will office 2004 and/or v.X run under Snow Leopard w/ Rosetta?

Version: 2004
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
Processor: Power PC

0
Michael_Kulyk

> On 10/23/09 2:20 PM, in article 59b7f3ca.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, <br>
> &quot;Michael_Kulyk@officeformac.com&quot;  wrote: <br>
> &amp;gt; Have a client with PPC Macs running Mac OS 10.4.11 and Office 2004 or Office <br>
> &amp;gt; v.X. Now looking to buy new iMacs with Snow Leopard. Will the older versions <br>
> &amp;gt; of office run under snow leopard or does client NEED to upgrade to Office <br>
> &amp;gt; 2008? <br>
> There are some issues with the older versions of Office, but nothing <br>
> significant. However, I would recommend upgrading for all the improvements <br>
> in Office 2008 UNLESS they use VBA. <br>
> If they don't need Exchange, you can get the Home &amp; Student version very <br>
> reasonably. $126.99 <br>
> &amp;gt;  <br>
> &amp;gt; If Office 2008 needs to be installed is it difficult to install 2008 on new <br>
> &amp;gt; iMac once Apple's migration assistant has been run to x-fer data and older <br>
> &amp;gt; Microsoft identities from old PPC iMacs? <br>
> There are some problems upgrading Office X Entourage messages. You can <br>
> export the data then import into Office 2008 if Office 2008 does not import. <br>
> How to manually move your data. (when import fails and/or you need to move <br>
> to a new Identity same version or revert to an older version) <br>
> --  <br>
> Diane  <br>
Diane, <br>
0
Michael_Kulyk
10/23/2009 10:56:48 PM
since the client is using a mixture of word/entourage v.x and student teacher 2004 (they didn't know they could buy student/teacher when they first started) will they be able to maintain their v.x or 2004 databases even though they will be using 2008 student teacher?  I assume this will require a manual configuration.  Correct?
0
Michael_Kulyk

macro that runs only when workbook is created
Can anyone tell me if excel has this capability built in? I know in word you can create a autonew macro that only runs when the document is created (doesn=92t run when reopened). Is this possible in excel. Using excel 2007. I want to create a new workbook from a template and I would like to have a macro run when the workbook is created. Thanks for any advice. BRC You need to use Application level events. In the ThisWorkbook code module, paste the following: Private WithEvents App As Excel.Application Private Sub App_NewWorkbook(ByVal Wb As Workbook) MsgBox "New Work...

Legend in x-y Scatter chart does not show marker
I have an Excel program, created with Excel 2002. All is fine. Transferred to Office 2007. Now, in the charts (x-y scatter charts with two data sets each) the data set markers do not show up in the legend. Is this a known Beta error? Am using Beta 2 Tech Refresh. Is there a work-around? Any help would be appreciated. Peter K. Hi, Markers not being displayed in the legend is a non bug that is reported fixed in the latest builds. Only work around I can think of, although I not at a pc I can test this on, is to build you own legend using data labels that display the legend key. Alt...

office 2003 cached mode
I have a multi organization exchange server 2000 running. Clients running outlook 2003 would like to use cache mode but whenever you turn cache mode on you get only one GAL showing (this is say always company A's GAL) Meaning if you are a member of company B,C,D ect. they all get company A's GAL. If you uncheck the cached mode option and restart outlook all companies get the correct GAL. In a word HELP! Roy - The reason the "cached-moded" users are only seeing Company A's gal is b/c that is the only Address List that is defined as the Offline Address List for the mailbo...

Word editor hangs Outlook in Office XP SP3
User has Outlook hang when opening new message or on a reply or forward. I unchecked the option "Use MS Word to edit email messages" under Tools | Options and the Mail Format tab, and the problem was solved. The only article of any help I could find in MS KB was 824934. Since I already have SP3 installed, it detected this patch already inplace. I found two other KB articles relating to this issue with no answers to the problem, 289982 and 278214. Anyone come across before? Thanks, Ryan On Wed, 2 Jun 2004 09:43:41 -0700, "Ryan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.c...

Three computers with different problems running Windows Mail
After running WMUtil.exe on one of my 64-bit Windows Vista computers, I now get these two error messages every time I try starting Windows Mail: Windows Mail could not be started. The application was unable to open the Windows Mail message store. Your Windows Mail mailbox data is currently being used by another program, such as a virus scanner. Close the program or wait for it to complete its operation, then open Windows Mail again. (0x800C0155) Windows Mail could not be started because MSOE.DLL could not be initialized. The WMUtil.exe program was able to find a few hun...

Here are the new things in 2004
http://www.microsoft.com/money/info/upgrading.asp 2004 NEW items vs 2002 and 2003. Some of this is marketing BS. Like the new dynamic home page which has identical functionality to the dynamic home page in 2003. -- Howard On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 15:15:10 GMT, "$2K3 User" <noemail@noemail.com> wrote: >http://www.microsoft.com/money/info/upgrading.asp > >2004 NEW items vs 2002 and 2003. > ...

Print Preview Problem w/Photo
I placed a photo on page four of an annual report; when I go to print preview, the picture shows up on pages 4 and 12. When I move the photo from page 4, it disappears from page 12 as well. This is only in print preview. When in editing mode, the photo shows only on page 4. I want the photo to show only on the page it's on. I am using Publisher 2003. How can I fix this situation. It has to go to Kinko's tomorrow. Musing in Mesquite <Musing in Mesquite@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I placed a photo on page four of an annual report; when ...

Hovering Over the data point shows different X-Axis
I have an area chart with several data points. The chart looks correct, but if I hover over one of the data points the X-axis that it indicates is one off the correct X axis. If I only select data for 2 years (24 points) it is okay. As soon as I add the 25th, the hover over shows the following month (the data is still correct). Is this a limitation in Excel or has anyone else come across this? ...

Money 2004 Canadian French
Hi, I am searching for MS Money 2004 French Canadian version? Only english version seems to be available. Is there any language pack available on the web? Thanks JPRoot ...

Outlook will not open #6
Outlook Express will not open past showing my folders and address book on the left and a blank area where my inbox should be. Eventually it times out and gives me an error message. szAppName : msimn.exe szAppVer : 6.0.2900.2180 szModName : hungapp szModVer : 0.0.0.0 offset : 00000000 C:\DOCUME~1\DAVIDD~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER80df.dir00 \msimn.exe.mdmp C:\DOCUME~1\DAVIDD~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER80df.dir00 \appcompat.txt Can anyone help? Vexed Dave <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Outlook Express will not open past showing my folders and > address book...

X-axis scaling problem
I am having problems with creating scatter plots in the new excel. In the old one (2003), one could highlight a whole column, have the column headings end up as the axes titles, and have blank data points ignored. The new one changes the x-axis to other numbers if blank data or text is included in the selection. For instance, I graphed data containing x-values from 1000 to 5000, and when the header column was included, Excel renumbered all the x-values from 1 to 15, maybe by ranking them, but the system was unclear. Short of sorting my data to remove blank data points and MANUALLY E...

WSE 3.0 X.509 General Question
I'm migrating my app to WSE 3.0. In the past I used WSE 1.0 and 2.0 to encrypt my requests and responses using a private shared key, and not using X.509 due to perceived difficulties therein. With each release of WSE, however, I find myself having to re-implement my encryption scheme to make it work, since it's not using the recommended X.509 certs. Is it possible to use X.509 in a "private" environment, i.e. closed network (no internet), between one server and one or more clients? I'm assuming this would require the IIS Web Server to act as a Certificate Author...

running total of specific data
I have a spread sheet with multiple catagories. I want a running total of just specific catagories. Example; each time a "towels" is entered I want it to total with the last "towels" entry. Help? Assume 'towels' and the like are in column A, with count in column B, then in any column EXCEPT a or b you could use this formula: =SUMIF(A:A,"towels",B:B) Change "towels" to any other item for different results, or separate running totals elsewhere on the sheet. "ameegrl" wrote: > I have a spread sheet with multiple c...

Mailbox management policy: runs only one of three policies
Hello all, An Exchange 2003 server on a Windows 2003 server in a w2k domain environment. I have a few recipient policies defined (in System Manager -- Recipients -- Recipient Policies), each has its own priority. The Default Policy resides in the bottom of the list and has priority=Lowest. Three of the policies are Mailbox Management ones. The problem is, when the scheduled time comes, only the policy at the top of the list (priority=1) runs, but it runs three consecutive times during the time window. The other two never run, unless I move them up to the top of the list. Why does it behave ...

Outlook Contacts from Office 2003 to Office XP?
I want to move my contacts from my pc with Office 2003 to another pc with Office XP Pro. How do I accomplish this? Can it be done? Thanks, Jack Barrett My Web Site: http://windsurf_2.tripod.com RSG Roll Call: http://rec-sport-golf.com?rc=jack I'm assuming you are using Outlook 2003. If not, you can still accomplish this, but the menu choices will be worded differently: 1. Switch to contacts view in Outlook 2. Choose File, Import and Export 3. Choose Outlook From the Wizard, choose Export to a file, then choose what type of file to put your contacts into. If you are importing on...

Microsoft works v. Excel
I need to bring some spreadsheet files forward from an old computer to a new one. The files on the old computer were in MS Works. My new computer does not have the old MS Works program, Is there a way I can convert my old MS Works spreadsheet programs to Excell? G'day ED, Is this any help? Works: How to Import and Export Works Spreadsheets to Excel 97 [Q163109] http://support.microsoft.com/d�efault.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;Q163�109 "Excel Dumb" <Excel Dumb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:529CCB18-F102-448E-8504-63BF60974240@microsoft.com... | I need to...

Bank ofx file will not import into Money 2004
I was downloading my account information directly into Money 2004 (ofx format - Microsoft Money File) and suddenly it stopped working; now I have to manually import the file into Money. Does anyone have a similar problem and does anyone know of a fix? Thanks dennisd In microsoft.public.money, dennis wrote: >I was downloading my account information directly into Money 2004 (ofx >format - Microsoft Money File) and suddenly it stopped working; now I have >to manually import the file into Money. Does anyone have a similar problem >and does anyone know of a fix? When you sa...

Estimated U.S. Income Tax Payment Jumped $2000 in 2004 Deluxe
When I upgraded to Microsoft Money 2004 Deluxe from 2003 Deluxe, the estimated amount I will owe in 2004 U.S. Income Tax jumped over $2000. In the Tax-deferred Retirement Plan Contributions category of the Adjustments section, pre-tax transfers to retirement accounts are to longer being estimated correctly, but are instead now being arbitrarly set to zero. Also, Section 125 Health contributions are no longer accounded for. This all worked in the 2003 version of Money. Are there settings that I'm missing? I don't think anybody knows an answer to this or your previous post, same subje...

[ANN] Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac 12.1.9 Update
See the Entourage Help Blog for info on the 12.1.7 update. Includes tips for a good install and how to troubleshoot errors. <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/2009/06/update_1219.html> -- Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP Entourage Help Page <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/> Entourage Help Blog <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/> Follow us on twitter <https://twitter.com/entouragehelp> ...

Excel will not close #2
User reports his Excel 2000 will not close with either the X box or File|Exit. He has to run the Task Manager in order to close the program. Somewhere in my mind I seem to recall this behavior on occasion somehow having to do with running Groupwise but I can't find any notes on it or anything on the KB. Does anyone have any suggestions? TIA If you are running Groupwise see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;260199&Product=xlw2K (found by entering product Excel2000 and putting in keyword Groupwise then clicking search) "Brenda Hutton" <bhuttoN...

Excel 2004
Dear all, maybe you faced the same problem as I do but found a solution. I still have this light-blue frame around a cell indicating the actual cell position of the cursor. Unfortunately it is not very easy to find it - because of this color. Has anyone of you got an idea how and where to change this color ? Thanks in advance !!! Best regards, Matthias Utrata non answer: the "Formula Bar" on the View menu, if selected to be displayed, will show you the address of the currently selected cell, if that helps at all... "Matthias Utrata" <matthias@utrata.de> wrote ...

Please Help w/ Macro!!!
I get spreadsheets that have numerous (superfluous) tabs that I must delete every time before I present the data. When I record a macro to delete these tabs and then execute it, I still have to respond to the dialog box - " do you want to delete this worksheet as it may contain links to other worksheets". There are 22 tabs (worksheets) that I must delete, so even with my macro, I have to press Enter 22 times - not very efficient!!! Any ideas to eliminate or bypass the dialog box and have the macro automatically delete the tabs? application.displayalerts = false 'your ...

Office 2004 won't install
I can't complete installation of Office 2004 on my Desktop PowerPC G4 = (OSX=20 10.3.3). Everything seems to go fine - putting in my user info, License = Key,=20 etc - until I try to open an application - Word, Excel etc. I get an = immediate=20 notice that something is wrong. I have sent a dozen of these notices off = to=20 Microsoft but haven't seen anyone else reporting such a problem. I then=20 installed=20 it fine on the kids' computer (Student version) so I know the install CD = wasn't bad. I combed my harddrive for lurking old test drive versions, = even=20 resorted to ...

Office 2004 Error
Hi guys, when I open up any office program a warning message in a window appears saying: "An unexpected error occured while trying to load the Microsoft Framework Library" Does anyone know what this error is and how it could be fixed?? Thanks for all your help This is probably related to your other problem, and I would normally recommend running Microsoft AutoUpdate (in your Applications folder) to solve the problem, but since you are already experiencing issues, the safest method would be to remove Office entirely and then reinstall it. To do that, locate Remove Office in Applica...

2004 Vs. 2003
Is there a difference between 2004std and 2003std? Some of us thought 2004 was a little faster. As to functional differences, there probably were one or two, but I can't remember what they were. "Bing" <bing@america.com> wrote in message news:1k88v0stvdfcb$.1dea31dliufuu.dlg@40tude.net... > Is there a difference between 2004std and 2003std? What about term of service expiration issues between 2003-04? I assume that M2004, no matter when installed, will give me at least 2 more years of download service?? My M2003 service may expire in 6 mos, although the TOS ...