what operating system should i use?

There is an expert using Adobe PageMaker on a Macintosh
computer. The expert has to use the same program as
everyone else, that is Microsoft Office. What opperating
system should be used in this situation?
0
antrk (1)

He should probably stay on the operating system he is on unless there are
specific features you need in the latest version of Office, which only runs
on OS X.

Office 2001 works on OS 8.1-9.x, and Office X works on OS X 10.1-10.2.x.
The specific system requirements for Office X and Office 2001 are here:
<http://www.microsoft.com/mac/howtobuy.aspx?pid=sysreq>

If you provide more details perhaps we can help out more.

--
Mickey Stevens (Microsoft MVP for Office:mac)
PowerPoint FAQ featuring PowerPoint:mac: <http://www.pptfaq.com/>

What template do I use for Avery label 8395 in publisher
Label 5895 in page setup, it is the same size as 8395 -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "suzannett" <suzannett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08305733-E0E2-4954-B425-E4B2CCE44626@microsoft.com... > ...

System date error on Money 2004 trial.
I downloaded the trial version of Money 2004 Deluxe from MS's website and installed it. It soon became apparent that it was a US specific version so I uninstalled it and located the trial version of the UK specific one. Unfortunately, Money isn't happy, and every time I start the application, it reports that the system date is set earlier than the date on which I first used Money (it isn't). Any suggestions on how to get around this? I really would love to try it out. Cheers, 4Space I can't guarantee this is the answer but try setting the date via Control Panel > Regio...

using Xmlserializer for Char datatype gives problems
I have a class that I serialize/deserialize using xmlserializer. There are a few properties with char datatype. I have a few xml files from which I want to create the objects. While deserializing from xml if the properties having char datatypes have numeric values(0-9) then everything worls fine. If I put any letter e.g. A it starts throwing exception - "Input string is not in correct format". If I convert these properties to string, all data works. But I have to keep these properties as chars for some reasons. Is there a problem with the char datatype and xmlserialiser? Is there any...

Read the mail with System.Web.Mail
You can read the mail arrived and sent using the System.Web.Mail? Or you must use (telnet-style): tcpClient.Connect (txtServer.Text, Convert.ToInt32 (txtPort.Text)); and use the command "RETR" to read mail. In this case you know how you set the credentials for SSL? Why do I have problems with Google! Thank you. ...

GAL Extraction VB6 Sample Code using Redemption
Private Sub Form_Load() 'create a form, drag in a command button End Sub ' ------------------------------------------- ' The process is simple but sometimes getting there is painful. ' Redemption.dll is the only MAPI based data object required ' Download site is: http://www.dimastr.com/redemption/ ' After Installing: Project | References | [Browse] to installed folder ' Upon selection the reference is called "SafeOutlook Library" ' ------------------------------------------- Private Sub Command1_Click() Dim fld(15) As String ' http://su...

Problems accessing other's mailbox using OWA
Hi, I'm running Outlook Web Access (forms based) in Exchange 2003 native mode. Logging into our own mailboxes is fine, but when trying to access another persons inbox, calendar, etc, I get a "Page Cannot be found" error. When in my own mailbox the URL is: https://mailserver/exchange/ In order get into another user's calendar (for example) I'm entering: https://mailserver/exchange/user1/calendar I am listed as a delegate of user1's calendar. Does anyone have any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong? Thanks, Curtis. -- Please reply to news group only. Thank...

Excel 2007 using combo Boxes
please can someone help me, In Excel 2003 i used Combo boxes which were in the forms tool bar and in format control had a cell link used for counting. I cannot find in Excel 2007 the forms tool bar or Combo boxes with the cell link, Can any one point me in the right direction of how to use combo boxes in Excel 2007 thanks > please can someone help me, In Excel 2003 i used Combo boxes which were in > the forms tool bar and in format control had a cell link used for > counting. I > cannot find in Excel 2007 the forms tool bar or Combo boxes with the cell > link, Can any one...

Using Acces data in to send personalized letter
we have created an access database with names address etc; the input screen works ok for these fields BUT we want to be able to input the required data then have extra buttons that will allow the printing of a personalized letter for the data just input/onscreen and save it at the same time, and a separate button incase we just want ot save but not print. Sorry if you guys think it's simple but we are very new to this. Regards Adrian Hi Adrian, There are a number of ways you could print a personalized letter. You could create a Report each time and copy the record data to the relev...

printing mailing labels in OPerations Manager
My mailing labels have never aligned themselves well on the actual labels. Recently they've relocated themselves to even more inappropriate position with the top line printing entirely off the label and the left hand margin off the label as well. How do I align these labels correctly? I've looked at the labels.def file and can make no sense of it. The same is true of the Labels.rpt which is meaningless to me. Is ther a way to get these labels back onto my Label? Microsoft has a custom mailing label available in the report download area of CustomerSource which prints the lab...

newbie: How to use WriteXmlSchema?
I must be missing something simple. I want to serialize a DataSet to local disk when my .NET 2.0 WinForms app closes, and deserialize the DataSet when the app reopens. I use this code to serialize my DataSet: XmlSerializer ser = new XmlSerializer(typeof(DataSet)); TextWriter writer = new StreamWriter(xmlFile); ser.Serialize(writer, projectData); projectData.WriteXmlSchema(xmlSchema); //must this be written every time? writer.Close(); Here are the results: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <DataSet> <xs:schema id="ProjectData" xmlns=&qu...

How do I set up dowloading PDF file on web page using Publisher
I am setting up a simple web site using publisher and what to give browsers access to PDF files of media articles etc. How do I set up a link on a web page and where do I put the main PDF file? On your webpage put a text line for the file, i.e., Get this file. Highlite the word FILE or words GET THIS FILE. Right click select Hyperlink and type in the path to where you are storing the pdf file, i.e., downloads/file.pdf Create the folder DOWNLOADS on your website, upload file.pdf into the DOWNLOADS folder. (uppercase is to clarify suggestion and not necessary for actual procedure - al...

How to generate xsd file using <xsd: and not <xs:
When I generate an xsd *schema* I get something like : <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?> <xs:schema xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"> <xs:element name="AccountsReceivable"> .... but I want to have the following, and don't know how to achieve it <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?> <xsd:schema xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"> <xsd:element name="AccountsReceivable"> .... "andy gilman" <andygilman@discussions.microsoft.com...

using dates
I am wondering if anyone can help me parse a date field and update another field. Here's the situation: I have a date coming thru - for example: 2/1/2010 I need to populate 3 fields based on this date 1) B_Qtr - 2011-1 2) Year - 2011 3) Qtr - Q1 Our FY year is a little different in that it starts in February and has the next year on it -- Thank you in advance!!!! Try these remembering data from Format function is text -- 1) B_Qtr - 2011-1 --- Format(DateAdd("m",11,[ActivityDate]), "yyyy - q") 2) Year - 2011 ---- Year(DateAdd("m",11,[Act...

Which chart type to use
This should be pretty simple, I need to compare the body weight and brain weights of 3 different animals. THere is a signifigant difference between the brain and body weight of each, for instance, Humans are avg 160 lbs and brain is 3.5 lbs. I tried a column chart but you dont see the brain data, it is too small compared to the body weight. What type of chart would best display this data? Thanks. XY chart, body weight along X, brain weight along Y, data labels to identify the species. Use one of these utilities to provide the custom data labels: Rob Bovey's Chart Lab...

Can I use Office among 4 users on one machine?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel I'm using the Mac's "fast user switching" option on my new mac (4 users total). I'd like be able to have any of us edit a document at any time, without having to switch users and close an Office product that another user has open. Can I do this? Whether I can or not, can anyone point me to where its documented? (the Home edition license agreement seems to say I can install and use up to 3 copies on one machine - is this 3 copies in addition to the original installation or including the original? Als...

Can't send email using IMAP
I am having a problem setting up clients using IMAP to reply or send outbound mail. They can access their inbox and sync mail without a problem. They connect using a VPN. Exchanger Server 5.5 ISA Server 2000 Spam Filter on a different machine. I have searched for two weeks and still can't find a solution. Please help as this is extremely important. Carl Hi, IMAP uses SMTP to send mail.. Have you published SMTP through your ISA server so it's available? Are these internal or external users? See if they can telnet to the (internal or external IP depending on user location...

How do I reuse label sheets when I don't use the whole page?
I need a way to print only 2-3 labels at a time, but not waste the whole sheet of labels. Any ideas? I have tried every option in Access that I can find. Ralph, Yes it can easily be done. If you google you will find lots of examples showing you how this can be done. Below is one link http://books.google.ca/books?id=IDxCIGNjNTYC&pg=PA159&lpg=PA159&dq=ms+access+vba+skip+label&source=bl&ots=phQIJ4ahfz&sig=l66-wBJVYdq4NZP4i806iB4iTdg&hl=en&ei=4HXYSoqXBJSk8Aaas4m3BQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=8&ved=0CCIQ6AEwBw#v=onepage&...

system message freezes outlook
Hi, We are using outlook 2002 with exchange server. On the client, if we receive a system message (e.g., read receipt, undelivered message etc.) and happen to move your mouse on it, it freezes the outlook. All other messages are fine. Anybody has seen this problem before? Thanks, Sarah ...

Hanging 5 minutes on send when using rpc over http
Hi folks, I'm using a Outlook 2003 client connecting to a 2003 server with rpc over http. The profile is setup for cached mode if that is of interest. So my problems is that in one office the internet access is only via a local proxy. This proxy is configured in IE and I can connect fine and I get my messages downloaded. When I try to send a message Outlook is hanging for a couple of minutes and more or less hanging the whole system. After a while th message is sent fine. In another office I also do have a proxy connection and there everything is working fine. What is going wrong? Can ...

Building Gantt Chart using FlexGrid- how to start?
Hello, I need to build a Gantt Chart using data in Access. I am creating a production schedule with multiple tasks and resources; it is quite complex. I found the FlexGrid demo and it seems to be useful, but as a beginner in Access I'm not sure how to start. Is there a walkthrough or step-by-step that will show me how to make the chart? Thanks in advance, Emily I'm not sure that the flexgrid is going to work for this. It's going to require your entire column be the same width, so that's going to make it tricky to show variable widths in your graph. I could see doing...

which shape should i use ?
Hello. I been using visio pro.. to drow Networking diagrams so i only got information about limited sets of avalible shapes. Now , i need to create database for my new project. I know the shapes that i have to use for database. but i need to know, is there any other shapes that i can use to describe attributes for products? ie: before creating db. i need to define prodcuts and thier attributes, Users and thier attributes and soo on . which shapes whould you recommend for those process ? Thanks in advance ...

Protect worksheet but still be able to use Data Filter and Data Sort
I worksheet that I want to protect but I would like the users to still be able to use Data Filter and to be able to sort the Data. Is this possible in Excel 2003 without using macros? When I select Tools/Protection/Protect Worksheet I have notice there are check boxes which allow exceptions to the usual total protection. I have ticked the following boxes: Allow all users of this worksheet too: Select locked cells Select unlocked cells Sort Use AutoFilter However I am still unable to apply autofilter or sort the data. Have I missed a step? Or am I asking for the impossible? Any hep with this ...

Users only using OWA + change password at next logon
We have some users that really never logon to a workstation, but they do need their email, which they will check through OWA. (Exchange 2003) How do we handle those users as far as password expiration and "User must change password at next logon" (after creating a new user) goes? It seems like both of those things only popup if you logon to a workstation joined to the domain, but not through OWA, at least not by default? Any suggestions really appreciated! TIA!! / Per See if this helps. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/833734 SUMMARY The Password Change pages that are...

Missing servers folder in exchange 2003 system manager
Would anyone perchance know why I no longer have a server folder under my organization? I can't for the life of me figure out what I did to make it disappear, but I'd really like it back. Thanks, -- Jordan Mills Did you change the view? Organization properties, then see if "Display Routing Groups" and "Display Administrative Groups" are checked. They aren't by default. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "Jordan Mills" <usenet@spam.me.later.jordanmills.net> wrote in message news:%23V%23%236f1tFHA.3932@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl......

using setup project
Hello! Is it possible to use setup project that exist in VS2005 to deploy application written in MFC. I know this can be done if you have written classes end exe files in for example C#. //Tony "TonyJ" <johansson.andersson@telia.com> wrote in message news:eF9xIY0KIHA.5360@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hello! > > Is it possible to use setup project that exist in VS2005 to deploy > application written in MFC. > > I know this can be done if you have written classes end exe files in for > example C#. > > //Tony > > Yes, the setup/installation pr...