View equations created in Word 2007

Version: 2008
Processor: intel

Greetings! I've successfully installed Office 2008 update 12.0.1 on my MacBook Pro running 10.5.2. One of the fixes that was listed in the Microsoft Knowledgebase article associated with the update was the ability to edit equations created in Word 2007 for Windows. After applying the update, I still get a warning message when opening a file created in Word 2007: "This file contains Word 2007 for Windows equations"; the document opens with placeholders (blank squares) instead of the equations. Does anyone else have this problem after applying the 12.0.1 update? Thanks.

-Jeff
0
jrmiller (4)

I don't know tht this is the fix, but have you tried repairing permissions &
restarting your Mac since applying the update?

--
HTH |:>)
Bob Jones

<jrmiller@officeformac.com> wrote in message
> Version: 2008
> Processor: intel
>
> Greetings! I've successfully installed Office 2008 update 12.0.1 on my
> MacBook Pro running 10.5.2. One of the fixes that was listed in the
> Microsoft Knowledgebase article associated with the update was the ability
> to edit equations created in Word 2007 for Windows. After applying the
> update, I still get a warning message when opening a file created in Word
> 2007: "This file contains Word 2007 for Windows equations"; the document
> opens with placeholders (blank squares) instead of the equations. Does
> anyone else have this problem after applying the 12.0.1 update? Thanks.
>
> -Jeff

0
CyberTaz
3/12/2008 4:30:32 PM
Yep - already tried permissions repair and restart. No joy.
0
jrmiller (4)
3/12/2008 5:35:27 PM
Hi,

Tried deleting the preference files? I did a clean install of Office 2008,
then did installed the update over the top, and haven't noticed the issue.

Matthew

On 13/03/08 6:35 AM, in article ee93811.1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"jrmiller@officeformac.com" <jrmiller@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Yep - already tried permissions repair and restart. No joy.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Yesterday I removed Office (using the Uninstall Office app), reinstalled and applied the 12.0.1 update. Deleting the preferences doesn't help. I tried running Word in another account that hadn't used Office before, and still have the same problem.

I only deleted preferences in my home directory; I'll have to look to see if there are some global preferences that are to blame.

When I start up Word 2007 under Vista (using Bootcamp) I can open the same document without problems. I'll have to try some other documents, just in case there's a problem with the ones I've been testing.
0
jrmiller (4)
3/13/2008 12:12:27 PM
Hi,

Could you forward me (via my email address) an example of a document with an
equation in it to see if it occurs on my machine?

Matthew

On 14/03/08 1:12 AM, in article ee93811.3@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"jrmiller@officeformac.com" <jrmiller@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the suggestion.
>
> Yesterday I removed Office (using the Uninstall Office app), reinstalled and
> applied the 12.0.1 update. Deleting the preferences doesn't help. I tried
> running Word in another account that hadn't used Office before, and still have
> the same problem.
>
> I only deleted preferences in my home directory; I'll have to look to see if
> there are some global preferences that are to blame.
>
> When I start up Word 2007 under Vista (using Bootcamp) I can open the same
> document without problems. I'll have to try some other documents, just in case
> there's a problem with the ones I've been testing.

I am having the same trouble. I actually installed Office 2008 in hopes of being able to read a student's homework in .docx format, but am still not able to read the equations. I installed Office and immediately installed the update without having opened any files or anything, so I would think that it should have worked. Do you have any suggestions?
0
AnnaMarie (1)
5/1/2008 1:34:02 PM
The only sensible suggestion is to "wait for the update".

There is a known bug with Office 2008's inability to handle equations
created in Office 2007.

There is a fix coming shortly from Microsoft (Service Release 12.1.0).  It
is in testing now, and will be released as soon as it is ready.  Don't get
confused by the number: the fix that is out now is a hot fix, 12.0.1.  It
does not address this issue.  The coming Service Release is 12.1.0 :-)

Until then, nothing you do will make it any better!

Sorry!

On 1/05/08 11:34 PM, in article ee93811.7@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"AnnaMarie@officeformac.com" <AnnaMarie@officeformac.com> wrote:

> I am having the same trouble. I actually installed Office 2008 in hopes of
> being able to read a student's homework in .docx format, but am still not able
> to read the equations. I installed Office and immediately installed the update
> without having opened any files or anything, so I would think that it should
> have worked. Do you have any suggestions?

John McGhie, Microsoft MVP, Word and Word:Mac
Sydney, Australia.   mailto:john@mcghie.name

0
john7143 (1072)

Excel 2007 and XML with inline schema
Hi. I have XML data that I want to be more user-friendly when its opened in excel. The user can create a web Query which will return the xml to them - ( pointing to the URL with the XML information)- and they can refresh the query each time they open the document in excel. Unfortunately- they have to format the data in excel manually. I wanted to associate an inline schema with the data to format the date cells, number cells etc. but the schema is not recognised in Excel. I have been just trying to get excel to recognise an inline schema- is this possible in the Excel? Any information regardi...

Create an Address List Based on Group Membership of Users
Hello, I'm trying to do what is described in Knowledge Base Article - 321723; however, in step 5a I don't have the Group Membership option to click on. Any other ideas as to how to go about creating address lists based on group membership of users? Hmmh, I'm not sure why it doesn't show up in yours but you could also create a custom ldap filter to do the same thing. In this example that I created for someone else, we return a list of all users, groups, public, folders, contacts that do not have a mailnickname beginning with dallas. See article 255602 for more on ldap ...

Office Outlook 2007
In Task section, when you click on your client and add photos of their purchases, they just show as generic icons. Is it possible to make them show as real thumbnails? Annoys me a lot being an artist. You are in the wrong newsgroup Try here: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.outlook.general&cat=en_US_db03bd1f-73aa-41e1-abfd-27a6e3c352e5&lang=en&cr=US -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Marice" <Marice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E96D9300-619C-43C2-8503-17C12A2883CB@microsoft.com... ...

Missing scrolls bars in web pages created with FP
http://www.bglawns.com/directions_pinewood.htm For some reason this page opens in a new window when linked to from my site, which is fine, but now there are no scroll bars either eek! Also on the into page: http://www.bglawns.com/eahorc_main.htm and the main page: http://www.bglawns.com/eahorc.htm The scroll bars are now red, should be blue. Help? Regds - Deane In line "EAHORC" <EAHORC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E612EBDB-301F-4F2C-896A-7C012B6D607F@microsoft.com... > http://www.bglawns.com/directions_pinewood.htm > ...

Embedded Word Document
Hi, I have got an excel sheet with an embedded word document within it. I have a problem when it comes to printing out the sheet. If the user has type information into the embedded word document and it has gone over two or more pages, only the first page gets printed. Is there a way to get the others printed out? Thanks for any help. pG -- purplegerbil ------------------------------------------------------------------------ purplegerbil's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28461 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=4...

folder browsing
vb.net I want to use a system dialog to return the path to a folder the user selects. I need the ability set the default folder and create a folder too. It would also be helpful from a less clicks stand point if the default folder could be expanded so the user doesn't have to. I found FolderBrowserDialog which does what I want except for a few things. It does not expand the default folder which is a problem because if the user creates a folder, a new folder is created named "New Folder" beneath the default folder but since the default folder is collapsed, the ...

Create Second Page in Access2003 with Different Orientation (Portr
How do I create a second page in an Access2003 Report where the second page has a different orientation. The first page is in landscape and the second needs to be in portrait so that the mailing address is viewable for Windows envelopes. We tried to add a second page but it messed up the calculations and orientation of the from the first page. Any suggestions would be appreciated? Thank you, Mirsa With WindowsXP ...

Outlook 2003 Group View
Outlook 2003 currently groups by the day. Is there any way to set up group by the week instead of the day. Any advice would be appreciated. "Jerry" <Jerry@nospam.com> wrote in message news:Xns9B8E80E2D9C6Ajonseynospamherecom@216.196.97.131... > Outlook 2003 currently groups by the day. Is there any way to set up > group > by the week instead of the day. I don't think that's possible. The "Group By Date" filter will show you "Last Week", "Two Weeks Ago", "Three Weeks Ago", and "Last Month" as well as ...

Can I Make Calendar Overlay my Default View?
I have my personal calendar and a shared public calendar. I have found how to go to the calendar shortcut, select the two calendars, and then overlay them. However, if I go to the folder view that overlay view goes away. Also, if I restart Outlook, I have to go through all of the work to reset that view up again. I found the "save calendar choice" freeware application mentioned in this forum elsewhere but this did not seem to really do the trick. For one thing, it only saves the view choice as side-by-side. Really, what I want to do is save my default calendar view to always sho...

Copy a word doc to excel and hyperlink data between the 2.
I have a chart on an excel document and a long word document explaining the data in the chart. I would like to place the word document under the chart in excel. Then I would like to hyperlink the data from the chart to specific places in the word document. Help.....I have been trying to figure it out for days. Thank you. ...

Word found no merge fields in your main document.
I have been having good luck with mail merge but have suddenly encountered problem merging Excel data into a word document. All goes well until I elect Entire worksheet. It is at this point, an error? window opens with this message: Word found no merge fields in your main document. Choose the edit main Document butto to insert merge fields into your main document As this may be more a Word problem, I will post in both areas. Here is additional information. I have Office 2000 and XP. Recently working with this same database I created a phone directory. It turns out the data was old and I have...

Excel 2007 convert into tab delimeter text file with extra tab spa
Hi , Sub: I have excel 2007 trying to save as tab delimeted text file having an issue. I have saved my excel 2007 as separate Tab delimited Text files. I see extra tabs stored in the tab delimited text files. But when I do the same with excel 2003 it works fine there is not extra tabs stored in my tab delimited text file. My excel 2007 conveted to tab delimited text file looks like as shown below(Extra two tabs at the end of the each record). Data0<Tab>data1<Tab><Tab> Data2<Tab>data3<Tab><Tab> Appreciate your help in advance. Rega...

Word cannot complete the save due to a file permission error
Hi there, One of my corporate users is experiencing an odd issue producing an error message when attempting to save a Word 2007 document. 1. User has the pre-existing (not new) document open and clicks the save button. 2. In what seems to be a random occurrence, the document will bring up a "Save As" dialog box asking him where to save, as if Word forgot where the document is already saved! Odd thing is, it shows the proper location where the file already exists. 3. User will choose the same location and replace the file. Sometimes it will overwrite and save prope...

Bug Report
On Mac ----------- Construct linear plot in Excel including: 1. Title 2. X-axis label 3. Y-axis label Copy and Paste into Word Save and send to PC On PC ---------- Open file in Word Notice Y-axis label is gone I'm a Biochemistry student who uses Excel to do lots of number crunching. I use a 1.25G Powerbook G4 with OS X 10.4.3 and the newest version of Office. I copy plots from Excel to Word often when writing reports without any problems. Recently, I've began submitting reports electronically via email and my professor uses a PC. When he opens my files, Y-axis labels are mis...

how to use RichInk control for Mobile word
Hi all, I am trying to view the word documents in Pocket PC. I got some MFC code in the following link. http://www.pocketpcdn.com/articles/word_embed.html It is doing well for reading Pocket PC 2003 word document (.psw). I tried this to read Mobile word ( Word document for WM 5.0).It showing some same invalid data for any input. If anybody has idea on it please help me.. Thank you, Supriya. ...

Cannot view email
HI, I'm running outlook 2000 on windows 98se,we also have exchange server running from another server. I cannot open any email that I have received or sent. I have uninstalled and Reinstalled outlook 2000. I have stopped all services in the backround that I could. Everytime i double click to view(open) email the hourglass comes up and outlook freezes. What can I do next ,Gates ...

Excel saved as Word
A colleague opened a spreadsheet in Word, made changes and saved it. Now it cannot be opened in Excel and only the first Worksheet is available. Anyone dealt with this? Thanks! > Anyone dealt with this? Yup - killed the colleague. Not much you can do unless you have a backup. In article <976401c3ea61$1d23f950$a601280a@phx.gbl>, "Dean" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > A colleague opened a spreadsheet in Word, made changes and > saved it. Now it cannot be opened in Excel and only the > first Worksheet is available. Anyone dealt with th...

Outlook 2007 long delay when attaching a file
Hi group, I have a long delay (about a minute) when attaching a file. Outlook freezes for a minute before Browse for a file dialog appears. Configuration: Windows 7 x64 BitLocker is enabled Domain joined computer Outlook 2007 SP2 Outlook uses Exchange Server 2007 Any ideas? BR, Mindaugas Do you have mapped drives? That will add a delay. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.ne...

Desktop Search & Outlook 2007
Windows XP Pro all updates applied. Office 2007. Is there a way to have the Desktop Search installed and not have it taking up space on the Task Bar? if you mean that window on the left side yes, right click the task bar and I think you can turn it off from the toolbars menu. The little icon on the right will remain running and you can use that to open the search Bill "Chuck Davis" <newsgroup at anthemwebs dot com> wrote in message news:eM2cGQ$SHHA.1228@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Windows XP Pro all updates applied. Office 2007. Is there a way to have > the Desk...

Pasting an excel worksheet into word
How do I rotate an Excel worksheet 90 degrees when pasting it into a Word file? Hi one workaround: - copy the data in Excel - insert the data as PICTURE within MS Word ('Edit - Paste Special') - use the 'Draw' toolbar to rotate this picture Note: The data is not updated within this picture if you change the Excel file. -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Rix wrote: > How do I rotate an Excel worksheet 90 degrees when pasting it into a > Word file? Frank When I do this the rotate buttons are greyed out and I can't use them. Hi I just tried it (with Excel...

Set Form height at Runtime Access 2007 Runtime
I want a fixed number of records in my detail section no matter the size of the window. I put: Form.Section(acFooter).Height = Me.InsideHeight - (Form.Section(acHeader).Height + numrows * Form.Section(acDetail).Height) in my load event code. It works great when I am running the development code, but when I run it in runtime the detail height is at the default height. Any ideas? Thanks OK --- more information ---- When I put a ribbon on the form all is well. How can I figure out if there is a ribbon displayed while in runtime? In a .accdb file there is always a ...

Word Viewer ???? when open word doc from Outlook
I am new to Outlook 2003. When I launch a word doc from a attachment it seems to open in some strange word Viewer, I do not want this. How can I turn it off? Thanks, Daniel This is a Word option not Outlook. In word; Tools-> Options-> tab Genereal-> Allow starting in Reading Layout -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Setting Permissions on a Mailbox -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Daniel Jeffrey" <daniel@enpri...

Outlook 2007 help problem

Outlook 2003 :: Views :: Automatic Formatting
Hello all. I have two questions about views. Hope you can help me. 1. How to higlight messages from the certain domain? In the dialog "Automatic Formatting" I can define condition to check From field (for example, "where From field contains @microsoft.com"). But the view checks only sender's name (not e-mail). However, I can filter by e-mail using From field in the rule (Rules and Alerts). What are the differences? Because of internal interfaces, I guess. Rule can access to "source data" but view can access to "prepared- to-view data" only. I could ...

Keep 'total' in view
I would like to keep the running total in view. As you enter numbers, you needn't scroll to the end to see the answer. Is that possible? E-mail amanda@pnecorp.com if you can help. Much appreciated. You could split the screen (Window>Split) and display the totals in the bottom pane. ~Amanda~ wrote: > I would like to keep the running total in view. As you enter numbers, you > needn't scroll to the end to see the answer. Is that possible? E-mail > amanda@pnecorp.com if you can help. Much appreciated. -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www...