"Balance account" used to automatically clear downloaded transactions but stopped doing so #2

This month when I went to balance my checking account, whose
transactions are imported from a download file, the balance window
came up with E marked for all downloaded transactions and I had to
manually check them all cleared.  Previously downloaded/imported
transactions up to the closing statement were already cleared by
Money.  What do I have to change to return to that situation?

Also...had an error in the statement opening balance, so restored my
previous backup and the balance went o.k.  However on line update
is stuck in progress.  There was a message about having to reset up
online services if the original set up was allowing access from a
public computer, which it was not, so any idea why "update in
progress" remains after many, many minutes?  Unless there is a problem
with the Yodlee(?) server affecting everyone.

TIA
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

investments
In Money 2005, in the investments area, where can i find the balance account feature? In the regular accounts area (checking etc) its under common tasks -- but i can not find it in the investment area. thanks The Money view is one doesn't balance investment accounts. Personally, I do check that share balances match at the As Of dates. I do it by hand using data from portfolio view. "mnt" <mnt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC688C7A-0DB6-45B8-B133-2AEF5FBD4067@microsoft.com... > In Money 2005, in the investments area, where can i find the bal...

Balance Account Issues...
I have Microsoft Money Plus and have been using the Money suite of applications for over 4 years. Today, when I went to go and balance my checking account via... * Common Tasks * Balance This Account * Clicked Next * Typed in the Statement Date and Ending Balance and Clicked Next * I checked all my "Cleared" transactions and clicked "Next" when my balance was "0". Nothing happened! I tried balancing my savings account and it works fine, but my checking account won't balance. Any ideas? Thanks On Nov 9, 3:48=A0pm, neal.m.s...@gmail.com wrote: > I ...

Print AP Summary Trial Balance with active zero balance accounts.
The AP Summary Trial Balance report will not let you print all active vendor accounts, including those with zero balances. If you select to include zero balance vendors, the report also prints inactive vendors with zero balances. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the mess...

Cannot Balance Account
I have been using various versions of Money since September 2001 and have never been able to use the 'Balance This Account' feature successfully. I have recently begun downloading statements into Money, but still the 'Balance This Account' doesn't work. I repeatedly get the 'Starting Balance Discrepancy' screen. I tried balancing to 11/30/07 by entering the starting/ending balance right from MSMoney and it still says the starting balance is wrong. I've gone back to the beginning and entered the account's starting balance from 9/1/01 and tried just...

"Balance account" used to automatically clear downloaded transactions but stopped doing so #3
This month when I went to balance my checking account, whose transactions are imported from a download file, the balance window came up with E marked for all downloaded transactions and I had to manually check them all cleared. Previously downloaded/imported transactions up to the closing statement were already cleared by Money. What do I have to change to return to that situation? Also...had an error in the statement opening balance, so restored my previous backup and the balance went o.k. However on line update is stuck in progress. There was a message about having to reset up online se...

Can't balance account.
Hi Everyone, I'm having problems balancing my savings account in Money 2003. I enter all the necessary information in the Balance Savings dialog box, and when I click Next nothing happens. Instead of going to a window where I can mark transactions that have cleared the bank. I'm still stuck in the Balance Savings dialog box. Thanks for any information anyone might be able to provide. JW ...

Former Quicken user can't balance account
I switched from Quicken to Money 2005 about six months ago, and I'm still pretty new at this. For the first time, I tried to balance my account today, starting with a bank statement from last January. I entered the statement date, starting and ending balances. Everything works fine, except I'm not sure I understand why Money complains about a large difference between my statement and the register. The balance in the register on the starting date of the statement roughly equals the starting balance of the statement. Same thing near the ending date -- the register and stateme...

How to balance account when missing a statement?
I never got my August statement, and just got my september statement? How can I balance my account effectively? I just did it, and it asked if I should put the 250+ dollars that is screwed from not having my previous balance, now it says Im in the whole 250 dollars, yet I should be + 70 dollars on my checking.... You can't ask your bank for a copy of the month that you're missing? Most banks will allow you to even download it over the internet. I would say that would be the best thing to do. -- Bruce "BoDEAN" <jbo@not_a_valid_email_addy.com> wrote in message news...

finance chgs to zero balance accounts
I ran my customer statements, which provide way too much info in my opinion, and found several accounts with finance charges on zero balances. I checked and none of the activity on the accounts were over 30 days old before payment was made so there shouldn't have been finance charges applied at all. Has anyone run into this before? What can I do to fix this, if anything? --Tracey ...

Money 2004 Balance Account question
In Money 2003 and prior, the left hand side of the balance account screen showed counts and totals for Deposits and Payments, as well as the total and difference between what was marked as cleared and what the difference from the statement is. Now, in Money 2004, the view is simplified to just state "The difference between your statement and register is: ..." and no further details are provided. Is there a flag in Money 2004 to restore this view to its previous (more useful) state, or is this another feature casualty in the name of progress? I have screen shots if desired: http://...

"Balance account" used to automatically clear downloaded transactions but stopped doing so #2
This month when I went to balance my checking account, whose transactions are imported from a download file, the balance window came up with E marked for all downloaded transactions and I had to manually check them all cleared. Previously downloaded/imported transactions up to the closing statement were already cleared by Money. What do I have to change to return to that situation? Also...had an error in the statement opening balance, so restored my previous backup and the balance went o.k. However on line update is stuck in progress. There was a message about having to reset up online se...

Unable to balance accounts
In talking to one of your tech reps yesterday, he suggested I take this route to get some additional help. I haveen using Mone Deluxe for "03 & '04. I purchase '04 because one of the feature mentioned was easier balancing of accounts. I have not found that to be the case> Since I also use Quicken I can compare the two functions very easily. I never have a problem balencing an account in Quicken. On the other hand I can never get money to properly balance without making some kind of adjusment, which then screws up the account. My next step is to delete this &quo...

Balance Account and Cleared Column
OK, When I download transactions from the bank I get an E in the cleared column. However, I am balancing to a paper statement. The video shows that when you click the blank in the Cleared column, a little "C" appears. When I click a blank I get a check mark. My download process is basically to export a QIF file and pull it into money. I am a little suprised that their are blanks since should not everything be an E as either a new transaction or one that is accepted? I must be doing something wrong. Any help greatly appreciated. ...

Balance account autoreconcile
I'm using money 04, been using it, with several upgrades since 99 and have 2 questions about the account balancing "autoreconcile" feature. Has anyone ever seen it work? I ALWAYS get a "Cannot autoreconcile" message. how does it work/what logic does it use in it's autoreconcile magic? ...

money 2005 balance accounts
Is there any way to un-reconcile a statement, such as from a credit card co. Thanks Ron Unmark the reconciled transactions. You will have to tell the Balance genie the correct dates. It should get the starting balance right if you un-reconcile the right transactions. This assumes downloaded data is NOT involved. "rekeene1" <rekeene1@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:kE98h.4560$x9.504@bignews3.bellsouth.net... > Is there any way to un-reconcile a statement, such as from a credit card > co. ...

Balance account question: totals for deposits and checks?
One feature I liked in Money 2000, was that the balance account dialogue provided a running total for both deposits and checks. This very helpful, because if I was out of balance, I could tell if the problem was one one side of the ledger, the other, or both. It's annoying that In Money 2006, those are gone. Have they returned in 2007 by any chance? Nope, and it's greatly missed. -- Michael Gordon MVP "Garry" <Eli1962@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1159149547.696580.11150@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > One feature I liked in Money 2000, was that the b...

Can't Balance Account
Installed Money 2004 on new computer, transferred money file from old computer to new computer. Everything appeared to be fine. Acount balances and transactions appearred to be correct. End of month, have paper bank statement. Went to Balance this account, Beginning balance was correct, entered ending balance, service charges, and interest, clicked next. Button flashed and next screen did not appear. Tried this with several other accounts, exact same result. This all used to work just fine on the old, slow machine. Any ideas????? Have a look to see whether this KB article helps you: h...

Balance account
when I go to balance my checking accout, many if the line items are "pre-checked" (i download transactions). this makes it tough to work with my statement to balance the account. I have to uncheck each manually. is there a way to keep this from happening? Don't download transaction data? <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:796a01c3ee97$a029eb40$7d02280a@phx.gbl... > when I go to balance my checking accout, many if the line > items are "pre-checked" (i download transactions). this > makes it tough to work with my statement...

balance account
When I balance the account I may have 75-100 checks to clear. It is a PITA to clear each one individually. Is there a way to "clear all" and then proceed with balancing the account? TIA for any words of wisdom. In microsoft.public.money, Don wrote: > >When I balance the account I may have 75-100 checks to clear. It is a >PITA to clear each one individually. Is there a way to "clear all" and >then proceed with balancing the account? Try holding the space bar down, or use space bar plus down-arrow to be more selective. Poking the space bar can also toggle an ...

"Balance account" used to automatically clear downloaded transactions but stopped doing so
This month when I went to balance my checking account, whose transactions are imported from a download file, the balance window came up with E marked for all downloaded transactions and I had to manually check them all cleared. Previously downloaded/imported transactions up to the closing statement were already cleared by Money. What do I have to change to return to that situation? Also...had an error in the statement opening balance, so restored my previous backup and the balance went o.k. However on line update is stuck in progress. There was a message about having to reset up online se...

Balance Account Window
Hello - I just upgraded to Money 2004 from 2003. My question is about Balancing my account - In previous versions I could see an on going sum and count of deposts, withdraws in the left hand paine. In 2004, I only see a difference between register and statement and nothing else. The help video from 2004 shows sum and count of deposits and withdraws. I really need to see the deposits and withdraws, how can I turn them on? Thanks! Jeff They changed it for who knows what reason. Dumbing down? There is no way to get the old display. "Jeff Geller" <jgeller@micorosft...