they will be posted for d/l there as soon as they are available. In the meantime the only option is to have the user re-send in 97-2003 for...

Exchange 2007 multiple email addresses
Hi We have Exchange 2007 running on a Windows 2000 server. A user wants to receive into the same Outlook inbox the various emails addressed to different email addresses. Back in the Exchange 2003 I'd go about giving mailbox rights. But in Exchange 2007 things are different. I tried creating separated mailboxes and AD users and added smtp addresses in one mailbox. When I try to send email it is returned undelivered. Here is the example: domain: mycompany.com primary email id: mymain@mycompany.com secondary email id: mysecondary@mycompany.com In the mailbox added mysecondary@mycompany.com...

Outlook 2007 hangs when opening word docs
Dear All, About 1 out of every 5 times when I open a Word Doc that I receive as an email attachment, my Outlook hangs, goes through a forced close, then reopens. Any ideas? Thank you- asf66 ...

Setting up an Outlook 2007 Exchange Account
I purchased a new HP pavilion 4135dx laptop. I installed my Office 2007 pro and activated it. I opened outlook and set up my pop3 accounts. my pop3 accounts work wonderful but I do not have a mail icon in my control panel to allow me to set up my exchange account. How do i set up an exchange account without the mail icon or how do i get the mail icon? Odd but can you go to the Tools menu > Accounts command to set the account up from within Outlook "L Lucchi" <LLucchi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D4688D62-FB46-48C9-BD6F-465B73FC7A10@microsoft.c...