VBA Macro Error - even If I don=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=B4?=t use it

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
Processor: Power PC

Hello,

I�m running in a pretty bad problem: If I write in MSOffice 2008 a number followed by a letter like "5a" on a new line I get an error "This command is not available in this Version of Microsoft Word"

It seems that word want�s to make a lookup for a VBA script - which is not supported anymore, so in panic they write the message on the screen. But instead I really want to write only 5a. Is there a button to switch of those interpretations? It was not an issue with 2004 and not on windows.

Any idea?

Thanks
0
wolfi (4)

"MSOffice 2008" is a suite of 4 primary programs. In which one(s) is this
happening? I'm assuming Word based on the error message, but I've tried it
in both Word & Excel without being able to reproduce what you're describing.

Please give complete details including exact version number, which program &
whether this happens in one specific document, new documents, all documents,
plus any other facts which might be useful.

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 7/2/08 5:51 AM, in article 59b52f66.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"wolfi@officeformac.com" <wolfi@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: 2008
> Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
> Processor: Power PC
>
> Hello,
>
> I�m running in a pretty bad problem: If I write in MSOffice 2008 a number
> followed by a letter like "5a" on a new line I get an error "This command is
> not available in this Version of Microsoft Word"
>
> It seems that word want�s to make a lookup for a VBA script - which is not
> supported anymore, so in panic they write the message on the screen. But
> instead I really want to write only 5a. Is there a button to switch of those
> interpretations? It was not an issue with 2004 and not on windows.
>
> Any idea?
>
> Thanks

> "MSOffice 2008" is a suite of 4 primary programs. In which one(s) is this
> happening? I'm assuming Word based on the error message, but I've tried it
> in both Word & Excel without being able to reproduce what you're describing.
>
> Please give complete details including exact version number, which program &
> whether this happens in one specific document, new documents, all documents,
> plus any other facts which might be useful.
>
> Regards |:>)
> Bob Jones
> [MVP] Office:Mac
>

> On 7/2/08 5:51 AM, in article 59b52f66.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
> "wolfi@officeformac.com" wrote:
>
> > Version: 2008
> > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
> > Processor: Power PC
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I&#65533;m running in a pretty bad problem: If I write in MSOffice 2008 a number
> > followed by a letter like "5a" on a new line I get an error "This command is
> > not available in this Version of Microsoft Word"
> >
> > It seems that word want&#65533;s to make a lookup for a VBA script - which is not
> > supported anymore, so in panic they write the message on the screen. But
> > instead I really want to write only 5a. Is there a button to switch of those
> > interpretations? It was not an issue with 2004 and not on windows.
> >
> > Any idea?
> >
> > Thanks

Sorry for beeing not so exact: it happens in Word, I use 12.1.0 (build 80409) eg I type 1234a
then the error window comes up. It happens in a new document and in old ones, I use standard MS templates, no real customization

Wolfram
0
wolfi (4)
7/2/2008 12:37:26 PM
wolfi@officeformac.com wrote:
> Sorry for beeing not so exact: it happens in Word, I use 12.1.0 (build 80409) eg I type 1234a
> then the error window comes up. It happens in a new document and in old ones, I use standard MS templates, no real customization
>
> Wolfram

I have a vague memory of a similar bug with the German version.... What
language are your menus in?
0
daiyaNOSPAM (1173)
7/2/2008 1:44:14 PM
I have a Mac running on a german version running on 10.4.11, but the offic version is an english version

Wolfi
0
wolfi (4)
7/2/2008 2:06:38 PM
Huh. Are you typing in German when this happens?  Does it still happen
if you change the language tagging in use via Tools | Language?

Also, can you uncheck the top-level "automatically correct...." box in
Tools | AutoCorrect, and see if it still happens?  You probably need to
uncheck the box twice, one for each test language.

wolfi@officeformac.com wrote:
> I have a Mac running on a german version running on 10.4.11, but the offic version is an english version
>
> Wolfi

0
daiyaNOSPAM (1173)
7/2/2008 2:15:50 PM
5a or something isn�t german at all, but your answer leaded me to the autocorrect thing, I switched it off and ... it works !
So there is a bug in the autocorrect, but who cares.

Many many thanks !
Wolfi
0
wolfi (4)
7/2/2008 2:46:38 PM
Okay, glad you are sorted.

If you find that you want back AutoCorrect--that top-level box is the
main switch--it may be possible to narrow the problem down to one of the
subordinate settings and only turn that one off.

In addition, cmd-z directly after an AutoCorrection will Undo it.

wolfi@officeformac.com wrote:
> 5a or something isn´t german at all, but your answer leaded me to the autocorrect thing, I switched it off and ... it works !
> So there is a bug in the autocorrect, but who cares.
>
> Many many thanks !
> Wolfi

0
daiyaNOSPAM (1173)

Using Relative path for XML data file?

Break Even Point
Hello, Is there a formula to calculate a break even point? Scenario: Rate ranges are 500 lbs at $10, 1000 lbs @ $5, 2000 lbs @ $2.5, etc. Eg: Shipper has load that weighs 990 lbs. What is the break even point to move the load forward into the next cheaper range. Hope that makes sense. Any help appreciated. "Break even" generally implies two opposing trends. Where they meet is the 'break even' point. You have supplied only one 'trend'. Can you expand on the problem? best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove...

Document Viewer installer error

using the journal on outlook

CSV Files and VLOOKUP error

Over Time Pay rate 1.51?

I need a macro

Error 550 Relaying denied

formula or VBA
I need to search through a column checking condtions. If the conditions are met, then I want to enter the corresponding value in the column next to it into a different cell. Basically, I want to search column A and, if the conditions are met, put the value in B into C. Would this be easier via formula or code? And maybe some starting suggestions would be nice if you don't mind. -- Thanks, Jim in a formula in col b =if(cond,a1,"") using vba for each c in range("a1:a100") if cond then c.offset(0,1)=c next -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "...

Does Outlook use the DAV protocol?

Excel VBA

Rule won't work
Outlook 2007 I have set up a rule to do the following; When I send or receive a message from a specific contact, play a sound, display in new item alert window, flag for follow up and move to a specific folder. But it is not doing anything. Do I need to change something else? What type of email account? Do other rules work? Does it work if you use any one action? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.out...

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook

Error 130