Word 2008 - Using Templates and Compatability

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

I have created several files in Word 2008 using templates (.dot) files previously used with Word 2003/2007. Unfortunately, my customer keeps receiving an error when opening the new file I create. The new file (created in .doc format) has some hidden data that is pointing to the template folder on my Mac. The error looks like:

Could not open: 'user:Libarary:Application Support:Microsoft:Offce:User Templates:template.dot

My customer can fix this error by using the remove hidden data tool inside Office 2003, but that's a real pain-in-the-neck!

Can someone tell me how to fix issue when I save the file on my Mac??? I need to remove the link between the template (.dot) and the file (.doc).
0
otterit1 (2)

Oye. No replies. Not looking good. :(

> I have created several files in Word 2008 using templates (.dot) files previously used with Word 2003/2007. Unfortunately, my customer keeps receiving an error when opening the new file I create. The new file (created in .doc format) has some hidden data that is pointing to the template folder on my Mac. The error looks like:
>
> Could not open: 'user:Libarary:Application Support:Microsoft:Offce:User Templates:template.dot
>
> My customer can fix this error by using the remove hidden data tool inside Office 2003, but that's a real pain-in-the-neck!
>
> Can someone tell me how to fix issue when I save the file on my Mac??? I need to remove the link between the template (.dot) and the file (.doc).
0
otterit1 (2)

Use Form to prompt for report criteria

MS Office 2008 home version with Pro for entourage
Hello and thanks for any help you can provide. I have MS Office 2008 Home & Student edition. I want to install only word, excel and powerpoint and then separately install Entourage 2008 Pro (as provided by my hosted exchange co.) in order to connect to my exchange server. I have done this before and remember some convoluted errors but it eventually worked. My latest attempt did not. Has there been a change to prevent this from working? ...

Payroll calculator template
What are the tax status numbers on the payroll calculator? Any suggestions on the set up of the calculator? ...

Vb.net 2008 ContextMenuStrip logical error when running code
Greetings, I have a connectmenustrip item that when clicked runs the following code (see below) Now if the event is called by the button i.e. cmdDeleteingBooking.Click the linq query returns the appropriate value. However when called by cntMnuCancelBookingItem.Click is returns 0 even if a checkbox is of 'TRUE' value. Debugging shows the code runs exactly the same code (which loops around rows in a datagridview checking if the checkbox has been checked). Could someone explain the reasoning why the same code would return different results? Private Sub cmdDelete...

copy does not work in word 2003

template
can anyone provide me a link for a template for salary paying program ...

Not using zeros in graphing.
I have a running workbook that has tons of information. I have added a sum page in order to have all the data summed up in one simple place. I have formulas that read back into the workbook to link to a cell. Depending on what moth it is, that cell could be empty as it is a yearly wookbook. For example, if this is August, then there is information in the workbook up to August, but none after. With that said, the sum page has the #DIV/0! in the cell which essentially equals zero. I also have graphs that I have linked to this sum page. My problem is in order to keep the graphs up to...

using vba so search multiple Sheets

DPM and VMM on same server using side-by-side SQL installation
Windows 2008 Std R2 Server, 64bit VMM 2007 is currently installed (with the built-in default database) SQL 2005 Express Edition, SP3, 32bit. I was advised by Microsoft that both VMM and DPM could be installed on the same server (small DR environment) The VMs are hosted on a Windows 2008 Enterprise Server w/ VS2005R2 - because the hardware didn't support HyperV. VMM works great to manage the Windows 2008 VS2005R2 Host running Win2K3 server instances ... after lots of trial and error. Now, I need to install DPM 2007 onto the same server... DPM wants to install the 64bit vers...

Use a VBA Macro inside an Excel Cell

Is there a way to graph data which utilizes the "fixed" function for decimal places? When I try this it will not graph, as the data has become text or something - even though I've selected number in the cell formats. If you've fixed the number of digits using only number formats, the values remain numeric, and they should chart just fine. This means selecting the range, going to the Formatting menu and selecting Cells, and on the Number tab, selecting Number in the category list, and setting a number of digits. I'm not familiar with a "fixed function". I...

slow sync with Calendar using Kyocera 7135 via Outlook 2003
I'm stuck and need help. I have a Two Day Old Brand New Dell Dimension 4600. Does anyone out there know what to do when Outlook 2003 is giving a Log report that reads that Outlook Calendar - Slow Sync synchronization failed? This is a first time occurence for me. Outlook also reported that a device is trying to get access to my E- Mail addresses which may indicate a Virus may be present. I've run my McAfee Virus Protection and it didn't detrect anything. I'm at my wits end and don't know what else to do. Can anybody help? ...

FRx 6.7 Compatability with GP 10. 0
Hi, Is FRx 6.7 is campatable with GP 10.0? I have installed Frx 6.7 with and using successfully as local cleint but as requirement I need to run the same Balance Sheet Report which I have created on my client machine want to run on the different client machines withou installing the FRx. Do I need to installed FRx on each client machine? Please give the details. Your immediate help will be greatly appreciated. -- Developer Yes. Frx 6.7 is compatible with GP 10.0. Make sure to apply the latest service pack. I am not sure I understand your question. Are you asking if you need to c...

Stop changing of languages in Word 2003 when typing letter.
While typing a letter in Word 2003 it changed from English to what looked like Arabic language. I have rebooted 3 times and started over and still the same occurs. I even copied what I had in English to an email in Yahoo and sent it to myself and rebooted. Came back to that same email and copied it to a new email that I started to myself, and when I started typing it would only type in what looked like Arabic language. This happened to me once a couple of weeks ago, but never occurred again till now. What do I do? In the Language dialog box, turn off the option to autom...

invalid use of property message
I am trying to cre4ate a macro that checks the value of a number of sheets to determine if they are already visible and if so it will not close them - With Sheets("Pay Inflation - Biometrics") Sheets ("Statistics") Sheets ("Direct Cost Savings Breakdown") Sheets ("OT Reduction") Sheets ("Nurse OT Reduction") Sheets ("Premium Labor Utilization") Sheets ("Pay inflation - Timestamp") Sheets ("Calculation Error") Sheets ("Le...

can not Send/receive using Outlook 2003
Just bouhght new computer and am loading all of my software that worked onmy old one. When I try to send and recieve I get the message object not found. I have used test and this work ok. I have also reloaded all of my broadband and office software numerous times to no prevail. Software Windows xp Office 2003 ADSlL broadband with bigpond Gp Check to make sure the accounts are setup correctly if they are then run Detect and Repair, still an issue then create a new profile. May also want to check your anti-virus software program setting for outgoing mail and disable that option. Rega...

Extra word prints that does not show when viewing the document
When I print my document or view it, this extra word is not there. When the document prints, this hidden word is in the printed document. How do I find this hidden word and delete it? If it prints, you know where it is. Have you turned on your nonprinting characters, etc? Have you tried copying and pasting it into a new blank document? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "S Roberts" <S Roberts@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C437AFE5-8C0F-4859-8994-AA78D18CA573@mi...

using rule creates multiple entries. How can I stop this?
I'm going to give you the details of this so maybe someone can just tell me how to correct or whether it can be corrected. I've tried creating different rules, rules with exceptions, multiple rules with multiple exceptions, all I can think. Here is the scenario. Although I'm using Lisa as an example, this problem applies to every staffer in my 9 person office. Lisa is my secretary. She sends me internal email, staff questions and stuff which goes to a a "Staff" subfolder of the Inbox. I have a rule for this. She also sends me mail she has scanned. I ha...

Excel chart linked in Word gets formatted when updateing.
Hi, I have a bit of an annoying issue with excel and word 2007, I have a Chart in excel, and the text on the horizontal axis is rotated 270 degrees,This Chart is linked in a Word document and when i do an update of the linked chart the text gets all messed up. Both of the files are saved in 97-2003 format. ...

How do I copy a templated business card?
I am using MS Word/Office 2007. Still not used to it. I have found a card style in the templates section, and edited one to suit my business.. My problem is the other 11 on the page are still showing as the original template. Copying and pasting is not working. How do I get all of the cards on the page to reflect the business card I made? Thanks for your help! Use the macro that you will find at the end of http://www.gmayor.com/graphics_on_labels.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><&...

Outlook 2002 crashes when using IMAP stuck in loop
I've been using Outlook 2002 with IMAP for some time now. Yesterday, I began receiving a message upon starting up Outlook: "Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." The error message is as follows: AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 10.0.2627.1 ModName: kernel32.dll ModVer: 5.1.2600.1106 Offset: 0001a669 Sometimes if I enter in "Work offline" mode and then check messages I get the following: AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 10.0.2627.1 ModName: pstprx32.dll ModVer: 10.0.2625.0 Offset: 00005528 I am al...