Word X - Error loading microsoft office framework X library

I get this error when opening MS Word 10.1.1. Also,
Entourage won't launch. Anyone have any suggestions?
0
jamesjv (1)

Hi James,

First thing you need to do is install the Office X updates available here:
http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.aspx#OfficeX
You can skip the 10.1.3 update because it is incorporated into the 10.1.4
update.

Then use Disk Utility First Aid to repair permissions on OSX.

-Jim Gordon
Mac MVP

All responses should be made to this newsgroup within the same thread.
Thanks.

About Microsoft MVPs:
http://www.mvps.org/

Search for help with the free Google search Excel add-in:
<http://www.rondebruin.nl/Google.htm>

----------
In article <05dd01c3b1a8$868c7580$a101280a@phx.gbl>, "James"
<jamesjv@spymac.com> wrote:

> I get this error when opening MS Word 10.1.1. Also,
> Entourage won't launch. Anyone have any suggestions?
0
goldkey74 (611)
11/23/2003 5:51:23 PM
"Jim Gordon MVP" <goldkey74@WarmerThanwarmMail.com> wrote in message news:<eA5#5oesDHA.2260@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>...
> Hi James,
>
> First thing you need to do is install the Office X updates available here:
> http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.aspx#OfficeX
> You can skip the 10.1.3 update because it is incorporated into the 10.1.4
> update.
>
> Then use Disk Utility First Aid to repair permissions on OSX.
>
> -Jim Gordon
> Mac MVP
>
> All responses should be made to this newsgroup within the same thread.
> Thanks.
>
> About Microsoft MVPs:
> http://www.mvps.org/
>
> Search for help with the free Google search Excel add-in:
> <http://www.rondebruin.nl/Google.htm>
>
> ----------
> In article <05dd01c3b1a8$868c7580$a101280a@phx.gbl>, "James"
> <jamesjv@spymac.com> wrote:
>

> > I get this error when opening MS Word 10.1.1. Also,
> > Entourage won't launch. Anyone have any suggestions?

I have the same problem, and also my entourage will not launch. It
tells me to rebuild the database, and then tells me that it cannot be
repaired and it may not be able to be repaired.

I have downloaded all of the Office updates and repaired the
permissions, and i am still getting the same problems

Please help as i am now at a complete loss

Thanks

Jason Humphries
0
jason2559 (2)
11/24/2003 5:55:53 PM
Hi Jason,

To repair the Entourage database hold down the Option key when you start
Entourage. Start with the "typical" repair. If that doesn't work then go for
the complete repair option.

In article <cf222acb.0311240955.43199617@posting.google.com>,
jason@nordost.com (Jason Humphries) wrote:

> "Jim Gordon MVP" <goldkey74@WarmerThanwarmMail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi James,
>>
>> First thing you need to do is install the Office X updates available here:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.aspx#OfficeX
>> You can skip the 10.1.3 update because it is incorporated into the 10.1.4
>> update.
>>
>> Then use Disk Utility First Aid to repair permissions on OSX.
>>
>> -Jim Gordon
>> Mac MVP
>>
>> All responses should be made to this newsgroup within the same thread.
>> Thanks.
>>
>> About Microsoft MVPs:
>> http://www.mvps.org/
>>
>> Search for help with the free Google search Excel add-in:
>> <http://www.rondebruin.nl/Google.htm>
>>
>> ----------
>> In article <05dd01c3b1a8$868c7580$a101280a@phx.gbl>, "James"
>> <jamesjv@spymac.com> wrote:
>>

>> > I get this error when opening MS Word 10.1.1. Also,
>> > Entourage won't launch. Anyone have any suggestions?
>
> I have the same problem, and also my entourage will not launch. It
> tells me to rebuild the database, and then tells me that it cannot be
> repaired and it may not be able to be repaired.
>
> I have downloaded all of the Office updates and repaired the
> permissions, and i am still getting the same problems
>
> Please help as i am now at a complete loss
>
> Thanks
>
> Jason Humphries
0
goldkey74 (611)

I keep getting and error on start of Office x.v
I just purchased Office X.v and installed it onto my Mac. I also removed Office Test Drive before installing the full Office X.v, but i didn't empty my trash. So after I installed the full version i keep getting the error "An unexpected error occurred while trying to load Microsoft Framework X library" on all office programs. I read on mactopia that this could be caused by "lock" identities in the microsoft identity file, but all of mine are unlocked. When i tried to empty my trash, it would not empty a few microsoft file because it says they are in use. Framework ...

Hey Microsoft! Exchange 2003 Question
Can an Exchange administrator modify the Level1 and Level2 attachment lists? I don't want my Outlook users to have to save a certain type of file to the disk first. If so how? Thanks This may help: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/admin.htm -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Jeff" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0be901c3db86$5e56e700$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Can an Exchange administrator modify the Level1 and > Level2 attachment lists? > I don't want my Outlook users to ha...

MSVCRT.DLL error...
Recently, when starting Outlook 2000, I started getting the message: "OUTLOOK caused an invalid page fault in module MSVCRT.DLL at 0167:7800d4fl." & Outlook quits. I have tried the following: Making sure I had the latest service packs & updates Ran the repair office option from the install disk Completely removed & re-installed Office 2000 Replaced the MSVCRT.DLL file from the Win98 disk Ran the MS Libraries update And am still getting the same results! Can anyone help? Thanks- FYI, I'm running Win98 on a PII 500MHz with 64MB Ram. (I know, it's a dinosaur!) ...

Awesome list of Excel/Word/Powerpoint shortcuts!
Hi, everybody! I recently discovered a great keyboard shortcut list for the office applications. It seems to have practically every shortcut imaginable and it fits on one page too! I printed it out and put on the wall next to my monitor -- just great!. Thought you would appreciate it... Here's the link to the PDF file. Hit print and you're ready to go. http://www.prihodko.com/msoffice/Office_2003_Shortcuts.pdf Lindy Hi Lindy, For Excel, I like Chip Pearson's Excel Keyboard Shortcuts page at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/KeyboardShortcuts.htm There is also a d...

ARM compiler in Microsoft Platform Builder 5.0
Hello, I have a Freescale iMX31 (ARM11 Family). I know that ARM11 Famility corrisponds to core ARMv6 but on Microsoft Documentation I read that the ARM compiler support 4 and 5 (ARMv4 and ARMv5). Followint the link : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms925478.aspx So I'm using a ARM11 processor with instruction set of ARM9 (ARMv4 - ARMv5). In this manner, there isn't and optiomization on compiled code. Some comments ? Thanks, Paolo On Nov 20, 2:18=A0pm, paolo patierno <paolopatie...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello, > I have a Freescale...

Merge to email w/Word and Outlook 2002 security issue
I am trying to merge email using Word and Outlook 2002. This merge consists of about 3000 recipients. When I commence the merge I get an Outlook Security warning that tells me that some outside program is trying to send email using my Outlook profile and I have to click Yes or No. It procedes to ask me for ever single recipient... I'm not going to sit there and say yes for 3000 people. Do you know of a setting somewhere that I can change to not ask me everytime? Thanks, Brian What service pack(s) have you applied? Did you choose HTML as the message format for the merge? -- ...

Ctrl+X messed up
This is driving me nuts! I've put up with it for months and can't find the answer. When I try to use Ctrl+X instead of cutting it automatically grabs the data in the cell and throws it over into a cell a couple of columns away. What in the world is wrong with this thing? James, Maybe not much of a help, but the only thing I can come up with is that somehow a macro is attached to the control+X combination -- Regards, Auk Ales * Please reply to this newsgroup only * * I will not react on unsolicited e-mails * "James Fonda" <jimbo2311@netzero.net> wrote in message...

WMP 11 error C00D1163 (after update KB971513)
Windows Media Player 11 will not play DVDs. I always get error C00D1163 "Windows Media Player cannot play this DVD because there is a problem with digital copy protection between your DVD drive, decoder, and video card. Try installing an updated driver for your video card." DVDs I have owned for years are now impossible to play (so are rentals). I am having the same problem as others in this forum, although my system configuration is different -- which indicates this is a widespread problem. It is an interesting coincidence that my problem started immediately ...

Can I make a database in Word with Excel Data
I know this may be a "DUH" question, but... I am making a list of area dentists that I have copied and pasted of of the Dex website into Excel. I am wondering if I can take this inf and make a database in Word for printing address labels. Does anyon know if this can be done, and HOW?:confused -- Myn77 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Myn777's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2958 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49283 For help on Word mail merge using Excel as the...

clicking TOOLS/OPTIONS gives me error msg "cannot access dir D:/"
I need to change settings in the TOOLS/OPTIONS menu. But when I click on any tab in the OPTIONS menu it gives me the error message "cannot access dir D:/documents" I may have changed the name of that directory at some point and I suspect that is the problem. However I still need to change settings in the TOOLS/OPTIONS menu. How do I fix it? Hi Lori Close Excel Add this directory D:/documents and try again And try again -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Lori Rossi" <Lori Rossi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:34A25E1A-D...

Failure to Display anything but Methods in Microsoft.CRM.Proxy.dll
I'm using both VS.NET and VS.NET 2003 to attempt to run the "Find all the Incidents for an Account or Contact" code on MSDN (http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/crmsdk/htm /findallofthecasesassociatedwithanaccountorcontact.asp). I've added the reference to Microsoft.CRM.Proxy.dll and also have attempted to use the Microsoft.CRM.ComProxy.dll when the first failed. I am unable to compile as the C# compiler states that both ".Credentials" and ".Url" are not valid properties of the Microsoft.CRM.Proxy.BizUser class. I used the o...

See these critical pack for Microsoft Internet Explorer
--ohqdyssewhxmx Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="pqazvfpfwgx"; type="multipart/alternative" --pqazvfpfwgx Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="ecwwcjdhekqnzo" --ecwwcjdhekqnzo Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to mai...

Outlook Web Access error
Got this error message when trying to access my mailbox from Outlook Web Access. "Unable to get renderer" This happened on a particular machine but work fine on other machine. Anyone know what going on? ...

Error in code exportin tables to excel
I'm tryin to export a table to excel with the code: Private Sub Command4_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Command0_Click Dim stDocName As String stDocName = "F01_UT" DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, acSpreadsheetTypeExcel9, F01_UT, "C:\TRY\Tbls", True Exit_Command0_Click: Exit Sub Err_Command0_Click: MsgBox Err.Description Resume Exit_Command0_Click End Sub However, Access displays the message: Compile error : Syntax error What I'm doing wrong? If I want to export more tablas do I have to write more lines (DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, acSpr...

Spinning Beach Ball
I seem to notice a correlation between seeing the spinning beach ball more often after launching MS Word for OSX. I removed the PDFMaker.Lib and this improved the performance a great deal, but still noticing the SBB more often after launching Word. Anyone know about this? Many Word issues are related to corrupt Word Settings or Normal Template. You could try removing the Word Settings file, then testing. The Normal Template could be renamed, then test. Be sure Word is closed before removing or changing any files. You could also consider running the Remove Office utility and reinstalling Offi...

Help with
I am currently in the process of migrating exchange 2000 to exchange 2003 on new hardware. I have transfered the RUS role, offline address book role and replicated the public folders ect. and now am beginning to move maiboxes. I noticed 3 very repetive errors in the application event log however. I was wondering if someone could tell me whether these messages are somthing I should be concerned with. See them below. So far I have no user complaints about outlook. Thanks. Event ID: 9320 Source MSExchangeSA Type Warning Description OALGen could not generate full details for some en...

Quotation mark key produces << instead of " in Word doc from PC
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I am updating a document that was created in Word on a PC several years ago. When I viewed it all the ' had become =. I found out in the forum how to fix that. But more important, I do not seem to be able to type a quotation mark. When I hit Shift &quot;, I get a symbol that looks like a doubled >. The symbol doesn't even exist on my keyboard. I suspect that I can go to Insert, Symbols, and get the proper &quot;, but this is a syllabus for a class that I teach year after year, updating t...

Sent Mail Error Outlook Express
IN OUTLOOK EXPRESS WHEN I SEND E-MAIL I GET AN OUTLOOK EXPRESS MESSAGE BOX THAT SAYS Some errors occurred while processing the requested tasks. Please review the list of errors below for more details. BUT THERE ARE NO DETAILS. THE EMAILS ARE NOT GOING TO THE SENT MAIL FOLDER. THE EMAILS ARE BEING DELIVERED AND RECEIVED BUT ON MY END THEY REMAIN IN THE OUTBOX AND ARE NOT GOING TO THE SENT MAIL FOLDER. I MUST CLEAR THE OUTLOOK EXPRESS ERROR BOX THEN DRAG THE SENT? MESSAGE OUT OF THE OUTBOX SO IT WON'T BE SENT AGAIN. ALSO YESTERDAY ALL PREVIOUS EMAIL IN THE SENT MAIL FOLDER DI...

How do I turn on drag and drop in MS Word 2007?
It seems that drag and drop has stopped working..... I have no clue why. There are instructions on how to turn drag and drop on/off for MS Word 2003, but I can't find the directions on how to do this for Word 2007. I'd like to turn this back on. Can anyone help? Click on the the Office Button (top/left) and at the bottom of that window click on Word Options. In that window choose Advanced. Drag and Drop is the third choice down. (That said... it doesn't always work even when you have selected it. Sigh) The problem could have to do with the Symbols dialog box. When you...

Errors after I installed SP4
I installed SP4 to Windows 2000 server. I am running exchange server 5.5. The users cannot access their mailbox. I made all the users administrators to enable access to their mailbox. I cannot create a new mailbox. I get an error when I create a new mailbox. Error: Event Type: Information Event Source: MSExchangeSA Event Category: General Event ID: 5011 Date: 8/31/2004 Time: 2:49:43 PM User: N/A Computer: RCI2 Description: Error You do not have the permissions required to complete the operation. occurred during address generation. Please help me. 1. Verify that the Exchange Service Ac...

VBA type mismatch error
Hello all, The following line is in an Excel function: j = Application.Find(v, Cells(cnt, 1).Value) When watched, v has a value of "s" with type variant/string. cells(cnt,1).value has a value of 2 with a type of variant/double. I assume that the type mismatch occurs because the character "S" can't be found in an integer. How do I get this to work? TIA. Pierre. -- Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com VBA has its own version of =find(). Take a look at VBAs help for InStr. =find() will return an error if there isn't a match. Dim j...

Broken x-axis in excel
Hi. I want to create a chart, where my x axis contains values within a range above zero, and to a given value. So far so good. My problem involves that i want the axis itself to show that there is a break from zero to my given value (marked with a Z-like sign), wich excel does not automaticly do. Is this possible to acheive? I have seen charts vith this prefix, but there is no such function, or description of how to do it in the "help register". Thank you. -- ketil This page shows one approach, and links to a couple others: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BrokenYAxis....

Missing lines in chart w/x-axis with months 1-24...
First post from a "casual" Excel user (more familiar with SigmaPlot)... Client wants a line chart with x-axis linear (baeline to 36 months) but there are only data for 2 baseline conditions and certain months: on-drug off-drug M3 M6 M12 M24 M36 The Y axis (# of pellets) is nothing special. I entered blank rows, corresponding to the missing months, into the datasheet, like so: on-drug off-drug M3 M6 M12 (etc.) This "method" plots the data points okay, but there are 2 problems: (a) there are no lines connecting them, and (b) the x-axis labels are lousy I work...

Word 2003-Page Orientation
I have a long Word 2003 document with all pages in portrait orientation except one. That page contains a table the size of which requires landscape orientation. I have always done this by inserting section breaks before and after this page. But now for some reason I can't get the orientation to change either on-screen or in my printer. When I check the page orientation in that page (section) it is set to landscape. Suspecting typical Word corruption (this document was made from previous versons of the same stuff) I did the usual copy-and-paste all but the last few empty ...