.Net passport account and MSN Money website

I am attempting to start over with my money account
because of problems converting to 2005.  When I link the
account to my passport account it brings all the old
recurring transactions to the new account and they are
WAY old.  Is there any way to clean them from the MSN
money website before I associate my .net account with my
money file?.  When I go out to moneycentral to view my
reccurring bills and deposits nothing is listed.

Thanks for any help.
0
anonymous (74722)
10/4/2004 11:54:57 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

This is supposed to be accomplished by resetting the data.  Log in to the
Passport you want to clean out and then go to
https://moneycentral.msn.com/banking/accounts/pss/accounts.asp

Now, when I have attempted to do this for the past month or so, with any of
my Passports, I get an error telling me the MSN Servers are unavailable and
to try again later... However, about a week ago I posted here asking if
anyone else was having this problem and I received some responses saying
that it was working just fine.  Good luck.

Larry

"Mike S" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am attempting to start over with my money account
> because of problems converting to 2005.  When I link the
> account to my passport account it brings all the old
> recurring transactions to the new account and they are
> WAY old.  Is there any way to clean them from the MSN
> money website before I associate my .net account with my
> money file?.  When I go out to moneycentral to view my
> reccurring bills and deposits nothing is listed.
>
> Thanks for any help.

Larry,

I get the same error this morning: "There was a problem connecting to the
MSN Money server.
Please try again later."

When you say "it's working just fine", do you mean "the reset succeeds in
spite of the error message,", or do you mean "it's working fine for other
people?"

Thanks!

-Doug

0
nospam7515 (2084)
10/4/2004 4:58:17 PM
You state this is suppose to happen when clicking on
reset?  The only accounts that are listed on the link
provided are the ones that are valid.  My problem is that
when it syncs after creating a new account it is showing
Recurring transactions that are dated back in 2002, which
is probably when I set the account up.  So if I
understand you correctly, reset these account and this
will clean the recurring accounts as well?

0
anonymous (74722)
10/4/2004 5:25:55 PM
Other users have stated that they do not get the error message.

When I do it, or Microsoft does it, it gives the error message.  They aren't
sure why, but it appears that there is some problem with the data in
combination of the server.

The issue also prevent MS Money from deleting the data from the server.
This means that my financial data is stuck on the web and no way to get it
off.  I have been working on this issue for a few weeks now... they claim to
still be working on correcting the issue however in the mean time have not
offered any real usable solutions.

I suppose we will have to sit and wait.

Larry

"Dougbert" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Larry,
>
> I get the same error this morning: "There was a problem connecting to the
> MSN Money server.
> Please try again later."
>
> When you say "it's working just fine", do you mean "the reset succeeds in
> spite of the error message,", or do you mean "it's working fine for other
> people?"
>
> Thanks!
>
> -Doug

When you use this tool, it is supposed to erase all MSN Money data from the
servers.  This includes all accounts, bills, portfolio info, etc.  And of
course, once you do it (if it works correctly) there is not a way to undo
it.  This should not affect your data in you MS Money file, which of course
means after you do the reset, then you can just re-enable MSN Synch in your
Money file if you want the data there.

If you need to remove duplicate account transactions or accounts that can't
be removed with a mere delete, then you can use the "Troubleshooting" tools.
This can be accessed with the link "Troubleshooting" at the bottom of the
accounts list in MSN Money.

Word of advice, if you plan to reset the data on the MSN servers, you may
want to ensure you have disabled the "Access your data from other computers"
option in the Settings for Money.

> You state this is suppose to happen when clicking on
> reset?  The only accounts that are listed on the link
> provided are the ones that are valid.  My problem is that
> when it syncs after creating a new account it is showing
> Recurring transactions that are dated back in 2002, which
> is probably when I set the account up.  So if I
> understand you correctly, reset these account and this
> will clean the recurring accounts as well?

Money Upate SS Number
Al of a sudden when I try to update my portfolio ZoneAlarm warns that my computer is trying to send My social Number. If I answer No I don't get the updates. Is this a new Feature or what. I believe some Banks use your SS number as username. Nothing to do with Money - it's what your Bank demands for you to use on-line services. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Suggestions mnyukwsh@microsoft.com "PapaFrank" <maglick69@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:KdOdnb00...

Two profiles sharing one email account/pst?
I have a laptop, Win XP Pro & Office XP, that I use at work logging in as user/domain. At home I log in as user/laptop. The first time I used it at home & tried to check mail (mail was originally set up at work), it went through the motions to set up a new email account. Surely, I can share the same mail account or pst between profiles, but how? Thanks find the pst from work on your computer - if windows explorer, tools, options, view hidden files and folders is not set to show hidden files and folders, change it and then browse to C:\Documents and Settings\work_username\Local Setti...

Web upgraded money recover
I downloaded the 60 day trial of Money 2004 6 months ago. I then used the web upgrade to get the full license. My hard drive crashed this week. I have backups of all my money files. My problem is, how can I get a replacement of my web upgrade? I already paid once, is there someone I can call at MS to get a replacement license key, or do I have to purchase it again? Search postings for newsgroup microsoft.public.money using an advanced search at http://groups.google.com. You will find your answer there. And next year, please just go buy the CD like us other folk. "Ian" <ia...

Money 2004 #9
Just 'upgraded' to Money 2004 from Money 2003. One stock investment I track in Money has had several splits over the years. M2004 increased my number of shares by approx 40%. No other investment I track seems to have this problem. As I have the last M2003 entries backed up, I suppose I could try to remove M2004 then reload M2003; then upgrade to M2004 yet again. Has anyone had a similar problem? Any workarounds known? ...

Money 2004 and Norton Antivirus
When I installed Money 2004 it said I need to setup my antivirus software to work with Money 2004, but when I followed the link, I couldn't find any information on how to do it. I've searched Microsoft's site, but still can't find any information. Has anyone found anything about using Money with antivirus software? "Steve" <steve2896@hotmail.com> wrote in news:#1gyCI7VDHA.624@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl: > When I installed Money 2004 it said I need to setup my antivirus > software to work with Money 2004, but when I followed the link, I > couldn't f...

Earn money without investment
Are you looking for money without investment? Get paid to view ads. Any one can do this simple ad viewing job. Also earn per referral. No experience required. All you need are computer and internet. Earn handsome income from the comfort of your home. Hurry up! Join today. Visit for details. http://viewbestads.com/ref/MjA5NzYyaXY= ...

Project accounting info for vendor does not exist on version 9
We have 15 companies, of which only ONE company uses project accounting. User ID does NOT have access to the alternate POP window to show project information. Why are we receiving the error that the vendor does not have PA info setup, when we are not using PA in this company? How do we shut this off for window that is not showing PA? As well in the company that will be using PA, if the PA info does NOT show on the window, we are entering regular POs therefore we do NOT want any PA info for the vendor. ...

unable to access mail after re-enable account
Hi, After enable an disable account and change its password, it can login to its mail account. What's happening. Is it normal? Thanks a lot What is the error message when user tries to access mailbox? Does the user still show in ADUC has having Exchange attributes? Have you looked at the MB using ESM to see if it is disconnected? "Raymond" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:136c01c46f11$d16f8390$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > After enable an disable account and change its password, > it can login to its mail account. What's hap...

Contracts for Account and sub-account
Hi, I don't find how to relate cases of a sub-account to active contract lines of its parent account? Development needed ? Thank you ManU ...

Business investment accounts?
Does anybody know how to add an investment account under the business catergory? Money forces you to make them personel accounts and I am becoming extremely frustrated. Doesn't anybody at Microsoft realize that companies make investments too!? I am new to this program, but I cannot find it either. My guess is that = Home and Business is designed for small home businesses that are not too = far along. If your company is far enough along to have its own = investment accounts (are you incorporated?) then you probably need to go = to something like Quickbooks and separate your business a...

MS money 2004 Deluxe canadian edition
Is there a money 2004 deluxe canadian version? I have found the Standard edition everywhere, but not the Deluxe. I am using the trial version and it will expire soon, but when I try to buy the Canadian version, MS Money keeps taking me to US only version purchase options. The MS Money web site couldn't have been less helpful. Derrick In microsoft.public.money, Derrick wrote: >Is there a money 2004 deluxe canadian version? I have >found the Standard edition everywhere, but not the Deluxe. No Deluxe. > >I am using the trial version and it will expire soon, but >...

Money 2006 file repair application error

Microsoft Money 2007 Deluxe Canadian version?
I have been looking for Microsoft Money 2007 Deluxe Canadian version and I cannot find it. Where can I get one? There isn't one. See http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/422.aspx -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "masai" <masai_chadi@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:op.tm81u5pvdvcnul@dikutoto.gv.shawcable.net... >I have been looking for Microsoft Money 2007 Deluxe Canadian version and I >ca...

Unable to restore Money file in MM 2006
Greetings once again all... Recently I have had to restore my computer and am now not able to use the money file I previously backed up, no matter what I try. It either asks me for a password or when I do manage to open the money file by clicking File>Open and browsing for the backed up money file, it constantly asks me for my password and when I enter it it tells me that it's wrong even though I am signed in with it in Windows Messenger. And when I do manage to get beyonde the sign in screen it does not display any of my accounts. Could anyone please help? Elaine...

Reinstalling Money 2004
Back in 2003/4 I tried the 2004 Trial and then upgraded online. My hard drive just went bad, so I'm reinstalling everything on a new drive. How do I re-activate 2004 from the trial install? I don't have the non-trail download. I do have my activation code. If you go to tools... upgrade money... it take me to a website that redirect you to buying Money 2006. Thanks. Did you keep your confirmation email? I believe the activation page would be listed in there. The web pages that support the activation should still be up, but I think you need to navigate to them directly. Th...

How do I tell if Frontpage was used to design a website?
The developers of my website are long gone and I know nothing about what they did. I think it was deisgned in Frontpage, bit am not sure. Once I know that I would like to "convert" it to something that would allow me make changes to the site easily...maybe a visual website designer..is there such a thing? To see if your website is designed in FrontPage a Link to your website will help us. CoffeeCup.com Say:: Visual Site Designer is a WYSIWYG Website creator and editor that helps you make WebPages with no experience or HTML knowledge. Just drag and drop images or ...

what is the name of a sub form download from microsoft website
i need to add a sub form to a form created in access. i tried to start the wizard but the feature is not currently installed. i try to install but it is looking for a disk for me to insert. i do not have a disk to insert. can i go to microsoft website and download the sub form feature for access? if yes, what is the name of the download. Are you sure it is not installed? Open your main form in design view. Click the Toolbox button in the menu at the top. There are two buttons at the top of the Toolbox, an Arrow and a wand. Is the Wand highlighted. If not, click on it then click on th...

Can I delete everything on MSN Money?
Hello, I seem to have lots of problems syncronizing my MSN Money information with the web. It seems to work fine for a few months, then, for no reason, I start to get syncronization errors. I have signed up for multiple passports, because when these problems start, it seems that I get tons of multiple accounts. For example, on my one MSN Money account I have 15+ old accounts that I can't delete. 1. How do I delete ALL of the information out on MSN Money for my passport account? 2. How do I keep the syncronization from breaking in the future? Any tips or advice would be g...

Only one line in Money invoice
I have been using Money 2007 Home & Business to create and print invoices. This program has run with no problems for some time. However, just recently, it will only allow one item to print on the invoice. I can enter more than one item, and the invoice entry will show the additional items, but when printed only one item will show up. I have tried backing up my Money file to a spare disk, deleting the program and the associated mny and mbf files from the computer, reinstalling the program and reloading the backup. The same fault immediately occurs. Strangely, I have now installed the sam...

Download of Money 2005
Downloaded 2005 and keep getting error message that Setup was unable to install some of the components needed to run money. Try installing money again. I tried and tried. It will not work. Called support-held for 30 mins.-no answer. What now? ...

Money 30 Day Money Back Guarantee; instructions.
I tried out Money 2004 Small Business with an idea I might switch from quicken 2003 Home and Business. For a number of reasons that involve primairly invoices and Stock transaction updates, I'm sticking with Quicken. I purchased Money at Staples. At that time I asked the clerk about returning the product and he said I 'd have to deal directly with Microsoft. On the Money box there is a Money-Back 30 Day Guarantee Seal and that's all. No specific instructions as to what to do, where to send etc. If someone has this information please share it or directl me to where I might it...

MS Money for Palm OS
Hi there Is Money 2002 available for the Palm OS? Any resources/links would be appreciated Thanks Ian Mick Any version of Money? 2002? "Mick" <alaskan@cox.net> wrote in message news:09a001c3d46b$8a447fc0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Ian, > > I have looked into various Palm OS finacial softwares. > None would sync both ways, either with Quicken or Money > except for one. It's called Ultrasoft and can be found at > http://www.ultrasoft.com/ > > It syncs with Money (not Quicken) and allows me to input > data either into Money or Ultrasoft on my Pa...

Grant admin rights to user account
Can I create user account in GP and grant the same capabilities that sa user has to that account (e.g the new account can create another user account) ? Hi qwerty What version of GP are you runing? Fliehigh "qwerty" wrote: > Can I create user account in GP and grant the same capabilities that sa user > has to that account (e.g the new account can create another user account) ? Hi Fliehigh, I use Version 9. "Fliehigh" wrote: > Hi qwerty > > What version of GP are you runing? > > Fliehigh > > "qwerty" wrote: > > > C...