View equations created in Word 2007

Version: 2008
Processor: intel

Greetings! I've successfully installed Office 2008 update 12.0.1 on my MacBook Pro running 10.5.2. One of the fixes that was listed in the Microsoft Knowledgebase article associated with the update was the ability to edit equations created in Word 2007 for Windows. After applying the update, I still get a warning message when opening a file created in Word 2007: "This file contains Word 2007 for Windows equations"; the document opens with placeholders (blank squares) instead of the equations. Does anyone else have this problem after applying the 12.0.1 update? Thanks.

-Jeff
0
jrmiller (4)

I don't know tht this is the fix, but have you tried repairing permissions &
restarting your Mac since applying the update?

--
HTH |:>)
Bob Jones

<jrmiller@officeformac.com> wrote in message
> Version: 2008
> Processor: intel
>
> Greetings! I've successfully installed Office 2008 update 12.0.1 on my
> MacBook Pro running 10.5.2. One of the fixes that was listed in the
> Microsoft Knowledgebase article associated with the update was the ability
> to edit equations created in Word 2007 for Windows. After applying the
> update, I still get a warning message when opening a file created in Word
> 2007: "This file contains Word 2007 for Windows equations"; the document
> opens with placeholders (blank squares) instead of the equations. Does
> anyone else have this problem after applying the 12.0.1 update? Thanks.
>
> -Jeff

0
CyberTaz
3/12/2008 4:30:32 PM
Yep - already tried permissions repair and restart. No joy.
0
jrmiller (4)
3/12/2008 5:35:27 PM
Hi,

Tried deleting the preference files? I did a clean install of Office 2008,
then did installed the update over the top, and haven't noticed the issue.

Matthew

On 13/03/08 6:35 AM, in article ee93811.1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"jrmiller@officeformac.com" <jrmiller@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Yep - already tried permissions repair and restart. No joy.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Yesterday I removed Office (using the Uninstall Office app), reinstalled and applied the 12.0.1 update. Deleting the preferences doesn't help. I tried running Word in another account that hadn't used Office before, and still have the same problem.

I only deleted preferences in my home directory; I'll have to look to see if there are some global preferences that are to blame.

When I start up Word 2007 under Vista (using Bootcamp) I can open the same document without problems. I'll have to try some other documents, just in case there's a problem with the ones I've been testing.
0
jrmiller (4)
3/13/2008 12:12:27 PM
Hi,

Could you forward me (via my email address) an example of a document with an
equation in it to see if it occurs on my machine?

Matthew

On 14/03/08 1:12 AM, in article ee93811.3@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"jrmiller@officeformac.com" <jrmiller@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the suggestion.
>
> Yesterday I removed Office (using the Uninstall Office app), reinstalled and
> applied the 12.0.1 update. Deleting the preferences doesn't help. I tried
> running Word in another account that hadn't used Office before, and still have
> the same problem.
>
> I only deleted preferences in my home directory; I'll have to look to see if
> there are some global preferences that are to blame.
>
> When I start up Word 2007 under Vista (using Bootcamp) I can open the same
> document without problems. I'll have to try some other documents, just in case
> there's a problem with the ones I've been testing.

I am having the same trouble. I actually installed Office 2008 in hopes of being able to read a student's homework in .docx format, but am still not able to read the equations. I installed Office and immediately installed the update without having opened any files or anything, so I would think that it should have worked. Do you have any suggestions?
0
AnnaMarie (1)
5/1/2008 1:34:02 PM
The only sensible suggestion is to "wait for the update".

There is a known bug with Office 2008's inability to handle equations
created in Office 2007.

There is a fix coming shortly from Microsoft (Service Release 12.1.0).  It
is in testing now, and will be released as soon as it is ready.  Don't get
confused by the number: the fix that is out now is a hot fix, 12.0.1.  It
does not address this issue.  The coming Service Release is 12.1.0 :-)

Until then, nothing you do will make it any better!

Sorry!

On 1/05/08 11:34 PM, in article ee93811.7@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"AnnaMarie@officeformac.com" <AnnaMarie@officeformac.com> wrote:

> I am having the same trouble. I actually installed Office 2008 in hopes of
> being able to read a student's homework in .docx format, but am still not able
> to read the equations. I installed Office and immediately installed the update
> without having opened any files or anything, so I would think that it should
> have worked. Do you have any suggestions?

John McGhie, Microsoft MVP, Word and Word:Mac
Sydney, Australia.   mailto:john@mcghie.name

0
john7143 (1072)

Tr again: Modifying Calendar's "reading" view in 2003
In Outlook 2003, Calendar allows me to show the event's content in a "Reading" pane at the right or bottom of the calendar. But the layout of the Reading pane wastes a lot of space. Can its layout or content be modified? No, the content can't be modified. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com...

Microsoft Money 2007 Deluxe Canadian version?
I have been looking for Microsoft Money 2007 Deluxe Canadian version and I cannot find it. Where can I get one? There isn't one. See http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/422.aspx -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "masai" <masai_chadi@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:op.tm81u5pvdvcnul@dikutoto.gv.shawcable.net... >I have been looking for Microsoft Money 2007 Deluxe Canadian version and I >ca...

Office 2007 trial is very slow. Is this because it's a trial
I just started using the trial version of Office 2007. It takes forever for it to open on my computer but Office 2003 opens just fine. Is this just because it's a trial or is it naturally slow because of the additional features? It's likely due to the expanded feature set and increased hardware requirement over Office 2003. rtappan wrote: > I just started using the trial version of Office 2007. It takes forever for > it to open on my computer but Office 2003 opens just fine. Is this just > because it's a trial or is it naturally slow because of the ad...

Can't edit print styles in Outlook 2007

Creating a template using Publisher

Send from Word
When I hit the send button in Word or Excell I get a pop up that say choose profile with Outlook in the drop down. That is the only name in the drop down. If I hit OK I get the following Message. The MAPI Spooler could not be started. Close and then restartall mail-enabled applications.MAPI 103 (0000004C7) If I choose to set up a new profile I get a Microsoft Exchange Setup Wizard. As I try to setup a new profile I come to the following, The following unrecoverable error has occured: The .DLL file for this service is either damaged or could not be found. Any ideas? Doug, What versi...

Embedding worksheet into Word
Has anyone had the experience where when they embed a worksheet into Microsoft Word, a portion of the worksheet gets cut off? Is there an easy fix to this? ...

Office 2007 SP2
Has anyone else lost the little check box which is usually found next to each task in the task list in Outlook today? I'm assuming it's a bug? C. "Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell" <seegod1@cogeco.ca> wrote in message news:ejYOAzcyJHA.4632@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Has anyone else lost the little check box which is usually found next to > each task in the task list in Outlook today? I'm assuming it's a bug? > Nope - still there... -- Asking a question? Please tell us the version of the application you are asking about, your OS, Service Pack level...

Unable to repy using word editor
When repyling to an e-mail I receive the following message, "This form requires Word as your e-mail editor, but Word is either busy, or cannot be found. The form will be opened in the Outlook editor instead". I found article 284900, that states you may get this message when you have office 2000 and office xp installed on the same computer. This is not the case on my computer, Office 2000 does not exist, only office xp. Can anyone help me? There appear to be a whole host of causes for this error message. Most have no solution. Here are a few that do: http://support.microsoft...

web preview not same as publisher view
Reading past postings it appears others too are having serious problems with Web preview in both 2002 and 2003. I think the problem is that text handling within text boxes in normal Publisher view simply does not reflect that as seen in Web Preview (currently Explorer 6) On a totally blank (wide setting) webpage, using standard Times New Roman 12pont (no italic underline or bold) I typed six lines of Mary had a little lamb into a 3.85x3.029cm text box with all margins set to 00. I outlined the box with a 1/4pt line Whereas the text just fitted into the box in Publisher view, in Web ...

Creating a worksheet in Spanish
Hello, Is there a way to create a worksheet on MS XP Pro running Office 2003 Pro all in Spanish? Thank You Kent Hansen Hi Kent All valid formulas -except the ones from the Analysis Toolpack- will automatically translate to the language of the Excel it's opened in. So any spanish speaking Excel will translate formulas to spanish, no matter which version it was written in. The rest, text constants and such, has to be typed or pasted. Excel will not translate this herself. HTH. Best wishes Harald "Kent" <Kent@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:ACCCBA3A-53B4...

compound if equation?
Howdee all. Hope everyone's afternoon, evening, etc... are going well. I have a dual worksheet function that requires something more compound that I've used before. Thus far, I've tried using an if equation, that looks through a dataset with a sumproduct, and if the dataset matches, I perform one equation, and if not, another. E.g., =IF(SUMPRODUCT((APN!$E$4:$E$95&""=$A11&"")*(APN!$F$4:$F$95=$C11)*(APN!$B$4:$B$95))<>0,SUMPRODUCT((APN!$E$4:$E$95&""=$A11&"")*(APN!$F$4:$F$95=$C11)*(APN!$B$4:$B$95))/TRIM(LEFT...

Outlook 2007: is there a way to use it as a Diary
I'd like to keep a daily journal of important notes, etc. In other words , I would like to keep a Diary. Does Outlook 2007 have this capability? TIA Sure - Ctrl+8 to view the journal or you can create a Mail and Post folder type and post to it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH...

Upgrade Path from DPM 2007 to DPM 2010
Is there going to be an upgrade path from DPM 2007 to 2010? Yes. Look at the following DPM 2010 documentation: https://connect.microsoft.com/Downloads/DownloadDetails.aspx?SiteID=840&DownloadID=22070 "DPM supports upgrading from DPM 2007 SP1 on a Windows Server 2008 x64-bit operating system to DPM 2010. If DPM 2007 SP1 is installed on a Windows Server 2003 x64-bit operating system, you must upgrade to Windows Server 2008 before upgrading to DPM 2010". Also, here are my notes on DPM 2007 to DPM 2010 upgrade: http://santhoshsivarajan.blogspot.com/2009/09/dpm-2007-t...

Unread mail not showing up in Inbox
Hi, My Unread folder in located the "Favorite Folders" section in Outlook shows that I have more unread mail than I can see in my Inbox. My Inbox is normally sorted by "Received" so I can see the most recent emails as then arrive. If I change it so that it is sorted by the "From" column, I can see all the emails in the Inbox that are appearing in the Unread folder. It is strange that they don't appear using "Received" though. Emails that fall under any rules are not affected by this so rules are irrelevant in this case I suppose. Also, some additio...

Exchange 2007 Mailbox Folder information not updating
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange I am using Entourage 2008 Web Services Edition in an Exchange 2007 SP1 UR4 environment. I have only been using the Web Services Edition for about a week and prior to that I was using the regular Entourage 2008 client for four months. In any case, the problem I am about to describe occurs in both versions of Entourage 2008. <br><br>Recently my employer's executive group decided to implement Managed Folder Policies to assist in controlling mailbox size. I was the first to...