Word and Excell Do Not Show Print Preview

I'm running MS Office Mac 2004 on two Intel Macs and one Non-Intel
iMac and have upgraded all machines to Leopard.
I don't know if it's coincidence or not but most of my Excel and Word
docs on the Intel machines do not show correctly in Print Preview -
warning shows, saying print is outside of margins - and so don't print
properly. Everything else seems to be normal. I have re-installed
Office on an external HD and it's exactly the same problem.
All docs on the Non-Intel Mac work just fine.
Any help to solve this would be most appreciated.

Joe
0
joecowley (3)

Have you checked for updated (Leopard-compatible) drivers for the printers?

There seem to be a lot of issues involving the print services of OS X 10.5.x
in a variety of similar ways.
--
Regards |:>)
Bob Jones

"joec" <joecowley@mac.com> wrote in message
> I'm running MS Office Mac 2004 on two Intel Macs and one Non-Intel
> iMac and have upgraded all machines to Leopard.
> I don't know if it's coincidence or not but most of my Excel and Word
> docs on the Intel machines do not show correctly in Print Preview -
> warning shows, saying print is outside of margins - and so don't print
> properly. Everything else seems to be normal. I have re-installed
> Office on an external HD and it's exactly the same problem.
> All docs on the Non-Intel Mac work just fine.
> Any help to solve this would be most appreciated.
>
> Joe

0
CyberTaz
12/3/2007 9:53:17 PM
The problem seems to be in Page Setup - any attempts to change
anything in Page Setup brings up "Margins do not fit page size" which
is strange because the page size is correct at A4. There is only one
Excel doc that behaves correctly- all the other word and excell docs
have this particular problem in Page Setup. I'm up to date with all
versions and printer drivers.

Joe
0
joecowley (3)
12/4/2007 12:07:58 AM
In article
<2c2375b7-f5bb-40d4-9f14-658577e03335@s19g2000prg.googlegroups.com>,
 joec <joecowley@mac.com> wrote:

> The problem seems to be in Page Setup - any attempts to change
> anything in Page Setup brings up "Margins do not fit page size" which
> is strange because the page size is correct at A4. There is only one
> Excel doc that behaves correctly- all the other word and excell docs
> have this particular problem in Page Setup. I'm up to date with all
> versions and printer drivers.

Try changing the printer resolution.  There have been reports on the
Apple Discussion boards and on the Gutenprint forums regarding issues
similar to this.  Most often, lowering the printer resolution will solve
the issue.

Most of the cases I have seen involve Brother printers and Epson
printers using the Gutenprint drivers.  The Gutenprint site has an FAQ
on this <http://gutenprint.sourceforge.net/p_FAQ_OS_X.php3#EconomyMode>

Matt

--
Matt Broughton
Only relatives are absolute.

force Excel to treat numbers as text
Sorry I searched this and no one seems to have a solution. I trie pre-defiming columns as text but it gets over-riden by the paste. Past Special doesn't do the trick.. paste special as text on tabular data coming from a web site puts mos of the data in the first column. It no longer spreads the columns o pasted data into its own excel columns the tabular data, tab delimited, I want to 'copy&paste' looks lik this: 1) OGRODOWICZ MARK M47 6306 BROOKLYN NY 533 446 41 24:00 23:25 7:3 20:58 2) CHAO DUSTIN M35 3738 NEW YORK NY 534 447 155 24:02 23:47 7:40 23:1 The paste should...

Protection of check boxes in excel 2002
Hi I have a form set up in excel with check boxes, and I wish to protect the sheet but allow users to be able to select and deselect the check boxes. When I protect the sheet and then use the sheet, an error mesage lets you know the sheet is protected and read only, I have tried in format control for the check box to deselect the locked option and lock text option. Its bound to be simple but help is always welcome. Try unlocking the cells that are linked to the checkboxes. You can hide the columns/rows that contain the link (or move them to another (hidden???) worksheet. Newbeetle wrote...

Excel Help Please quick question
i want to have a cell automatically fill its self in when another cell says a certain thing. eg - if i type "blue" into D5 i want D6 to automatically change to "yes" Is this possible Thanks In Cell D6 put this formula =3DIF(D6=3D"blue","yes","") On Nov 15, 7:13=A0pm, Tom Jacques <Tom Jacq...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > i want to have a cell automatically fill its self in when another cell sa= ys a > certain thing. > > eg - if i type "blue" into D5 i want D6 to automatically change t...

How do I add a floating text box in Excel?
I have a shared workbook with several huge spreadsheets. There are certain things that other users/viewers would readily want to know without parsing to the end of the spreadsheet. How can I create a floating text box in Excel and include totals of certain cells from the same worksheet? MS has lots of templates at: http://officeupdate.microsoft.com/TemplateGallery And there's always google! Prashant wrote: > > I have a shared workbook with several huge spreadsheets. There are certain > things that other users/viewers would readily want to know without parsing to > the...

Excel 2007 error when opening program
"The INI file containing the temp chart file name could not be found" What does this mean and how can it be corrected. Recently upgraded from 2003 to 2007 ...

Doex Excel do this?
Hi everone, Say I have a workbook of 30 worksheets, each a worksheet has tab name and table. I want to create additional sheet that lists each tab name and its table's column names! Is this doable? Thanks, Mike Assuming Table column names are in A1:J1 on each sheet. Sub CreateListOfSheets() Dim WS As Worksheet Worksheets.Add(After:=Worksheets(Worksheets.Count)).Name = "List" For I = 1 To Worksheets.Count With Worksheets("List") Set WS = Worksheets(I) If WS.Name <> "List" Then .Cells(I, 1).Valu...

assembly documents need to have an order form to print
When an assembly entry is made it should have a print out to be given to the person who will assemble the bill of materials that can be signed when completed. Each assembly should be able to be printed alone - not just in a batch. It should list how many finished products should be made and what each finished product would contain. These can then be posted when they are completed. Also, there should be one function that checks all existing assembly documents that are not released to see if they now can be released with a report telling which ones have been changed to released - i...

columns show as numbers
I just noticed that all of my columns now show up as numbers instead of letters, which makes it difficult for entering formulas - how do I get the columns back to letters Tools, Options, General, (uncheck) R1C1 reference style --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "jbv" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B43F64D5-7296-43AB-A137-98F623BC5236@microsoft.com... > I just noticed tha...

Printing row titles each page
Using the tutorial when it comes to printing row titles on each page, I do not know what to put in under the "Printing Titles". I assume it was the row number (1) but that does not work. What do you put in to print titles on several pages. Thank you.. ...

Outlook 2007 doesn't show entire message!! HELP please!
I have been searching for a probmlem i have with Outlook 2007. I am recieving emails fine, but what i noticed the other day, is that when i open the message with my PC, only part of the mesage is shown, the part that is from the sender, but when it includes a forwarded text, it will not show!! this is a huge problem.. once i missed an important notice because of this. But this problem does not occur when i open the mail with Mac. Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you'...

Outlook 2003 shows "Enter network password" every time I hit send/receive
OL 2003 seems to have a bug. I have a pop account which it can't remember the password for, no matter what I do. Have tried giving correct permission in registry, and have re-created the mail profile. Nothing helps. Any ideas? /M I seem to be having the same problem. I haven't tried the procedure MS posted about resetting thre registry. I'm lost also. >-----Original Message----- >OL 2003 seems to have a bug. I have a pop account which it can't remember >the password for, no matter what I do. Have tried giving correct permission >in registry, and have re-c...

Search for Words in Documents
Hi, I'm trying to create a engineering database whereby there will be hyperlinks to engineering documents. I'm trying to create a query whereby I can search for words in these engineering documents. How can it be done? Please do not multi-post and cross-post your question. You are much better served to have 1 post were everyone's ideas are located so a true discussion can occur. See you post at for a possible solution: http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?&lang=en&cr=US&guid=&sloc=enus&dg=microsoft.public.access.ge...

OE Message Preview
On the split screen in Outlook Express I can read an incoming message by just selecting its line and viewing it on the lower half. Does this mean that a spammer now knows the message has been read? If so, how can I avoid this? Loran1 <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > On the split screen in Outlook Express I can read an > incoming message by just selecting its line and viewing it > on the lower half. Does this mean that a spammer now knows > the message has been read? If so, how can I avoid this? Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

Read Text File into Excel Using VBA
Hi All, I'm a new VBA programmer. I know how to pull an entire text file into an Excel Spreadsheet, but I only want specific information from the text file not the entire text file. What I have is about 25 text files stored in a folder, let's say C:\test. Each file is named by a property address as follows: 209 MAIN ST.txt 213 MAIN ST.txt 111 ELM ST.txt 2356 WOOD AVE.txt On the 11th row of each file is as follows: Property Address:209 MAIN ST On the 31st row of each file is as follows: Total Value:30500 What I would like to do is read each file located in the "C:\test folder...

How to disabel "Excel" button in CRM
Hi, Dose anybody know how to get rid off the EXCEL button in lots of form in CRM, we don't want user can export company's data to EXCL file and take it away. Thank you ...

Print only the used sheets in all open files
I have the below macro to print the sheets that have info in cells D6 or D3 for all open workbooks. "PrintAllOpenFiles.xlsm" is the file in the xlstartup dir. If u run the small macro listed first within a single file it works but inside the bigger macro it doesn't. It doesn't look like anything happens - no debug option or anything. Any help is appreciated. 'Print Used Sheets Dim sh As Worksheet For Each sh In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets If sh.Visible = -1 Then If sh.Range("D6").Value <> &...

tables in word
Hi Can anyone help. I can't line up a column of figures on a decimal point in my word table. They look terrible, as they're all over the place. Thanks. "sharon" <sharon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1F1FBE47-3F91-4395-89AC-73FADB50A1EF@microsoft.com... > Hi Can anyone help. I can't line up a column of figures on a decimal point > in > my word table. They look terrible, as they're all over the place. Thanks. You need to ask in a discussion group for Word. This group is for .NET programming questions. Here's how to...

Excel 2000
Is there a limit to the number of slices in an Excel 2000 pie chart. I can only get (9) to work using the wizard. As soon as I add (10) the last one gives an error readin and it sits there incomplete. Hi, There are limits but it's not 10. What data do you have in those 10 cells? Cheers Andy Bob wrote: > Is there a limit to the number of slices in an Excel 2000 pie chart. I can > only get (9) to work using the wizard. As soon as I add (10) the last one > gives an error readin and it sits there incomplete. -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info I a...

pictures and objects appear blank in publisher 2002, but print ok
recentl when opening a file with pictures and objects in publisher 2002, they all appear blank. But they will print ok. I tried copying and pasting an object to a new page and its then visible but out of focus as if it has been enlarged too much. If I select all and copy it to a new page then the problem persists Read the third FAQ here Q: Why can I not see images/shapes/lines when editing my publication? http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-u...

Encrypt a Word document in VBA
I want to create a macro that in certain situations will encrypt the current document such that when the document is saved and opened again, Word will ask for the password (similarly to the user selecting the Office Button -> Prepare -> Encrypt Document). Would someone tell me how this can be done? Thanks for any help. To set a password ... ActiveDocument.Password = "whatever" To save with a password ... ActiveDocument.SaveAs name_etc., Password:="whatever" -- Enjoy, Tony www.WordArticles.com "JeffG" <JeffG@dis...

excel multilple sheets
Need to branch to another sheet in the workbook and then return to the sheet that the branch was started from! Now for the kicker The user can change the name of the sheet that the program runs from!! ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Chip Pearson just posted some code (you wanted code???) that works very nicely. http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=utf6mffiDHA.620%40TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl It works if the sheet has been renamed, too. Arr wrote:...

2007 version of Excel
How do I create a password so that the password is required upon opening the workbook? Take the following action in EXCEL 2007:- 1. Launch EXCEL so that it has a new file in it. 2. Click on the Office Button (top left hand corer). 3. Prepare / Encrypt Document / enter the password that you want to use (for example test). - OK - enter the password again (test) - OK - Save the file in the normal way (Ctrl-S) 4. Close the file in the normal way (Office Button in top left hand corner / Close). 5. Now open the file once more. To get into it you will ha...

Changing chart background color in Excel 97 SR 2
I am fairly new to this so please bear with me. I have a chart based on numbers in a spread that has a grey background (The chart) but I would like the background to be white and can not get it to change. I right clicked on the chart and went to Format Chart Area, Patterns, Fill Effects, Patterns and changed the background to white but the ok button is greyed out. Am using Excel (Office) 97 SR 2 TIA http://members.aol.com/larrystark/ Right click (or double click) on the gray region, which is the Plot Area. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tut...

Date when printing
When I print out my message I get a very confused date. How can I reset or correct this problem? Valentino <Valentino@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I print out my message I get a very confused date. How can I > reset or correct this problem? What does "confused date" mean? -- Brian Tillman "Valentino" wrote: > When I print out my message I get a very confused date. How can I reset or > correct this problem? What I mean by confused is for example: on the top of the page is ; Ven 3110 satdéc jul20042004 and in the header for...

i forgot how to make my business card insert for word documents?
i had to restore my software and I read somewhere how to have my salutation on my word docs into a buisness card insert, can anyone help? ...