Visual Basic Programming Tips

Hi Everyone,

To get to the visual basic editor use Tools > Macro > Macros > Visual
Basic Editor

This article has tips about using the editor.  Two features mentioned
are not available in Mac Visual Basic (Auto Quick Info & Auto List
Members are Windows only).

The article is titled:
How to format Sub procedures in Visual Basic for Applications
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=843621

-Jim

--
Jim Gordon
Mac MVP

Is there a program or plug-in that does this?
Hi Everybody I am in a small distributed (geographically) design team who regularly communicate with each other over a long periods by email. Some conversations go on for months and people get quite passionate about their particular point of view. However when it comes to looking for previous emails that re-inforce a particular current point of view, it is difficult because they are scattered thoughout different folders etc. I am looking for a program that will store these emails in a database so that they can be sorted by Date, Subject, Writer etc Any suggestions? Thanks in advance In...

How can I change the program used when following a hyperlink
I have a database which uses hyperlinks to take me to a set of image files, gif & jpeg. I have recently moved to Firefox. If I click on a link to a gif file it opens in Firefox, but if I do the same for a jpg it persists in using IE. The file association for jpg files on the computer are to Photoshop. But I prefer opening the links in the browser as I am only viewing, not editing, the files Anyone got any ideas JimR Use a button that when clicked calls this code (pass in the value on the hyperlink field): Public Sub OpenWebPage(url As String) Dim browser As Vari...

Print titles
The "print titles" option under page setup/sheet is grayed out. How can I get it to work since I have multiple sheets that I need to carry over the titles when I print out the sheets? The titles I need are not in the first column or row. I see how it is done if it was available. GA -- My address is spoofed, so do not reply directly. If you are accessing Page Setup from the Print Preview screen, thos options will be grayed out. You need to access it from the main menu File>Page Setup | Sheet. Does this work for you -- swatsp0 -------------------------------------------...

How to save MS Money program updates?
I wish to archive software updates to Microsoft Money on my computer's disk drive. What I mean is, I would like to be able to obtain the latest version of the MS Money program without going through Microsoft's network servers. In particular, I would like to be able to 1. Install MS Money from the Microsoft CD-ROM that I bought. 2. Execute one or more update/installer files stored on my own PC. How to obtain the update/installer file(s) in step 2. above? I have the latest version, Microsoft Money Plus Premium 17.0.125.1415 expiring 11/23/2009. Thanks for any suggestions. -- David A...

Tip
To go to the bottom of a bunch of contiguous data, I've alwasy hit the END key, and then the down arrow. Likewise, END right, END up and END left work the same way (you can also hold shift in conjunction with these commans to select data). This morning I stumbled across a way to do this with the mouse. Within a large selection of data, click on a cell. Then move your mouse to the bottom border of the cell (like you were going to drag and drop), then when your cursor looks like a double cross hair, double click. This performs the same function as END down arrow. Hi This works with *a...

Best MFC to use to programe an Internet client application.
Dear sir, To enable a program to connect to a web server and get information, which MFC or technology is the best? (I only know WinInet class!). Thanks, Milan. I know of the following technologies: WinInet, MSHTML, host IWebBrowser2(if you want visual feedback) or automate IE. MFC provides some helper classes like CHttpConnection/CFtpConnection. Example TEAR in MSDN is worth a look. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Milan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:004401c3aba8$ae575400$a501280a@phx.gbl... | Dear sir, | To enable a program...

Excel - Array Formulas - Freeze
Hi all I have a big problem. It takes about 30 minutes to save my excel fil because I have many array formula: about 32 000! So do you have a ti to accelerate the computing process? Is a VBA function would do i faster? Here is an example of what I use: Col A contain unique numbers Sheet 1: Col A Col B Col C Row1 001 123 9i9 Row2 005 456 8u8 Row3 003 406 8ur etc... to +8000 In sheet 2, I have to check if the data exist in sheet 1. Col D contai Yes (data is in the sheet1) or No... Examples: Col D check if the data in Col B is the same in sheet 1 Col...

"Configuring Microsoft Office Basic 2007" every time I start
I added memory to my PC and Office 2003 started to misbehave (and it could not find a CAB file that was on the CD) so I removed it and upgraded to Office 2007. Now every time I start my PC it spends time configuring itself. I might add iTunes is the same. It means starting the PC is an even more laborious process than usual. Oh, and I have some annoying update to XML something or other that does not install either, and does not go away. It is ironic that the extra memory was to improve perforamnce. Every step forwards involves two steps back. Apart from swapping to App...

Video message program in Outlook 2003
Worked for a few days now will not start. Have installed the latest version, etc. Will not start. When I click on the icon hard drive runs for a bit then nothing. Harvey hknauss@houston.rr.com ...

Basic Money 2004 Budgeting Question
In MS Money 99 I was able to chart out several months worth of spending by budget category (auto, gasoline, groceries, etc.) By looking at this chart, I was able to compare by month my actual spending versus my budgeted amount for each category. In addition, the cumulative totals at the far right showed how much in the black or red I was in each category over the period of time that I specified (e.g., Sept 02 - July 03). I have been unable to find a chart that performs this function in MS Money 2004, which seems odd given that being able to track such information over a period of ...

Visual studio sample configuration
Hi there, I'm trying to run the callout sample included in the sdk but i don't know how to configure the project and i can't find info about it in the sdk. Can anyone help me with a known tutorial or something like that? Thank you in advanced! Hi Diogo, Have you downloaded the sdk? In there you will find good examples. Here's the link: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9C178B68-3A06-4898-BC83-BD14B74308C5&displaylang=en With kind regards, -- Ronald Lemmen Avanade Netherlands "Diogo Monteiro" wrote: > Hi there, > > I'...

Email Program
If this is the wrong forum, I'm sorry but I'm at my wits end. I need to send emails using data in Access 2000. The SendObject macro only allows 256 characters to transfer. Does anyone know if there is a software program I can buy that sends emails AND can import data from Access? Thanks in advance for any help. -- Ceedy You could create a report and e-mail it using SendObject method or you could automate Outlook from within Access. What exactly are you trying to send? How much data? Explain a bit more your objective. -- Hope this helps, Daniel Pineault If this post was...

ADO sample program
Does anyone know of a good sample program using the ADO database model? Thanks in advance.. Are you looking for a big sample? I guess not.. A lot of samples are available within msdn. Look at appendix D of ADO programmers guide. It has a list of samples. -Boben "Precioso Vinzon" <pvinzon@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:266c01c3a953$d4b53150$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know of a good sample program using the ADO > database model? > > Thanks in advance.. ...

EDIT CODING BEHIND EVENT WITHIN A PROGRAM
within in a vba program I am able to open a form object. ? oform.onopen = "[event procedure]" My question is how do i find the actual text in the event procedure. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I would like to then be able to edit the procedure within a program. On Sep 17, 10:22 am, "ras" <rap...@bellsouth.net> wrote: > within in a vba program I am able to open a form object. > > ? oform.onopen = "[event procedure]" > > My question is how do i find the actual text in the event procedure. Any > suggestions wou...

Basic Excel Help....!
Hi, I am a newbie to this board and to excel.. I have a list of numbers: 07973190447 07788520694 07803297928 07753115869 07736777401 What I want to do is delete the 0 at the start and replace it with 44 is there a quick way of doing this... Thanks, Simo ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements Copy this formula down the next column and format as number. =A1+44000...

Database programming in MFC
Hello, I am quite new to database programming in MFC. I need to read/write MS Access database files. Writing binary data is crucial. So far, I tried CDatabase and CRecordset classes. Reading is OK, but updating records is painful. I tried the CODBCRecordset class written by Stefan Tchekanov (http://www.codeproject.com/database/odbcrecordset.asp), but there are errors in reading/writing binary data. What is the best tool for MS Access in MFC ? Thanks! DAO of course. It is native to Accrss databases. But SQL Express is recommended for easiler upgrade. -- Regards Sheng Jiang Microsoft Most...

spell check in office basic or office Pro?
which ms office program do I need to purchase to get spell check in ms word? office basic or office professional? Thanks so much. Not sure why this put me in the excel user group..sorry barb Barb All of the office suite have Spellcheck. Take your pick, MS Works, Office Standard, Office Student, Office Pro. HTH Michael "barb" wrote: > which ms office program do I need to purchase to get spell check in ms word? > office basic or office professional? Thanks so much. Not sure why this put > me in the excel user group..sorry > barb ...

Creating calendar based on agency program data
I am working with a group of social service agencies, who want to create a joint community calendar of programs. Their vision is to have a calendar with programs coded by age group, time of day, day of week, and other information. i could easily group this data in a simple Access database and produce a simple report, but they want the output in a visually useful way, such as a monthly calendar. Can one produce a calendar report based on data in a database? We would need to keep this data constantly updated. Thanks. ...

a program is trying to access e-mail addresses you Stored n Outlook
Hi - After installing Acrobat Standard 6.0, when I try to send an email message using Word or any other program, I get an Outlook message saying "a program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook". The only choices I get are to allow access for one instance or for a short period of time. What I want to do is to ALWAYS allow Word, PowerPoint, Excel and ACT to access my Outlook e-mail addresses. I went to the Office Service Pack 3 page, which said "To prevent the PDFMaker COM Addin from loading, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Offi...

Call for opinions on Visual Source Safe with Access 2007
I am at a point where I think that a solution like Visual Source Safe may make sense for my mult-developer environment. I did dabble with it back in the late 90's and found that it often resulted in corruption and other issues. (Damned if I can remember any specifics.) In any case, I am looking for any feedback on the current state of this product from actual users. I am expecting migrate to Acc2007 soon and think it might be a good time to put the project under better source control. I am most interested in what limitations and/or problems you may have encountered as users and ...

How do I change a Chart's axis scale from visual basic?
How do I change a Chart's (that is on a worksheet) x-axis scale from visual basic? The following only works when the chart has its own sheet/tab. With Charts("Chart1").Axes(xlCategory) .MinimumScale = 740.25 .MaximumScale = 746.25 End With If it is located within a worksheet how do you reference it? Hi, Some more like this for chartobject, With ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart 1").Chart.Axes(xlCategory) .MinimumScale = 740.25 .MaximumScale = 746.25 End With Cheers Andy jfiorillo wrote: > How do I change a Chart's (that is on a worksheet) ...

MS PUB 2003
My program has been freezing up whenever I try to insert a picture into a document I am trying to create and edit. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the software. But I still have the issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I use this program daily and it is a vital part of my business. Thank you! Tom Problems in Windows Explorer or the Windows shell after you install security update MS06-015 (15 Apr-06) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/918165 http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms06-015.mspx has been revised to v1.1 to reflect the issues i...

new Visual Studio Head
There was quite an excitement on this group about Orcas+1 release of Visual Studio and all the promises about better support of C++ and MFC. Unfortunately this may not happen with the new Head coming from .Nut and taking over the VS development team. The Q&A kind of reflects his attitude about C++/MFC, no mention of it, while he mentions everything else. Good luck folks! announcement: http://reddevnews.com/news/print.aspx?editorialsid=9047 Q&A: http://reddevnews.com/news/print.aspx?editorialsid=9048 "VCPP" <no_vcpp_spam@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:IfZH...

Need ideas for communication model between 2 program
Hi Group I have 2 program running in separate computer and they are networked. What type communication should i use. Basically it involves in data(string/numbers) i/o. So far i have not done any inter exe communication. but looking for a fast method since the processing is time critical. -- Regards The most reliable and least secure mechanism is to use TCP. The problem is that unless you impose some security protocol on top of this mechanism, anyone can talk to your app. Named pipes work, although in the past they have been limited to computers in the same WIndows domain (I...

Looking for Outlook add on program
HI all I recently had a hard drive fail and lost a program but i am sure somebody will point me in the right direction. It was an add on for outlook that was as far as I am aware freeware and was called something like AOPEN It sat it's self in the options panel of Outlook and allowed you to chose what files/attachments could or could not be downloaded. Do any of you have an idea what it was called or as to where i can download it again ???? Many thx Steve This was to open attachments blocked by security? Was it called Attachment Options maybe? See http://www.slipstick.com/o...