viewing deleted items that are outgoing "sent" messages

Version: 2004
Processor: Power PC

Hi:

I was able to view my deleted messages in the "deleted items" folder until recently. I am still able to view the deleted items that are incoming messages, but the outgoing messages or "sent" messages have completely disappeared. Can someone please advise on how I can fix this? Thank you.

Diana
0
Diana_Kim (2)

"Diana_Kim@officeformac.com" wrote:

> I was able to view my deleted messages in the "deleted items" folder until
> recently. I am still able to view the deleted items that are incoming
> messages, but the outgoing messages or "sent" messages have completely
> disappeared. Can someone please advise on how I can fix this? Thank you.

Under View in the Menu bar see if you have "Flagged Only" or "Unread only"
selected.

--
Diane

0
diane7495 (1195)

Outlook Live 2003 re: reply to msg sent to different e-mail account
Issue: I want a different e-mail account to display to recipient I'm just subscribed to Outlook Live and using Outlook 2003. I simply want to configure Outlook 2003 as I have my Outlook Express configured (ie receipient sees the same "reply to" e-mail address no matter which e-mail account I use to send the original e-mail). For my POP3 account, I easily configued Outlook 2003 to work using a different "reply to" address. However, for the Hotmail account (http radio button) I don't have the same options available to change the "reply to" address. Rev...

Can you pull back an email that was sent if it is unopened?
If have sent an email, can I pull it back from the recipient if they have not opened it yet? How do I do that? Open the email. Click on Actions > Recall This Message. Note that this doesn't always work. If they have opened it or deny the recall request, if they're on a different mail server, there are many instances where this may not work. "Melissa" <Melissa @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8DB78753-0EEC-442A-8D3B-55F737EA6E23@microsoft.com... > If have sent an email, can I pull it back from the recipient if they have > not ope...

Why are my replies to emails not sent ?
I receive incoming email and log the ID of the sender into my Contacts. I then send a reply to the same ID - but get message - "Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Test Sent: 08/12/2004 17:14 The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'email address of sender' on 08/12/2004 17:14 503 No recipient(s). What to do ? ...

Outlook sent multiple copies of an e-mail
I am using Outlook 2003. Last week I sent an e-mail to an associate. The e-mail had a small attachment. So far, over this week he has recieved that e-mail 12 times. It does not seem to have happened with any other recipients of e-mails. What could have happened? "Rand" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03da01c3d931$dd5b9f20$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I am using Outlook 2003. Last week I sent an e-mail to an > associate. The e-mail had a small attachment. So far, > over this week he has recieved that e-mail 12 times. It > does not seem to ha...

Automatically copying all sent and received messages to a user
Is there a way to automatically copy all messages sent and received by all users to a single user in Outlook/Exchange? I'm trying to find a way for a designated user to be able to search all incoming and outgoing messages in the organization. -LW You might want to post this in an Exchange group as the solution likely lies there, not in the client. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head ...

IP address messsage was sent from
On Exchange 2000, is there any way to find out which IP address a message was originated from ? I open a message in Outlook 2002 and I see headers that list only the origin server IP, not client. "Marlon Brown" <marlon_brown@hotmail.com> wrote: >On Exchange 2000, is there any way to find out which IP address a message >was originated from ? >I open a message in Outlook 2002 and I see headers that list only the origin >server IP, not client. the 'view | option' menu item will show you the rfc822/2822 headers. forged messages usually contain untrustworth...

What is the meaning of i circled symbol in sent mail folder
Sometimes when I send an email there is a i circled symbol lower right corner of envolpe symbol in the sent messages folder, it is kind of like the blue arrow when you forward a email. What does the i circled indicate? It means that tracking information is available for that item. You'll need to open the item to view the Tracking tab. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "watercrazed" <watercrazed@discussions.microsoft....

All sent emails to be recieved by Admin mailbox
Pretty new to this have been searching on how to have all users sent emails also passed onto an admin's mailbox for monitoring purposes? Its Exchange 2003 on Windows Server SBS 2003. Any ideas or help would be great as I've been asked to try and set this today :S Thanks in advance -- --------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.5 Beta 7 Web @ http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet ------------------- ----- ---- -- - right-click the mailbox store, check the "Archive all mail sent and received from this mail store" and give it a mailbox to go to......

direct sent mail to specific folders
At my last job I was able to have an automatic choice if I wanted to keep a copy of an email I was sending, It was a simple pop up box that asked save yes or no. If I chose yes I then could choose what folder I filed it in. This was instead of having all email saved in a sent folder. At the new job no one knows how to set this up. Smaller IT dept, smaller help potential. I need help as I was spoiled! Hank "Hank Novak" <Hank Novak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA33AD75-9837-41E1-A129-78E4060301C6@microsoft.com... > At my last job I was able to ...

Outlook 2000 Rules Wizard: handling sent mail
Hello - I am trying to set up outlook 2000 rules to MOVE mail sent by me from the SENT folder - into a subdivided folder. This works - but it leaves a copy of the mail in SENT. Ideal situation. MOVE sent message to Folder and remove it from SENT. How can I faciliate this? thanks On Wed, 19 May 2004 12:19:47 -0700, "stephen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello - > >I am trying to set up outlook 2000 rules to MOVE mail sent >by me from the SENT folder - into a subdivided folder. >This works - but it leaves a copy of the mail in SENT....

Mails sent via Word Mail Merge remain in Drafts folder
Hello, I have a problem with a Word Mail Merge. When I send a bulk email to a group of contacts, the emails are sent OK, but still they remain in a Drafts folder of the Outlook. When exiting the Outlook, it shows the message that there are some unsent messages. Any idea what's wrong?? Thanks Jan ...

date sent
Help...a lot of emails are coming in with a sent: date of Friday, July 10, 2893 3:44 PM It happens about 10-20% of the time..I have no idea what's causing this or how to fix it. This is Outlook XP on WinXP Pro. Thanks. -Ken Are those items coming from the same person or from the same mail server? "Ken" <goodnooze@aol.com> wrote in message news:062e01c3678e$afc4c0b0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Help...a lot of emails are coming in with a sent: date of > Friday, July 10, 2893 3:44 PM > > It happens about 10-20% of the time..I have no idea what's > causing ...

User Deleted Sent Items folder, trying to restore from exchange M:
User delete Sent items folder, so I got on M: drive of exchange and found the users folders on exchange. I copied the email in sent items to users pc, then copied them to MS outlook. But the email are in there but does not list "To" tag info on the display. Is there another way to do this, that will restore the "To" tag info. So the user can tell whom she sent the emails to without having to open each individual email? "Scott" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >User delete Sent items folder, so I got on M: drive Repeat after me: THERE I...

Publisher Sent as email body converts information to image
I am using publisher 2003 to create an email template. I have followed all of the guides and use onlt web fonts, etc. When the documnet is sent as an email message, the recipient receives an image of the document rather than html. It worked for a while but now does not. Please help. Charlie <Charlie@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I am using publisher 2003 to create an email template. I have > followed all of the guides and use onlt web fonts, etc. When the > documnet is sent as an email message, the recipient receives an image > of th...

multiple emails being sent out #2
It appears that when a message is sent through a > distribution list that sometimes the email gets hung in > the outbox. Outlook believes that the message has failed > to send but does not bring up an error message or > anything, it will just attempt to send it again approx. 2 > mins later. > The sending computer has in its sent items that the > message was sent at 10:30 AM > Two of the recieving computers recieved the message at > 10:14 AM > 10:18 AM > 10:20 AM > 10:22 AM > all computers recieve the time from the domain controller > so that the ti...

blank To: field in Sent items
We recently migrated from Notes to Exchange and some of my users are complaining that some messages that they forward don't have an address in the To: field in Sent Items. We are using Outlook 2003. Any ideas? Same problem here. "Sander" <noemail@noemail.com> wrote in message news:<#7SnUBm0EHA.1564@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>... > We recently migrated from Notes to Exchange and some of my users are > complaining that some messages that they forward don't have an address in > the To: field in Sent Items. We are using Outlook 2003. Any ideas? So are we...

no sent items are being saved in that folder
This has been on going since April 17th. Updates have been done. Check preferences and "Save Sent Items in Sent Folder" is checked. HELP! -- jan stephens "jan s" <jans@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B74CCD9B-518B-4718-ACBC-FC7042DB7CF8@microsoft.com... > This has been on going since April 17th. Updates have been done. Check > preferences and "Save Sent Items in Sent Folder" is checked. What version of Outlook? What type of account? -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Cant find email sent to local (inboud) at webmail
Is there any way in Exchange 5.5 i can manage sent mail to stay at webmail (host) eventhough i sent it to local account (same company with my account, ex. abc@company.com to xyz@company.com). Cause in many ways, i cant find any local mail received at my webmail, and i looked at IMS there are no local domain sent it to. ...

Managing responses to ad-hoc (externally sent) e-mail received in
We have externally sent e-mails going to a CRM queue for response. Due to the nature of our business, some of these incoming e-mails are ad-hoc - they are not associated with any CRM entity nor do we want them to be. We simply want to respond. There doesn't appear to be a way to do this - you must create an entity. How do other people mange this? ...

Recalling Messages sent to lotus notes
I sent an email to someone by accident who uses lotus Notes as their email program. Will the Outlook 2000 message recall feature work with messages sent to Lotus Notes or does it only work with Outlook users? Message recall doesn't work - it only works when configured with an Exchange server, and requires a very very very specific set of circumstances to run. And that means that 99% of the time it will fail. Jack kuzuian wrote: > I sent an email to someone by accident who uses lotus > Notes as their email program. Will the Outlook 2000 > message recall feature work with mes...

Adding Sent date to default new mail form
Is there any way to simply add the "Sent" time and date field to the default form being used for creating a mail message? My enduser print ouot the message before sending it from that form and she woudl like to see the sent date. Thanks ...

Rule to mark emails copied to IMAP sent-items as "read"
Hi, I am using Outlook 2003 on XP SP2, and everything works great except for one small annoyance. I am using IMAP and have a rule that automatically puts a copy of every email I send into my IMAP "sent-items" folder. However, Outlook copies these emails as unread. Is there any way to make a rule that only applies to one IMAP folder (mark all as read only on the sent-items folder)? I basically want to mark every email sent to copied to the sent-items folder as read. Any other ideas? Thanks, Jerry ...

How to get Sent message dates using VBA?
Id like to keep a Table in Access that lists all the dates on which an email was sent or received to each contact. I keep the contacts in my Access database synchronized with the Outlook Contact folder with code that runs every time the database is open - I upload all the relevant contact info (email address, etc.) and an Entity_ID (which goes in the "Department" field) to the Outlook Contacts folder. What I need is a way to pull down all the dates in "Sent" and "Received" fields in the InBox and Sent Items folder - based on the Entity_ID in the Outlook Contacts...

Sent Item not Showing Up
I'm at an office Running Office 97 and Outlook 2000. When they send at attached file from the Application, not Outlook, using Send To - Mail Recipient the message does not show up in the Sent Items bin of Outlook. There is apparently no record of it at all within my system although, obviously, the reciever knows it was sent. Is this an Office 97 problem? An Outlook 2000 problem? An interface problem or just this office's implementation. Thanks for any help. Tom Liberman tommylib@yahoo.com ...