"there has been an error reading or writing the file"

I have been having numerous problems lately with my Mny delux 2005. 1.
portfolio does not show correct "Market Value" of most securities most of the
time, 2. Lines listing securities on portfolio manager are duplicated and
change upon being floated over by the mouse curser and 3. the program blows
out after displaying the error message, "there has been an error reading or
writing the file" after folowing the intructions at:
http://help.msn.com/(ZmlsdGVyPUNEX0RMWCZwcm9qZWN0PW1vbmV5MDUmbWFya2V0PWVuLVVTJmN1PSZ0bXQ9dG1wOUYudG1wIC0gTWljcm9zb2Z0IE1vbmV5JmtjPSZmb3JtYXQ9)/help.aspx?querytype=topic&query=MONEY_ACCOUNTS_TROUBLESHOOTINCORRECTACCOUNTBALANCES.HTM#
to "Troubleshoot incorrect account balances" by "Reveal[ing] a hidden
transaction by using the Account Transactions report."
I have read:
"http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?query=%22there+has+been+an+error+reading+or+writing+the+file%22&dg=microsoft.public.money&cat=en_US_fda0f23c-f299-4019-86c6-e1998434d20d&lang=en&cr=US&pt=&catlist=&dglist=&ptlist=&exp=&sloc=en-us"
but, as you know it was no help and I have attempted to correct the problems
with the file repair features but it didn't help either.  Any other
suggestions?  Thanks.

Pentium 4 3.06GHz
738 MB of RAM
Microsoft Money 2005 Delux Version 14.0.120.1105
WinXP
MS Money user since about 1998
0
ScottB1 (5)
12/28/2006 2:11:01 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

There has been an error reading or writing the file
I am using Money 2005 and when I try and create a report for Account Transactions I get the error message mentioned above. MS article 281865 confirms this problem and asks that the report be customized. My problem is that Money shuts down without giving me a chance to customize the report. Please help ...

"there has been an error reading or writing the file"
I have been having numerous problems lately with my Mny delux 2005. 1. portfolio does not show correct "Market Value" of most securities most of the time, 2. Lines listing securities on portfolio manager are duplicated and change upon being floated over by the mouse curser and 3. the program blows out after displaying the error message, "there has been an error reading or writing the file" after folowing the intructions at: http://help.msn.com/(ZmlsdGVyPUNEX0RMWCZwcm9qZWN0PW1vbmV5MDUmbWFya2V0PWVuLVVTJmN1PSZ0bXQ9dG1wOUYudG1wIC0gTWljcm9zb2Z0IE1vbmV5JmtjPSZmb3JtYXQ9)/help...

There has been an error reading or writing the file '.'
I've the Money Deluxe 2004. When I go to the Reports (Account Transations, Payee, ...) it crash and give me that message. How can I resolve? thanks ...