Vanishing Entourage Message Text

OK, so here's a good one.  On the MacBook Pro, running latest OS and up
to date Office 2004, some email messages display no text.

Toggling the "display complex HTML" does not resolve this.

If I get the same message forwarded through another user, it often
displays properly.

Suggestions?

Dan

Hi Dan,

are you by any chance connected to an Exchange 2003 server? If yes,
Microsoft released a patch a week or two ago which introduced a bug in OWA.
They are aware of the problem and working on a fix.

If that does not explain your problem, you'll have to post back and be more
specific: what kind of email account? What do these messages have in common?
etc., basically anything that you might consider important.

On 19.05.06 17:26, in article
1148055961.250490.97990@g10g2000cwb.googlegroups.com, "mrspeakers@yahoo.com"

--
Michel Bintener
Microsoft MVP

***Always reply to the newsgroup.***

0
m.bintener (18)
5/19/2006 6:02:17 PM
We do run Exchange 2003.  What is the patch in question, and when did
it come out?

The account in question is my Exchange account.  The pages appear to be
plain text.  I can see the text when I view the same message in
Firefox, so this feels to me like it may be an Entourage bug/problem.

Dan

You can find more details in the following thread in the Entourage
newsgroup: <http://tinyurl.com/rutaq> (the entire Google Groups URL would
have been larger than one line and would most likely have been broken
because of that, so I used the TinyURL version for this instead.)

On 19.05.06 19:55, in article
1148064954.547511.212210@g10g2000cwb.googlegroups.com,

--
Michel Bintener
Microsoft MVP
Office:Mac (Entourage & Word)

***Always reply to the newsgroup.***

0
m.bintener (18)
5/19/2006 7:55:26 PM
That looks like the problem, we'll check it out.  Thanks, Michel.

Message Rules are getting added but not applied
I have recently switched to Outlook 2007 from Windows-Mail (WM). One of my beefs is, adding/creating message rules seems much more complicated in Outlook than in WM. For example, I don't understand things like "Stop processing more rules" whose check-box gets automatically checked when I check the "Permanently delete it" check-box. But the BIG problem I'm having right now is that I'm creating rules okay (and can see they've been added when I list them via Message Rules), but they're not getting applied some if not all of the time - email...

how to increase mail box to receive large messages using outlook ?
I am having messages bounced saying mail box not large enough -- how do I fix this ?? Thanks Chris speak to your email admin - if they are messages you send, speak to the recipient so they can ask their admin. (but don;t hold your breath that you'll get it increased) -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Jo...

Entourage goes into spinning-wheel from time to time while using

Prblm w/ photos ninserted in MS Word text box
I'm running Word 2004 on a Mac G5 running OS 10.4. When inserting a photo in a text box in a Word doc, some of the Picture Effects are not active.I want to add a shadow around the edge. When I click on the picture, the Picture Formatting Pallette opens, but the Shadow effect, next to "Effects" in the second row down is not active. What's going on? Mike in Atlanta On 12/20/05 5:35 PM, in article 1135118110.792146.154940@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com, "Mike in ATL" <mike.ventura@comcast.net> wrote: > I'm running Word 2004 on a Mac G5 running OS 10.4....

Can two or more functions run in one cell? I need to count text survey data..
I have thirteen different surveys with multiple questions. Three of the Q's are the same for each survey. I need to bring the answers from the 3Q's together in one table and then provide one overall graph. PLAN: I created 15 worksheets, one for the graph, one for the overall data summary, and 13 extras (one for each set of exported/imported survey data.) The survey application allows me to extract the results in text form, yet I need numbers for the totals & graphs. On the summary sheet for SUP Table in a cell by row Q1 and column A1 (answer 1) I'd like to count the numbe...

Adjust Row Height for Text
I am working on a worksheet, and I have a row that contains text that I want to restrain in length so the text automatically wraps around and starts a new line within the row. I've tried "help" in Encel, but I can't figure how to do this. I want a wrap around in the row, because I don't want the text to exceed the limits of the paper when the worksheet is printed out. Any help would be appreciated. Pedro -- To contact me directly by email, please remove the words "NO" and "SPAM" from the reply address above. Alt click on the cell you want...

Text box displaying columns from a combo box
I'm using text boxes to display the column data from a combo box. Trouble is when I move to another record or close the form and ome back in, those results are not displayed anymore and I have to reslect the values in the combo boxes to fill in the text boxes. Is there a way to lock the results to the text box for each record? TIA -- Don, Sydney Australia Don, I take it that you have a combo bound to a field in your table. When the combo is dropped down, you see several columns, but when it's not dropped down you can see only one. Therefore you have added some other text boxe...

Mail Message window position
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop When opening a mail message it positions itself in the upper left corner of my monitor. Can this be set to a new default postion? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_005E_01CA93E5.598E43D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable What Entourage update you have on your Mac? Entourage --> about = Entourage. <19ertim@officeformac.com> wrote in message = news:59bb0bde.-1@webcrossing....

Where does entourage save email?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: imap Hello, I'm new to the forum but have recently experienced some issues with Entourage. My Sent Items were mysteriously deleted yesterday. When I started poking around, and did a search for some email using Spotlight, I found an email message then hit &quot;Get Info&quot; and saw that all my email are located in Users/***/Library/Caches/Entourage/2008/Main Identity/Messages/. I don't know if this is just the way it is, of if I need to do something, but thought I should see if anyon...

toolbar is not getting resized while adding and removing text to buttons of toolbar
hai all, i actually created three Image lists and added bitmap array to each of them then added to toolbar as shown below-> m_wndToolBar .GetToolBarCtrl().SetImageList ( &m_ImageListToolbar ) ; wndToolBar .GetToolBarCtrl() .SetDisabledImageList ( &m_ImageListDisabledToolbar ) ; m_wndToolBar .GetToolBarCtrl() .SetHotImageList ( &m_ImageListRolloverToolbar ) ; now i was asked to remove are add text to buttons of toolbar depending on the option which is placed as a check box in the dialog. i am invoking that dialog from CWinApp derived class. for that i...

Winmail.dat message When Attachments
The problem is that when I send attachments (at least to people who are not using Outlook), instead of receiving them, they get a file named winmail.dat, which leads them nowhere. I know this usually happens when you send text in RTF or Word to those who cannot recognize it. However, I always send my mail as Plain Text, which is the standard solution that Microsoft gives for resolving the problem. I'm using Office and Outlook 2000 (IMO, 9.0.0.2711) on Win98. I can get around the problem by zipping the attachments, but that is a nuisance for me and the recipient. In looking at some of th...

Where is the text strikethrough command in Publisher?
Please use this space to be courteous. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher You lost in this white space somewhere! ...

Need a simple macro that will import any one of a number of text files in a folder
I'm having problems coming up with a macro that will allow me to import a text file of choice from my default file location that I have set up with Excel which contains several text files. I want the macro to open a "Open" file dialog window where I can then choose the text file of choice. I also need it to open the file as delimited, starting at row 23 and with the tab selected as the only delimiter. Please help... thanks, steve Steve I have been using the following for several years to obtain a spreadsheet from a .csv file downloaded from a bank. You will need to add the...

ow to create comparison chart using text as value data?
lplease help me. I am trying to set up a comparison chart of 3 computers cost and features! I cannot figure out how to use the features as values on the x or y axis says data range is to complex so cant select rows or columns. I am trying to enter the features as my source data too bungled dont know what to do term project is now overdue and I am stressing out!~ Dont want to fail. please help me!do i have to redo the whole chart or what any suggestions and demonstration would be deeply appreciated. thanks, Dee Johnson The first thing you need to do is think how the chart should look. Wh...

Bypassing ENABLE/DISABLE MACROS message
Hi, Is there a way to bypass the "Disable/Enable Macros" message that pops up when you open a workbook? Can we write something in the WORKBOOK_OPEN event to bypass this? For my workbook, users always have to select ENABLE, and I would like to make it the default and bypass the message. (Save one click for the user). Thanks. No you can't do that. You can either set the security level to low, or digitally sign the code. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Excel4u" <Excel4u@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Error message in Outlook 2007 AND Shutdown error in Outlook
I USED to have Microsoft Access Outlook Add-in for Data Collection and Publishing installed and functioning (and the Inbox still has a a subfolder named Access Data Collection Replies). For some unknown reason, that add-in is no longer functioning correctly and does not send/receive data as it used to and I can't find where to get the program to re-install it. The problem is two-fold - first, anytime I now select any email message to read, I receive an error message titled 'Custom UI Runtime Error in Microsoft Access Outlook Add-in for Data Collection and Publishing&#...

Changing text "A" to a number?
In cell A1 I have the either Letter a, b or c. I would like to give them a numerical value of 1, 2 and 3 in the adjacent cell. Can someone post or point me to the formula? Thanks Try this: =3DCODE(LOWER(A1))-96 Then copy down. Hope this helps. Pete On Apr 11, 5:15=A0pm, Larry <Yak...@gmail.com> wrote: > In cell A1 I have the either Letter a, b or c. > I would like to give them a numerical value of 1, 2 and 3 in the > adjacent cell. > Can someone post or point me to the formula? > Thanks One way: = CODE(UPPER(A1)) - 64 another: =MATCH(A1,{"a","...

Blank text in Sent Messages
When I compose a New message in MS Office Outlook 2003 or Reply to a message after I have Sent the message, I review my Sent Items folder and there is no message in the forwarded message and No Text in the New message, only address information and Subject information. It is as if any outgoing message content gets deleted. I cannot find the proper setting and I have shut down and restarted my pc several times. Please Help! ...

Handling messages in CMDIFrameWnd derived class
Hello, Once again, I'm stuck in a simple thing.. I'm creating a class derived from CMDIFrameWnd to implement common features to some projects we're working on. I created a class derived from CMDIFrameWnd, that should handle some registered messages. It goes something like this: /****************/ class CMyFrameWnd : public CMDIFrameWnd { DECLARE_DYNCREATE(CBugMDIFrameWnd) protected: afx_msg LRESULT OnMyRegMessage(WPARAM wParam, LPARAM lParam); DECLARE_MESSAGE_MAP() }; IMPLEMENT_DYNCREATE(CMyFrameWnd, CMDIFrameWnd) BEGIN_MESSAGE_MAP(CMyFrameWnd, CMDIFrameWnd) ON_REGIST...

GP9 Error message
Hi While starting the particular company in GP9 we are getting this error message Unhandled user exception in Cash Flow Management. Failed to save CFM product version information. ExceptionClass:22000 ExceptionSubClass:0 Waiting for anyone's help Thanks in advance Nizham It sounds like the installation of Cash Flow Mgmt wasn't complete, or that rights were not granted on the tables. Take a look at the DYNAMICS database to see if the following tables are present: EBSKEYS POA40001 POA40002 If these tables are not present, please contact your VAR or Microsoft for further ass...

the messaging interface has encountered unknown error
when trying to create a new message, new pane won't open i receive "the messaging interface has encountered unknow error. If problem persists restart Outlook." So I restart outlook, no success, so I reboot pc and restart outlook...still no success, How can I create new mail? Teresa Ruble;117999 Wrote: > when trying to create a new message, new pane won't open i receive "the > messaging interface has encountered unknow error. If problem persists > restart > Outlook." So I restart outlook, no success, so I reboot pc and > restart >...

Message handling?
d:\kfrax\mainfrm.cpp(30): error C2440: 'static_cast' : cannot convert from 'void (__thiscall CMainFrame::* )(HDROP)' to 'LRESULT (__thiscall CWnd::* )(WPARAM,LPARAM)' Is the error i get in line: ON_MESSAGE(WM_DROPFILES,OnDropFiles) am i doing something wrong? Thanks, Tom R. use ON_WM_DROPFILES instead of ON_MESSAGE. This message has a pre-defined interpretation of the parameters, whereas ON_MESSAGE is expecting it to be a generic message callback with raw parameters. "Thomas Rybka" <rybka4@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eoCX41gWEHA.3988@tk2ms...

Export messages to previos version of Outlook
I saved a folder of 44 emails to a pst file in Outlook 2003. When I tried to import this to a computer with Outlook 2002 it gave me an error message. Did I do something wrong or is there another way to save these as a group so the older version will import them. Thanks, Ken I Ken Ivins wrote: > I saved a folder of 44 emails to a pst file in Outlook 2003. When I > tried to import this to a computer with Outlook 2002 it gave me an > error message. Did I do something wrong or is there another way to > save these as a group so the older version will import them. > > Thank...

A large number of messages are pending in the e-mail server send q #2
Hello world. I have been getting a vast number of email in the out queue starting this past Monday. I have freezed those queues and delete all the messages addressed from my postmaster address to Envelope Recipients:SMTP:wovowtwasqi@ntli.net; even though the q is frozen the number of messages is still increasing how can I delete those Queues? "A large number of messages are pending in the e-mail server send queue. Verify that you have Internet connectivity. If you can view Web sites normally, contact your Internet service provider (ISP) to determine if there is a problem with the...

show text when mouse rolls over hyperlinnk
How do I get a text box and description display when I roll the mouse cursor over text or a hyperlink? Reference: Using Tool Tips in Publisher Web Publications : http://msmvps.com/blogs/dbartosik/pages/81254.aspx If you have more questions about Publisher webs, then post in the web group and we will try to help you there: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign DavidF "rm1231" <rm1231@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F2004526-4D2F-4ED7-9578-F157F04BED3C@microsoft.com... > How do I get a text box and description display when I r...