"No Default Printer Installed"

I have recently migrated from Windows XP to Vista 64 Ultimate.  Money Plus
Home & Business Installed and runs fine, but I am not able to print anything.
 When I try to go to print setup even I get the message:

"No default printer is installed.  To install a printer, you need to switch
to the Microsoft Windows Control Panel..."

I have a printer installed and it works fine from other programs and is set
as the default printer.  In fact, I have several printers installed, included
the Acrobat printer where I normally print my invoices to PDF, but nothing
appears to register.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times but the problem persists.
Does anyone have any ideas?
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

I am having a similar problem.  It is only showing 1 printer, despite I have
several in my Windows setup, and it is not changing even when I change my
default printer.

Need some solution to this soon.

"Chris Honeysett" wrote:

> I have recently migrated from Windows XP to Vista 64 Ultimate.  Money Plus
> Home & Business Installed and runs fine, but I am not able to print anything.
>  When I try to go to print setup even I get the message:
>
> "No default printer is installed.  To install a printer, you need to switch
> to the Microsoft Windows Control Panel..."
>
> I have a printer installed and it works fine from other programs and is set
> as the default printer.  In fact, I have several printers installed, included
> the Acrobat printer where I normally print my invoices to PDF, but nothing
> appears to register.
>
> I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times but the problem persists.
> Does anyone have any ideas?
0
NN (5)
3/2/2009 3:39:02 PM
<topposting fixed>
nn | 2009-03-02 | 9:39:02 AM wrote:

>"Chris Honeysett" wrote:
>
>> I have recently migrated from Windows XP to Vista 64 Ultimate.
>>Money Plus  Home & Business Installed and runs fine, but I am not
>>able to print anything.    When I try to go to print setup even I
>>get the message:
>> "No default printer is installed.  To install a printer, you need
>>to switch  to the Microsoft Windows Control Panel..."
>>
>> I have a printer installed and it works fine from other programs
>>and is set  as the default printer.  In fact, I have several
>>printers installed, included  the Acrobat printer where I normally
>>print my invoices to PDF, but nothing  appears to register.
>>
>> I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times but the problem
>>persists.   Does anyone have any ideas?
>
>I am having a similar problem.  It is only showing 1 printer, despite
>I have several in my Windows setup, and it is not changing even when
>I change my default printer.

I used to run into this all the time when I was running a helpdesk.

 * The first thing to try is to update the drivers.
 * If that doesn't work, delete the printer, then let Windows
rediscover it.
 * If that doesn't work, uninstall the printer and reinstall it from
the discs. You'll probably need to update the drivers after this step.

If these don't work, the problem is more esoteric--maybe overwritten
DLLs, bad registry values, incorrect file permissions, or corrupted
files.

--
Steve Bell
New Life Home Improvement