Will ODF support also be available for Office 2008?

Hello,

there have been reports about Microsoft including ODF support in MS=20
Office 2007 as from SP2, cf., eg. (in German),
http://www.heise.de/newsticker/Microsoft-will-offenes-Dokumentenformat-OD=
F-unterstuetzen-Update--/meldung/108277
http://www.golem.de/0805/59878.html

Will ODF also be available for Office 2008?

This would be great for exchanging documents with OpenOffice.org users.

Regards,
J=FCrgen.
0
jfenn (8)

On 5/22/08 8:18 AM, in article OdiN0XAvIHA.5472@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl,
"Juergen Fenn" <jfenn@gmx.net> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> there have been reports about Microsoft including ODF support in MS
> Office 2007 as from SP2, cf., eg. (in German),
> http://www.heise.de/newsticker/Microsoft-will-offenes-Dokumentenformat-ODF-unt
> erstuetzen-Update--/meldung/108277
> http://www.golem.de/0805/59878.html
>
> Will ODF also be available for Office 2008?
>
> This would be great for exchanging documents with OpenOffice.org users.
>
> Regards,
> J�rgen.
It certainly has not been announced. Keep checking with Mactopia for any
announcements. If you feel that this will be a valuable feature for you, use
Send-feedback from any Office application to make your views known to
Microsoft.

--
Bob Greenblatt [MVP], Macintosh
bobgreenblattATmsnDOTcom

0
bob6686 (387)
5/22/2008 12:58:31 PM
Bob Greenblatt schrieb:

>> Will ODF also be available for Office 2008?
>> This would be great for exchanging documents with OpenOffice.org users=
=2E

> It certainly has not been announced. Keep checking with Mactopia for an=
> announcements. If you feel that this will be a valuable feature for you=
, use
> Send-feedback from any Office application to make your views known to
> Microsoft.

Thanks, I will do so.

Regards,
J=FCrgen.

0
jfenn (8)

uninstalling ms office 2010 which was installed through power iso
hai; i have downloaded a crappy ms office mondo 2010 from lan and installed it.also there were some installation errors. i am not able to use ppt/word.... hence when i tried to unistall it ,through control pannel, it is saying "corrupted,insert original dvd/cd ". but i have installed it by poweriso. now i want to remove that msoffice and get some office07. so what should i do now to uninstall it. i have tried many times,every time it says "this product installation has been corrupted.insert original dvd/cd......." please help me.BTW, my os is vista home - - ...

Project Server 2003 and MS Office Project 2007
Hello, I'm very new to Project Server and am researching the creation of templates that can be used by the PMs. We would create a comprehensive template based on PMI, RUP or Prince2 and save it as a template. I found out how to save the template and I can see it in the database allright but when I create a new project in project center, I get a blank project. How and where do I configure project server to use the project template I created in Project Center. Any help is appreciated. Jason Jason -- To create a new project from one of the two new enterprise project ...

Can't install (yes, I already did the Remove Office prgm)
I even went into ~/Library/Preferences/Microsoft and deleted that directory to ensure that everything Microsoft-esque was gone. When I start up the installer, it just sits there and doesn't install anything after putting in my name, product key, etc. Any further hints? Thanks, Shade HI, Ya' know, I'm a comm. col.student, 54, mind you,, so I did the "...for eductors ed."Go to Mactopia.com" load and install the 11,0,3, then it might work. Good Luck, Augie Hi Shade: 1) Make sure there is no Microsoft Office 2004 folder in your Applications folder. If there ...

Office Update 2007 error message...
Hey, guys, how's it goin'? As for me, I'm having trouble getting through this error. To start this off, I have Office Ultimate 2007 SP1 and wondering why Office Update won't work? The error message says, "The operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." Is it me or am I missing something? Feedbacks/suggestions are greatly appreciated. Goodday, all! More than likely, it's a permissions problem, but you really need to check with a windows newsgroup. Your question may be better an...

Cannot install Office 2004 Mac
I am trying to install Office 2004 on an ibook G4. The software won't = install.=20 Tried dragging to the hard drive and double-clicking the set-up = assistant=20 but will not go beyond clicking 'accept' on the license agreement. I have run the 'remove office' application from the additional tools = folder=20 and it removed some preferences for previous installation. Is there=20 something else I'm missing? Bob Hendy <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to install Office 2004 on an ibook G4. The software won't install. > Tried drag...

Office installation error
My new PC came with Office trial version pre-loaded. I have since purchased Office Home & Student 2007. Before installing it, I uninstalled the trial version & the Assistant. In installing my new program, I got past entering my key and "Agree". It looked like installation was beginning. Then I got an "Error 1303: C:ProgramFiles(x86)\CommonFiles\MicrosoftShared\EQUATION Unable to access. Verify I have the EQUATION folder and that I have administrative rights and Retry." I have the folder on my computer and I am the Administrator. Still no go....

Office Student & teacher edition 2003
Had this installed on desktop which crashed. Cannot install on new laptop as have lost disk. Have my CD case and product key. What can I do? I'm not sure if Microsoft will off a low cost replacement for that edition but it's worth the toll-free phone call. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326246 -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "gorgonzolaSA" <gorgonzolaSA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5EA31672-977C-47F7-A7B3-6E4CD4A10C4F@microsoft.com... > Had this...

Office 2002 better than 2007
I have a one person office and do not need any of the new features of Office 2007. It is too complicated for me. Also, I was required to send to my friends a conversion kit. No thanks! Simple is best! Hi, Joe. > It is too complicated for me. Also, I was required to send to my > friends a conversion kit. No thanks! Why don't you contact Microsoft and tell them? This newsgroup's readers are volunteers familiar with Microsoft Access databases who help each other out with problems with the product and give advice. It's very unlikely that anyone from Microsoft will rea...

Office Update Mac 12.1.1 Cannot Install
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Hi, Please help. I cannot install Office Update Mac 12.1.1. There are plenty of disk space. Error message: You cannot install Office 2008 12.1.1 Update on this volume. A version of the software required to install this update was not found on this volume. I can previously install update 12.1.0 "AURUM3@officeformac.com" wrote: > I cannot install Office Update Mac 12.1.1. > There are plenty of disk space. > > Error message: > You cannot install Office 2008 12.1.1 Update on this volume. A ver...

Troubleshoot Editing Pictures In Microsoft Office Picture Manager
I am unable to use any of the functions from the "Picture" drop down menu on the toolbar.For example when I put my my mouse cursor on "fix red eye" the "fix red eye" line stays a light grey color and and I am not able to fix the red eye in the picture on the screen of my computer.If I want to "brighten" the picture,I am not able to "brighten" the picture as the "brighten" command stays a light grey. Please how do I fix this problem so that I can use all the "edit picture" choices from the "picture" too...

Upgrading from Office XP Pro to 2003 Pro?
I am currently using Office XP Pro and I want to upgrade to 2003 Pro. My question is this: How do I do a clean install of 2003 Pro without erasing everything in XP Pro???? Should I just do an upgrade? Your suggestions are greatly appreciated! Best, Jack Barrett http://windsurf_2.tripod.com The upgrade path is the easiest to use and it does not wipe out your previous settings. I have used both upgrade and clean installations and they both work fine. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and fin...

enable small user to have "out of office" capability
I am a small office user and I really like Outlook. One capability that Outlook student edition lacks is the "out of office" capability that I had in the Corporate world. It would be greatly appreciated if this feature could be included in Outlook for small users. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader an...

Is there a template available for a grocery list?
In my older version of Windows, I had a template for a grocery list. It was in the Works tool. In my newer desktop, Windows XP, I don't seem to have one in Word or Publisher. Microsoft Online did not have any either. Any suggestions on where I might find one? The Cook wrote: > In my older version of Windows, I had a template for a grocery list. It was > in the Works tool. In my newer desktop, Windows XP, I don't seem to have one > in Word or Publisher. Microsoft Online did not have any either. Any > suggestions on where I might find one? takes less typing on...

You will pass all the exams at 1st attempt No more headaches and worry about spending the time and money to attempt another exam again. You will pass all of your exams, every time www.FreeExamKing.com
You will pass all the exams at 1st attempt No more headaches and worry about spending the time and money to attempt another exam again. You will pass all of your exams, every time www.FreeExamKing.com ...

Office 2003 SP3 breaks MS-Access Sourcesafe
Since installing Office 2003 SP3 I've been unable to get the forms etc in my MS-Access projects from SourceSafe. When it gets to importing the forms I get these error messages: Microsoft Office Access (x) There isn't enough memory to perform this operation. Close unneeded programs and try the operation again. [OK] Source Code Control (i) Failed to import file 'c:\fvs_uk_apps\arm_axa_bpp.scc\FrmEndorsement_Policy.ACF' into Microsoft Access. [OK] [OK All] [Help] The first error seems misleading, 3gb RAM/17gb free disk and the error happens consistently whatever programs...

Uninstalled MS office ultimate 2007, reinstalled
Outlook 2007 in Vista will not open. It processes for 10 seconds and then stops after attempting to open it. Exasperating and Frustrating. How do I make this newish software work? Does it work in Outlook Safe Mode? Start-> type; outlook.exe /safe (note the space in the command) Additionally see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/outlookdoesntstart.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World ...

excell will not start
I have been using excel on a daily basis. About two weeks ago when I started the program i had to close two boxes saying something about forms not found on this machine before it loaded. Now when I try to open excel, a windos installer opens and tries to install office again. Does anyone have any ideas. Its excel 2002 on XP. I suggest you reinstall Excel. It will not affect your data, but will get the program working again "Savdog" wrote: > I have been using excel on a daily basis. About two weeks ago when I started > the program i had to close two boxes saying some...

second try
We're using Exchange 2007 Standard Server. Is there anyway to configure a global out of office reply message directly on the Exchange server, so that if message is received on that server it will automatically reply with an "out of office due to inclimate weather message"? We don't want to do it on individual email accounts. We want it to apply to the server. Most of the users have already gone home and do not have the means to put a message on their individual outlook mailboxes. Also, if i am able to only put the message on the server itself, then i'll only...

"Dynamic cursors not supported by ODBC driver" Error for dynaset CRecordset
Platform: Window 2003 Server Enterprise Edition, VC 2005 , ODBC version 3.52, MDAC 2.8, MSAccess2000 database Hello In our multithreaded VC++ application, we are accessing certain tables using CRecordset (with dynaset properties set) We are facing ODBC related error (for MS ACCESS database) i.e. "Dynamic cursors not supported by ODBC driver". Error comes randomly, during opening of a table. To open the tables we use command CRecordset::Open( CRecordset::dynaset, strSQL, CRecordset::none ). Can someone let me know what are the reasons for this particular CDbException error to be...

Available Resources
I have a user with W2K and Office 2003. She runs macros in Excel in a spreadsheet that takes data and then creates a new spreadsheet with that data in it. It is very large. Other users with similar resources can run this just fine. (She has more memory, speed and space than anyone could ever use..) 1/2 way through the routine Excel locks up. Then it says, "Excel cannot complete this task with available resources. Choose less data or close other applications." Then she gets a Microsoft Visual Basic Window that says 400. Then she gets two further windows, one winmgmt.exe and ...

Help! Trying to get free/busy availability info on OWA...
We're trying to use OWA as our only client to the Exchange Server. We want to use calendars in OWA as well. However, I cannot see people's free/busy information including my own. How do I initiate free/busy features in OWA Thanks in advance for any assistance. Have you looked at these articles: 322196 XCCC: Outlook Web Access Cannot Retrieve Free-and-Busy Information 813152 XCCC: Outlook Web Access Cannot Obtain Free/Busy Data for Some Recipients 832196 How to Make Sure That Your Free/Busy Information Is Correctly Updated in Doug Blanchard [MSFT] Microsoft PSS Please do not send ...

Resource Availability Graph in Project Server 2007
I'm seeing a discrepency in the Resource availability graph and what a published Gantt chart is showing. Basically, the resource availability graph is no longer showing the resource as having work on a particular date, when the gantt chart clearly shows the assignment. Also, from the Resource center, when I click View Assignments for that resource, the assignment is shown just as it is in the Gantt chart. The weird thing is, the Resource Availability graph once showed this resource as having work for that project. Since then the Gantt was edited and published, but the p...

Trying to install Outlook 2003 after using trial version Office 2003
My trial version of Office has expired. I purchased Outlook 2003 and when I tried to convert from the trial version it told me that I needed to convert to Office. Am I going to have to buy the full Office package to use Outlook 2003? Thanks, Sherry Problem resolved. I don't know what happened but I noticed the icon on the bottom at the bottom of my screen. When I clicked on it Outlook opened with all my current email. Now, is it possible to find the email from the trial version and import it into the current version? Thanks again, Sherry Problem is back. I just rebooted my mac...

$4,000 DST patches from Microsoft for non-mainstream support systems
I presume Exchange 2000 would fall into this category. Perhaps someone with Exchange 2000 could post back with what they find out. http://blogs.technet.com/james/archive/2007/01/24/dst-support-update.aspx "To help customers through this change and in response to their feedback, Microsoft has decided to amend the regular Extended Hotfix Support program to add a new pricing category for extended non-security hotfixes with a wide customer demand. The new pricing category will be applied to the daylight saving time hotfixes (DST 2007). � DST 2007 hotfixes for products in Mainstream S...

MS Office Outlook 2007
When I open my email, the emails come up for about 10 seconds then I get a vista message stating 'MS Office outlook has stopped working'. Then it seems to run though trying to detect the problem, then is states that it needs to close and throws me out of outlook. This happened a few days ago and after 4/5 attempts I managed to keep it open and use it. Today, I'm having no such luck. I have 'no' technical experience or know how what so ever so I have no idea why this has happened. Anyone, experienced this before and knows how to resolve it? Many Thanks Does it w...