windows installer

have posted this query before so far no help. i have tried everything that
everyone has suggested to other questions in regards to this problem.
everytime i go into web pages or turn on computer the windows installer pops
up till everything is open.it just says peparing to install but not what is
is installing. i have installed firefox and it doesnt happen when you use
that one only with microsoft internet explorer. have trieduninstalling and
reinstalling windows, sp2 no go. it is set to manaul and i have xp sp2 can
any one PLEASE help or suggest anything. thanks
0
Betty (24)

i get error 1002 and warnings 1001 and 1004

"betty" wrote:

> have posted this query before so far no help. i have tried everything that
> everyone has suggested to other questions in regards to this problem.
> everytime i go into web pages or turn on computer the windows installer pops
> up till everything is open.it just says peparing to install but not what is
> is installing. i have installed firefox and it doesnt happen when you use
> that one only with microsoft internet explorer. have trieduninstalling and
> reinstalling windows, sp2 no go. it is set to manaul and i have xp sp2 can
> any one PLEASE help or suggest anything. thanks
0
Betty (24)
12/5/2005 9:01:01 PM
I don't think anyone in here will be able to help you, since this is a
newsgroup for Mac Office; you'd have better chances if you posted in a
Windows XP or IE newsgroup.

On 05.12.05 21:01, in article
3F48B8DF-0F51-4E50-A3F8-321E6931B9AC@microsoft.com, "betty"
<betty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> i get error 1002 and warnings 1001 and 1004
>
> "betty" wrote:
>
>> have posted this query before so far no help. i have tried everything that
>> everyone has suggested to other questions in regards to this problem.
>> everytime i go into web pages or turn on computer the windows installer pops
>> up till everything is open.it just says peparing to install but not what is
>> is installing. i have installed firefox and it doesnt happen when you use
>> that one only with microsoft internet explorer. have trieduninstalling and
>> reinstalling windows, sp2 no go. it is set to manaul and i have xp sp2 can
>> any one PLEASE help or suggest anything. thanks

0
m_bintener (105)
12/5/2005 9:26:24 PM
ok will do thanks

"Michel Bintener" wrote:

> I don't think anyone in here will be able to help you, since this is a
> newsgroup for Mac Office; you'd have better chances if you posted in a
> Windows XP or IE newsgroup.
>

> On 05.12.05 21:01, in article
> 3F48B8DF-0F51-4E50-A3F8-321E6931B9AC@microsoft.com, "betty"
> <betty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > i get error 1002 and warnings 1001 and 1004
> >
> > "betty" wrote:
> >
> >> have posted this query before so far no help. i have tried everything that
> >> everyone has suggested to other questions in regards to this problem.
> >> everytime i go into web pages or turn on computer the windows installer pops
> >> up till everything is open.it just says peparing to install but not what is
> >> is installing. i have installed firefox and it doesnt happen when you use
> >> that one only with microsoft internet explorer. have trieduninstalling and
> >> reinstalling windows, sp2 no go. it is set to manaul and i have xp sp2 can
> >> any one PLEASE help or suggest anything. thanks

0
Betty (24)

Password Protection doesn't interop between Office for Window and Office for Mac 2004
I have an excel file that was created in Office for Windows and certain cells were password protected. When I open that same file with excel for Mac the password protection doesn't work. I tried tools>unprotect> .... I plug in the password and no luck. When I open that same excel file with another windows machine with Office for windows I'm able to access the protected cells after entering the password. Is this a known issue? Is there a fix for office for mac? I'll be forced to buy a windows version of office which would make the mac version useless. I'm currently r...

Installation of Office on Netbook
I recently got a Netbook, and I have MS Office Home and Student 2007. My netbook only has 1.25 GB of ram. I was wondering if there is anyway to at least download MS Word & Powerpoint? It says I have 3 licensed and I've used one on my main PC. When I downloaded it to my netbook, then tried to install it, it said that it failed to install. I thought it may have to do with the ram. My hard drive has lots of space on it. I'd like to be able to use at least MS Word to do Resumes on my netbook. Any help is appreciated. Thank-you You have got plenty of RAM to run Office...

12.1.1 Installed, But AutoUpdate Says 12.1.1 Still Required
After I successfully went through the reinstall routine, an AutoUpdater check still indicates 12.1.1 is required (I used the stand- alone version). I verified via Command+I that 12.1.1 is the present version of Word, PP, and Excel (I did not install Entourage or Messenger). Is this just a bug or is there some way to correct the false positive? "pendragon" wrote: > After I successfully went through the reinstall routine, an > AutoUpdater check still indicates 12.1.1 is required (I used the stand- > alone version). > > I verified via Command+I that 12.1.1 is the pre...

Recurrent 2004 Installation Message
Almost every time I restart/start my computer, I have a "Windows Installing" message come up on the screen. It then asks me to close Money Messenger 2004 so I may proceed. If I close Money Messenger from the toolbar or task manager, it goes away. If I start Money 2004, it has numerous "Installing" message boxes come and go as it eventually loads. I do have spyware and Norton antivirus software but the initial installation seemed to go fine. My spyware also continues to identify a program name "eblaster" which I know can track e-mail. Could this eblaster ...

Long delay in opening New Message windows
My Windows mail has recently developed the problem of taking 10 seconds or more just to open a create new message window. How do I fix this? Did you add any 3rd party software into the Add Ins -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Jembeaux" <Jembeaux@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A58C3591-9431-4BDF-8D32-9ACE1E12D41E@microsoft.com... > My Windows mail has recently developed the problem of taking 10 seconds or > more just to open a create ne...

Installed Exchange 2003 Server on new Hardwar... How to get rid of old Exchange 2000 Server?
Hi, Our single domain company (Win 2000 DC's) was running a single Exchange 2000 server. I bought a new server, installed Windows 2003 Server on it, joined it to the domian (non-DC) and then installed Exchange 2003 Server on that and joined it to the site. I then pointed our MX records towards the new box. As soon as I verified connectivity, I began moving user's mailboxes over 1 by 1. Everyone is now running smoothly on the new server. I have not as of yet removed the old server (still on, running, no mialboxes). The problem is, that as soon as I turn off the old Exchange 2000 s...

First Exchange instal
I just got SBS installed and also configured Exchange (i think). I added an MX record on my hosting account that points to my no-ip.com DNS service. I can send mail fine but i am not recieving. Do i need to contact the Hosting company? ISP? or no-ip.com? Troubleshooting steps when you don't receive internet email: - Since you can send internet mail it is assumed that SMTP service and SMTP virtual server are running, and Store is mounted. 1. Check default email addresses of users - these are the ones shown in the mail attribute and also the ones that start with upper-case SMTP: on th...

Windows Live mail not downloaded into Outlook
I have an msn account, Outlook 2007, and Outlook connector installed on a Vista machine. Recently I've had problems downloading mail to Outlook. Outlook Connector shows that Calendar and Contacts are connected, but that there is an error in connecting mail. The error message says: Error in Mail Error with Send/Receive. Look for a log in the Sync Issues folder. Not sure where the Sync issues folder is. This has occurred at least three times in the past month. Once, I deleted my msn profile and started over, but I can't figure out why it occurred or how I was able ...

Mouse scroll not working in Module window
Access97 on HP Laptop on XP Pro Since installing Office 97 on my new (replacement) laptop I find the mouse scroll button does not work in the Module window - works everywhere else in Access ok? Any ideas appreciated. Piri yeah don't use ancient software, kid "Piri" <wiremu.pareiha@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1178247184.740213.222110@y5g2000hsa.googlegroups.com... > Access97 on HP Laptop on XP Pro > Since installing Office 97 on my new (replacement) laptop I find the > mouse scroll button does not work in the Module window - works > everywhere else i...

Windows Live Video Chat
I have a laptop that has an integrated webcam and microphone. Well I was trying to call a friend over Windows Live Messenger and the webcam works just fine. What doesn't work is the microphone. And I don't know why. Someone help please? Any suggestions? Answers? "Wicked Sin" <WickedSin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B3555EA6-82B4-4831-B70F-1FE3206CB3CD@microsoft.com... > I have a laptop that has an integrated webcam and microphone. > > Well I was trying to call a friend over Windows Live Messenger and the > webcam wor...

does publisher 2000 run on windows xp?
thanks for helping if you know the answer Yes, all versions of Publisher run on XP, Publisher 1.0 maybe the exception. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Baudouin" <Baudouin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6AA35200-15D7-47F2-8471-4E6737171B6A@microsoft.com... > thanks for helping if you know the answer Mary Sauer <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Yes, all versions of Publisher run on XP, Publisher 1.0 maybe the > exception. It runs. Not on...

Trying install CRM 3.0
Hi guys, I'm tryingo to install the trial version CRM 3.0 but i'm receving two errors: 1) MS SQL SERVER: "MSSQLSvc service principal name not found for account CN=OFFICESYSTEMBR,OU=Domain Controllers,DC=officesystem,DC=com." 2) REporting Services "Setup failed to validate specified Reporting Services Report Server http://OFFICESYSTEMBR/Reportserver. Error: The report server cannot decrypt the symmetric key used to access sensitive or encrypted data in a report server database. You must either restore a backup key or delete all encrypted content and then resta...

*CANT log into Windows -please help
Hi, I need step by step instructions on how to use my recovery console CD in order to fix a problem. Here is my prob: A virus/malware scan I did probably messed up my logon file. The antivrus program either removed or quaranteined the virus/trojan that was attached to my logon file. Because when AVG prompted me to reboot after this scan, It stopped at the welcome screen logon part. I click on my user name (only one there) and it says its logging on...But then it says saving settings and nothing else happens. My machine does not reboot or anything. It just stays at this logon sc...

Windows Mail spelling control Dutch
Spelling control of my Windows Mail (Version 6.0.6000.16386 / Vista_rtm.061101-2205) is presently limited to English, French, German, Spanish. I want to include spelling control for Dutch. I received below advise, but after donwload and installation of the most recent version of Wlndows Live, no upgrade to below mentioned latest version has happened, nor is there a complement of 37 spell check languages. ********************** Make sure you have the latest version (14.0.8089.0726), and you have to be online to see the full complement of 37 spell check languages. ****************...

problems installing Outlook Desktop client
Problem trying to install Microsoft CRM 3 Outlook desktop client on a PC running windows XP service Pack 2 and Outlook 2003 service Pack 2 connected to exchange. Originally downloaded ISO installation file from Microsoft downloads, and burnt CD. Installation failed, it seems the installation CD was corrupt. We then found our original installation CD, which when we installed it, it came up with two messages: - Microsoft Outlook was not initialized. Please run Outlook and configure your mail account. ---- Outlook is installed and running, there's no problem with this so I do not unde...

Adobe Flash Player and 64 bit Windows 7
I am trying to view the Lulu demonstration but cannot. I am using Windows 7 and IE 64 bit and apparently I need to run the 32 bit to see the demo. I don't know how to. Any help would be appreciated. John, For the time being there is no 64-bit flash player for IE 64-bit. http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/000/6b3af6c9.html You need to install the 32-bit flash plug-in and active-x from here: http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer10.html After that you should be able to see your demonstration using IE 32-bit in Windows 7 64-bit. Carlos "John Melchitt" wrote: > ...

will RMS 2.0 work with Windows 7
Has anyone tried using RMS 2.0 with Windows 7? What version RMS are you using? Yes 2.0.0126 -- Maurice Gordon Maurice@americanretailsupply.com Sales/Support 1-800-426-5708 XT 1307 "Larry" <Larry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E0D2035-1FB0-497E-8F73-AF5FDA947E64@microsoft.com... > Has anyone tried using RMS 2.0 with Windows 7? What version RMS are you > using? Hi Larry, RMS 2.0 SP2 working fine with windows 7 Vijay "Larry" wrote: > Has anyone tried using RMS 2.0 with Windows 7? What version RMS ar...

How do I stop Excel from deleting the Window's Clipboard Contents
Note: This is with the Office Clipboard turned OFF! For example, If I write the following in 5 cells in Excel. [Hello ][My ][Name ][Is ][Fred ] Then I Copy (CTRL+C) the Cells: [Is ] and [Fred ] to the Clipboard... Then I press [Esc] (there are a dozen other ways to do this, but, this is the simplest) Now, I go to any cell, anywhere in my workbook, and press Paste (CTRL+V)... No Data... If I open up Notepad... Paste (CTRL+V).... No Data... Excel has *decided* for me, that I want to delete the Window's Clipboard Contents. Although I ha...

Excel 2003
There doesn't seem to be an Office 2003 group, I hope you can help, this is driving me mad! I want to open two different spreadsheets in two different instances of Excel, so I can compare them side by side without switching. Excel XP was OK, but Excel 2003 won't let me, so at the moment I've got one spreadsheet running on a different PC! I've seen a similar question asked many times, but the answer to use: Tools | Options | View Tab | Show| Windows in Taskbar does *not* fix the problem, this just lets you switch windows on the Taskbar; I want two separate windows like in X...

Can't install Exchange 2003.
Hi, I'm having an issue where I can't proceed with the "Install Exchange System Management Tools Only" installation wizard. I'm stuck at the "Component Selection" and when I chose one of the action given, I will get these errors : "..has an unknown installation problem" "..encountered an error while checking the prerequisites for the component exchange.." Before that during the initial setup, I was getting this error : "Exchange Server 2003 has a known compatibility issue with this version of Windows. For more information, refe...

stange folder after install updates
hello, I've some computers with XP SP3 which after install some updates appear "strange folders". For example there're some folders in c: called: 6ac86d2ad9be93fc0f0ded or 22553c8e848b459d87bc49 I think that these folder are created when the installation on the update fails but my problem is in order to delete them I have to put myself as propietary of the folder manually, Is there any way to delete them automatically? sgr wrote: :: hello, :: :: I've some computers with XP SP3 which after install some updates :: appear "strange folders". F...

MS Money 2005 Install
I purchased MS Money from Microsofts web site, Installed without a problem, Once it completes all updates and asks to restart money, I come up with the trial version. any ideas? I had the same experience. Here's what I did: First of all, I had made an online purchase of MS Money 2005 Deluxe for $60. Then, I ended up with the trial version, just as you did. Subsequently, while I was poking around in the trial version trying to figure out how to activate the full product, I found that the trial version advertises purchasing the full product of MS Money 2005 Deluxe for $40. So...

Modifying item lookup window
Is it possible to modify the item lookup window to show Description by default instead of Short Description? I know users can get to the description on that window with an additional click, but when they are doing lookups frequently that's a lot of extra clicks. Thanks. -- Jim@TurboChef Hi Jim, There is a product called SmartFill that will allow you to create the lookup window for an Item anyway you want. It is relatively inexpensive, probably a little more then the cost of customizing the window. But it works with Items, Customers, Vendors, Account Numbers, Employees, etc. it a...

external usb HDD crashes Windows
It was supposed to be a good external HDD. after not using it for a while i connected it to two different PCs and first it is recognized and then screen goes black. both XP pro, one SP2 and the other SP3. If I leave it connected then the PC attempts to restart and crashes again. both PCs same deal. tried a different PSU and a different USB cable, same. Do not have a another enclosure, but am ordering one. It's a WD 5000AAKS not good timOleary wrote: > It was supposed to be a good external HDD. > after not using it for a while i connected it to two different PCs >...

Error 2203. An internal error has occurred. (C:\Windows\Installer\
Installing Microsoft Outlook 2007 on Windows Vista 32 SP1 products this error. Error 2203. An internal error has occurred. (C:\Windows\Installer\...) Contact Microsoft Product Support Services (PSS) for assistance. ...