word freezes when opening drawing toolbar

Version: 2008

When I try to open the drawing toolbar in Microsoft Word, the entire program freezes. I tried to wait out the spinwheel but it doesn't work. I read bulletins on here about steps to take but I am not sure I am doing them right. If someone could direct me step by step on how to resolve this problem I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Open a Contact Record From a Task Using Code
Hi All, I have tasks which are regarding Cases which in turn are linked to contacts. These tasks MUST be regarding cases. Then, when i close the task and a certain check box is not check i need to open the contact record that is the customer for the case associated with the task. Before opening the contact record i need to have an alert " Would you like to update the contact record " yes/no, if yes then open it otherwise save and close the task. I know i need to use window.open() but i'm not sure how to pass the right parameters in order to get the right contact record. A...

Business Portal 2.5 Return opening a local copy of Great Plains
When upgrading to Business Portal 2.5 from 2.0 I was told by MBS tech support that due to security reasons, the feature to open a local copy of Great Plains was removed and I must connect using a terminal server. Please PUT THIS FEATURE BACK IN !!! This was a great feature and losing it will create more work from me. Here are some other reasons; 1) it is slower. 2) I have to log in 2 more times, first for WTS, second for Great Plains. 3) In order to log into Great Plains using WTS, I must first log out of my local running copy of Great Plains. 4) It is a security risk to open up WTS ...

outlook crashes after open
Hello, I have a user who has administrative rights and Windows XP Pro Sp2 English Office 2003 . When we open the e-mail , it crashes and gives following error. AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 11.0.5510.0 AppStamp:3f1380f0 ModName: mso.dll ModVer: 11.0.5606.0 ModStamp:3f334cce fDebug: 0 Offset: 0001f442 When we would like to try in different machine , also makes the same problem. I checked Exchange 2003 System Manager and also Active Directory users and rights but same the same. I checked Technet , no answer has about this issue. I tried Remove the Profile from local machine and synchronize...

"unable to open your default email folder"
After a successful install (and reinstall) of Office XP, and attempt to open Outlook, I get the message "unable to open your default email folder Could not open the item. Try again" I click OK. Next message is "do you want open your default file system folder instead" I click OK and get a screen with the title bar of Microsoft Office and all the menues but with a window showing "my computer" and all the drives etc. Under Tools the Option button is grayed out so the suggestions I have read so far I am not able to access. I tried copying my Office 2002 pst file ...

Open read only but update when changes are made / refresh
Hi, If anyone can point in the right direction to answering this question, I would be very thankful. I was wondering if it's possible to lock an excel file and have other people open a read-only copy but have them recieve notifications when the locked file is updated. Is this possible? If you need any clarification, please ask. -Watson ...

can't open *.dbf in Excel
File created on NT using PowerBuilder in dBaseIII format. then FTP to UNIX and then using SendMail sent to email address. Can't open this .DBF file using Excel 97 or 2000. It give error: Can not open Protected File. Any idea or suggesion, Thanks, Ranvir I found the following in an <old> KB article for much earlier versions of Excel, but I don't know if it still applies to Excel 97/2000 or even to your scenario. CAUSE ===== This error may occur if the first three characters in a tab-delimited text file are, in the following order: (C or K)(any character)(return/line...

Opening Workbook from User Form
I have a User Form that has a control Button for opening exsisiting Workbooks. How can I get the File Open Screen to open when the Control Button is Clicked. Is there anyway to get the same Open File Screen that Excel uses to open? Where the user can pick the location and file to open. Control Button name is "Open_Exsisiting_Job_Folder_Label_9" Thanks Private Sub Open_Exsisiting_Job_Folder_Label_9_Click() fileToOPen = Application _ .GetOpenFilename("Excel Files (*.xls), *.xls") If fileToOPen = False Then MsgBox ("Cannot Open file - exiting Macr...

Office won't open on network
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3242566434_30712469 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit Help. I have used MS Office/Mac since its inception in all it�s iterations. We have been using MS Office/Mac/2004 for two years. We have a home network, LAN. Wife has Mac Mini(OS X.4.x and Ibook G 3, X.2.x). I have IMAC G-5 (OSX 3.9) and Powerbook G-4 (OSX 3.9). We have Office 2004 installed on all computers and don�t use identities and h...

Button to Append then Open Form to Record
I am trying to create a button that appends the TrackingID field to my table "tblContractPOTracking" then opens form "frmContractPOTracking" to the TrackingID that was just appended. Does that make sense? What doe would i enter and where? the Private Sub Command31_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Command31_Click Dim stDocName As String stDocName = "AppendTrackingId" DoCmd.OpenQuery stDocName, acNormal, acEdit Exit_Command31_Click: Exit Sub ...

Exmerge Error opening message store (MSEMS)
Hi I'm trying to exmerge a users mailbox to a .pst file but i'm having problems. I've added the user account to the mailbox store and given send as and receive as permissions. I've also delegated control of the exchange organisation to this user and I have even tried to add the user to the users mailbox through AD Users and Computers (security tab, send as/receive as permission). But whenever I try to export the user mailbox, i still get the error message. Error opening message store (MSEMS). Verify that the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service is running and...

Opening a file through Explorer-co9ntext menu Open With...
Hi, my MFC application crashes when I close it if - and only if - I opened it through the explorer context menu. If I open it through the MPU menu in the application, or if I drag'n'drop from explorer, or use the "file -> open document" menu there is no problem. What does the system do differently when I open a file through the Open With... context menu item? When you open using Explorer it passes the file name in on the command line and attempts to open it when parsing the command line in InitInstance(). Tom "Michael Nielsen" <mnielsen@cvmt.dk> wr...

Opening Access Database
I have done a mail merge in word and all my data seems to be in stored as an Access database, but if I go to Access I can't open the database. It comes up with error 3343 - unrecognized database format. I am trying to print off a copy of my database. I have Works Suite 2002. Unfortunately I don't know which version of Access I have. I'm not terribly computer literate. How do I find out? Lowenda I don't believe Access is included in the Works Suite. You can check at www.microsoft.com -- Regards Jeff Boyce www.InformationFutures.net Microsoft Office/Access MVP...

New email opens automatically when computer is idle
Does anyone have any idea why this is happening: When outlook is OPEN and it seems like when the screen saver is running or computer is idle (monitor turns off using windows power saving configuration) and an email is open. When new email comes in, it will automatically open it. No settings have been changed from the installation (not that im aware of) - Auto archive and messenger was turned off (un checked). When the computer is in use and outlook is open, this does not happen. It seems to happen only when the computer is idle and or the screensaver is running. I have never herd of this...

Open a form in context from a multiple item form
I have a multiple item form based on a query. It is a list of customers along with the total invoice amount. Each customer is identified by a category AND the customer name. I have added a button at the end of each line to open a form that allows me to edit the customer and also display a list of invlices in a subform. No matter what I try, the form I'm trying to open always displays the same customer record. It will not display the customer of the row in which I clicked on the button. I'm sure that this can't be that difficult, I just can't crack it. I am a beginn...

Mailmerge to Outlook from Word
Hi, I attempted to do a Mailmerge to Outlook from Word. I worked OK but the messages were dumped into my Outbox and were sent off before I could modify them. Yep ! I need to modify hem before they go. I need to attach various files to various messages so I need the mails to be deposited in some other Outlook Folder where they can remain "on hold" or else some way to suspend the Outbox behaviour that send the messages as soon as it can. Is that possible ? Thanks Some guy on the newsgroup I'm sure Sue will have the answer for this .. File | Work Offline, or unplug t...

Open Args PivotChart Form
looked in help but can't seem to locate what is the opening argument for a pivotchart to open in graph chart form... made a button to open it - and it opens it in form view not chart view....tried acChart or acChartView but no luck.....kind of drives me crazy when I can't locate info that I know should be findable...... used a macro instead which works...but would like to know still......tia -- NTC ...

Extract last words in cell
Hi all, I need some help. I have to import lists that look like that below and need to extract to seperate cells the words/letters after the postcode (BA5 2AA etc). In the first example H and No will move to seperate cells, Deleted and No likewise and H No and 04/07/2003 likewise. The full address up to the postcode will remain. Any help as always much appreciated. 10, First ROAD, MEXLEY, KENT BA5 2AA H No HENLEYS, Yellow ROAD, Bromley, KENT ZA3 2AS Deleted No MANOR Road HOUSE, Dirt ROAD, Grays, Essex BD4 3LX H No 04/07/2003 Thanks Hi based on this example data I doubt this is really po...

Inserting several page word doc..
I am trying to insert a multipage word document, with tables, into an existing word document. I am using office 2003 and I am aware that I can't use Insert Object because that only inserts the first page. I am really in a bind. I am trying to create a contract with exhibits at the end of the contract. I am able to copy, but the formatting is completely off base. Please help bail me out.... Thanks, Hi Teresa, 1. Place your cursor where you want to insert the file. 2. On the Insert menu, click File. 3. In the Insert File dialog box, select the file that you want to inse...

How to hide or disable toolbars and ribbon in word with vba or vb6
I am trying to hide or disable the ribbon and toolbars in Word 2007, within a VB6 program, but have been unable to get it to work. I am using early binding so that I can see the Word objects and methods, but have been unable to find a combination that will work on my files. Have tried Dim wrd As Word.Application Dim obar As Office.CommandBar For Each obar In wrd.CommandBars obar.Enabled = False obar.visible = False Next I assume there is something I am missing here. What would be the best way to do this? Thanks, Norm ...

I Open email, hit Reply and it sends several emails with no message.
Hello, I open my email, hit Reply and before I can write anything it sends the email out with no message. Usually this happens twice and the third time it will wait until I write the message and click Send. I'm sure it's annoying to the person receiving this. Can you tell me how to fix this? Thanks!!! -- tms Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com Are you hitting Alt-S ? That will send the email. Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate 64 http://download.live.com/wlmail "tms" wrote in message news:tms.4e5n4e@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com... ...

Excel 2000 Word Wrap
When using the word wrap feature to type text in cell(s), the text stops word wrapping after a certain point. The cell(s) are set up correctly (merge cells, wrap text) and the feature works up to a certain point, i.e. text is wrapping as it should, but suddenly stops wrapping and disappears. Enlarging the cell(s), adding additional rows, changing the font size are not working. Any help? ...

Whats the best way to export out to Word?
My friend has a newsletter that needs to get exported to Word. What is the best way? RTF hoses images, is there any coverters, or a new feature she can install to get that exported?? Thanks Copy and paste. But why not save it as a .pdf file and maintain the formatting? Plus you won't have to worry about whether or not the target audience has Word (and at least your version of it). "Mikey Wells" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:034501c3d496$35646260$a301280a@phx.gbl... > My friend has a newsletter that needs to get exported to > Wor...

convert Access 2000 file to Word 2002
Is there an easy way? An Access file CANNOT be converted to Word. You can export a report to Word. -- Lynn Trapp MS Access MVP www.ltcomputerdesigns.com Access Security: www.ltcomputerdesigns.com/Security.htm "Lee" <lpeavy@marlinengineering.com> wrote in message news:054b01c39351$0c6670a0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is there an easy way? ...

PDF disables Word Macros
Hello, We just upgraded our XP boxes to Word 2007 (SP2) with Acrobat PDFMaker (Reader 9.3.1) as a COM Addin. When we PDF one of our Word Docs (that contains Macros), we can no longer run macros in that document (Word Error: "The macro cannot be found or has been disabled because of your Macro security settings," or "The macros in this project are disabled.") The macros again work perfectly after we close and then reopen the affected document. Trust Center Macro Security is set to "Enable all." My problem sounds exactly like one I found here:...

Linking data to drawing
Dear all, Can anybody guide me, how to link the data in excel to make drawin from its drawin g options like lines, circles etc -- sumit487 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- sumit4879's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1628 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27687 Maybe you're referring to linking a cell's contents to display inside an autoshape ... If so, play around with this .. Draw an autoshape, say: a circle (oval) on the sheet Right-click on it > Select "...