2005 account update successful, but current data missing...

Am using 2005 Deluxe (14.0.120.1105) on XP Pro/SP2, IE6.0.2900. An account
update statement is successful (so it says), but account information is
incomplete. Have tried to repair file (quick/std), emptied TIF, deleted old
stmt, verified IE settings, and file associations.

Before spending $35 to call tech support,

1) Is there a way to "force" a download of all past data from the FI to the
existing account?

2) Although an account can be deleted, and then re-created by download, this
will not preserve any data that was entered by hand. How could I preserve the
"old" account before deleting, so manual entries can be saved?

3) How can the saved manual entries be then added back to "newly-created"
account?
0
SB1 (29)
10/17/2005 3:48:05 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Unable to populate a CStringList with data from another CStringLis
I am not able to populate a CStringList with data from another CStringList in an MFC application using VC++ 6.0. Any help would be appreciated. This is the MFC code from the view. It captures multiple file names from a File Open dialog and stores them in a local CStringList. The view then passes a reference to the CStringList to the document. void CVSD_INPUTSView::OnWetdep() { CStringList fileNames; POSITION pos; char* title = "Wet Deposition File Open Dialog"; CString filter = "DATA FILES (*.prn) |*.prn;| ALL FILES (*.*) |*.*; ||\0"; CWet_File openWetDep...

adding a Carriage Return or Line Feed character to an update query
I'm building an update query that will concatenate two fields and update the first field with the combination of the two fields. However, I would like to separate the two components with a blank line, or two carriage return or line feed characters. In Visual Basic, I'd use vbcr&vbcr to do this. How can I do this in an update query? Thanks in advance, Paul Paul wrote: >I'm building an update query that will concatenate two fields and update the >first field with the combination of the two fields. However, I would like >to separate the two...

Windows Vista SP2 clients of SBS 2008 hanging on startup problem since update
On all of the laptops running Windows Vista Business SP2 on our Windows SBS 2008 network, it is taking several hours to startup ever since the March 9th Small Business Server client update. It hangs there with the "Please wait" message for over 30 minutes. Most of the users encountering this indefinitely long wait have tried to break out of it and shut down and restart their laptops. When this happens, Windows Explorer hangs and they spend all day trying to restart their systems. Only when the system is started without the network, will it finally make it to the Windows...

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Online Help update available for Download
Hi All! The Microsoft Dynamics CRM content development team responds to the documentation feedback entered at the bottom of every Online Help page in Microsoft CRM. This feedback is incorporated into regular updates that are available on the Microsoft Download Center. An update was just posted this week that contains changes based on customer and partner feedback during the months of December and January. You can download it at: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=309129a8-9a6b-478a-87c8-fd7e7e1e6486&DisplayLang=en. Good luck! Crystal L. Smithwick Microsoft Dyn...

XML2005 program additions/updates --discounts available till October 10 -- cheap airfares
XML 2005 - Atlanta Hilton Hotel - Atlanta, GA - November 14-18, 2005 http://www.xmlconference.org Register prior to October 10 and take advantage of the early-bird registration fees. http://2005.xmlconference.org/registration IDEAlliance has announced the following program additions/updates for XML 2005: XML Master Class Series -- IDEAlliance in its continued efforts to provide groundbreaking services to the XML community are introducing the XML Master Class Series the first of which will be held at XML 2005. The Master Class Series brings together successful XML use cases presented by use...

Replacating successive dates a week at a time?
My work week starts on Tuesday. I would like to have my worksheet show column A-1 row starting with the date 05/25/04, the A-2 cell immediately below it 06/01/04 and so on. Can I replicate this with out having to type the date for each successive Tuesday through the year? With appreciation Jerry (newbie to Excel) Hi Jerry, Assuming, A1=05/25/04 Put this formula in A2 and copy it down as far as you need to: =A1+7 Hope this helps! In article <unNAalPREHA.3528@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>, "JER" <jer@home> wrote: > My work week starts on Tuesday. I would like to h...

Current Issues Article Archive
A growing archive of fascinating media articles on current issues & affairs. Available at Arcis Foundation Website: www.arcis.co.uk/php/ -- Posted by News Bulk Poster Unregistered version ...

lines between data points
I created a chart in an earlier version of Excel (probably Excel 97). The Chart has one data series ploted as a line chart with data points and lines between the datapoint visible. In the original version of the chart I was able create a break in the line by simply turning off the line for a particular selected data point. When I recieved Excel 2002, the charts I had created earlier looked different. Now instead of a break in the line, there is a line which points from the last datapoint with a line to the next data point with a line, skiping any datapoints that have thier lines d...

Compare 2 rows of data and update the first
I have 2 lists both have the same data in each (account names). Th first list is the master and the second list is a new accounts list. I would like to compare the second list to the first one and if th account is not in the first list then I would like it added to list 1. The second list changes frequently so I am looking to automate thi process. I am able to do vlookups to check for matches but I am unsure of how t perform the additional tasks of updating. Is there a simple solution with formulas or do I need to insert macro/program? thank you for your time and help, Bob -- Message ...

Turn off Auto Portfolio Update
I have MS Money 2006...please would someone tell me how I can turn off auto updating of the portfolio? I know most people want this service, but I only want my portfolio prices updates when I'm ready. In microsoft.public.money, TXArch wrote: >I have MS Money 2006...please would someone tell me how I can turn off auto >updating of the portfolio? I know most people want this service, but I only >want my portfolio prices updates when I'm ready. Un-tick Portfolio->UpdatePrices->UpdateAutomicallyEvery__Minutes. From the portfolio manager page, go to Update Price...

how to make a chart with data from all the pages in a workbook?
I have a workbook with eleven pages, how do I make a chart with the data across all eleven pages? Jon Peltier has instructions for creating charts from data on different sheets: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ChartDataFromDifferentSheets.html Data across workbook pages wrote: > I have a workbook with eleven pages, how do I make a chart with the data > across all eleven pages? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

CRM Shortcuts toolbar missing
Hi, I am having problems with CRM Sales for Outlook. The CRM toolbar and CRM folders have disappeared. I have uninstalled and reinstalled CRM and SQL Server MSDE, and still have the problem. The CRM Shortcuts item that normally appears under the View/Toolbars menu has disappeared. I can still access the CRM Website without any problems. The only articles that I can find relevant to this issue on the Internet refer to CRMADDIN.DLL, and mention removing/adding this DLL. I don't know how to go about doing this, but I have checked that the DLL exists on the hard drive and it appears ...

Money 2000 Data File Not Converting Into Money 2007
When I open my old Money 2000 data file in Money 2007, Money offers to - and subsequently goes through the process to - convert it to Money 2007 format. It says that it's completed successfully, yet after it's finished, nothing's there !! No accounts, no bills - nothing !! And the original file has been changed or replaced (thank God I have backups !!!) because it won't go through the conversion process a second time if I try to open the file again. I haven't been able to apply SP1 and SP2 (see my other post in this forum) so I don't know if this issue is fixe...

VS.net 2005 broke my client code that posts xml over http to asp.n
After upgrading from VS 2003 to VS 2005, my stable VB client code that posts xml over http to an aspx page stopped working. Somehow, asp.net (or IIS) is expecting the root url to be http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema, not http://www.w3.org/2000/10/XMLSchema as shown below. <root xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2000/10/XMLSchema" <root xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" Is there a way to tell asp.net or IIS which xml version it should work with? -- Thanks Jay Jay wrote: > After upgrading from VS 2003 to VS 2005, my stable VB client code > that post...

? Scraping XML data from web page
I have a web browser object that points to a web page that has XML data on it. How do I take that text and save it into a file? If I do webBrowser.DocumentText, it gives me the code that creates the Xml document displayed on the page (doesn't look like HTML either), so How can I directly get the text that is displayed on the web page? ...

Data Validation #4
In excel I want to validate a cell where no more than 14 digits should be entered. And I want another cell to be validated to be entered as text only and any number should be restricted? Please help me with this. Not sure how to do it. Thanks Select cell1 and DV>Allow>Whole Number 0 to 14 Select cell2 and Allow>Custom =ISTEXT(cell2) Where cell2 is your cell reference like A1 Note: this does not prevent someone entering a number preceded by an apostrophe which Excel thinks is text. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 12:54:04 -0700, Liz <Liz@discussions.micro...

Web collection missing
When I click the drop down for "search in" I am missing the web collection item and check box. How do I set up publisher to use this collection? I just discovered that I didn't have the online resources enabled. Under "see also" at the bottom of the help page, click online content. ...

create list to enter data in cell
What I want to do is: when I select a cell I want a list of choices to come up to choose from. I then pick the item and it is entered into the cell. I saw in one of excel websites and I cannot figure out how to do it. Would appreciate any help. Harvey Try this: Select the cell where you want this to happen Goto the menu Data>Validation Allow: List Source: the source can be a range of cells like =A1:A5 or you can type them in separated by a comma like Joe, Sue,Bob,Tom,Lisa Make sure In-cell drop down is checked OK out -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Harvey" <hsm162@cs....

Exporting CSV data and using semi colon instead of comma
Does anybody know of a way to export data in excel as a CSV file and use a semi colon(;) as the separator instead of a comma (,)? I can do it through a macro, but don't want to use that if I don't have to. Thanks Michel Try changing your Windows Regional settings. Windows Start Button|settings|Control Panel|Regional Settings Applet Number Tab|List separator Don't forget to change it back when you're done. It's a windows wide setting. And if you do decide to go the macro route: Earl Kiosterud wrote a text export program. It's available at: It's available...

FWD and Exchange 2003 Users email to external POP3 account?
Would someone be kind enough to outline the steps required to automatically fwd an Exchange 2003 Mailbox to an external POP3 account (Crackberry). This user only has OWA so creating an Outlook rule won't work. You can do this without an Outlook rule by creating a Contact with the external email address as the targetAddress, and forward the user's email to the Contact from user properties | Delivery Options. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Rick S." <Rick ...

Office 2004 11.5.0 Update and cursor problem
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel The only new thing on my Mac in the last 24 hours was this and my cursor became completely unresponsive (I'm in Safe Mode right now in order to use it). It was stuck in the lower right corner of the screen and I couldn't actually get it to go anywhere for longer than 1/2 second before it would go back to the corner. Is it possibly an issue with this update and if so, how do I remove the update without removing all of Office? "ladyaurora@officeformac.com" wrote: > The only new thing on my Mac in the...

Insert data based on match
i need to search for an occurence and when found insert a comment in the next column. i.e. So when EW is found in column A the letters EW will be written into Column B Col A Col B Int EW Med EW Adv BC Any hints or help would be gratefully appreciated would a lookup table and using VLOOKUP() function be any good -- Brian ----------------------------------------------------------------------- BrianB's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=5 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27037 ...

Filtering Data in Excel
Why can't I filter my imported data in Excel? Is that a trick question? I think you have to a give a little more information on what you mean, what does not work as expected, what kind of import, what are you trying to do? -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Idunno" <Idunno@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4AF855A3-F697-4AEA-A1A5-3EDB7D0627FD@microsoft.com... > Why can't I filter my imported data in Excel? ...

Data searching between sheets
I want to make language libruary where I can retrieve all my past entries in tow different sheets. When I type keywords into the self-made searching box, the corresponding results will show up. (Not excel built-in search function Ctr-F please!!!! ) Anybody out there can give me direction where should I get started?? Please Help!!! Thanks -- YJL ------------------------------------------------------------------------ YJL's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28693 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=483782 Maybe ...

2005 using Poclet PC for first time
I just upgraded Money 2001 to 2005 Standard on the PC and got the PPC up and running. It took some long hours at the PC to get used to the new layout, but I am okay with all the changes--just takes some getting used to. I am happy that more of my banks are now online with Money so I can import balances!! SO--on with my major question/comment. I was surpised when I did sync with the Pocket and opened up Money on it and I entered a bogus transaction on the PPC and come to find out, I CANNOT DELETE IT. Is this normal?? I found it to be aggravating and a pain. Am I missing something? Wil...