Yahoo text has multiple deletions since '08 Word was installed

Version: 2008
Processor: intel

I've probably made some basic error with installing Office: mac 2008. Since doing so, I can't read much of anything on Yahoo. Many letters are missing; some are squished together. Is there are a problem with font compatibility? I'd welcome any suggestions on how to fix the problem. Otherwise, I'll need to uninstall and try again, which I suppose is not a bad initial strategy. Please help.
0
laufer55 (1)

Simply shut the computer down, turn it off, then restart.

When you restart, you force a rebuilt of the font caches, and everything
should come right.

Hope this helps

On 26/03/08 12:48 PM, in article ee96113.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"laufer55@officeformac.com" <laufer55@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: 2008
> Processor: intel
>
> I've probably made some basic error with installing Office: mac 2008. Since
> doing so, I can't read much of anything on Yahoo. Many letters are missing;
> some are squished together. Is there are a problem with font compatibility?
> I'd welcome any suggestions on how to fix the problem. Otherwise, I'll need to
> uninstall and try again, which I suppose is not a bad initial strategy. Please
> help.

John McGhie, Consultant Technical Writer
McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd
http://jgmcghie.fastmail.com.au/
Sydney, Australia.  S33�53'34.20 E151�14'54.50
+61 4 1209 1410, mailto:john@mcghie.name

0
john7143 (1072)

Macro to delete an entire row with cells missing a specific chartacter #2
Hey Harald, This is the script I am using to remove "IS" Sub Findanddelete_IS() Dim rng As Range Dim what As String what = "IS" Do Set rng = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Find(what) If rng Is Nothing Then Exit Do Else Rows(rng.Row).Delete End If Loop End Sub So...my programming experience is a tiny bit limited, not sure how t delete anything missing the IS as opposed to containing the IS. understand in theory but my knowledge of syntax is the limiter. Harald Staff Wrote: > Hi Asf > > This is far more useful if you figure it out yourself, since you'r > pr...

count cells using multiple criteria
Can anyone show me how to count the number of rows containing two or more criteria? For example, if one column has the text "DO" and another column has the text "RD11" how do I count only those rows that contain both DO and RD11? One way: =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A1000="DD"),--(B1:B1000="RD11")) In article <0F41177E-45A0-4B0B-AE33-6BCCF2F3B8D1@microsoft.com>, Alex68 <Alex68@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Can anyone show me how to count the number of rows containing two or more > criteria? For example, if one column has the te...

Can individual words in a sentence be animated in powerpoint?
I am trying to highlight some individual words within a paragraph. I'd like to give them some animation and not the whole sentence. On 6/4/10 1:08 PM, consultkjb wrote: > I am trying to highlight some individual words within a paragraph. I'd like > to give them some animation and not the whole sentence. I think you can only do that if they are in a separate text box. --David -- David M. Marcovitz Microsoft PowerPoint MVP Associate Professor, Loyola University Maryland Author of _Powerful PowerPoint for Educators_ http://www.PowerfulPowerPoint.com/ ...

Excel text box #2
Is there a way to set the default text alignment to "center" for both vertical and horizontal in the draw text box? I am using Excel 2000. I found it for the cell default. That's what I want to do with the draw text box. -- Thanks To get the horizontal centering--just select your text and hit the Center Icon on the format toolbar--just like you would to center text in a cell. I had to hit enter a few times (at the beginning of the text) to center it vertically. rvrl wrote: > > Is there a way to set the default text alignment to "center" for both > ...

Word 2007-Pinning documents to most recent list
I've pinned several documents to my most recent documents list but they don't always show. For example, I have about 5 documents that I have pinned and I'm showing 20 new documents when I click the Office button in Word. If I have worked recently with 25 or 30 documents, but not one of the 5 that are pinned, then the most recent 20 show, and that list doesn't always include the 5 that are pinned. Do I have a setting wrong somewhere? Or is this a known issue? Thanks! If you are showing 20 documents in the list and you have worked with 20 documents other ...

Modifying Activities associated view 08-25-04
Has anybody tried this unsupported trick in a production environment, or found any problems/issues related to this? Ketil ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I've tried this on my test system for the Activities Associated view {00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001903}, and it seems to work fine. I can now display and sort by creation date!!! This really solves a major problem with the system and I am keen to try this in my production system. Has anybody used this technique in a production environment yet? Are there any ...

is there a faster way to get text
Everytime I want to type something, I have to go back up to the Text Box, is there a quick key stroke that will allow me to keep typing without having to click on the Text Box over and over again? Denise, If you have PPT 2003, double click the textbox icon on the drawing toolbar. From that moment on you can click and type as many textboxes as you will. To stop just press escape or double click the icon again. If you have PPT 2007, you can do the same thing by right-clicking the textbox icon to lock the button. Luc Sanders MVP - PowerPoint "Denise" wrote: > ...

text wrapping #6
How do I get text to wrap around a gallery object? The same way as any wrapping. What problem are you having? Select the object, Arrange, Order, bring to the front (alt+F6). If you have a border around your publication, send it to the back first. (alt+shift+F6). -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "rita alford" <rita alford@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B08694CB-BB1C-43E5-B9F7-250D8ECF6448@microsoft.com... > How do I get text to wrap around a gallery object? ...

Retrieving deleted e-mails
Hello, A former employee deleted their e-mails before they left. Is there any way to retrieve these e-mails? Thanks for your time! Debbie In the future just a suggestion put all users PST files on the network drive and back them up nightly. The only thing to do is look in the deleted folder if its not there it is likely gone. If its really important you can try your system admin that runs the email server to see if they have anything cached. >-----Original Message----- >Hello, > >A former employee deleted their e-mails before they >left. Is there any way to retrieve...

Deleting transactions #2
Help! We had problems with one of our registers and we had to replace the PC that we were using and and when we finally got all ready to operate we lost everything that we had rung in (which we re-entered later) but now when we run a detailed sales report for that day it shows all of the sales that we cannot see in the journal but they show on the report, I want to delete them but there is not a batch for those transactions only the transaction # and I do not want to delete all of the transactions just the ones that are incorrect for that day. I hope someone can help Thanks! You can v...

Deleted Accounts still generating Failed Delivery Reports
Here is a strange one for you: I send an email to systems@abc.com and it gets there and thats it. I send a calender invitation to the same mailbox and it gets there. But then I get a failed delivery report for former employees who used to use belong to a Distribution list with the same name. I used to belong to that distribution list and I do not recieve the inivitation. I am not really sure if the failed delivery report is because of the Distribution list or because the old users used to use the mailbox. This happens from any machine using Outlook. Needless to say those users are long gon...

CRM SF Outlook: Succesful Install, cannot access though
Can some one plz explain stepwise how to access CRM SFO. I cant locate any documentation to it. Thugh it has been succesfuly installed on my machine. Please guide me how to go around with it. Thanks g Best bet for free documentation is the Implementation Guide. Also this excellent site: http://www.mscrmexperts.com which happens to host a white paper you might be interested in on the SFO. info@sharedcal.co.uk www.sharedcal.co.uk Your fast route for team calendar view sharing in MSCRM 1.2! "Gautam Sachdev" <gautamsachdeva@gmail.com> wrote in message news:739B7E8A-828E-415...

Rich Text
Hi, One of my clients wants to record job position description in CRM. However, lack of rich text functionality in CRM makes it harder for them to use CRM. Is there any way I can provide rich text within CRM - whether by configuration, .NET customization or a third party add on? Please advise. Thanks, Shikhar have you tried using the data type (ntext) and format "text area" ? ------ Aamir Blog = http://mscrmsupport.wordpress.com/ Hi Aamir, How do you format the "text area" to give a rich text functionality? Thanks for taking time to respond. Shikhar "A...

Vanishing text boxes
I'm trying to copy, as pictures, a considerable number of charts from different sheets onto a consolidated sheet that I can then distribute without the large quantity of underlying data and calculations. All the charts were generated by the same VBA routine and each includes three text boxes. These are unavoidable. When I copy the charts as pictures one at a time by hand I've not met any problems. However, doing the copying within a VBA loop results in some of the copied charts appearing without their text boxes. Whenever this happens all three text boxes are missing, even though ...

Remove the word 'total' from subtotals
Hi I am doing a subtotal using hte sum function After excel subtotals it inserts the word 'total' in the same line as the field being subtotal How can I remove total? I need to take the subtotaled info and upload it into another program and it will not work with the word totoal there Thanks Have you tried F2 and edit the cell contents to remove what you don't want? Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 19:40:02 -0500, yahoo <nj530@yahoo.com> wrote: >Hi > >I am doing a subtotal using hte sum function > >After excel subtotals it inserts the word '...

how do i create an html email using word
MY company would like a simple Word html newletter email that can be updated by various subsidaries. Ideally we'd like to "lock" formatting and some graphics and have editible regions. Any Help? Word is a poor html creation application. I doubt that Word's implementation will enable you to provide the elements you require - however set the web view to view the formatting and save as a web page.Better still use a proper html creation tool to create the page or create it as an attachment as a Word document form or (if you have the full version of Acrobat) a p...

Installing Upgrade Product
I need to know what I need to do if I have a qualifying product for upgrade product that is a more current edition. This is what I mean. I have Windows XP which comes with Word 2002 and I have MS-Office 2000 Upgrade. When I try to use the Upgrade (MS-Office 2000), it does not allow me to install because it could not find a qualifying product. Help... See the KB Article at: Office 2000: Products That Qualify for the Microsoft Office Upgrade http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;210437 So if you don't have any of these, you don't fulfil the conditions. You can h...

Big Problem! How to overload operator delete?
Big Problem! How to overload operator delete? According to C++ standard, "A deallocation function can have more than one parameter."(see 3.7.3.2); however, I don't know how to use an overloaded delete operator. Let me use an example to illustrate this: /********************************************************/ #include <new> #include <iostream> using namespace std; void operator delete(void* p, const nothrow_t&) { cout << "Hello" << endl; } // (1) void operator delete(void* p, int a, int b) { cout << "World" <&...

Change XY tick labels from numeric to text
Hi all. Hope you can help. I am exploring a huge dataset of data by U.S. zip codes. Each row is a zip code, the state the zip belongs to, the state number, and a count of widgets. 91234 AK 2 0.123 91872 AK 2 0.234 91232 AK 2 0.345 26271 AZ 3 0.111 23111 AZ 3 0.222 Although this might sound strange, I am graphing the entire dataset as an XY scatter plot --- with the state number as the x values and the widgets as the y-values. The resultant plot shows the distribution of widgets for each state very quickly and easily and all on one graph. I&#...

Shading text using keyboard shortcuts

Installing Business Portal
I'm trying to install business portal and I get this error: "sharepoint or office server must be set up with a configuration database before installing business portal" eventhough I already have sharepoint server running. Any ideas? BP requires Windows Sharepoint Services 3.0 to be inplace to work, You may have 2.0 installed Cheers -- Mark Christie Dynamics & CRM Deployer "DIEGOCRO" wrote: > I'm trying to install business portal and I get this error: > > "sharepoint or office server must be set up with a configuration database > befo...

Pivot Table -- Text??
I don't think this is possible, but thought I'd check to be sure. Can a pivot table display text values or must a pivot table do calculations and only display numbers?? I am basically trying to create a report from data I pulled from MS Project... I've got a resource name, a list of dates, and a list of projects. I'm looking for a solution to the cross tab report "who does what when." I want to create a pivot table that will display the dates as columns, and the resource names as rows... and then in the data section the project name. I want it to look somethin...

Copy ranges into email
Hi, How do i add more than one item to the body of a outlook mail using vba. I am using named range to select the items. i want to add Text, the leave two lines HTMLBody then leave two lines and add another HTMLBody and leace two lines and add Text I have a function that does the RangetoHTML after passing myRange to it. I am getting confused here. With OutMail .To = s .CC = "SH-DI-List" .BCC = "" .Subject = n & " - Trades in Pending Queue in SW " & Format(Now, "dd-Mmm-yyyy") & _ "...

Spellchecker crashes WORD
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Word for Mac, 2008 crashes almost every time that I run spellchecker. This did not happen prior to upgrading to Mac OS 10.6 Snow Leopard. This is a real problem for me. I am required to submit many technical documents as WORD files. They contain figures, graphs, etc and often have to be revised many times after another expert reviews the file. Every time that I do this program crashes. I would prefer not to use WORD at all, but I have no choice in this matter. Typical document is 20-50 pages, but even 1 page doc...

Thumbnails: Entourage and MS Word help screens
I use OS 10.3 and Office 2004 for Mac 11.2.1 (recently downloaded the upgrade). For several weeks, Entourage messages and Microsoft Word help screens have been previewing and printing only as thumbnails. I know that Preview tends to reduce the size of documents so they will show in the small viewing window, but on my machine Entourage messages and Microsoft Word help screens preview in microscopic text--and print that way, too. The text is about 2 pts. This happens when I use any of the three printers in our office. I've noticed that while the preview PDFs are up on screen the "actu...