Word shuts down

I'm using a legal version of Word 2004 w/Leopard, latest version, on an intel iMac and two Minis. all of a sudden lately on the intel iMac and one Mini Word closes when i try to print a document. it happens 50% of the time. when i start Word this message pops up: "unexpected error occurred while trying to load the microsoft framework library."<br>
thanks your your help.

A framework library error indicates that an update has not been applied in
its entirety. Simply re-apply all the latest updates, and Word should launch
normally.

--
Michel Bintener
Microsoft MVP

*** Please always reply to the newsgroup. ***

0
mbintener1 (253)
2/2/2008 6:15:53 PM
of course, i cleared my download folder recently, so i have no idea what updates need re-installing. must i suffer forever?<br>
strange, it is happening on my other computer, Mimi, too. i wonder why an update not apply on two different machine?
You should be able to just go to Word's Help menu & select Check for
Updates. What you need will be determined, downloaded & applied.

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 2/2/08 3:10 PM, in article ee8bb1a.1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"Florentine@officeformac.com" <Florentine@officeformac.com> wrote:

> of course, i cleared my download folder recently, so i have no idea what
> updates need re-installing. must i suffer forever?
>
> strange, it is happening on my other computer, Mimi, too. i wonder why an
> update not apply on two different machine?

Microsoft Word issue
My wife is a public HS teacher. She writes classroom material and exams in Word (Office 2003) and we have encountered a unique problem. She creates a word document of text with photos in the document (Insert / picture / from file)(the file is a .JPG file on her computer). Then she goes to print it on an HP Photosmart printer on my computer, over the network. The document prints .... but the picture is blank. Just white space where it should be, no picture. We found a workaround: Print to Adobe Acrobat PDF file (her computer has full version Acrobat installed). The pho...

Import gif to Word or PowerPoint 2004
After inserting a gif-graphic into a Word or PowerPoint-file, then saving, closing and opening the file again, I get instead of the graphic a black box. Any hints? I use MacOSX.3.4 and I just updated my office to mac-office 2004. In mac-office X I did not have this problems. Thanks Florian ...

Outlook 2003, Word 2007 email editor
Is it possible to use Word 2007 and the email editor in Outlook 2003? I don't think it is, however there may be a download that someone knows about. Thanls, Steve no. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Messaging ...

How do I set a Word doc to always print manual feed?
In Word 2003, you'd go to page setup, paper source. I can't find anything comparable in 2007. I print a lot of labels & letterhead & need this. The dialog is the same - click the arrow bottom right of the Page Setup Group on the Page Layout tab. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>&...

Trouble shutting down
I am trying to figure out why my computer (XP/SP3) seems to have trouble shutting down from time to time. Several days ago I shut it down. Or thought I did. Obviously I was in a hurry and did not sit watching it for the usual long time the shut down usually takes. Came back to restart it today and at first I thought it had read my mind and started up on its own. Then I realized it had never finished shutting down. Apparently a program was not responding and Windows was asking me what did I want to do? A question like this is probably even more inane of the things Windows ma...

Toolbar Transition Word 2003 to 2007
Dear All, I'm sure this has been dealt with far too often here. I'm finding lots of bits and pieces of information all over the web on the topic, but I'd like to "ask the experts" for advice on best places to start -- and inquire about one thing I have observered so far. We're moving to Office 2007 and I'm charged with managing the transition of our macros -- not that many, but a few and worth preserving -- to the new environment. In Word 2003, we have about a half dozen toolbars, each with between 4 and 8 macros. I'm looking for the sle...

Inserting Photos into Excel and linking to Word.
I need to be able to upload a digital photograph to a single MS Excel worksheet and then link that photograph into a MS Word document from the Excel workbook (photo needs to be visible in both Excel and Word). The photos should all appear the same physical size when they are place into the Excel worksheet and they should appear the same physical size on the linked Word document. Can anyone describe the steps I should use to accomplish this or recommend a possible alternative? ...

Format page number in Words Document
Hi, Appreciate if you can help me here. I am trying to number my pages in my document a bit differently using the header and footer but I can't seem to get around doing it. Normally the page numbers will run concurrently in the header or footer as in page 1,2,3,4...etc But what intend to do is add page 5 (a) after page 5 and before page 6. However when I do that under the header or footer page 5 becomes page 5 (a) How do I format this under the header or footer? Thanks You will need to use the following field construction { IF { PAGE } > 5 { IF { PAGE } &...

Outlook takes long time in new message with word 2003 as editor
Good Day Urgently need help in troubleshooting a problem which is spread among many clients in which Outlook takes long time when you create or reply first message after starting outlook , our clients are windows XP with SP3 and the Microsoft office is office 2003 with SP3 , My machine suffers from this error although i have patched it to the latest updates from Microsoft update , I have Mcafee Viruscan Enterprise 8.5.0i and i have disabled access protection when outlook startes but it did not solve the problem Apprecite quick advice and any troubleshooting tips Ahmedg You mentioned e...

Importing List from Excel to Word printing labels spacing problems
When I import my mailing list from Excel to Word to print mailing labels (30 per page) my labels have large spaces between the lines. For example they look like this: John Doe P.O. Box 000 City, State, Zip And then if I have a business name before John Doe it gets cut off. Is there a way to decrease the space between the lines so it fits better? I have figured out how to do one at a time, but we have 4,000 of these to print! I would like it to look like: John Doe P.O. Box 000 City, State, Zip Thanks for any help! Sounds like a question for a Word newsgroup, not...

Menu in Word behaving oddly; items (like the entire contents of the Tools menu) disappearing...
Hey, I'd be oh-so-grateful if anyone has any idea how I could address this problem. I'm quite mystified. I'm running MS Word for X on my Mac (OS 10.4.3), and lately some odd things have begun happening. At first I was just working around them, but I've decided live my computer life too much that way (ignoring problems and hoping they go away), so thought I should look into this before it gets out of control. Items have been disappearing from the Word menu bar. That is, for instance, after I had used the "Symbols" option under the "Insert" menu one day, it di...

Word 2004 Filenames as autotext
I frequently place file names in footers using AutoText. Suddenly Word is adding "FILENAME" before my file name. There are also a grayed-out box before and after the text. So "file.doc" is now "FILENANE file.doc." How do I get Word to just add the file name without "FILENAME" and these boxes? I've been using Word since it was first introduced. Sometimes I think that this program has just become far too cumbersome. Thanks for your help. E. Volchok In article <1180564378.495744.312060@h2g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>, edvolchok@nyc.rr.com wrot...

Word: The document 'Filename' caused a serious error the last time ...
Upon opening some previously created Word 2003 documents, users on our network are receiving the message: The document 'Filename' caused a serious error the last time it was opened. Would you like to continue opening it? At which point the document can not be opened and the user is presented with the option to pull available unformatted text from the <ocument. ... or ... Word stops responding completely and you have to end-task on Word. Searching Microsoft will tell that you can remove the documents in question from the disabled list in Word. Indeed you can, but thi...

How Do I Copy A List Of Filenames Into A Word Document?
I have a list of filenames in a directory and I wish to copy and paste the names of the files only into a WORD document. How do I go about this task? See the freeware Printfolders utility that you can download from my web site. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> &q...

Merging Protected word documents.
I have 3 Protected word documents that I would like to have in 1 document. I cannot get them to keep their individual spacing ad margins when I import the documents. How can I do this? ...

How do i post a 200-300 assignment as a word checkpoint
My instructor wants us to send a assignment in a 200-300 word checkpoint how do i post as a checkpoint should i just use microsoft words as the checkpoint? "cap5869" <cap5869@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6F749AE-E914-4A0E-B720-B9FD90E37C72@microsoft.com... > My instructor wants us to send a assignment in a 200-300 word checkpoint > how > do i post as a checkpoint should i just use microsoft words as the > checkpoint? Either you've misunderstood, or your instructor needs to clarify what a "checkpoint" is. No such thing in an...

Office 2004
When I try to launch finder to open a saved document in word 2004, excel 2004 or powerpoint 2004, Finder takes a ling time to launch. Any ideas why this is happening? Powerbook G4 1GB RAM Office 2004 20GB HDD Free ________________ Chetan Ullal Hi Chetan, You mean the File | Open dialog takes a long time to come up? (I'm not sure whether Open/Save dialogs are actually the Finder) Or are you actually switching over to the Finder, and it takes a long time to let you do anything? Do you have an iDisk from .mac, by any chance? I think iDisk has been connected to slow Open/Save dialogs....

Create Labels in Word
I am having difficulty creating labels using the mail merge wizard in word. I followed the directions exactly and it does not show my labels after I create them. ...

Problem with email mail merge
Is there a problem using word 2002 and outlook 2003 when using the email mail merge funtion. When i execute the mail merge no outgoing emails are generated? Any ideas? // Mats ...

how do I set up header words at an angle?
I have 10 items I want to use on the header line. Then on left column I want to use names. Then be able to check off the items as they are done for the client. Since the items are 10-20 characters, it will be easier to read at an angle. Thanks for help! Word 2007 or earlier can't do this (although Word 2010 will be able to). Instead, make your table in Excel, which can angle the headers, and then copy/paste it into Word. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup ...

How do i change a digit into word i,e 1 = one
Hello! It is Hari Krishna, RAIPUR when ever i using the Excel it is probleamitic for me do a single work two times, first i write a digit then in words like 100 then in words like one hundred so, i want to minimise my work. pls help There is no direct functions to convert this. For a VBA solution check out the below links http://support.microsoft.com/kb/213360 http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/ValueToWords.htm http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html -- Jacob "HARI KRISHNA" wrote: > Hello! > > It is Hari Krishna, RAIPUR when ever i using t...

Word 2007 is not responding
I can open microsoft word but once I take my curser to anything it 'says not responding'. I cannot maximize the document; it will not let me open exisiting documents - basically I cannot do anything (but open it). Everything else in my mircosoft suite is working fine - just not word. I have already tried to do a system refresh (or what ever it is called) and still it is not working. I am starting to loose my mind and would really like to be able to use Word - as I am a grad student who really needs to be able to write in word. Sincerely, Very desparate Microsoft Wo...

word will not print envelope, goes to letter, why?
I want to print an address on an envelope, no document, just and envelope, MS Word defaults me to a document to be printed, how can I print out just the envelope? Print page 0 or section 1. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "jedi001" <jedi001@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:04B08074-1CA4-4AC4-BBE6-21D4C62E467B@microsoft.com... > I want to print an address on an envelope, no document, just and envelope, > MS Word defaults me to a document to be printed, how can I pr...

Editing a line in Word 2003
I am trying to edit a line when creating a form in Word. Sometimes when I hover over the line, I can't seem to get the four cornered arrow that will allow me to edit. Has anyone ever had that happen? I need to be able to see the lines in this document and to use "underline" isn't working each time. Meaning I can see it for "name" and "address", but then when I try to use it for "date" there is no line. It says it's underlined, but I can't see it on the page. I thought Linedraw was the way to go, but if I can't edit...

My word froze and is asking for a product number
My microsoft word froze and now its asking me for a product number. Where do I find this since word came preinstalled on my computer? My daughter is a homeschooler and needs the computer alot for her classes especially word. Please help!! Thanks fierylegs It sounds like what you have is a trial version of the software that has expired. See http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/products/HA101941831033.aspx#5 -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professional basis. "fier...