How to subclass an MFC window?

Is there any easy way of overriding the responses to some messages to a
CWnd-derived object buried deep within MFC?

One reason for the question is:

In the old days CMainFrame was derived from CMDIFrameWnd and this had a
member

HWND m_hWndMDIClient;

To draw the background of this window I used to do a

SubclassWindow( )

on it, and with my own CWnd-derived object, respond to WM_ERASEBKGND
messages.

Nowadays CMainFrame is derived from CMDIFrameWndEx and this has a member

CMDIClientAreaWnd m_wndClientArea;

and (I think) because a CWnd object already exists for the MDI client area,
then SubclassWindow() doesn't work on it.

A second reason is that CMFCToolBar etc come with a customisation property
sheet, and I am considering what I might do to override one of its property
pages.

[I used to think that I knew MFC quite well - but all these new classes have
thrown me somewhat!]

Dave
--
David Webber
Mozart Music Software

David
6/25/2010 3:14:02 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

>Nowadays CMainFrame is derived from CMDIFrameWndEx and this has a member
>
>CMDIClientAreaWnd m_wndClientArea;
>
>and (I think) because a CWnd object already exists for the MDI client area,
>then SubclassWindow() doesn't work on it.

I wonder if you can handle the message some other way - perhaps in the
application's PreTranslateMessage handler?

Dave
0
David
6/25/2010 3:54:23 PM

"David Lowndes" <DavidL@example.invalid> wrote in message

>>Nowadays CMainFrame is derived from CMDIFrameWndEx and this has a member
>>
>>CMDIClientAreaWnd m_wndClientArea;
>>
>>and (I think) because a CWnd object already exists for the MDI client
>>area,
>>then SubclassWindow() doesn't work on it.
>
> I wonder if you can handle the message some other way - perhaps in the
> application's PreTranslateMessage handler?

Sounds like a plausible idea for one message for that particular window -
thanks.

But it sounds pretty horrible for a whole property page and all its
controls.    BUT.....

Please forgive me if I think aloud here, as something might be dawning on me
in real time as I type.

The App Wizard has given me:

void CMainFrame::OnViewCustomize()
{
  CMFCToolBarsCustomizeDialog* pDlgCust
        = new CMFCToolBarsCustomizeDialog(this, TRUE);
  pDlgCust->EnableUserDefinedToolbars();
  pDlgCust->Create();
}

so I can derive a class from CMFCToolBarsCustomizeDialog, and use that
instead.

This is a property sheet with a number of property pages, including

  CMFCToolBarsKeyboardPropertyPage*  m_pKeyboardPage;

which allows the user to set a new keyboard shortcut.   No whilst I can't
easily get at the property *page*,  the property *sheet* (which I *can*
subclass) has lots of virtual members, including

    virtual BOOL OnAssignKey( ACCEL *pAccel ) { return TRUE; }

It *looks* like this gets called with the newly selected accelerator, and I
can do what I want with it and return FALSE to tell MFC to ignore it!

This is looking very promising!!!!!!!!

Background:
Shortcut keys like ^ > + - are very useful mnemonics for music applications.
Equally Ctrl+> etc are very useful shortcuts.
But I want it to appear as Ctrl+> on the menu, and not Ctrl+Shift+.
And I want to define these shortcuts for all national keyboards (even if >
isn't Shift+.)
Accelerators are not up to the job, so I rolled my own method, built into
WM_KEYDOWN and WM_CHAR processing.  Maybe I *will* be able to integrate it
with the new customisable toolbars!!!!
A nice thought on which to end the week (especially as I'm out all weekend
playing on bandstands.)

Dave
--
David Webber
Mozart Music Software
http://www.mozart.co.uk
For discussion and support see

David
6/25/2010 5:30:15 PM
This is remarkably ugly, but something like this should work...

First, have a window subclass that you want.  I'll call it CMySubclass

void CMyApp::RedrawClientArea()
   {
    CMySublcass w;
    w.Attach(m_wndClientArea.Detach());
    w->Invalidate();
    w->UpdateWindow();
    m_wndClientArea.Attach(w.Detach());
   }

Overall, this is pretty gross.  Also, I have not figured out quite where you would need to
call this, but I'd suspect this is one of the interesting uses of PreTranslateMessage,
looking for a WM_PAINT directed to the client area (in that case, the Invalidate() would
not be required)
				joe

On Fri, 25 Jun 2010 16:14:02 +0100, "David Webber" <dave@musical-dot-demon-dot-co.uk>
wrote:

>Is there any easy way of overriding the responses to some messages to a
>CWnd-derived object buried deep within MFC?
>
>One reason for the question is:
>
>In the old days CMainFrame was derived from CMDIFrameWnd and this had a
>member
>
>HWND m_hWndMDIClient;
>
>To draw the background of this window I used to do a
>
>SubclassWindow( )
>
>on it, and with my own CWnd-derived object, respond to WM_ERASEBKGND
>messages.
>
>Nowadays CMainFrame is derived from CMDIFrameWndEx and this has a member
>
>CMDIClientAreaWnd m_wndClientArea;
>
>and (I think) because a CWnd object already exists for the MDI client area,
>then SubclassWindow() doesn't work on it.
>
>A second reason is that CMFCToolBar etc come with a customisation property
>sheet, and I am considering what I might do to override one of its property
>pages.
>
>[I used to think that I knew MFC quite well - but all these new classes have
>thrown me somewhat!]
>
>Dave
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
Joseph
6/26/2010 9:53:55 PM
"Joseph M. Newcomery" <newcomer@flounder.com> wrote in message

> This is remarkably ugly, but something like this should work...
>
> First, have a window subclass that you want.  I'll call it CMySubclass
>
> void CMyApp::RedrawClientArea()
>   {
>    CMySublcass w;
>    w.Attach(m_wndClientArea.Detach());
>    w->Invalidate();
>    w->UpdateWindow();
>    m_wndClientArea.Attach(w.Detach());
>   }
>
> Overall, this is pretty gross.  Also, I have not figured out quite where
> you would need to
> call this, but I'd suspect this is one of the interesting uses of
> PreTranslateMessage,
> looking for a WM_PAINT directed to the client area (in that case, the
> Invalidate() would
> not be required)

I vaguely wondered about something like that.  When it says that
SubclassWindow only works for an HWND with no CWnd attached, the immediate
question is why?   The next question is - well if we remove the attached
CWnd, what then?

If we take your suggestion one step further:  suppose I derive CMySubclass
from the CWnd-derived class which was attached in the first place.  Then I
could detach the original and attach mine, and leave it attached, with no
apparent penalties.   But if it is as easy as that, why doesn't
SublassWindow just do it?   I guess the originally attached class may itself
have some data necessary to the correct functioning of the window?

I feel I am walking on eggshells here.

Dave
--
David Webber
Mozart Music Software
http://www.mozart.co.uk
For discussion and support see

David
6/26/2010 10:39:23 PM
See below...
On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 23:39:23 +0100, "David Webber" <dave@musical-dot-demon-dot-co.uk>
wrote:

>"Joseph M. Newcomery" <newcomer@flounder.com> wrote in message
>
>> This is remarkably ugly, but something like this should work...
>>
>> First, have a window subclass that you want.  I'll call it CMySubclass
>>
>> void CMyApp::RedrawClientArea()
>>   {
>>    CMySublcass w;
>>    w.Attach(m_wndClientArea.Detach());
>>    w->Invalidate();
>>    w->UpdateWindow();
>>    m_wndClientArea.Attach(w.Detach());
>>   }
>>
>> Overall, this is pretty gross.  Also, I have not figured out quite where
>> you would need to
>> call this, but I'd suspect this is one of the interesting uses of
>> PreTranslateMessage,
>> looking for a WM_PAINT directed to the client area (in that case, the
>> Invalidate() would
>> not be required)
>
>I vaguely wondered about something like that.  When it says that
>SubclassWindow only works for an HWND with no CWnd attached, the immediate
>question is why?   The next question is - well if we remove the attached
>CWnd, what then?
****
When an HWND is placed in a CWnd-derived class (as the m_hWnd), an entryis made in the
handle map for that thread.  If, in the future, someone delivers an HWND (say, a message
is received), the way the methods are found is to use the handle map to obtain the CWnd*
pointer; in the case of message dispatching, from the CWnd* reference, the message map is
found.  Note that in general if the lookup fails, a *temporary* CWnd* reference is
generated, which is deleted in the CWinApp::OnIdle handler.  This is why there all all the
warnings about the CWnd* reference being temporary, and that it must not be stored.

So you cannot have an HWND mapped to two different CWnd-derived objects.  Hence the ugly
detach/attach code I gave;  the Attach code creates a new mapping of an newly-unattached
HWND.

Note that when an Attach (or SubclassWindow, which ultimately does an Attach) occurs, the
handle is looked up in the handle map.  It had better return an error coden (handle not
found), otherwise, there is an ASSSERT failure that there is an attempt to create a handle
map entry for an HWND which is already mapped.
*****

>If we take your suggestion one step further:  suppose I derive CMySubclass
>from the CWnd-derived class which was attached in the first place.  Then I
>could detach the original and attach mine, and leave it attached, with no
>apparent penalties.   But if it is as easy as that, why doesn't
>SublassWindow just do it?   I guess the originally attached class may itself
>have some data necessary to the correct functioning of the window?
****
Actually, there are penalties; messages directed to that window will not be handled by the
class of the m_wndClientArea.  Presumably, this will not be healthy for your app.

And, as I indicated, SubclassWindow *cannot* work correctly if the HWND is already mapped!
It is considered erroneous to let SubclassWIndow map an HWND to some other CWnd* when it
is already mapped to a CWnd*.  So the code I showed (remember, I said it was gross and
ugly) creates a *temporary* remapping only in the cases where you need it.  Otherwise, the
mapping is left at the correct class for the new framework, so it continues to work
correctly.

				joe
****

>I feel I am walking on eggshells here.
>
>Dave
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
Joseph
6/27/2010 12:31:32 AM
A friend who wrote an analogously ugly piece of code used "ASCII Art" to draw a
skull-and-crossbones in the function header comments, and quoted the Unix kernel's
context-swap code: "You are not meant to understand this"
					joe

>>I vaguely wondered about something like that.  When it says that
>>SubclassWindow only works for an HWND with no CWnd attached, the immediate
>>question is why?   The next question is - well if we remove the attached
>>CWnd, what then?
> ****
>
> [Can't attach an HWND to two CWnds]....

Yes I can see this - replacing the CWnd would be the only option.

> Actually, there are penalties; messages directed to that window will not
> be handled by the
> class of the m_wndClientArea.  Presumably, this will not be healthy for
> your app.

But if I derived my window class from CMDIClientAreaWnd then presumably the
only danger would be that any data members it had would be different from
the original  CMDIClientAreaWnd m_wndClientArea.

Still maybe that's danger enough.

> And, as I indicated, SubclassWindow *cannot* work correctly if the HWND is
> already mapped!
> It is considered erroneous to let SubclassWIndow map an HWND to some other
> CWnd* when it
> is already mapped to a CWnd*.  So the code I showed (remember, I said it
> was gross and
> ugly) creates a *temporary* remapping only in the cases where you need it.
> Otherwise, the
> mapping is left at the correct class for the new framework, so it
> continues to work
> correctly.

Yes I realise that.  I think your 'gross and ugly' is my 'walking on
eggshells'.  :-)

Dave
--
David Webber
Mozart Music Software
http://www.mozart.co.uk
For discussion and support see

David
6/27/2010 9:31:59 AM
On Jun 25, 5:14=A0pm, "David Webber" <d...@musical-dot-demon-dot-co.uk>
wrote:
> Is there any easy way of overriding the responses to some messages to a
> CWnd-derived object buried deep within MFC?
>
> One reason for the question is:
>
> In the old days CMainFrame was derived from CMDIFrameWnd and this had a
> member
>
> HWND m_hWndMDIClient;
>
> To draw the background of this window I used to do a
>
> SubclassWindow( )
>
> on it, and with my own CWnd-derived object, respond to WM_ERASEBKGND
> messages.

How about just putting a window of your own into m_wndClientArea and
doing your drawing in that, then?

Goran.
0
Goran
7/1/2010 11:25:12 AM

"Goran" <goran.pusic@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Jun 25, 5:14 pm, "David Webber" <d...@musical-dot-demon-dot-co.uk>
> wrote:

>> Is there any easy way of overriding the responses to some messages to a
>> CWnd-derived object buried deep within MFC?

> How about just putting a window of your own into m_wndClientArea and
> doing your drawing in that, then?

Unfortunately the m_wndClientArea being difficult to get at, I suspect it
would be diificult to give it children.    Surely getting at its
WM_ERASEBKGD should be easier?   But thanks for the idea - a bit of lateral
thought is always welcome :-)

Dave

--
David Webber
Mozart Music Software
http://www.mozart.co.uk
For discussion and support see

David

Using mail.live.com rather than Windows Live Mail when clicking on a link
This is obviously personal preference, but is there a way to make clicking links to send email go to mail.live.com to send the email rather than open Windows Live Mail? I not only prefer the web interface over Windows Live Mail, but it allows me to do the sending in another tab rather than opening another window. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks. -- Nathan Sokalski njsokalski@hotmail.com http://www.nathansokalski.com/ Are you talking about using Send Page / Link within IE or your internet browser? Those use the mail program set as your "default mail handler". If...

transform MDI application into a dll window and load it as child of another window
hello, like the subject sais i want to transform a MDI application into a dll and load from that dll the main window as a child of an other window. what i have done so far is: i created a dll using the same sources as my exe uses, i have created a wrapper class in this dll which helps me access the functionality of application. with this wrapper i created the main MDI window, as child of an other window. but now i have this problem: the buttons of my toolbars do not get updated properly ( i mean enable/disable ), also i have no tooltips, and the text in the statusbar does not update ei...

Latest MFC version ?
Hi, Is the latest MFC available for download of do I have to buy .NET ? I'm still using VC++ 6.0 (SP 5). Someone told me I can download the .NET classes even though I don't have .NET but I can't find them. Thanks. No you cannot and even if you could, they will not work with VC6. -- Frank "Robert A." <invalid@invalid.org> wrote in message news:uj%23j53xHEHA.1912@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Is the latest MFC available for download of do I have to buy .NET ? I'm > still using VC++ 6.0 (SP 5). Someone told me I can download the .NET classes &...

problem with overlaping windows in IE8
I have reinstalled IE8 twice now thinking it would solve the problem, it hasn't. When I have 2 or more windows open at the same time one is transparant and the others overlap. If I try to close out one of the windows it doesn't close unless I use the task bar, even then part of that window remains. There are times when there are big holes with just the window frame showing. I have also been experiencing screen blackouts, can't seem to find the reason for that either. I've run a virus scan, ran a malware scan and also ran RegCure. I still have both problems...

make child windows outside the parent window
I have a parent window derived from CWnd (not CFrameWnd). I want to make two child windows (also derived from CWnd) and be able to drag them around by their respective caption bars without getting clipped by the parent window. Is it possible to make the child windows without using modeless dialog boxes? It would also be nice to have the child caption bars be half height. How do I do this? Thanks all. Yes. There is also a style, something like WS_EX_TOOLBOX or some similar name, that creates windows with shorter caption bars. However, a child window is implicitly clipped by its parent un...

sounds in windows mobile 2003.
Hi, i was wondering if there is any way to change the sounds for a new txt msg to a personal one? You'd probably do better in a forum that addresses Windows Mobile - this one is for MS Office on the Macintosh... start here: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx Regards |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 4/14/07 5:44 AM, in article 80AB3204-EDEC-4AF1-A39A-D31B68F907B4@microsoft.com, "Jochsey" <Jochsey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, i was wondering if there is any way to change the sounds for a new txt > msg to a persona...

Taste this corrective pack for Microsoft Windows
--igartrotiscfamnc Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="yicmidvkgt"; type="multipart/alternative" --yicmidvkgt Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="fpwgreprmymtls" --fpwgreprmymtls Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "March 2006, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to help protect...

Is the word "American" not allowed within a Windows Live ID?
I was trying to create a new Windows Live ID today,but it kept rejecting the ID that i wanted.So i added a few random characters at the end hoping that would do it.But it wasn't until i removed the letter "N" off of "American" that it was accepted.I also emailed the ID to see if it was taken only to get an email failure.The name i choose started with the word American.I tried different variations that i'm 100% sure that NO ONE else could possible have.If you think i'm mistake,try for yourself.Create a new user profile @live or@hotmail,then try an...

Using Scrolling Windows in Dexterity
I am beginning to develop a new user screen for Great Plains 8. Basically what I want to do is to popup a window when the user is in the Sale Transaction Entry screen. This window would have a scrolling window in which the user can input some products that I would then transfer back in the other screen. It seems that the scrolling window doesn't keep my items in memory, so I am not sure how to accomplish that.. should I store the items in a temporary table ? I would appreciate if someone can show me a similar example or show me an exhaustive document on scrolling windows. What I ha...

Windows XP rdp 2008
Boa Tarde, Estou com problemas a imprimir em RDP 2008. Em alguns pc's o c�digo de barras aparece impresso com fontes tipo wingdigs, em outros d� erro de WPF no m�dulo de .net framework 2.0. Estas mesmas impress�es se forem tamb�m feitas em 2003 j� saem bem . J� aconteceu a algu�m ? Alguma sugest�o? O mais estranho ainda � que se as impress�es forem mandadas para impressoras instaladas localmente (no servidor) em vez das impressoras capturas pelo rdp este problema n�o aparece. CUmprimentos, Paulo Valentim ...

Using POP service on windows 2003
Hey guys I'm currently running Windows 2003 POP mail service It's working nice and smoothly But when I try to send E-mail through SMTP server I get this message "Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: testing Sent: 11/18/2003 3:01 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'kimish@somewhere.com' on 11/18/2003 3:01 PM 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for kimish@somewhere.com" on client side and at the server side (event viewer) I get "Message delivery to the host '111.111.111.111' fai...

Uninstall MS Office 2010 Beta on Windows 7
I downloaded and installed the beta version of MS Office 2010 on my system running Windows 7, 64 bit. It ran great. The newer features are much better than what is currently available. One day I fired up the Word module and was hit with the error message "program is corrupt, uninstall or re-install to correct the problem". My problem is I can't do either. I keep getting the corrupt message and the same corrective measures to take. Anyone have a fix or suggestion - Thanks ...

Please Add a "FIND" button on the Payroll Tranx Entry Window
Hi, The Payroll Transaction Entry Window can have many thousands of lines depending on the # of Employees in a Company. Many times we need to make corrections to a batch of Timesheets posted to US Payroll from other modules like Project Accounting. This means using the presently quite small window (One cannot 'maximise' or expand the window size!) and scroll up and down the long list of employee time entries to catch the 'right' employee and line item to correct. This is completely frustrating and time consuming, especially when you have upwards of 10000 employees!!! A &q...

Allowing Users to Run Queries Without Showing the Database Window
I have an access front end that connects to a SQL backend, and is designed in such a way that the users never see the database window or default access database menu bar, only the forms and menus that I want them to see. Specifically: 1. I have set a startup form 2. I have a personalized shortcut menu bar 3. I have disabled the bypass key 4. I have disabled all keystrokes not used by my application in the form open event 5. I have unchecked the following option in the startup: * Display Database Window * Display Status Bar * Allow Full Menus * Allow Default Shortcut Men...

Macro for Internet Order Window
I want to create a macro to launch the CTL-SHIFT-F10 "Internet order" button (because I am going to make a custom button for it). However, I cannot record the macro because as soon as I hit CTRL-SHIFT-F10, the order popup window pops up and I cannot end the macro by doing SHIFT-F3. If I close the window, then hit SHIFT-F3 to end the macro, the macro just opens and then closes the internet order window. Is there another way to do it? Thanks, mickie No ideas? No one has done this? Mickie wrote: > I want to create a macro to launch the CTL-SHIFT-F10 "Int...

partitionsize windows 7
I looked into the HD (500GB) of my new Dell Inspiron with windows 7 home premium 64bits and found that there was only one volume C: with primary partition of 456 Gb and a recovery partition of 15 GB. As I like to make an other partion for a 2nd OS , surely I can decrease the c: partion of Windows 7? So what is the minimum size for that partition? regards __________ Informatie van ESET NOD32 Antivirus, versie van database viruskenmerken 4667 (20091207) __________ Het bericht is gecontroleerd door ESET NOD32 Antivirus. http://www.eset.com The minimum size is what...

maximum window size
Hello, I would appreciate if someone can help me figure how to maximum window size when viewing a new message or composing a new message. I am using Outlook Express (Office XP), Windows 2000 Outlook Express, and Outlook XP are two different programs.... however, open a new email. Move it to the upper left corner of the screen, (left click the blue bar, hold the mouse, and drag it), Now point to the bottom right corner of the new message, you should get a diagonal left/right arrow. left click the corner, holding the mouse button down, drag it to the right and down, until the screen is expan...

Windows Security Updates failed with uknown Error
Automatic updates enabled.. Running Windows 7 with 64 bit OS...MacAfee loaded? Fails all 8 updates.. either run automatic or individually.. All office products turned off? Any suggestions? -- cbox ...

Windows 7 Install and IE8
Hi: I just installed Windows 7 yesterday and all is well. It automatically intstalled IE8 which I already had on the machine and CRM worked fine in compatabilty mode. The browers seems to have been updated and even though I have the box check saying view all sites in compatabilyt mode I still receive the error stating I need to upgrage my brower. however, It I type in http://crm/loader.aspx it works BUT I don't receive the clean edges I am accustomed too, any ideas? Thanks. I have the exact same problem. I upgraded from Vista & IE8 to Windows7 & IE8. The main difference I se...

What is this window type ?
Hi there, I couldn't find any info on google about this because I don't even know how you call that type of window. It's pretty basic, I have my active window and I want to use a second window but still be able to use the first one. When I create a dialog using the DoModal() I can't give control back to my main window... Can someone maybe only point out the type of window it is so I can check some info on the net how to use them ? Thanks, Max. Maxime Savard wrote: > Hi there, > > I couldn't find any info on google about this because I don't ...

Scrolling a Window
Hi I have a problem with scrolling a window I have a class from CWnd and I added some line to let the use to scroll the text in the window but when I move the scroll bar, the text i the window are not Scrolled well I don't know why thanks Are you drawing the text yourself? Are you handling (in the OnHScroll or OnVScroll handler) all of the events you need to handle, and note that scrollbars do NOT automatically update their position when you change it, that the new position MUST be set by the handler? If you are painting the text yourself, are you using ScrollWindow to scroll the conten...

Windows Live Mail & Publisher
How do I setup Windows Live Mail to use with Publisher 2007 to email Publisher documents? I keep getting a error message saying I have to use Outlook or Windows Mail as my default email. I am using Windows 7 and Windows Live Mail. ...

sbs 2003 with windows 7 ultimate 64bit
Hi Is it possible to connect a Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit client pc with sbs 2003 standard (not R2)? Any caveats? Thanks Regards This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0152_01CB1470.62DB6830 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable yes it's possible http://blogs.technet.com/b/sbs/archive/2009/05/14/installing-windows-7-in= -a-sbs-2003-environment.aspx?wwparam=3D1277490172 --=20 Cris Hanna [SBS - MVP] (since 1997) Co-Contributor, Windows Small Business Server 2008 Unleashe...

Cannot email invoices after Windows XP in place upgrade...
Hello, We're running GP 7.50g26, Dexterity 7.50m013. To email invoices, we use acrobat 5.0.5. After running an in place OS upgrade from Win2k to Windows XP, we are having problems with GP: 1. When we click Send to for invoices, it opens up an email with a PDF attachment. If we open the attachment, it's always the last pdf that was generated prior to the windows XP inplace upgrade. 2. During posting, it always minimizes the GP screen for no reason, and we have to click on the task in the taskbar to bring it back up. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks! ...