using 2004 on two comps. simultaneously

Version: 2004
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
Processor: Power PC

Los Angeles, CA
0
Chuck_Silverman

DateRange Lookup no exact match, can't use lesser
want to lookup up the date value entered in cells C15 through C22 Lookup table = $C $6 through $D $11 and return value in column 2 Problem - dates in C15 through C22 are date ranges. Formula must return the date in column D of the lookup table_array which corresponds to the date in cells $C$6 through $C$11 that is >=C15 and <= C 15 So if table looks like this c6 = 1/1/2010 d6 = 1/12/2010 c7 = 1/15/2010 d7 = 1/29/2010 c8 = 1/31/2010 d8 = 2/13/2010 c9 = 2/15/2010 d9 = 2/26/2010 c10 = 2/28/2010 d10 = 3/13/2010 c11 = 3/15/201...

Excel Formula for determining azimuth relative to true north between two sets of geographic coordinates?
Using the geographic coordinates for each, I've "translated" the FCC procedure for determining the distance between two transmitters ( per FCC 73.208) into Excel formulas. Excel gives identical distance results to the "fill-in" form provided in www.fcc.gov/mb/audio/bickel/distance.html . But there is no comparable formula in the FCC R&R for determining the bearing (azimuth) between the stations relative to true north, although the FCC's fill-in form does provide azimuth. My problem with using the fill-in form is that I have hundreds of computations to make and...

Office 2004 for Mac
Hi, Does anyone have information on the capabilities and functionality that will be provided in Entourage 2004? Also, what is the release date for Office 2004 for the MAC? ..The Mactopia web site doesn't provide much information at all. Regards Trevor In article <c0eh06$1mlb$1@si05.rsvl.unisys.com>, "trmbr" <trmbr@hotmail.com> wrote: > Does anyone have information on the capabilities and functionality that will > be provided in Entourage 2004? Also, what is the release date for Office > 2004 for the MAC? > .The Mactopia web site doesn't provide ...

Chart two variables with differing values
I'd like to chart data similar to: Year 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 Thefts 75 120 95 101 80 Veh. Mfg. 100,200 125000 130000 145000 125000 I want to produce a chart with the year on the abcissa and with the Thefts scale on left ordinate and Veh. Mfg on the right ordinate and have the scales set accordingly. I'm running Excel 2002. Seems i can't select the Format/Selected Series data Series/Secondary Axis to set the scales correctly. I'd like to get som...

Are you using Budget feature?
Hello guys, are you using Budget un Money? what for? what would you like changed/improved in it? thanks, Vadim Rapp Not much. It's too broken and limited by insistence that scheduled items must be in budget. Most of its problems stem from trying to make that work well. I'd use it more for comparing actuals to budget and doing variance analysis. If all Advanced budget allowed me to do was set category budgets by arbitrary time period as average values or discrete values and then support all the variance reporting, I'd be happy as a clam. I don't need Budget Groups--...

Problem using SaveAs method
Hi, I'm running a perl script which uses Win 32 OLE package for Excel operations. The script does some processing and populates a spreadsheet, after which it uses the 'SaveAs' method to save it as xls in the same folder in which the tool runs. This used to work fine until recently I upgraded from MS Office 2003 to MS Office 2007 version 12.0.6524.5003. Now, the script does not produce any xlsx file at all. I tried the same on another machine running Excel 2007 version 12.0.4518.1014, and surprisingly it generated the xlsx. Is this some known issue with this ver...

msMoney Business 2004, Job costs
how can i track job costs? ...

using macro to save a file produces runtime error 4198
I upgraded from Win-XP/Office 2003 to Win-7/Office 2007; the code below ran fine in Word 2003 but in Word 2007 generates runtime error 4198. The variables and directory location are valid. The parameters for FileName are updated for Word 2007; the grammer for the FileName appears correct (no grammer errors when macro runs as is, but grammer errors if I change the string.) When I substitute an actual file name in place of the variables, the code runs w/o error, but the Debug.Print statements generate correct strings. I feel kind of dumb- but what is different about use of variab...

problem using pst files with Exchange 2003 Standard
Hi, I am having problem using old Pst files when installing new Exchage 2003 Server. Every one in my organization worked in POP3 with pst files , (Outlook 2000/XP) without any difficults. Now, After I have installed Exchange 2003 Standard Edition, and I moved their old emails trough the pst files into the new Exchange Mailbox, I am having Problem reading those mails. I have moved them using the Outlook Drug and Drop feature or even Import/Export Sometimes. Now, those emails are there, but I just can`t use them. They are become unavailable (Gray Color). Please, help find a solution for th...

Highlighting text using conditional formatting
Hi All I'm trying to highlight certain text in a list - namely all text that end with river, stream or creek. I've been trying to use conditional formatting but for some reason I can't seem to get it to go (I would have thought * wildcard would have done the trick but no such luck). Ideally you would have a different colour for rivers, creeks and streams. The list is like this Grey River Brash Creek Fred Stream Hell Stream Roger River Turd Creek and so on (about 3000 entries) Any ideas about how you can do this? Feedback appreciated. Thanks Mike Try this... Select the text ...

Field values used to filter a report
I have a report that is based upon a query that filters the data in a variety of ways. The net result is a listing of Zip Codes that I ultimately use as a part of the data for a report. The contents of this report is limited to the Zip Codes from the query. (Not a true filter) I need to be able to print this list of zip codes in a comma seperated list in the report header. I am sure this can be easily accomplished but for the life of me I cannot figure this out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. There are 2 parts to your question: a) How to provide an interface ...

Outlook and Offline Folders using IMAP #2
I'm running Outlook 2007. It seams to support the IMAP protocol reasonably well. However, I can't figure out how to move messages between folders when I'm offline (it gives an error message saying I can't, see below). This same operation works fine in MS Windows Mail (the equivalent of Outlook Express that ships with Windows Vista) and Mozilla Thunderbird. It's clearly not a limitation of IMAP. I can download messages and read and delete them when I'm offline. I just can't move them between folders unless I'm online. Since Outlook synchronizes any change...

Setting the Startup Options for an Access 2007 database using VBA
Afternoon everyone, I'm trying to use the information from an MSDN page of roughly the same title (Setting Startup Options Programmatically in Access 2000, http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa140020(office.10).aspx) to setup the startup options of my database. Firstly, I don't know whether this option should be placed in a module or event (like Form_Load). Secondly, I'm not too sure that I have the code correctly written down: Private Sub Form_Load() Dim dbs As CurrentProject Set dbs = Application.CurrentProject dbs.Properties....

Use the same cell from many worksheets to create a chart?
I have a new worksheet for each day, labeled with the date. I want to pull data from the same cell (like "P-3") in each worksheet and put it into a chart. Example: On ten worksheets, pull the data from cell P-3 (arbitrarily called "income"). Then, put that P-3 data into a chart that tracks daily income: the date itself (taken from the worksheet name) plus the data. Any idea how to do this? You need to create a summary region on a worksheet, and use this as the data source for your chart. See this page for more details: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/Char...

Two charttype on chart
Hi, I have export the data to excel from Vb, then add the graph in excel and set my secondary axis as.. ..SeriesCollection(4).AxisGroup = xlSecondary then how we set this group only as chatrtype as xlLine and the primary axis values by Column charttype -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com Hi, Try this, ..SeriesCollection(4).AxisGroup = xlSecondary ..SeriesCollection(4).ChartType = xlLine Cheers Andy shah firdaous via OfficeKB.com wrote: > Hi, I have export the data to excel from Vb, then add the graph in excel > and set my secondary axis as.. > .SeriesCollection(4).Axi...

two servers for two domains
i have two domains, the first is 2000 and the second is NT. the exchange server is installed on NT. all the users (of the domain NT and 2000) are installed on a exchange server in the NT domain. i would like to have two servers exchange, one for the users on NT domain and the other for the users on 2000 domain, but with the same suffix (i mean "@microsoft.com") and with the server exchange on NT who goes on internet for the external email. how i can do this? thanks XCON: Sharing SMTP Address Spaces in Exchange 2000 PSS ID Number: 321721 cinqueg.nospam@yahoo.com wrote: > ...

Microsoft Money 2004 Standard
OS: Windows XP Pro SP1a Microsoft Money Version: 2004 Money file: New (didn't bother importing 2003 file yet). Fresh clean reformat of Windows XP. Purchased Microsoft Money 2004 on Saturday and installed it onto my new install of Windows XP. Flawless. Set up bills etc in Money 2004 as well as accounts. Beautiful. Found a neat feature that I never noticed in my Microsoft Money 2003 Business and Deluxe version, which is the ability to use direct connect through my financial institution, Summit Credit Union. I set up this feature in money, logged on using my password and user id. Statement...

Changing database used with ODBC link
I have a excel spreadsheet containing many (we're talking thousand here!) of cells which look-up information via an ODBC link to our SQ Server database. This database has recently changed, so I need to mak every one of these queries point to a new database in the system Unfortunately the name of the database appears to be hardcoded in t each query. I have tried in vain to do a search and replace in a tex editor on the spreadsheet, but as I feared once I have done this th spreadsheet no longer opens. Is there any way to globally update the queries used? I don't fanc manually updating e...

how to use captions -> Cross-reference
I'm interested in word 2007's ability to maintain cross references such as 'on figure 7 we can see that' so that if I added another figure it would automatically update to figure 8 etc. I've tried to use word 2007 help but it's patchy and minimal, I don't understand where the normal help files are. For example if I search for captions the first hit is the 'add or delete captions' page, but on that page there's no mention of cross-references or how to use them. I also can't find an index of help items like there is in visual studio or ...

How can I use fscommand() to send message to outer ocx control?
Hello I have wrote a ocx control which with a dialog in it using mfc. I place a SHOCKWAVEFLASH object in this dialog and handle the FSCOMMAND event such as: ---------------------------------- void MainDialog::OnFSCommandShockwaveflash1(LPCTSTR command, LPCTSTR args) { AfxMessageBox(_T("fdfd"),MB_OK); } ---------------------------------- I place this ocx control in my html page. But when flash call fscommand() the event handler cannot receive any events. This html page code follows at: ------------------------------------- <object name="flashObj" id="flashObj&qu...

Using cost basis for net worth report
I would like my "Net Worth" report to show my investments on a cost basis (i.e. at the price I bought them), not as their current price. Is there any way I can do that? No. "Kevin Dorrell" <Kevin Dorrell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:79127E17-14EF-403D-833A-E0D672C8D929@microsoft.com... >I would like my "Net Worth" report to show my investments on a cost basis > (i.e. at the price I bought them), not as their current price. Is there > any > way I can do that? Oh. That's not very good, is it! Thanks for the rep...

Popups used more than once
Is it a good idea to use the same popup in more than one place or should you make a copy of it. I have a customers popup that I need to call on more than one form. Is there any possibilty of a conflict. if more than one user is using the database if they call the same popup at the same time? Robert Robert, Probably won't be a problem. However, if you have miultiple users, the very strongly recommended approach is for each user to have his own separate copy of a front-end application file, linking to the core data tables in a shared backend file. That way, "call the sa...

I bought a new PC. Can I use my old PC Product key to activate?
My new PC comes with 6 month trial Office 2007. Can I simple activate my licence from the old PC by inputting my PRoduct key during activation? How did you come by the software on the old PC? If it is an OEM version that came installed on the PC, then it is only licenced to be used on that particular PC. If it was a boxed version that you purchased, you can un-install it from that PC and then install it on the new one. Probably best to remove the trial version first. -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to o...

Using Photo Watermarks
I wish to use a colour photo as a watermark in the design of a DVD insert when using Publisher 2000. However, as the colours are strong, the title text (in black) in the foreground is difficult to read. How can I make the colours paler so as to make the title text more legible? It seems to be possible to do this when using clip art and a single colour, but not photos. The only possible solution I have found is to convert the photo to grey scale, and then use the colour palette to choose the intensity of the grey. BUT - I want to retain the colours. All suggestions gratefully received. Sp...

opening an excel form using an access button #2
thanks for the suggestion. thats what i'm doing now. is there any wa to integrate access and excel so that I can install all together o different machines -- -Brian-H ----------------------------------------------------------------------- -Brian-H-'s Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=566 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26446 I don't understand the question. What do you mean "install"? The Office applications? Or YOUR applications? **** Hope it helps! **** ~Dreamboat Excel VBA Certification ...