Word crashes on opening after changing to Intel

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

I just ended migrating Office to an iMac intel. Now I cannot open Word. I tried reinstalling Office but the error remains. Here is the repport:

Microsoft Error Reporting log version: 2.0

Error Signature:
Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS
Date/Time: 2009-06-17 08:14:45 +0000
Application Name: Microsoft Word
Application Bundle ID: com.microsoft.Word
Application Signature: MSWD
Application Version: 12.1.9.090515
Crashed Module Name: MicrosoftComponentPlugin
Crashed Module Version: unknown
Crashed Module Offset: 0x000d2607
Blame Module Name: MicrosoftComponentPlugin
Blame Module Version: unknown
Blame Module Offset: 0x000d2607
Application LCID: 1033
Extra app info: Reg=en Loc=0x0409

Thread 0 crashed:

# 1 0x0164f607 in _MsoPvCallocExCore + 0x0000004D (MicrosoftComponentPlugin + 0x000d2607)
# 2 0x0070b3c1 in _wdCommandDispatch + 0x003EE725 (Microsoft Word + 0x0070a3c1)
# 3 0x0071728e in _wdCommandDispatch + 0x003FA5F2 (Microsoft Word + 0x0071628e)
# 4 0x007173ed in _wdCommandDispatch + 0x003FA751 (Microsoft Word + 0x007163ed)
# 5 0x006f23ec in _wdCommandDispatch + 0x003D5750 (Microsoft Word + 0x006f13ec)
# 6 0x006fb990 in _wdCommandDispatch + 0x003DECF4 (Microsoft Word + 0x006fa990)
# 7 0x00262af7 in __mh_execute_header + 0x00261AF7 (Microsoft Word + 0x00261af7)
# 8 0x00194fa2 in __mh_execute_header + 0x00193FA2 (Microsoft Word + 0x00193fa2)
# 9 0x0019215a in __mh_execute_header + 0x0019115A (Microsoft Word + 0x0019115a)
# 10 0x020a5f2e in CNamespaceManager::Initialize(int) + 0x000024AE (MicrosoftOffice + 0x002f2f2e)
# 11 0x020a4e90 in CNamespaceManager::Initialize(int) + 0x00001410 (MicrosoftOffice + 0x002f1e90)
# 12 0x01b56adb in (MSXML + 0x00086adb)
# 13 0x01b56a1b in (MSXML + 0x00086a1b)
# 14 0x01b57f26 in (MSXML + 0x00087f26)
# 15 0x01b57fa9 in (MSXML + 0x00087fa9)
# 16 0x01b58502 in (MSXML + 0x00088502)
# 17 0x01b410f9 in (MSXML + 0x000710f9)
# 18 0x020a2a1a in CNamespaceManager::~CNamespaceManager() + 0x000007EA (MicrosoftOffice + 0x002efa1a)
# 19 0x020a5d6e in CNamespaceManager::Initialize(int) + 0x000022EE (MicrosoftOffice + 0x002f2d6e)
# 20 0x001f56bc in __mh_execute_header + 0x001F46BC (Microsoft Word + 0x001f46bc)
# 21 0x001f6fb4 in __mh_execute_header + 0x001F5FB4 (Microsoft Word + 0x001f5fb4)
# 22 0x0018e9cd in __mh_execute_header + 0x0018D9CD (Microsoft Word + 0x0018d9cd)
# 23 0x001f78c2 in __mh_execute_header + 0x001F68C2 (Microsoft Word + 0x001f68c2)
# 24 0x001f8070 in __mh_execute_header + 0x001F7070 (Microsoft Word + 0x001f7070)
# 25 0x001f860e in __mh_execute_header + 0x001F760E (Microsoft Word + 0x001f760e)
# 26 0x005d2511 in _wdCommandDispatch + 0x002B5875 (Microsoft Word + 0x005d1511)
# 27 0x00b8f01e in _wdGetApplicationObject + 0x00459EF4 (Microsoft Word + 0x00b8e01e)
# 28 0x0067862a in _wdCommandDispatch + 0x0035B98E (Microsoft Word + 0x0067762a)
# 29 0x006791ff in _wdCommandDispatch + 0x0035C563 (Microsoft Word + 0x006781ff)
# 30 0x00ae7516 in _wdGetApplicationObject + 0x003B23EC (Microsoft Word + 0x00ae6516)
# 31 0x00aefe77 in _wdGetApplicationObject + 0x003BAD4D (Microsoft Word + 0x00aeee77)
# 32 0x0225649c in __WlmMain + 0x00000047 (MicrosoftOffice + 0x004a349c)
# 33 0x00ad553c in _wdGetApplicationObject + 0x003A0412 (Microsoft Word + 0x00ad453c)
# 34 0x00002c82 in __mh_execute_header + 0x00001C82 (Microsoft Word + 0x00001c82)
# 35 0x00002ba9 in __mh_execute_header + 0x00001BA9 (Microsoft Word + 0x00001ba9)

X86 Thread State:
 eax: 0x9e969c86 ebx: 0x00000000 ecx: 0x04ff92ae edx:0x9e969c8e
 edi: 0xfffffffc esi: 0x0492423c ebp: 0xbfff9658 esp:0xbfff9640
  ss: 0x0000001f eip: 0x0164f607 cs: 0x00000017 ds:0x0000001f
  es: 0x0000001f fs: 0x00000000 gs: 0x00000037 eflags:0x00010286

Thread 1:

# 1 0x958153a6 in _signgam + 0x9566E482 (libSystem.B.dylib + 0x000013a6)
# 2 0x9589ceab in _signgam + 0x956F5F87 (libSystem.B.dylib + 0x00088eab)
# 3 0x01ac2d7d in _MerpCreateSessio
0
Prasm (10)

In article <59b76b9d.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>,
 Prasm@officeformac.com wrote:

> Version: 2008
> Processor: Intel
>
> I just ended migrating Office to an iMac intel. Now I cannot open Word. I
> tried reinstalling Office but the error remains. Here is the repport:

Migration is always a bad idea. Likewise, reinstalling, unless you run
the Remove Office application first.

Run Remove Office (on your install CD), then reinstall and update Office.
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
6/17/2009 10:48:49 AM
Sorry. I tried. I didn't work. Same reaktion and the other Office applications work fine.

New suggestions?
0
Prasm (10)
6/17/2009 12:35:11 PM
On 6/17/09 5:35 AM, in article 59b76b9d.1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"Prasm@officeformac.com" <Prasm@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Sorry. I tried.

Did you drag Office to the trash or did you use "Remove Office" to remove?

--
Diane

On 6/17/09 1:23 AM, in article 59b76b9d.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"Prasm@officeformac.com" <Prasm@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Crashed Module Name: MicrosoftComponentPlugin
> Crashed Module Version: unknown
> Crashed Module Offset: 0x000d2607
> Blame Module Name: MicrosoftComponentPlugin
> Blame Module Version: unknown

The Microsoft Component Plugin is the key file that shows if Office is
updated.

Steps to re-install Office

<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/install/reinstall_steps.html>

In step 3 it tells you to drag the Office folder to the trash. I suggest you
use "Remove Office".

<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/install/remove_office.html>

you should make a backup copy of the preferences and templates in another
location on the machine before running the removal tool. You'll also need
your CD key when you re-install.

--
Diane

I used Remove Office, and I actually also threw away the storges with the key numbers.
I noticed however that the usertemplates and the Normal.dotm were untouched.
I will try again and this time remove the templates to a secure place and remember to restart between actions.
This is very tiring but your information about the crucial file is a great help.

P�tur
0
Prasm (10)
6/17/2009 7:55:58 PM
Now I tried to start from scratch. I used Remove Office og removed other things too. After installing 12.0.0 I opended Word and got the same message.

Has nobody else experienced this?

P�tur
0
Prasm (10)
6/17/2009 8:27:11 PM
On 6/17/09 12:55 PM, in article 59b76b9d.4@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"Prasm@officeformac.com" <Prasm@officeformac.com> wrote:

> I used Remove Office, and I actually also threw away the storges with the key
> numbers.
> I noticed however that the usertemplates and the Normal.dotm were untouched.
> I will try again and this time remove the templates to a secure place and
> remember to restart between actions.

With all Microsoft applications quit, move the Microsoft User Data folder in
Documents to the desktop. When you open any Office application, it will
create a new one. If this clears the problem, you can look to the old folder
for any files that you might need. Some you can just drag back, but you
might need to copy the contents into the new file.

Delete the Microsoft User Data folder after you are satisfied that you have
recovered all your data. Entourage stores your mail in the Office 2008
Identities folder.

--
Diane

I have succeeded. The thing is that not even "Remove Office" removes what should be removed. I Removed Office and everything in the Office folders in User/Library/Application Support and in User/Library/Preferences.

I saved my templates in another place.

Then I installed from scratch and Restarted in between and started up Excel and Word every time in between.

Now I have reached 12.1.9 and Word is working!

Thank you for the assistance.

P�tur in Reykjav�k, Iceland
0
Prasm (10)
6/17/2009 9:47:03 PM
Now Word is working on its own but I cannot open a single file made before.

Then comes the same ugly message.

This is not fun.

P�tur in Reykjav�k
0
Prasm (10)
6/17/2009 11:35:43 PM
Are you dbl-clicking the files in Finder or using File> Open from within
Word? Or does it not matter which method?

Were the files created by Word 2008 or by a different version? What is the
file format of those that won't open (.doc, .docx. .rtf...)?

By "ugly message" do you mean that Word crashes when you attempt to open the
files? The only message alluded to in your prior posts is presumably the one
that precedes the MERP. The content of the message has not been stated. What
is the wording of the message involved if not the standard "...Word has to
close" notification generated on crash?

Try running Disk Utility - Repair Disk Permissions then restart & see if
Word will open the older files.

If that doesn't correct it, select one of those files in a Finder window,
key Cmd+I (Get Info), then reset the Open With: to MS Word (12.1.9) & click
the Change All button.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 6/17/09 7:35 PM, in article 59b76b9d.8@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"Prasm@officeformac.com" <Prasm@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Now Word is working on its own but I cannot open a single file made before.
>
> Then comes the same ugly message.
>
> This is not fun.
>
> P�tur in Reykjav�k

The ugly message is the one in the error report above.
Besides I have done all the things you mentioned.
The files are made by the same Word and the same version of Word as the one I use now. The only difference being the new Intel-computer.
I tried using the new created Normal.dotm and then it opens. But if I transfer the style sheet from my old Normal.dotm then Word crashes again on start-up. Always the same error report.
I havn't tryed to open a file from within Word � that might work.
0
Prasm (10)
6/18/2009 11:33:28 AM
On 6/18/09 4:33 AM, in article 59b76b9d.10@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"Prasm@officeformac.com" <Prasm@officeformac.com> wrote:

> I tried using the new created Normal.dotm and then it opens. But if I transfer
> the style sheet from my old Normal.dotm then Word crashes again on start-up.
> Always the same error report.
> I havn't tryed to open a file from within Word � that might work.

This sounds like a corrupted style sheet. If you create a new style sheet,
can you copy/paste in the old one?

This site is excellent for help with Word:

<http://word.mvps.org/Mac/WordMacHome.html>

--
Diane

<snip>
>> But if I transfer the style sheet from my old Normal.dotm

Well this is apparently where the problem is coming from... except that Word
doesn't use "style sheets".

Please describe exactly what you are doing - step by step - in order to make
what you're calling a "transfer" & how you're going about it. Something in
that process is corrupt -- it's just a matter of figuring out what it is.

--
HTH |:>)
Bob Jones

<Prasm@officeformac.com> wrote in message
> The ugly message is the one in the error report above.
> Besides I have done all the things you mentioned.
> The files are made by the same Word and the same version of Word as the
> one I use now. The only difference being the new Intel-computer.
> I tried using the new created Normal.dotm and then it opens. But if I
> transfer the style sheet from my old Normal.dotm then Word crashes again
> on start-up. Always the same error report.
> I havn't tryed to open a file from within Word - that might work.

0
CyberTaz
6/18/2009 9:40:34 PM
What I call: "transfer a style sheet" means that I open Organiser. In Organiser I open the old Normal.dotm. Then I transfer the styles from the old Normal.dotm to the new one that Word created on opening the first time.
If I do that and quit Word then it never gets as far as to open a new document but crashes.
I am able to open old documents from within Word.

I believe that my only solution is what Diane Ross suggested: To recreate the settings of Word that I have used until now. It is a tiresom process but having read the article about Templates in Word.mvps it seems to me that Word simply would not allow me to replace the new Normal.dotm with my old one from my other computer, (which is what the Apple Migration did originally) � and that there might be some corruption in the styles in the old Normal.dotm. But again then it is strange that the old Normal.dotm works fine on my old computer.

Do we get any further?

Thank you for your kindness, both of you.

P�tur Rasmussen
Reykjav�k
0
Prasm (10)
6/19/2009 7:05:43 AM
Hello P�tur;

Yes, that clarifies things quite well & I think you're on the right track as
to the cause of the problem. Depending on the number of Styles involved,
however, you may want to try a different approach before recreating them.

Follow your current procedure but import only a few of the styles [perhaps
only one at a time], then see if you have any trouble launching Word. If
not, import a few more & attempt to launch Word again after each "batch". In
that way you may be able to narrow down the culprit(s). It may be comparably
time consuming but will insure accuracy of the styles that are salvageable.

Another option: Use Organizer to import the Styles from a viable document
rather than trying to import them from the old Normal.dotm -- If all Styles
were in the Template they also should be in any document based on it unless
you deleted them from the doc. Even if you have to import from several files
it may be an even faster approach.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 6/19/09 3:05 AM, in article 59b76b9d.13@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"Prasm@officeformac.com" <Prasm@officeformac.com> wrote:

> What I call: "transfer a style sheet" means that I open Organiser. In
> Organiser I open the old Normal.dotm. Then I transfer the styles from the old
> Normal.dotm to the new one that Word created on opening the first time.
> If I do that and quit Word then it never gets as far as to open a new document
> but crashes.
> I am able to open old documents from within Word.
>
> I believe that my only solution is what Diane Ross suggested: To recreate the
> settings of Word that I have used until now. It is a tiresom process but
> having read the article about Templates in Word.mvps it seems to me that Word
> simply would not allow me to replace the new Normal.dotm with my old one from
> my other computer, (which is what the Apple Migration did originally) � and
> that there might be some corruption in the styles in the old Normal.dotm. But
> again then it is strange that the old Normal.dotm works fine on my old
> computer.
>
> Do we get any further?
>
> Thank you for your kindness, both of you.
>
> P�tur Rasmussen
> Reykjav�k

A suggestion:
Could the reason for crash be a stile name with the letter �.
In my work on recovering old styles I tried to make a style with the name Opt�lling, and on creating it Word crashed. Then I did the same but now with the name Optal and that worked.

Maybe Word on Intel is more sensitive to �foreign" letters than Word on ppc?
0
Prasm (10)

Changing SOP Allocation Method
We currently have all our order types set to allocate by line. We're considering changing that to allocate by order/batch. Has anyone out there made a similar process change? If so I'd like to know how you accomplished the change and what problems you ran into. Any suggestions on the easiest way to de-allocate lines? -- Jim@TurboChef You will need to update the SOP10100.ALLOCABY field for your unposted transactions to make this change affect documents that have already been entered. To de-allocate lines you need to run a query to update the ATYALLOC in SOP10200 and IV00102...

Desktop shortcut opens app but will not open file
When one of my users clicks on a desktop shortcut (MS Excel), the program opens but the file will not. The user can open the file directly by going into Excel and clicking open , file, etc. Thanks, Glen This are the usual things to fix this Tools>Options>General uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar 1 ) Start>Run "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)>OK. 2) Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)>OK. See the space be...

Word default paper size- networked user accounts
Word 2004- processors various, OS 10.5 How do I get Word to default to A4 (instead of US letter) for networked accounts? Hi Jeremy: The succinct answer to this is "By ensuring that your operating system locality preferences are set correctly before you install." Microsoft Office picks up all its global settings from the "Language and Text" system preferences in OS 10.6 (I think they were called something else in 10.5). If this has been done wrongly at installation, you need to set the System Preferences correctly and then delete the individual user's...

Excel 2007
Hi all, We have a spreadsheet that was set up to link to a database via a system DSN. To simplify deployment of this, I'd like to change this to connect via the connection string below: DRIVER=SQL Server;SERVER=xxx;UID=xxx;PWD=xxx;DATABASE=xxx; I've done this for another spreadsheet, and it was easy (Data tab- >Connections->Properties), but in this next spreadsheet the Connection Properties for one connection are greyed out/disabled, so I can't change the string. Does anyone have any ideas how to enable these values again so I can change the connection string? thanks! ...

Open outlook express eml files with Office Outlook
How can I get my Microsoft Outlook e-mail software to open a Outlook Express .eml file save on a network. My objective is to be able to double click the .eml file or drag and drop it into my Microsoft Outlook application. Thank you, LS Lance <llscott@csicable.net> wrote: > How can I get my Microsoft Outlook e-mail software to > open a Outlook Express .eml file save on a network. My > objective is to be able to double click the .eml file or > drag and drop it into my Microsoft Outlook application. You have to open in with Outlook Express and then move it to Outlook fro...

Save word 2003
I run windows XP with word 2003. I recently performed a system reset with some back up software. After which word 2003 wouldn't save any documents. There is 2G of memory left on the C drive so it's not lack of space. I've read other strings about this but can't find a solution, a previous string talked about removing "Security Update for Windows XP (KB908531)" but I don't have this in my list of updates (this advice was from 2006 though?) Any help greatly appreciated. See http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then repair Office 20...

Outlook Crashes for Meeting Requests
User at firm is getting the generic "Outlook.exe has generated an error message..." whenever they try to accept/decline meeting requests in Outlook 2000 on Windows 2000 SP4 platform. Outlook will crash at the precise time they select Accept, Decline, or Tentative. Strange thing is that 2 of her AA's (on different machines!) get the EXACT same error message when then they try and accept/decline meetings for her. However they do NOT receive the error message upon accepting/declining meetings for any others at the firm. See below for Event Viewer log. Any help would be MUCH apprec...

Hyperlinks have stopped opening in emails I receive
Have loaded new antivirus software having deleted older version and since then I can not open any links that are included in emails What happens when you try? If you get an error about restrictions in effect, this is a problem with IE, its not an Outlook error. You need to reset your internet settings in IE's Tools, Internet Options, Advanced tab. (Or Control panel, Internet options, Advanced tab). See http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm for the latest information. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook &a...

2003 Keeps the default workbook open
When I start Excel, it starts up with a blank workbook. If I immediately open a saved file, it closes the blank workbook... All good... except mine has stopped closing the blank one. So I always end up with 2 workbooks open, the one I opened and a blank one that I'm not interested in! Is this a setting? if so where? Can I fix it? thanks... M Did you or someone create a default workbook (ie, Book.xltx or Book.xltm) and save it in "C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART"? On 5/9/2010 4:17 AM, Michelle wrote: > When I start...

When launching Excel 2007 the VB debuger always opens
I am testing Excel 2007 Beta 2 on two computers. On one of them, XP SP2 there is no problem. On the other, 2003 Server SP1, each time I open Excel a VB window opens up, with a message that says "Compile error: Cant find project or library." If I close that window I get a message saying that the debugger will stop. If I close that, Excel reacts normally. Any suggestions? Thanks ccoates@gfs.com Hi Chris, Do you have any templates loading on the second computer? Any add-ins? What is shown in VB itself when you see the error message? Which module are you in? This sounds like...

Outlook and Word
I just had to reinstall Office XP and know, when I open Outlook a blank MS Word page come onto the screen. When I delete the page The Outlook screen is there. I uninstalled the office xp and reinstalled the program and the same thing happens. Is there any way I can get rid of this annoying problem Thanks in advance Tom Whalen ...

Where to change my own internet adress in "FROM:" field?
I am using Outlook 2003 with Exchange server. My own eMail address is presented to recipients as Aaaaa.Bbbbbb@ccccccc.com Note: mixing of capital and lower letters I want my email address completely changed to lower letters: aaaaa.bbbbbb@ccccccc.com Where in Outlook can I change this? or is this a setting in Exchange Server ? Joe This is a setting in ADUC/Exchange. I would guess that everyone is set up with the same format throughout the company. -- Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "Joe deAngelo" wr...

Outlook 2003 with Word 2000 Editor
Does anyone know if you can use Word 2000 with Outlood 2003 to edit messages... I couldn't find a download on the web... If you are trying to use, inside of Outlook 2003, Word 2000 as the "editor" ... not possible. Need to use the same "family" together, e.g. Word 2003 with Outlook 2003, or Word 2000 with Outlook 2000. There is nothing to download. Hope this is useful to you. Let us know. rms Brendan Shaw wrote: > Does anyone know if you can use Word 2000 with Outlood > 2003 to edit messages... > > I couldn't find a download on the web... ...

opening excel worksheet
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel whenever I try to open an existing excel worksheet it opens very short. I have to drag it down to the bottom of the screen, is there a setting that i need to adjust? No, simply SAVE the workbook after you adjust it. Next time, it will open at the size you want. On 27/03/10 6:42 AM, in article 59bb6065.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "scrapper@officeformac.com" <scrapper@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel > wh...

Change QuickFind to search contains
Hello, Is there a way to change the QuickFind to use the contains operator rather than begins with? Custom dev or third party recommendations are fine. Thanks. simply put a wildcard * in front of your search term in the query box and it will match the defined search fields for that entitiy type on a 'like" (contains) basis. ...

can comment indicator color be changed?
Hi when you put a comment in a cell the indicator is red but I have cells that are conditionally formatted to come up red if out of spec and can't see the indicator. Can the color be changed and if so how please. Thanks Karl AFAIK, no, you can't change this. Maybe you can change your CF color. Bright yellow? On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 16:27:02 -0700, "Karl" <Karl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi when you put a comment in a cell the indicator is red but I have cells >that are conditionally formatted to come up red if out of spec and can't see >the indic...

Anyway to open a Publisher 2002 file in Publisher 2000?
I need to open this file for a project tomorrow. I have Publisher 2000, but I think the file sent to me was done in Publisher 2002 or 2003? The person who sent it to me is out of town until Thursday, so I can't have them resave it or resend it. Any ideas Thanks! In news:11BBD624-9460-465D-88EE-60230ADB1F33@microsoft.com, buck <create007@yahoo.com> posted: > I need to open this file for a project tomorrow. I have Publisher > 2000, but I think the file sent to me was done in Publisher 2002 or > 2003? The person who sent it to me is out of town until Thursday, so > I ...

mail merge in word 2000
Been trying to link a simple 4 column excel db to do a mail merge in Word. Tried following the help instructions, and finally reached the point where I could "insert a merge field" after realizing they left out a number of steps in the instructions. However, when I do enter the mergefield, the only thing I get is "Error! No bookmark name given." There is no mention of "bookmark" in the instructions, no explanation of what a "bookmark" is in this context, and now way I can figure out what the blasted software is talking about. Anybody go...

i can change the font on the screen to be large but can't print t.
i am trying to make the print on my spreadsheet larger. i can change the font on the screen but it still prints the smaller font?????help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hi Maybe in the Page Setup you have this setting "fit to1 by 1 page" -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "tj" <tj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:244325C6-A407-4CD8-BE76-75AB3C93A78A@microsoft.com... >i am trying to make the print on my spreadsheet larger. i can change the > font on the screen but it still prints the smaller font?????help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...

how do i open a publisher file created in new version?
I get publisher files in new versions of publisher. I have publisher 2000. I can't open these files but don't want to update publisher. Is there a download program I can get to translate these files? "Peg" <Peg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4BD8AEDC-8386-4E7B-9D12-DAF429B171A2@microsoft.com... >I get publisher files in new versions of publisher. I have publisher 2000. > I can't open these files but don't want to update publisher. Is there a > download program I can get to translate these files? There is not a download to tra...

words
what is the formula I use to copy a word from one cell to another cell. I have the word spring and would like it to populate to other cells but do not know the formula to do this =IF(A4<>"",A4,"") "Debbie" wrote: > what is the formula I use to copy a word from one cell to another cell. I > have the word spring and would like it to populate to other cells but do not > know the formula to do this hi, if you have a word in A1 and want it in A1.. in B1 put =A1 this formula will display the contents on another cell(word or number) in what ev...

Highlight color in Word 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I wish to change the highlight color choices or their intensities in Word 2008 (not in Excel and not theselect-text color). Can one do this and, if so, how? You just have to change the highlight color of the operating system! Word uses the OS highlight color. Go to system preferences > appearance & change the highlight color. I think I was misunderstood. The highlighting I mean might be called background color. When one selects text, one can color the text, one can color the background, or both. My questions is ...

Word windows 07 docs let's crash win for mac 2008

How to remove contacts when email changes
Outlook 2003 If I receive an email from a sender not on my list, that sender's email address is not automatically added to my contacts but will appear on the automated list when I enter the first letter of the sender's email address. If that sender changes email address I cannot delete the old email address. Instead I am left with two email addresses for that sender both of which will appear on the automated list. How can I remove the old email address? You seem to be confused. Receiving an email does not add an address anywhere in Outlook. Sending an email might, a...

Changing Series names
Is there any way to change the titles of series in the chart and not on the spreadsheet? If you want the legend text for the series to be different from the name in the spreadsheet, try selecting: chart source data series tab and typing the new label in the 'name' box. This should break the series name's link to the spreadsheet --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...