Word doc format

I tried to email a word attachment written on office for mac 2008 home version, but the recipient couldn't open the doc. recipient using windows xp.
0
rlciii (1)

rlciii@officeformac.com <rlciii@officeformac.com> wrote:
> I tried to email a word attachment written on office for mac 2008 home
> version, but the recipient couldn't open the doc. recipient using windows
> xp.

If they don't have a recent version of Windows Office, they may not be able
to open a .docx file. Choose File > Save As and save as a .doc file.

--
Adam Bailey    | Chicago, Illinois
adamb@lull.org | Finger/Web for PGP & S/MIME

Initialization of SDI Doc/View interface from MFC-based dll
I am trying to create MFC-based dll that will present SDI Doc/View interface to the user. My question is at the end of this rather lengthy post. This dll will be called from Win32 application that is not MFC based (also, this app is written in C, not in C++). I created MFC-based dll project (called MFCDLL) using the Wizard. In this project I created following classes: CPrintingDoc (derived from CDocument) CPrintingView (derived from CView) CMainFrame (derived from CFrameWnd) I created an exported function in this dll: extern "C" __declspec(dllexport) int SomeFunction(int n) { ...

Word should have templates for APA and other format standards
---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=9a5eb800-ed4a-4084-9aad-c3584be912a0&dg=microsoft.public.word.docmanagement Why should Word provide the templates? Shouldn't it be up to ...

Formatting cells as hexadecimal
I want to format cells as hexadecimal. When I import a text file with hex numbers in it Excel interprets 07E06 as scientific notation and changes the cell to 7.00E+06. I want to convert this hex number to decimal but cannot because Excel has erroneously converted it to scientific notation. Any ideas? If you rename your text file to .txt, then import the file (File|open?), you'll see a text to columns wizard that will allow you to specify each field. You can tell excel that that field is text--so it won't "help" by converting your data. Joe wrote: > > I want to ...

Access Default File Format
All of our users are running Access XP. The default file format is Access 2000, so every new database created uses this format. We need to change 50 users options so that new databases are created in Access 2002 format. I haven't found an easy way to automate this or script it. It appears to be user specific and not machine specific. Can anyone help? Take a look at this article from the MSDN library. It is for A2K but there may be a newer version or this one might give you enough info to find the specific setting you need. Setting Global Options Programmatically in Access 2000 http...

Formatting with CONCATENATE
I would like to use the TODAY() function with a leading word, in this case "Per ". The formula ="Per "&TODAY() produces "Per 38238" and I can't see any way to format the "38238" to make today's date readable. It's easy to do it by using 2 columns, one for "Per" and one for the date, but is there any way to do this in one column? Hi, Try some variation of the following: ="Per "&TEXT(TODAY(),"MM-DD-YY") >-----Original Message----- >I would like to use the TODAY() function with a leading word, in...

How do I change the date format?
If anyone could help, I would be appreciative... I have 800 rows of data where the date is currently formatted: 1. YYYYMMDD How do I change this to MM/DD/YYYY? 2. Telephone number is currently formatted as 7607236300. How do I change this to 760-723-6300? Thank you for helping me. #1. Select the column with the dates Data|text to columns (xl2003 menus) Choose Fixed widths, but don't include any separator lines. Choose Date (ymd order) and finish up. Change the number format (format|cells|number tab) to the format you want (mm/dd/yyyy). #2. Select the range t...

Endnote Format

Finding data for a chart in word
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3325082853_2433946 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit After inserting a chart in a word document I cannot seem to get back to the excel worksheet update data on the chart. Advice please. Thank you. Joe --B_3325082853_2433946 Content-type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable <HTML> <HEAD> <TITLE>Finding data for a chart in word<...

Outlook 2003 email editor and Word 2003
Hello everyone. I have a client who is having a problem with outlook and word. When she opens an email and tries to reply using Word editor through Outlook she gets an error. "Microsoft Word is set to be your email editor. However, Word is unavailable, not installed, or is not the same version of Outlook. The Outlook email-will be used instead. When she does type an email on Outlook, spell check tool does not spell check her words/sentence. Also, when she opens word and tries to type something, words/sentences don't appear on the document. I've reinstalled office...

how do i format multiple cells to calculate a sum?
hi there, im am relatively new to excel and use it only to enter and store herd lists for my farming. i have to enter a large amount of information for each cow but have been told that there is a way to automate some of the calculations that need to be made. here is an example HERD NO M/F COL D--O--B First Check date 10265 M B 05/03/02 01/10/02 the first check date is calculated by the sum "=(E2+210)" Where E2 is the D.O.B. and 210 being days. the calculation gives the result simply as a date. my question is that if i enter the nessesary information su...

modifying text within word 2007 document
Okay, here is what I am trying to do in Word 2007. I have finished writing a large amount of text with minimal formatting (page numbers and caps and fonts, spacing, etc). I would like to accomplish the following: I want to select all this text and have numbered lines appear to the left (far left margin) as, say, an archaic legal deposition might retain. I do not want to disturb the text formatting (font, spacing, etc.). I used to do this task quite easily in Word Perfect yet I cannot find this feature with Word. All help is greatly appreciated. Okay I think I {self} discovered t...

For "Marker Line Style" see Point.Format.Line.Weight
This is not a question, just a place to record the answer to this question in case somebody else searches for it; or I forget again in the future. I wanted to know: What object do I use to set the heaviness of the lines in a chart point marker? Not the series line, the point marker eg the asterisk xlMarkerStyleStar In the UI it's right-click, Format Data Point Marker Line style, Width 2pt say. In VBA I can set oPoint.MarkerStyle = xlMarkerStyleStar but I can't find any reference to "Marker Line Style" and neither did this newsgroup - until now I guess. And of course...

Import MS Word 2003 Table to Excel
I have a word document that has many tables. I need to take each table and put them into one cell in excel if possible. I have several test documents that I was able to transfer the information from Word to Excel in a row per record. I need to keep the tables with their respective row(record). Any help is greatly appreciated. ...

Works 9 Word Processor Opening Older files
Hi I have Vista Home Premium and Works 9 Suite I am unable to open older Word documents in Works 9, I believe they are Word 2003 files. Message says 'there is not enough memory to open file' This is a new pc and has more than enough memory to open an 88kb document so it must be a conversion problem but what and how I resolve it is a mystery to me. I have tried opening in Wordpad and Notepad and although I can see some words that are in the document it is not readable. Any suggestions please? Did you install the Word component of Works Suite or ...

Why can't I transfer clipboard from Word to Publisher?
I have Publisher 2003 and the new (non-commercial) Office and I can't seem to transfer anything from Word to Publisher. What gives? Copy, Paste should work. -- Don Vancouver, USA "lucy" <lucy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:53E2DE93-98BA-4F9C-B3CF-C92E601A76DE@microsoft.com... >I have Publisher 2003 and the new (non-commercial) Office and I can't seem >to > transfer anything from Word to Publisher. What gives? Open the Office clipboard in both Word and Publisher. (Edit menu) -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ h...

We just got upgraded to Micro. 2003 and let me tell you it's not pretty. I previously had a lengthy Word doc with a bunch of charts linked from an Excel worksheet I had. Since the upgrade I had to re-link every chart because the links no longer work, why is this?????? Also after I cut and paste special as a link each chart I can no longer freely move the chart around or even right click to get properties and select the size I want the chart to show. I paste it in the right column of a word doc table so I need to size it to fit into the column and I can no longer do this. This i...

Page Layout like Word?
We're using Excel 2002. I have a user that is telling me that he works in Excel with page layout exactly like Word (with the margins and gray area between pages). I showed him Print Preview, but that's not what he means. Page Break Preview is also not what he means because it doesn't show the margins. Is he right? Is there a print layout view in Excel like Word? Hi AFAIK there's no such view -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Doreen" <doreo715@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:eZxDm9CwEHA.1524@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > We're using...

Auto Word Select #4
Hi, I need to know how i can get a list of words to act as auto selects, so that i dont need to type them constantly across my worksheet. I heard that i need a combo box. i am using excel 2000. Thanks for your help. ...

Copying a doc from Excel and pasting it into Word.
I have a 2 page doc in Word. When I paste the excel spreadsheet to page 2, it doesn't fit. I have tried MS help. I still need help. Thanks. -- KEN Hi KC, When you paste an object such as an Excel workbook into Word, Word will only display as much as will fit onto a single page in Word, regardless of how the workbook is configured in Excel. You can, of course, reduce the object's scaling so that more of it will fit - you can increase the # of rows/columns by opening the embedded object then dragging the handles at the sides/top/bottom. If that's not what you want, you can ma...

Trying to automatically import specific data from Excel into Word:
Thanks in advance for anyone who can help me with this: I'll start by explaining the spreadsheet I created in Excel (an inventory / information worksheet): It is pretty simple; approximately 12 columns. The key column is the item number / UPC / bar code number, then after that there are various information columns including item name, description, condition, picture links, etc. Secondly, I created a template Microsoft Word document that is relatively long, but will have a few lines (give or take...about 7) customized for each item on the inventory. What I am trying to d...

Outlook won't accept Word as Email editor
I have been successfully using WORD as my email editor in Outlook 2000. I just upgraded to Outlook 2002, and I have lost the option in Outlook 2002 to "Use Microsoft Word to edit email messages." The option is grey-out. I have tried to activate by changing the "Compose in this message formt" between the options of Rich text, HTML, and plain text, but this had made no difference. I don't use a signature, as I am aware that this can cause a problem with trying to use WORD as the email editor. I have looked at my WORD options, and everything appears OK. I wil...

Why does my office home and student 2007 Word say non-commercial u
I installed Office Home and Student on my HP laptop and the word program says "non-commercial use" at the top and i cannot save my word files. Please help. Thank you It says "Non-Commercial Use" because the Home and Student Edition is licensed for personal, home use only and cannot be used in a business or commercial venture of any sort. This has no effect on your ability to save files, however, as the HSE is otherwise identical to other editions. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org &q...

Formatting of Cell Comments within XML-Files
I generate an Excel file from a templating system, thus I go with XML. This works pretty fine, with one notable exception: I have not yet figured out how to format cell comments: | <Cell> | <Data ss:Type="String">this is the content</Data> | <Comment><ss:Data>this is a comment</ss:Data></Comment> | </Cell> If I write a comment in Excel and save the worksheet in native xls format, the size and position of the comment are saved. If I construct an XML file with the same contents, I can't find any tag or property to set ei...

Validate the format of a number
I need to determine that an entered serial number is valid. It must check that it is 11 characters and follows the format as follows: a letter, followed by a number, followed by 2 letters, followed by 6 numbers, and ending with a letter. For example, the user enters D7PM234567B and the cell next to it would indicate 'valid' or something similar. If 87PM2345674 was entered, it was indicate 'invalid' next to it or something similar to alert the user it is not in the correct format. Thank you very much in advance. Steve This formula =AND(LEN(A1)=11,CODE(...