2004 to 2005

2005 created alot of bogus duplicate accounts with negative balances and
e-pay and a-pay are not an option any longer in pay bills even though billpay
is active.  Been on the phone with tech support 4 times in the last week last
time they said they'd call back with an answer--it's been 3 days.  Anyone
have any ideas?  I'm a longtime user of money and like it but 2005 has really
messed things up.  Tech support has created alot of backups on my comp. hard
to tell if I have any good ones anymore.  Thanks
0
Twarp6 (6)
10/16/2004 5:11:02 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Sorry for the duplicate but error came up on posting and said to "try again
later" but I guess the error message was in error

0
Twarp6 (6)
10/16/2004 5:21:05 PM
Had a similar problem, if you can go back to the original XXX.12 file that
was first created when you upgraded and copy it then copy it again (for extra
backup) and rename the 2nd one to XXX.mny.  MAKE SURE you DO NOT have a
connection to the internet, open the file and turn off sync with MSN (all
other syncs seem to work for me but the MSN sync the second time I did it
would duplicate entries in many of my cash or banking accounts)...  No idea
when the sync issue will be fixed but hopefully this will get you going
again...

Doug4515 (774)

Disable Money 2005 automatic updates?
When starting Money 2005, it automatically updates my investment portfolio by checking prices online. While doing so, the program nearly freezes and will hardly let me do anything until it has downloaded the current prices. In Money 2003, there was an option to disable automatic updates on startup, but I can't seem to find it in 2005. I still want to update occasionally, but not everytime I start the program. (Therefore I don't want to block Money from always accessing the internet.) The wait at startup gets more annoying by the day. Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks. ...

Money 2005 Account number displays as xxxxx
I have just upgraded from Money 2004 STD (Australia). All my account numbers in the 'accounts list' dialog box display mainly as 'xxxxx. My account numbers are alphnumeric. They are correct when I open the individual accounts. Does anyone have a work around or know of a fix for this bug? Rgds - Pete This is nothing more than stupid knee jerk pseudo-security. R-click and go to the account settings and it will look correct. "Peter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1b3e01c4ac1c$02961af0$a601280a@phx.gbl... >I have just upgraded ...

Linking Ameritrade Brokerage in 2005
Can anyone tell me why when I had my Ameritrade Account in Microsoft 2005, my "Investment Transactions" tab says I have a huge account balance in the millions, while the "Cash Transactions" has the number excactly right in the thousands! I don't have any positions, yet Money 2005 thinks I have them for some reason. When I add my transactions in Money 2004, it reads them in fine, but in 2005 it keeps sayin "Note: because you have shares of 0 and are selling 1000, we are going to add 1000" - or something to that effect. How can I get it to stop doing t...

Be aware! No return from 2005 trial
I was bombarded with upgrading propaganda, and after I installed the 2005 trial version, I decided to keep my old version, but it didn't let me return, upgrading the .mny file version AND the back up. I lost months of data and work. Have you looked for the .M12 file? "Darcio" <Darcio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:950B6A90-2E91-4C18-8F63-202575095972@microsoft.com... >I was bombarded with upgrading propaganda, and after I installed the 2005 > trial version, I decided to keep my old version, but it didn't let me > return, > upgrading...

Money 2004 online updates
I am trying to restore a backup money file into Money 2004. After this finishes it automatically dials into my bank and starts reconciling my account. I don't want any statements automatically downloaded. I basically just use Money as my computer checkbook and to send electronic payments. Is there any way to stop this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. In microsoft.public.money, Linda wrote: >I am trying to restore a backup money file into Money >2004. After this finishes it automatically dials into my >bank and starts reconciling my account. I don't want ...

Statements download to wrong account in Money 2005
When downloading my checking account statement into Money 2005, it downloads it to the wrong account. It downloads it to a closed (in Money) account. How can I get the statement to download to the correct account in Money? In microsoft.public.money, Miller Man wrote: >When downloading my checking account statement into Money 2005, it downloads >it to the wrong account. It downloads it to a closed (in Money) account. >How can I get the statement to download to the correct account in Money? If OFX Web statements are placed in the wrong account, check http://support.microsoft....

money 2004 ie6 problem
when i try to install money 2004 small business edition, the installation program attempts to install internet explorer 6 which is already installed. it comes up with an error and suggests installing it manually from the cd.when i try to install it manually, it will not install because it says there is a newer version already installed. how can i get round this- can i uninstall ie6, or is there any other way? got it! Copied the cd to my hard drive and it installed no problem, no error messages. "J" <cattj@sasktel.net> wrote in message news:8bac0bf0.0308081606.6a60856@p...

Money 2004 Password
I recently installed 2004 standard edition on my unit. After a few weeks on non use, I forgot my original password to access the program. I have tried to re- install the program, but it still requires the original password. Any comments or ideas on how to re-set the password? Evan e.sakellos@att.net Hi Evan You didn't say if you had data in the file or not. You could always delete the file by doing a search for *.mny. You should come up with at least two files, one being the sample file and the others would be files you created. Right click the file, scroll down to delete and t...

Remote Desktop in Microsoft Office 2004 folder
I work at a community college in Canada. I teach Graphic Design and use a Apple G4 Laptop running OS X 10.4. While I was looking through some folders recently I noticed a folder called "Remote Desktop" buried in the Microsoft Office 2004 folder. Has anyone ever seen this folder when they installed Office unto their system? I checked it out on the web and it seems Remote Desktop is made by Apple as a way to manage computers linked on a server. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. College Professor wrote: > I work at a community college in Canada. I teach Graphic Design ...

Repairing file in 2004 vs 2007
I've run into a problem, which may force me to upgrade to 2007, something I was hoping to avoid. I'm running Money 2004. Recently, Money froze while closing down, and I had to force a shutdown to get my system to reboot. When I attempted to open money again, it told me that the file hadn't been properly closed (which makes sense, as Money froze), and attempted to repair it. Money then told me that it couldn't repair the file. I attempted to run the Salvage Tool that comes with Money 2004. After digesting the file for about 4 minutes it gives up, and tells me the fil...

MS Money 2005 Deluxe Problem
I cannot fully record all dividends in a stock without a “NA” appearing for the account’s Annualized Return. I downloaded MDAC_Typ.exe version 2.81 sp1 and received a fatal setup error on the operating system. I ran SALV.exe that was unable to salvage the file with a possible error 0x800a138f. The log reported “Broken records in system table” – I re-installed Money 2005 with no success. - I need some help – edwardoo@msn.com. It seems virtually every file reports "Broken records in system table." Ignoring it seems like a decent plan. There used to be a setting for suppressing ...

Money 2004 downloads duplicates
I have been using MS Money for many years and always purchase the latest version. Currently I am using Money 2003 Standard with the online features enabled. Recently I have been noticing that Money seems to downlowd duplicate account activity from my Credit Union. For example a transaction which I have already accepted will show up again. I delete that entry and the next time I open Money (through Passport login) that transaction appears again. This is happening on all three accounts I hold at that particular Credit Union. Any ideas? Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, Alexander Cleaver wrot...

Passing dates to Sql Server 2005 stored procedure
Hi, I am trying to execute a SQL Stored procedure from Excel using VBA. Apart from 2 string inputs, this proc also accepts two datetime imputs. When these dates are passed via VBA, they are in the format "dd/mm/yyyy. However, the SQL Server does not seem to accept dates passed in this format. Applying different date formats in VBA does not help because eventually when the dates shoot from Excel to SQL Server, they are in the format "dd/mm/yyyy". I don't want to change the regional settings of the machine, since it will only be a temporary solution. This is...

Revert data from 2005 to 2002 UK version?
I 'upgraded' to the UK 2005 version about 2 years ago, but it is now failing to connect to my online banks. I seem to remember some in- built obsolescence in the online features so I presume this is the problem Is it possible to revert the data file back to the 2002 version? IIRC, there was a warning about upgradings not being backwards compatible when I loaded the 2005 version. If that is so, what is the best way to revert the data back to the 2002 version? thanks dg In microsoft.public.money, dg wrote: >I 'upgraded' to the UK 2005 version about 2 years ago, but it is...

from IP-to-Country Database to Office 2004
A friend in CA told me to download IP-to-Country Database; but after downloading, I could not open it on my OSX Imac because of what Apple Tech Support said was a non-supportable csv file. But, the Apple gal added, that possibly Microsoft Entourage might solve the problem, but she was not sure. So I downloaded Office 2004 11.3.5 and 11.3.6 update; but found none of these major downloads opened either. And when I tried to open Office from Application, I got an exclamation message indicating: The installer could not locate the correct version of the software required to install this update. See ...

2004
Microsoft Money 2004 Windows XP Professional (fully service packed) After importing transactions from my bank, I click "OK", it goes to the account list with transactions to read in parenthesis, I click on an account and it "has encountered a problem and needs to close." When I reopen Money the transactions are not in any of my accounts, but are still listed as "to be read". I have changed the view between "all transactions" and "unaccepted transactions" and nothing helps. They seem to have been lost in limbo. If I go and import the sam...

Outlook Web Access doesn't work with Norton Internet Security 2004
Hi - Can anyone tell me what ports are being blocked or what software is being prevented from being loaded by Norton Internet Security 2004 when my users try to run Outlook Web Access with Win2000/Exch2000? Thanks, -- Mark Bertenshaw ...

Money 2005
I have all my accounts on the Advance Register. I had butchered them pretty badly, but I now have everything balanced. Along the way, I think I turned off automatically balanced. Once I accept and categorize all downloaded transactions, I want to balance the account. Where do I do this? I've been spinning on it for 2 hours. I don't want to have to go through the standard "balance this account" where I enter a date and amount. I want to balance it against the data downloaded from my institution. Where is this hidden :) I know I've seen it!! In microsoft.publi...

Money 2005 Question
Just installed Money 2005. Every time I start it, it tries to go to the internet. I've shut off auto updates, but it still does it. Any way to stop it. Frank You might want to enable the update for Money... "Frank" wrote: > Just installed Money 2005. Every time I start it, it tries to go to the > internet. I've shut off auto updates, but it still does it. Any way to > stop it. > Frank > > > You might want to let it do that, as that is how updates to M2005 program get downloaded. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips &am...

GP 10 with SQL 2005 Express #2
I am trying to update from GP 8 MSDE to GP 10 SQL 2005 Express. When I log into GP it says that I am only registered for MSDE. Isn't SQL 2005 Express the same basic thing? Do I need new unlocking keys for Express? Help!! Joanne Mahoney Sdn Consultants There is no charge but you need to contact Microsoft to get new registration keys for using SQL 2005 Express. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Joanne" wrote: > I am trying to update from GP 8 MSDE to GP 10 SQL 2005 Express. When > I log into GP it says that I am only registered for MSDE. Isn't SQL > 2005 Express the sa...

Visual Studio 2005 with SP1 Issue
I have an application which loads the Property Pages from another DLL. In First Propertypage I have a timer which runs every 5000/1000 mille seconds and query USB port to find one of the status of unit connected. If I build this application in Visual Studio 2003 (installed in XP) and run the binary in Vista it works fine. If I build this application in VS2005 with SP1 & Vista patch installed in Vista Machine, I get an assert. When I debug the application, in one place there is a comment from Microsoft (Windows code) "Warning: Creating dialog from within a COleControlModule appl...

Money 2005 logs you out of Passport online
A few people have posted this question already, but there is still no answer. When I open Money 2005, it automatically signs me out of my .net passport online (even if I check the box "sign me in automatically"). Is this a known issue yet? Is there a fix? ...

Office 2004 error message
I had to initialize my MacBook Pro and reinstalled everything. I am unable to use any of the Office 2004 applications because I keep getting an error message, "An unexpected error occurred while trying to load the Microsoft Framework Library". I cannot find a way to uninstall and reinstall the office programs, and can't figure out any other way to fix this problem. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated, since I really don't want to start all over again without knowing what is creating the problem. On 4/8/07 9:53 PM, in article 1176094437.296015.266390@y66g2000hsf.g...

Savings account transfer
There seem to be two ways of transferring money from my cheque account to my savings account. I can create a transfer transaction in my cheque account by selecting the from and to accounts from the dropdown. Or I can create a debit in my cheque account and select a category of transfer:savingsAccount. 1. Why are there two ways of doing the same thing? 2. is one better or newer than the other? 3. which one should I use for this type of transfer? Phil If I follow correctly what you are saying, they both end in the same place and are just different ways of accomplishing it "marryot...

2004 money deluxe file on win XP trying to open in money plus on V
I have recently transferred from XP to Vista - also upgraded to money plus. I cannot open my file in money plus. The one I did get opened there is nothing there. Do I need to export from old computer? I have no CD drives working so I can use the easy transfer cable. I thought I did transfer my money file but when it opens it is blank. HELP! In microsoft.public.money, Sweet P wrote: >I have recently transferred from XP to Vista - also upgraded to money plus. >I cannot open my file in money plus. The one I did get opened there is >nothing there. Do I need to export from...