2004 vs 2006 handling of "Server price update problem"

You know when the server doesn't update the prices in your copy of
Money, but the prices ARE available elsewhere/ the next day at MSN ? (
Like last night)
NORMALLY , in M2004 that night I can see the "price change column" is
correct but the price was not updated, and I do it manually ( like I
just did)

So for Fidelity Low Priced Stock I change see that it went up by $0.07
and since it WAS 41.74, I know the new price is $41.81 so I update it
and all the other funds too.  ( BTW when I need to do this, prior to
starting Money, I change the date on my PC back to "yesterday", so the "
Today's total change" column is shown for those that were updated
online- I can skip those).

This morning when I opened M2006 the  "price change column" shows UNCH
yet the price of the fund IS correct. That's something that I hadn't
noticed before. So with the same info provided by the server, M2004
updates the  "price change column", yet doesn't update the price. M2006
updates the price and shows it as "unch".  Anyone else with another
version notice a difference ?

SO, if this is now true, I could open M2006 - take a snap of the screen
and update M2004 on the other PC manually without doing the math in my
head ( like ... it WAS 72.38 and it went down $1.79 so the price is ...)

0
bobb146 (122)
6/29/2006 1:50:39 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow