use one microsoft office for two home computers?

This is a stupid question, perhaps, but I've got Office X on my
home/business imac. I just bought a new ibook. Do I need to also
purchase a second copy of Office (or at least Word) for this new
computer, or am I licensed to use my current Office on the ibook?

Is there some way to buy a second license without shelling out an
additional $200 for a whole new set of Office on CD?
0
c.shea5 (1)

In article <ae4effbb.0404061657.6f1db654@posting.google.com>,
 c.shea5@verizon.net (CShea) wrote:

> This is a stupid question, perhaps, but I've got Office X on my
> home/business imac. I just bought a new ibook. Do I need to also
> purchase a second copy of Office (or at least Word) for this new
> computer, or am I licensed to use my current Office on the ibook?
>
> Is there some way to buy a second license without shelling out an
> additional $200 for a whole new set of Office on CD?

You can read your Office X license in the Welcome application in the
Microsoft Office X folder.

But briefly, you're allowed to install Office on one desktop and one
laptop, for your "exclusive use". That means that you're not allowed to
use office apps at the same time on both machines.

If you have a student or educator in your household, you can get a
Student and Teacher edition for $149. The license allows use on three
machines, but does not allow upgrades.
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
4/7/2004 1:17:29 AM
There appears to be no specific info on individual licensing on the Office X
Website.

This is some contact info from the website

"We offer many licensing programs to suit the different needs of
individuals, organizations, and academic users. If you have questions about
your license or would like advice about finding the right licensing program,
please contact us. To speak to a Microsoft representative, call (800)
426-9400|"

--
Paul Ballou
MVP Office

Control the things you can and Don't Worry about the things you can't
control.

On 4/6/04 18:57, in article ae4effbb.0404061657.6f1db654@posting.google.com,
"CShea" <c.shea5@verizon.net> wrote:

> This is a stupid question, perhaps, but I've got Office X on my
> home/business imac. I just bought a new ibook. Do I need to also
> purchase a second copy of Office (or at least Word) for this new
> computer, or am I licensed to use my current Office on the ibook?
>
> Is there some way to buy a second license without shelling out an
> additional $200 for a whole new set of Office on CD?

You are allowed to install it on a desktop and a laptop without purchasing a
new license. You cannot, however, use it at the same time on both machines
while they are on the same network.

Here is an excerpt from the End User License Agreement:

1.1 General License Grant to Install and Use Software Product.  You may
install and use one copy of the Software Product on a single computer,
device, workstation, terminal, or other digital electronic or analog device
(�Device�). You may make a second copy of the Software Product and install
it on a portable Device for the exclusive use of the person who is the
primary user of the first copy of the Software Product.  A license for the
Software Product may not be shared.

--
Walt Basil
www.basilweb.net

You can email me at (firstname)AT(lastname)web.net

[ANN] Office 11.3.8 update

if cell is text move left one column

Using scanner in Word97

Office 2007 forms

Using later version of microsoft access

office don't remember to Provide feedback with sound
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3346246767_13130669 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit Has any body else have this problem? Every time I start an office 2008 application I have to mark the �provide feedback with sound� in the preferences again. Office apps mysteriously uncheck this option on their own. I remember this from 2004 and from X as well. Any one have any clue to why this is happening? Please Cc the answ...

Office installation and Windows 7

Microsoft Outlook 03-11-10
I have just got a message saying not installed for the current user and it will not load. But I've been using it for years. George George;131443 Wrote: > I have just got a message saying not installed for the current user and > it > will not load. But I've been using it for years. > > GeorgeGeorge, welcome to the forum. When you post (here or in any forum), you will get faster and less frustrating replies if you do a few standard things: - try to define the problem in the thread title. Since this is an Outlook forum, simply stating "Mic...

Using Company Wide Mail Templates.

Check out that pack from the Microsoft Corp.
--llhgxblnry Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="broryxkaxlyu"; type="multipart/alternative" --broryxkaxlyu Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="sugmntysaz" --sugmntysaz Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Client this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2006, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to continue keeping your computer secure from these vulnerab...

Dynamic Range Selection Using VBA

Configure Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook
While trying to configure Ms CRM for outlook throws an error message HTTP Status 401: Unauthorized.Can anyone put me out of this issue. ...

How to split an account into two accounts
8 years ago I started my 403B and 401A retirement accounts with Fidelity as a single account. It did not both me that the paper showed them as two accounts and I should have fixed it sooner. Now that Fidelity is allowing me to download the information it is clear that I should have two accounts. However I have purchased 4 mutal funds every two weeks for the past 8 years and now to split them it appears I need to move 2 of these sets of fund transactionss to a the account. The move one transaction at a time is growing old. Is their an easy way or to accomlish a mass move of all transac...

Is Outlook 2000 compatiple with Windows XP Home?
It seems to be having problems if it is... something like Outlook has experience a problem and must close. I rand the compatibility wizard, but it didn't help. Can you? Hi, I have Outlook 2000 installed on my XP Home machine and it works fine. >-----Original Message----- >It seems to be having problems if it is... something like >Outlook has experience a problem and must close. I rand >the compatibility wizard, but it didn't help. Can you? >. > Rod <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > It seems to be having problems if it is... something...

Using Publisher 200 with Publisher 2003