Word 2008 - Using Templates and Compatability

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

I have created several files in Word 2008 using templates (.dot) files previously used with Word 2003/2007. Unfortunately, my customer keeps receiving an error when opening the new file I create. The new file (created in .doc format) has some hidden data that is pointing to the template folder on my Mac. The error looks like:

Could not open: 'user:Libarary:Application Support:Microsoft:Offce:User Templates:template.dot

My customer can fix this error by using the remove hidden data tool inside Office 2003, but that's a real pain-in-the-neck!

Can someone tell me how to fix issue when I save the file on my Mac??? I need to remove the link between the template (.dot) and the file (.doc).
0
otterit1 (2)

Oye. No replies. Not looking good. :(

> I have created several files in Word 2008 using templates (.dot) files previously used with Word 2003/2007. Unfortunately, my customer keeps receiving an error when opening the new file I create. The new file (created in .doc format) has some hidden data that is pointing to the template folder on my Mac. The error looks like:
>
> Could not open: 'user:Libarary:Application Support:Microsoft:Offce:User Templates:template.dot
>
> My customer can fix this error by using the remove hidden data tool inside Office 2003, but that's a real pain-in-the-neck!
>
> Can someone tell me how to fix issue when I save the file on my Mac??? I need to remove the link between the template (.dot) and the file (.doc).
0
otterit1 (2)

best use for x,z and zz report
now we are using z report for end of day and zz report for end of month (x report just to get hard copy of inday sales) is thier a better or more usefull way to use this three reports? best reqards Hi Bacha11....you describe what most RMS users (I believe) do with the X, Z and ZZ reports - if you have multiple shifts (example a morning shift and a afternoon shift) on your registers you could use the X and Z reports for shift reporting and the ZZ for end of day (it will include both Z reports from both shifts) - other than that I think you're good to go.... "BACHA11" wrote:...

Can indirect() work using closed external files??
Workbook A has a cell that gets data from workbook B as an external link. It does this using the indirect function because it needs to concatenate the path and filename from other cells. Problem is that if workbook B is closed, the cell in workbook A shows #REF!. So can indirect work using closed external files or must the external files be opened? Is there a clever way of making that work? Thanks! I know they must be open and I have not found a way to make them work yet. Anyone? Harlan Grove wrote a UDF called PULL that will retrieve the value from a closed workbook. You can fin...

Linking Database to invoice/email template
I have designed my database and on inputting a new supplier I would like Access to generate an invoice in excel and an email in outlook express, is this at all possible as can't seem to find anything like this in my step by step book. Neets <Neets@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have designed my database and on inputting a new supplier I would like >Access to generate an invoice in excel and an email in outlook express, is >this at all possible as can't seem to find anything like this in my step by >step book. Actually I'd create the invoice in a PDF...

Strange template/recursion bug
Using MSVC 5.0, I'm trying to implement some code by Martin Ziacek (who hasn't replied yet). I first found that the Debug version worked, but the Release version goes into an infinite loop. After some experiments I discovered that adding an insignificant statement (i.e. one that shouldn't affect the algorithm) at a certain place I can make the Release version work. This is my first experience of templates, and I'm wondering if MSVC 5.0 is buggy in this area. Otherwise, WTF is going on? The code is for QuickSort and is shown below in its entirety (sorry about the tab...

how to use a negative number
I have a client that gave me a deposit for a service. I was paid this deposi last year. I now have made a invoice for this service with Money Home and Business 2007. How can I show that I have already received $200 towards this service? Money will not let me use a negative number So how can I do this? Can't say for sure as I've never used the * Business * editions, but you may have to use an income category to categorize the amount. IIRC, it has been reported that the * Business * editions don't allow calling income expense and vice versa. Sadly, next to no users of * B...

Can I insert a ruler onto a word document?
I have made a graph in word for my boss and he would like a ruler along the side and bottom if possible. Does anyone have a suggestion, or is there a better program to use? Wrong newsgroup. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Bonnie, VSI Construction" <Bonnie, VSI Construction@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6EF5A38A-3002-487D-9FC7-894ADAC9B90B@microsoft.com... >I have made a graph in word for my boss and he would like a ruler along the > side and bottom if possible. Does an...

creating a visual studio project template
I have a barebones dialog application that has all the workings to connect and communicate to my backend app I have created. I want to use this as a basis to start all frontend/client app, however it is a pain to copy the whole solution and manually replace the old template project name to the new project name. I tried looking online on creating templates, however nothing has been working. the file->export to template... menu item is greyed out and I did come across one poster who said you are SOL trying to create a C++ template, is this true? Nick Schultz wrote: > I have a...

Control Toolbox: How do I use the "Combo Box?"
Hi, I need a drop down box in a particular cell, getting it there is easy, putting what I want in the drop down box/list is not! How do I get a "List" in the the combo box to read: 1, and then under that number I want 2, all the way up to 5. I want it to work so that I can see the drop down box and when it is selected I can see the numbers 1 thru 5 following each other in order, below each other. I have tried "Edit" under "Combo Box Object", that doesn't work! If I double click the "Combo Box" in the cell, I go into a "Microsoft Visual Basic&qu...

sbs 2008 console error
Good day, after the migration we have some problems with sbs 2008 console: we cannon't create the user with console. We can create with manual command. An exception of type 'Type: Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.Admin.Common.ADException, AdminCommon, Version=6.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' has occurred. Timestamp: 03/09/2010 19:21:28 Message: La funzionalità Windows SBS Console non è stata configurata correttamente. Stack: in Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.Admin.Common.ProductADConstants.GetRolesDistinguishedName() ...

Using Onenote with LiveScribe
Does anyone have any experience using LiveScribe with Onenote, or any other electronic note capturing device? I've used the Adapx capturx pen and even wrote a powertoy for a behavior it has that I did not like: http://blogs.msdn.com/johnguin/archive/2009/03/09/a-powertoy-to-make-using-adapx-pens-for-onenote-a-little-easier-for-me.aspx This is not an endoresement, just a note that I have used it. I don't think LiveScribe has direct support for OneNote yet but check their support pages before taking my word for it. What was your specific question? -- Thanks, John ...

Automate Update Query Parameters using Macros
Hi I am currently trying to automate a number of databases so that they can be run 'at the push of a button'. The first of these databases contains my master tables which are raw downloads from and antiquated mainframe system. The data comes down in text file format which is then imported into Access Tables. I then run a number of update queries against the tables to convert dates and codes etc into meaningful data. Previously I have run these update queries manually but now intend to use a number of macros to be able to run them at the push of a button. I am mainly using the OpenQu...

SQL 2008, problem setting Identity Specification
Hi, I'm trying to set an IdentityColumn on a table. But I get the following error when I try that "Saving changes is not permitted. The changes you have made require the following tables to be created and re-created. You have either made changes to a table that can't be re-created or enabled the option Prevent saving changes that require table to be re-created." I have never seen this kind of error in pervious version of SQL. I am the db_owner on this database. What am I doing wrong? Thanks. Such operation requires re-creation of the table and the ...

TEMPLATES #22
I am looking to build a contacts dirctory using an Excel Template. Is there one in the program I could use, or one online? Thanks Are you trying to build something similar to the contacts in Outlook? It is possible to export your Outlook contacts to Excel. -- Damon Longworth Don't miss out on the 2005 Excel User Conference Sept 16th and 17th Stockyards Hotel - Ft. Worth, Texas www.ExcelUserConference.com "Charlieb" <Charlieb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6EE2A2C1-0F67-46E3-9EBF-F0C6250950D2@microsoft.com... >I am looking to build a contacts di...

Sending Emails to users using templates?
Is it possible to have a Email sent based from a Template to be sent to an internal user within the company using the MSCRM system? It appears that Emails from Templates can only be sent to the external Contact/Account in question and not a internal user. Is this correct? Furthermore, if you cannot use templates - is it possible to include fields from the MSCRM object in question within the Subject/Contents of the 'vanilla' email produced by the Workflow Manager; or is this fixed to the static Subject/Contents defined by the workflow. Our problem stems from wanting an email...

subtotals using COUNT
Hi all, Newbie here I want to add subtotals to my spreadsheet. For example, I have a companyID, Employee ID, VacationDaysLeft, VacationDaysUsed. I'm trying to insert subtotals (grouping by company ID). I want to know how many employees used more than 10 days of vacation, and how many emplyees have more that 12 days of vacation left (this is an example only) If I try to use the subtotals feature in excel, it will break it down by companies, and it will generate subtotals for each company using SUBTOTAL(3,..) - where 3 is the id for COUNTA. CountA is not good enough. What I would need that t...

Using the "IF" Statement
Hello, I've been driving myself just a bit nuts trying to resolve the following excel problem: If the numeric value in a given cell falls within a predefined range (500 to 1000), I want the value to be multiplied by a constant value (0.05). If the criteria is not met, I want the cell identified as the recipient of this multiplication to reflect a value of 0.00. Could someone please show me what this formula should look like? Certainly would appreciate it. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi Dave! Is this what you need? =IF(AND(A1>=500,A1<=1000),A1*0.05,0) ...

Consolidate not updating properly using vba
Hello, I create a code (below) using the macro recorder to refresh the data connection and consolidate the sales figures. My problem is that the code only seems to refresh the data connection, but the data is not consolidating correctly. Now if I go to Data -> Consolidate manually it works fine. How can I have my code work correctly that will consolidate properly. I made sure that I clear the contents before doing the consolidation. Can anyone help me. Thank you in advance. Cheers 'Refresh sales connection ActiveWorkbook.Connections("Query from SalesByDepartment")...

Word audio files
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Does anyone know how to extract the audio files from MS Word and convert to MP3? They are already MP3, you just need to dig them out of the document. Make a copy of the document and Unzip it. They're in the "media" folder. Having unzipped the document on the Mac, you won't be able to open it again in Word. Cheers On 14/02/10 5:47 PM, in article 59bb2d6c.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "kcj51@officeformac.com" <kcj51@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 Operat...

How to use XY Chart Labeler
As some of you have recommended here, I downloaded and installed the XY Chart labeler from AppsPro (http://www.appspro.com/). There does not seem to be a manual for it, so how do I get started using it? Thanks. -- ================================================= Do you like wine? Do you live in South Florida? Visit the MIAMI WINE TASTERS group at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/miamiWINE ================================================= To install the add-in, double-click on the XYChartLabeler.exe that you downloaded. Then, in Excel, choose Tools>Add-ins If XY Chart Labeler isn'...

Using Ranges
Hi, I did an insert --> name --> define: a range that would automatically update: RangeName = "Sheet2!$C$4:$Q$"&COUNT(Sheet2!$E$4000)+3 So I want to write a macro that uses the range. x = Range("RangeName").Value gives the following error: Method Range of Object Global Failed when i set a range in the worksheet using the upper left hand box the macro works. Do you know how to fix this problem. Thanks That won't work - it's just an invalid string value, not a range. You need to use a named range whose definition actually returns a range, alon...

can I import excel cells into word as labels
I am using Office 2000, and I'm trying to import excel data into word as labels. I have one column of numbers(approx. 350 cells) I would like to import into Word as individual labels. can this be done? -- Trial and Error takes too long! Use Mail merge. :) http://www.officearticles.com/word/mail_merge_labels_in_microsoft_word.htm ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "wichita6" <wichita6@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E79D3E90-8093-4B9F-B195-DF6C4C54ED0D@microsoft.com... >I am using Office 2000, and I'm trying to import excel data into ...

2003 missing message ID unless using Exchange sever
My original post seems to have dissappeared... Ah well, here are the replies, anyone know a fix? Message-IDs are generated by Exchange server if you are=20 using Outlook 2003 in an exchange server environment.=20 But if you are using Outlook 2003 in a non-exchange=20 environment (generic SMTP server) then server logs show=20 no message_ID for anything sent from Outlook 2003,=20 previous versions of Outlook have Message-IDs on the same=20 server. see http://www.slipstick.com/emo/2003/up031211.htm, under=20 outlook 2003 messages suspected as spam. Fair enough if people want to turn Message-...

Email Template not getting Updated.
When I tried to edit and save "Title" field of Email Template it throws error with message :"Server was unable to process request." ,"Unexpected type for the property". Is there a way to edit and save this field? ...

Missing red squigglies when automating WORD.
Hi, I am using Word Automation with MFC. Things are going well, except that I noticed that when I open up a document or create a new document, misspelled words are not being underlined with the red squigglies (technical term). I have looked at all of the options and they seem to be correct. If I open WORD up directly, the red squigglies show with misspelled words, but not in the instance of WORD that I open. IF I type a new word I know is misspelled, like "asdfsadf ", I still do not see the red squiggly. I noticed that I could hit F7 and the Spelling and Grammar...

Why error C2011 when I use ifndef-define-endif?
I have a windows application in which I have a class defined by me which is surrounded by #ifndef A_H #define A_H .... #endif Even though I have this I get error C2011 - class type redefinition. How can this happen? If this is all that is in the file (except for the declarations in the ... section), it should work correctly. If you are getting multiple definitions, you've done something very wrong, but from this example, I don't see it. joe On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 05:11:01 -0700, "Joachim" <Joachim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a windows applicati...