Where is this forum pulling Signature from?

OS 10.4.10<br>
G5 dual 1.8<br>
2GB Ram<br>
&nbsp;Im seeing this on my post here. Do you know where this is being pulled from? I'ts dated bit and I can't find where to change it, I don't see it listed anywhere in the Mactopia web forums that I'm posting now from. There is nothing in profile section about it<br>
thanks
0
kevs1 (13)

Hi Kevs:

That's a change we have "requested" from the builders of the Mactopia
interface, and they may have been testing their mechanism.  It's not on your
current post.

They are still internally discussing how they are going to implement this
change.

Since these groups now support more than 20 operating systems and more than
20 versions of each of the four applications in Microsoft Office, we have
been getting far too many questions we simply can't answer until we know
which version of what that the user is running.

So we have asked them to change the web interface to prompt the user to tell
us this information.

Cheers

On 5/02/08 1:56 PM, in article ee8c1be.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"kevs1@officeformac.com" <kevs1@officeformac.com> wrote:

> OS 10.4.10
> G5 dual 1.8
> 2GB Ram
>  Im seeing this on my post here. Do you know where this is being pulled from?
> I'ts dated bit and I can't find where to change it, I don't see it listed
> anywhere in the Mactopia web forums that I'm posting now from. There is
> nothing in profile section about it
>
> thanks

John McGhie, Consultant Technical Writer
McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd
http://jgmcghie.fastmail.com.au/
Sydney, Australia.  S33�53'34.20 E151�14'54.50
+61 4 1209 1410, mailto:john@mcghie.name

0
john7143 (1072)
2/9/2008 10:09:18 PM
Thanks JE:<br>
Are you saying that in the meantime, if one does not put what version of Office and OS they have, they may not get your response? thanks<br>
Kevs
0
kevs1 (13)
2/10/2008 2:52:59 AM
Hi Kevs:

I'm JM.  JE is the "other" one :-)

How do you get to my place from where you are?  You can't answer that until
you know where I am, right?

Same with questions in this forum.  Until we know what you're using, we
can't answer the question.

You'll get a "response" but it will probably be "I can't answer until I know
what you are using."

Of course, if we're busy, like we are now, then the questions that don't
have enough information may have to wait a few months for their response,
until the rush is over :-)

It's not as though there's an official "policy" or anything.  But when I log
in here for the day, chances are there will be around 90 new questions
awaiting me.  If each one takes four minutes to answer, there's three hours
worth of work right there.

Now:  That's three hours worth of my recreation time.  You know, the time
that's left over after going to work, eating, doing the shopping, playing
with the kids, walking the dog and arguing with the Tax Department.

So it's highly unlikely that I will sit here too long trying to be a
mind-reader on a question that doesn't tell me enough detail :-)

Cheers

On 10/02/08 1:52 PM, in article ee8c1be.1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"kevs1@officeformac.com" <kevs1@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Thanks JE:
> Are you saying that in the meantime, if one does not put what version of
> Office and OS they have, they may not get your response? thanks
> Kevs

John McGhie, Consultant Technical Writer
McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd
http://jgmcghie.fastmail.com.au/
Sydney, Australia.  S33�53'34.20 E151�14'54.50
+61 4 1209 1410, mailto:john@mcghie.name

0
john7143 (1072)
2/10/2008 3:54:14 AM
Thanks JM, what is JE's last name? or maybe there isn't a JE, and I made a mistake.<br>
Ok, I'm going to stamp my Office and OS versions, new threads, etc with Drag Thing Hotkey, but I'll keep a look out, actually, maybe in this thread, now what I have delightful, e mail notification, you could answer in this thread months from now, and I'd be notified Mactopia has instituted "signatures".<br>
Also, while you are in discussison with Mactopia, the other critical thing they need to do is put the title of the thread in front of their name when you bookmark a thread. So, in Safari, you bookmark a thread, all that comes up now is the generic Mactopia, but in good forums such as MacFixit, when you bookmark, The titile of the thread is bookmarked. thanks!
0
kevs1 (13)
2/10/2008 5:37:30 PM
PSS,<br>
Another Huge thing for Mactopia, very basic:<br>
They should have in user preferences or control panel an option for instant e mail notification to all threads, right now, you do it after each post, still confused if you need to keep doing it every post.
0
kevs1 (13)
2/10/2008 5:50:31 PM
Good idea, kevs. By the way, down in tiny white print at the bottom of
each window, there is a Website Feedback link. It would also be a good
place for such suggestions.

kevs1@officeformac.com wrote:
> Also, while you are in discussison with Mactopia, the other critical
> thing they need to do is put the title of the thread in front of their
> name when you bookmark a thread. So, in Safari, you bookmark a thread,
> all that comes up now is the generic Mactopia, but in good forums such
> as MacFixit, when you bookmark, The titile of the thread is
> bookmarked. thanks!
0
daiyaNOSPAM (1173)
2/10/2008 7:28:11 PM
He's John McGimpsey, I am John McGhie.  You see the problem?

Since I got here first, he has become J.E, which is his second initial.

I answer to "Hey, you!"  :-)

Cheers

On 11/02/08 4:37 AM, in article ee8c1be.3@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"kevs1@officeformac.com" <kevs1@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Thanks JM, what is JE's last name? or maybe there isn't a JE, and I made a
> mistake.
>
> Ok, I'm going to stamp my Office and OS versions, new threads, etc with Drag
> Thing Hotkey, but I'll keep a look out, actually, maybe in this thread, now
> what I have delightful, e mail notification, you could answer in this thread
> months from now, and I'd be notified Mactopia has instituted "signatures".
>
> Also, while you are in discussison with Mactopia, the other critical thing
> they need to do is put the title of the thread in front of their name when you
> bookmark a thread. So, in Safari, you bookmark a thread, all that comes up now
> is the generic Mactopia, but in good forums such as MacFixit, when you
> bookmark, The titile of the thread is bookmarked. thanks!

John McGhie, Consultant Technical Writer
McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd
http://jgmcghie.fastmail.com.au/
Sydney, Australia.  S33�53'34.20 E151�14'54.50
+61 4 1209 1410, mailto:john@mcghie.name

0
john7143 (1072)

Outlook
I have Windows XP 2003. When I try to create an email signature, the advanced editor automatically opens into Notepad rather than Word as checked in previous screens. I can't seem to find the instructions as to how to convert the advanced editor from Notepad to Word which I require in order to insert my email logo graphic. Any ideas? Thanks, Pierre ...

Signature file
I need to insert a logo/graphic on a signature file. Is there a way to do this? Thanks, Lisa ...

How to copy and paste search results into this forum
I have about 30 line items of files that I wanted to post for feedback . I took a screenshot but I don't seem to be able to past it into a question that I want to leave here. Is there some tip that would help me be able to copy and paste the information from a files search into here without having to type each line individually? Thanks. "carl43m" <carl43m@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:94CDF9AB-2A5E-442D-B98C-2A9B97AACD3C@microsoft.com... > I have about 30 line items of files that I wanted to post for feedback . I > took a screensho...

Formulas to (a) pull month, year and (b) sum within date range?
I have a list of dates in column A, and numbers down cols B-E. Off to the right, I need a table that lists the month/year and the totals for each of the columns. It needs to be a separate table, rather than a pivot table, so it can be copied-and-pasted by others. What I _think_ I need is: -- a formula in H2:H10 (maybe more) that will look down the full range of dates (call it A2:A100) and put one month/year per row >> H2 = 02/09 H3 = 03/09 H4 = 04/09 etc. -- a formula in I2 that will sum all entries in B2:B100 with the month and year of H2 I think I could get the secon...

Pulling data from a big report
I am looking for a way to pull data (ie a specific state's financials) from a huge report that I have. Need a drop tab or something so when I click on State abbrevation it pulls only that states financials from the bigger report? How do I do this??? Hi does data / filter / autofilter give you what you need? if not, how is your data structured? Cheers JulieD "nbeaird_51" <nbeaird_51@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A1680BE8-07C7-44C4-B856-DA0F1BA1F59F@microsoft.com... >I am looking for a way to pull data (ie a specific state's financials) fr...

Outlook 2007 Signature
Have just upgraded to Outlook 2007. I created several signatures but have left the default signature set to "none" so that I can insert the one that is appropriate for the individual message I am composing. So I opened a new message, filled in the recipient and the subject, typed the message, and then clicked on Insert \ Signature. I double clicked the one I wanted to use on this message and nothing happened. I have tried to insert each of the three different signatures, and none of them will insert even though all three of them show up as choices. What am I missing?? ...

Command Button
I would like to create a form to enter required data to produce a questionnaire. In this form I would like for the user to be able to click or select a button and that button pull all Questions related to that particular condition. I have a joined table in a query where the have relationship but I am only able to pull one at a time. Is it possible to select the condition once by a click of a button and pull all questions onto the report? On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 11:16:01 -0700, Chantel33 <Chantel33@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: I read your question several times but...

Empty Thread Panes in Outlook and Excel Forums
The forum for Outlook 2007 has an empty window pane. I spent a half hours in a chat with a Microsoft person, who visited the forum and also saw no threads. (The same is true for the Excel forum.) Is there someone I can bring this to the attention of. Here's the address for the forum: http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?lang=en&cr=US&dg=microsoft.public.outlook.general Go here istead, newsgroups are being phased out. http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/default.aspx#tab=3 Robert Lee wrote: > The forum for Outlook 2007 has an ...

Problems with Signature
Greetings... Not sure what I'm doing wrong here. I set up my signature, clicked OK, clicked apply and for the rest of the day it works great. However, when I power down for the night and come back in the next morning and power back up, it changes back to "none" and I have to go back in and reselect my signature, click apply and then it works for the day. What am I doing wrong that it doesn't default to my customized signature. The only thing I can think of is that when I set it up, I forgot to give it a name, so it simply defaulted to "untitled 1", but tha...

Add a signature to "Email this file" link?
We've just come under new regualtions that require a signature tag on all outgoing emails. Adding that sig to Outlook was easy, adding it to the right-click context menu on a file was a little trickier (but I found it), but so far I'm not able to add the signature when a user opens a folder, highlights a file, and chooses "Email this file" from the File and Folder Tasks on the left-hand menu. Any ideas? Outlook-specific newsgroups include: microsoft.public.outlook.general microsoft.public.outlook.bcm microsoft.public.outlook.bcm.developers microsoft.publi...

MFC switch on function signature?
Hi Experts: Since MFC process Windows messages by switching on the signatures of the message handler functions; what happens when two handlers have same signature? Thanks in advance! Polaris I'm not sure I understand the question, but I often have different messages call the same function. I have to code ths by hand since the wizard won't do it, but for example: ON_EN_CHANGE(IDE_SERVERID, OnModified) ON_EN_CHANGE(IDE_SERVER_DESC, OnModified) ON_CBN_SELCHANGE(IDCB_OPMODE, OnModified) ON_BN_CLICKED(IDC_FIFO, OnModified) ON_BN_CLICKED(IDC_AUTOMIN, OnModified) ON_BN_CLICK...

e-signature changes when forwarding/replying
when i forward/reply to emails, the font names,size and hypertext functionality are lost. how can i keep the signature consistent??? thnx ...

Want to make excel to pull up a jpeg based on cell values
I want excel to pull up a jpeg based on a cell's value. It would inser the jpeg into another cell. An example: If A:25 has a value of 5 can exel grab 5.jpeg fro somewhere and insert it into another cell, say C:25? I assume the best place to put these jpegs for excel's use is o another worksheet -- fishbi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- fishbin's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2072 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49195 Perhaps you can adapt this: http://ww...

Signature
When creating a signature in Ms Outlook Xp is it possible to have a subject included automatically. (subject line is always blank and needs to be filled in for every email) If so where is this setting. TIA ...

Signature block too large
Hi everyone, I have added a signature block which is working on one computer but not in another. It is not very large but the error I am getting is "Signature block is too large" How do I get this resolved. Ezam What version of Outlook are you using? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com "Sam2421" <Sam2421@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F94F59F1-8D19-4C62-8E45-CDEF039F0C84@microsoft.com... > Hi everyone, > > I have added a signature block which is working on one computer but not in >...

how-to add a signature Confidentiality Notice
Is there a way from Exchange Server 2003 to add a default confidentiality Notice signature to all outgoing company email? I don't want to have to go to everyone's Outlook client to configure a signature. Thanks B You are going to have to use a third party alternative... http://www.msexchange.org/software/Disclaimers/ David Bermingham MCSE, MCSA:Messaging www.gfi.com - mail essentials. "BwiseIT" <Someone@bodywise.com> wrote in message news:eknR73IcGHA.3352@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Is there a way from Exchange Server 2003 to add a default confidentiality ...

OUTLOOK MAIL SIGNATURE
I recently upgraded to Outlook 2003 which I use as my mail program I have tried to set up a signature which accompanies all outgoing mail. Apart from my name and contact details, I have included my company logo. In setting up the signature all appears to be OK, however when I click on new mail, forward or reply only the text appears and the logo is not reflected but is shown as an empty box with an X in the thumbnail. Is there a setting I should be using? Leon <slutzkin@kingsley.co.za> wrote: > I recently upgraded to Outlook 2003 which I use as my mail program > > I...

VBScript in Outlook Signatures
Hey guys! I'm trying to find out if this is doable, and if so, is it even a good idea: Can VBScript be put into a signature in Outlook? The idea is that the end user would add this signature with their contact information to their e-mail in Outlook. When they send it to someone else, the recipient could click on a link that's part of the signature that says something like "Add me to your Outlook contacts". Clicking on the link would start a VBScript routine to use the Outlook object model to add a contact. * Just how bad an idea is this? ;) * Is it even technically possible?...

Method does not have the same signature as delegate
Dim wsThread As ThreadStart = New ThreadStart(AddressOf readFile.Read_File) Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Creating a WPF Custom Control http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/32d63678-2798-465e-ad29-c0b45fb68b78/creating-a-wpf-custom-con.aspx Am 04.03.2010 03:43, schrieb ketia kem: > Dim wsThread As ThreadStart = New ThreadStart(AddressOf readFile.Read_File) Show us (signature of) readFile.Read_File. -- Armin ketia kem wrote: > Dim wsThread As ThreadStart = New ThreadStart(AddressOf readFile.Read_File) The ThreadStart de...

Outlook 2003 signature disappears / get deleted randomly
Hello! We have a problem with disappearing Outlook signatures for some of our users. 1. We create a signature in Outlook 2003 2. The signature works for a couple of days 3. For some reason, the signature files are deleted sometime when the user logs on/(off?). (The signatures are completely gone from %APPDATA% \Microsoft\Signatures) Office 2003 is installed from a GPO with an MST-file. We are not using roaming profiles (at least not for the thick clients). ...

Outlook 2003 signature/font settings suddenly won't work
I am having two issues with Outlook 2003 that just suddenly occurred without any prior problems. First, my signature will not appear in a new message. I have three different signatures which I’ve had for two years now and never had this happen before. I created them using the Tools/Options/Mail Format procedure. Mail Format options also include “Compose message in HTML format” and “Use MS Office Word 2003 to edit email messages” and “to read Rich text email messages”. Stationary is set to “none”. Second issue: I’ve always used 10pt Arial as my font and Mail Format box shows these...

help: "Hexadecimal Signature" and "Offset" values of a Money file?
Hello I would like recovery two Microsoft Money files: "Money Backup.mny" "Money Backup2.mny" made with Money98. The Hard Drive (where are the files) has a problem (), thus I have to do a "RawRecovery" via "Easy Recovery Pro" software from Ontrack. PROBLEM: Microsoft Money files are not included in this software! To add these files in the "RawRecovery", I have to enter four informations: - SIGNATURE: "the signature in hexadecimal format with a maximum of 8 bytes". - OFFSET: "the signature offset should be zero relative and less ...

Signature appears on direct deposit checks
After recently upgrading to GP 9.0, signatures and $$ amts now appear on payroll checks intended for direct deposit. We are using the DD module and I realize that the old reports were removed with 9.0. I have reviewed my settings for DD and marked print as voided checks, mask $$ amt and stamp void due to DD. I have unmarked and remarked security related to modified reports and our employee checks. I hate to have to trick the system and create a new modified report without $$ and a signature. I would like to use DD as it is intended but I can't get the signature and $$ off the c...

forums n message boards
how do u get a forum or message board into website your amking on mircosoft publisher? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from steph7404 <lovelyangel7404_92@hotmail.com>... > how do u get a forum or message board into website your amking on > mircosoft publisher? You will have to use a different solution for this, and link to it from your Publisher site. Forums and message boards are normally accomplished using someone else's software, which generates the site - all you have to do is link it in. But to accomplish this, your server will have...

Digital Signature on all emails
Greetings, Pardon me if what I am about to ask is completely silly, but here it goes nonetheless: Is it possible ( if so, can you direct me towards a solution ) to set up a digital signature that goes out with every email ? Kinda like saying to the recipient "This email DID originate from this domain" rather than the usual per-user digital signature ? I am using Exchange 2003 in Windows 2003, and I already have a certificate working for secure POP3 and OWA. Thanks in advance, Rodrigo Monteiro ...