[Money 2004] Entering stock lots

I closed one account and transferred the stocks to another new account.
In the new account there was a Transfer In transaction. I made the
mistake of deleting the old account and lost the cost data. I can get
the info from the backup, of course, but can enter in the lots for
stocks without recreating the old account?
0
none632 (1)
4/10/2004 12:39:27 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Possibly going back to MM 2004, any advice?
Ever since I got Money 2005 I have had some big concerns about this software. The bugs are so many and obvious that I really can't believe they released it this way. However, I am a pretty tolerant person and can put up with a lot so I kept using it (about 2 or 3 months now). I decided not to return within the 30 days because even if I don't use it I felt the free year subscription to Experian Credit Manager and Money magazine was worth it. I am now seriously thinking of going back to Money 2004 but was wondering if there was a less painful way than opening up the old file a...

microsoft money #10
I tried to open Money on my computer (version 2003) The original page was replaced by Microsoft. How did this happen? How to I get my original files? What "original page"? What makes you say it "was replaced by Microsoft"? Have you tried opening your original files? (Money File|Open or double-click on them from Windows Explorer.) "DR support" <DRsupport@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB8D2DDB-8EA1-4665-A875-D19A468B19AA@microsoft.com... >I tried to open Money on my computer (version 2003) The original page was > replaced by Mi...

Money 2004 Upgrade Problem
I've been using Money 2003 small business. When I put in Money 2004 Standard it converted my files to 2004. I want the full small business functionality but now cannot open my files in 2003. The error reads: "Money cannot locate '(file name)' or cannot open it, possibly because it is a read-only file or you do not have permission to change it or your disk drive is write protected." I know the file is not read-only and is not open in another program. I also have the permission to change files on my computer. Does anyone have any suggestions for what to do? I'm prett...

Problems with reports on Money 2004
I am having problems getting onto the reports page as everytime it crashes. I have tried to repair using the disk and uninstalled and re-installed and it still doesn't work. I am told that there isn't a new UK version available so I cannot upgrade. Can anybody help In microsoft.public.money, Jayne Morris <Jayne Morris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am having problems getting onto the reports page as everytime it crashes. I >have tried to repair using the disk and uninstalled and re-installed and it >still doesn't work. I am told that there isn't a ne...

Money 2004 Backup file
Hi Is there a way to specify a folder in the 'backup' options in Money 2004? For instance, I would like to backup to my zip drive which is drive R. But it doesn't give the option to specify a folder in that drive, just saves it in the root folder. Thanks Dan In microsoft.public.money, Dan wrote: > >Is there a way to specify a folder in the 'backup' options in Money 2004? >For instance, I would like to backup to my zip drive which is drive R. But >it doesn't give the option to specify a folder in that drive, just saves it >in the root folder. ...

Can Money store bill balances?
Can money store my bill balances? For instance if I only partially pay a bill, I'd like to see what my balance is. Only if you create a liability account, record the bill as a liability, then pay all or part. The balance of the liability account is the balance of the bill. -- Chris Cowles Gainesville, FL "BDK" <BDK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:298D90B7-A9CC-4F60-B598-196D52517C16@microsoft.com... > Can money store my bill balances? For instance if I only partially pay a > bill, I'd like to see what my balance is. See also http://u...

Import data from Money 2002 to Excel
Hi, I'd like to import some transactions history from Money 2002 into Excel. Does anybody know how I can do this? Thx. In microsoft.public.money, Nick wrote: >Hi, > >I'd like to import some transactions history from Money >2002 into Excel. Does anybody know how I can do this? Prepare a report in Money and right-click into it. You can copy and paste or choose Export.... For more sophisticated information access, search Google for Moneylink. ...

Determine when Enter Key is pressed in a sheet??
I want to determine when Enter key is pressed in a sheet that is active?? I would like then to run a macro when the Enter key is pressed ?? The Enter Key is not a capturable event. Worksheet change is This added to the individual worksheet in VBA will trigger when ever the sheet is changed. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target as Range) 'Do Stuff End Sub If you are going to make changes to the sheet using this event is is usually a good idea to turn off events at the start and then turn them back on at the end. Otherwise the changes trigger this macro again....

Money 2007 deluxe backup issue
for some reason Money is breaking up my backups to my 4gb usb flash drive around the 3 mb area - i have compact data checked - regular files are 8 & 12 mb are there settings to change to prevent this from happening there is plenty of space on the drive it names the file xxxd1 when i used my gigabank 8gb drive it did not do this but alas it died when i just try to continue on the 4g it says already used insert me medium advise please thanks In microsoft.public.money, tony wrote: >for some reason Money is breaking up my backups to my 4gb usb flash drive >around the 3 mb area...

Money 2000 Windows XP SP2 Password problems
Hi. * I have reformatted my hard drive (On a Compaq Table TC1000) & reinstalled Windows XP Pro Tablet. * I have then installed the Windows XP SP2. I then restored my backups, which included my mny data file from Money 2000. * I then (amongst other software installs) installed Money from the original CD. * When I tried to start Money, it asks for the password as usual BUT it doesn't accept the usual password. * I have checked that it is the right file, checked Caps Lock, typed carefully several times - to no avail. * Are you aware of any problems with Money 2000 & SP2? I...

CLick on Box to enter time of day
I have a worksheet where payment is entered in column C. I would like to use Column B as a time stamp. In other words as soon as data is entered in C5 then the exact time comes up in B5. When data is entered in C6 then the exact time cones up in C5. I do not want this time to change even when the page is saved and opened later on. Elfego You can enter a static time in a cell by hitting CTRL + SHIFT + ;(semi-colon) You could also use event code to enter a static date when you enter something in a cell. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) 'when entering data in ...

CRM 3 Talking Stock & Finance Software
Hello all, I want to integrate MS Crm 3 and our stock & finance software Any body can help me ? Stock software using MS Sql Server DB. they have installed same server. for example When i create an account in stock software or CRM account must be create both. How ? I'd look into the following to support your integration requirements: 1. 3rd Party Microsoft CRM Integration software with ODBC support such as Scribe Software: http://www.scribesoftware.com/mscrm.asp 2. Microsoft CRM SDK to custom build the integration: v3.0 SDK: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa682866.as...

Time entered (and handled as data) in simple minutes and seconds.
Using Excel 2003. How can I get Excel to display and handle entries for duration in minutes and seconds only (without having to enter a 4'30" entry as 0:04:30)? I have gotten as far as getting it to display as "04:30.0", but all I need is single digit minutes (data on this spreadsheet will never go over 9:59) and double digit seconds (and to be able to enter them simply as in "4:30"). I couldn't find that as an option in the ones listed for time in the cell format dialogue box. Right now I have to enter 0:04:30 in order to get it to work right. Is t...

Transcation cannot be entered
When I try to entery a bill transcation I receive the following Message. "this transcation cannot be entered" What is the fixed on this? thanks See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q104 "groupvi@aol.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:063701c3d956$2ef6b1c0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When I try to entery a bill transcation I receive the > following Message. "this transcation cannot be entered" > What is the fixed on this? ...

Money 2005 #34
Perhaps I don't quite understand how to use Money, it's all new to me but this is my question, When I create an invoice and I receive that invoice into my business account it shows as "payment for invoice" but when the check for that invoice is deposited into my bank it shows up as 2 deposits when I download info from the bank. I can't get them to "match" as the "payment for invoice" does not show as an income. Am I missing something? -- Any help will be greatly appreciated, MtnMaine I'm sorry to hear that you are having this problem because...

Explanation of Money Performance Report
If i run a perfomance report there are 2 columns for judging performance - "%Rate of Return" & "Annual % Return". I am having a problem understanding the meaning of each column. If I run the report for exactly 1 year then both columns show the exact same numbers for indexes such as Dow Jones Indutrial Average or Nasdaq Composite which I have in my watch list. In the same report for exactly 1 year the 2 columns have very different numbers for my stocks and mutual funds. For example I have a mutual fund which shows 1.28 for % Rate of Return and 21.32 for Annu...

Excel 2004
Version: 2004 Processor: Intel I have had trouble getting the Macros to work on a workbook developed in Excel 97-2003. It prompts me to either Enable Macros, Disable Macros, or another request I can't quite recall. I clicked &quot;Enable Macros&quot;, but the macros won't run. Is there a Security Center as there is in version 2007 for Windows? Is there something I'm missing? Thanks. <br><br>Chris ...

Money 2005 UK 'My Money' homepage
Does the UK version of Money 2005 have all the same options for synchorising account data onto the internet via the 'My Money' web page, the same was as the US version does? I keep being told that my accounts information is being uploaded to 'My Money' on the web..but can't find head nor tail when I sign on with my net password. Any thoughts... thanks The UK version has much much less of the online stuff that the US version has. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK t...

Upgrading from trial to Money 2005
I've installed a trial version of Money from the Microsoft website and having used it successfully decided to by the 2005 version. I'm having problems when I install 2005 - it says it's going to back up my data file and then convert it but when it tries i get the message that it can't find the data file or it may be write protected. I've checked the data file and it's not write protected and 2005 is definitely looking in the right place for it. Can anyone help please as I don't want to lose the data i've set up. Thanks in advance Tracey In microsoft.pu...

money 2004 canadian and norton antivirus
Can't install because of norton antivirus Turn off Norton Antivirus? -- Will you sponsor me in the Tour de Cure? http://main.diabetes.org/site/TR?pg=personal&fr_id=1058&px=1626087 "Sylvain" <sylvain.savage@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:083401c358ef$094794e0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Can't install because of norton antivirus ...

problem with opening a money file <WEIRD>
I have used money 2005 for a year. Couple days ago I had to format my hard drive and install Windows XP a new. I saved my money mny file and the backup to it in the safe place. When I installed MS Money on my new system and tryed to open my mny file it displayed this error: --------------------------------------------------------------------- Money cannot locate 'filename' or cannot open it, possibly because it is a read-only file or you do not have permission to change it or your disk drive is write protected. If you have chosen the correct file and it cannot be accessed, you wi...

Money 2003 D&B
Whenever I try to start the Money 2003 d&B Invoice Designer, either from within Money or from the Start/Programs/ Menus, I get a series of Window Installer error boxes that say it "Can't load file" and refers to a SerialNumber.DLL file in a temp directory. After clicking on OK 9 times, the Invoice Designer starts. This is getting a little aggrevating having to clck OK 9 times just to start the program. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Money 2003 D&B without success. Can any body offer a solution? BTY, I am running WinXP Home, SP1. Thanks. ...

Item stock inquiry (GP10, BRL Ess)
I have imported item quantities (adjustments). I see Qty In 106, Qty Out 0, Balance 92. Why I get the 14 difference? I did Check Links and Reconcile already. Thanks, -- TS Are you sure the 14 are not allocated to sales orders or unposted invoices? Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "Toni" wrote: > I have imported item quantities (adjustments). I see Qty In 106, Qty Out 0, > Balance 92. Why I get the 14 difference? > I d...

problems with backup files for money 98
i recently purchased a new pc, and installed my version of money 98, and it does not recognize the backup files i saved on a cd-rw, however, it does bring them up on my old pc. when attempting to start up money, it displays a message that says 'cannot locate D:Financials....., this may be due to the file being read only. you can change this in windows explorer by changing its properties' i have been able to open money, but cannot retrieve the files of my accounts. i have saved it (the backup files) to the hard drive, and it says the same thing. this problem is critical as t...

Earn Big Money
Your source for Internet Training, Net-Marketing Training, Internet Success, and Comprehensive Internet Education Fulfill Your Dreams! Thanks for taking a look at our introductory page about Internet training, Net-Marketing training, Internet advertising, Internet success, Internet education, and advertising and marketing tutorials! Click on these links to find what you're looking for regarding Internet training, Net-Marketing training, Internet success, Internet education, and Advertising and Marketing tutorials. We've tried to make our web site about Success On The Internet the v...