Urgent! Help Needed To Install Office 2008 on MacBook Air

Version: 2008
Processor: intel

This morning I was told to install MS Office for Mac 2008 on my bosses MBA. We have a multi license package and the disk for his computer is off site. I used a disk that has been installed on another computer thinking that I could at least get it installed and enter the correct product key later. The installer kept stalling out and crashing so I put the folder it had installed into the trash bin and emptied it.

I now have the correct product key and I can't get to the installer screen that has the input prompt for the key.

I really have to get this software installed and configured today and I'm completely dead in the water. Any suggestions please?

Thanks
0
dell1 (2)

Your problem is not clear. From what you write, it doesn't sound like
you have actually installed the program (well, you did, but then you
trashed it, so it's not on the computer), so you would need to install
it again, and then try to enter the key.

This *might* help, keeping in mind that I can't tell what your actual
situation is:
http://www.entourage.mvps.org/version/license_version.html#reset

dell@officeformac.com wrote:
> Version: 2008
> Processor: intel
>
> This morning I was told to install MS Office for Mac 2008 on my bosses MBA. We have a multi license package and the disk for his computer is off site. I used a disk that has been installed on another computer thinking that I could at least get it installed and enter the correct product key later. The installer kept stalling out and crashing so I put the folder it had installed into the trash bin and emptied it.
>
> I now have the correct product key and I can't get to the installer screen that has the input prompt for the key.
>
> I really have to get this software installed and configured today and I'm completely dead in the water. Any suggestions please?
>
> Thanks

0
daiyaNOSPAM (1173)
4/7/2008 5:33:26 PM
Thanks Daiya, it worked like a charm! The boss is happy and I'm very happy.
0
dell1 (2)

I need to add mew rows for different spots.
I have this data: 06/01/02 ABC 06/02/02 BAC 06/03/02 CAD 07/01/02 NAD 07/02/02 CAD 07/03/02 BAD I need to add new rows after 06/03/02 and 07/03/02 everyday. Can you help me to automate the process? There are formulas for second colums and I need those formulas to be included at new rows. Thank you in advance ...

Re Installing Windows Defender
Hi! I am trying to re install Windows Defender But each time I try to I get a message saying "unable to install because Microsoft Client Protection is ON please remove same an run installer again" I have uninstalled Windows Defender using Add and Remove Also did a search in My Computer and Registry nothing found How do I install Windows Defender ThanX Do not install Windows Defender-----Instead install MSE (Microsoft Security Essentials) Read about it at MS. "Mike van der Merwe" <michaelvdm@telkomsa.net> wrote in message news:2-a...

Help with counting formula
Sheet 1, Row 1, Column 2 - opening hours divide into 15min segments. B1 - 08:00, C2 - 08:15, D2 - 08:30, and so on. Sheet 2 , Columns 1 and 2 - a list of each agents break times. Column A - Start time (eg 10:00) and Column B - End time (eg 10:30). Sheet 1, Row 2, Column 1 - summary titles. (eg Cell A2 - "Morning Break"). Problem: I need to summarise the number of agents away on, say, "Morning Break" per 15 min segment. So, B2 must count the number of people on "Morning Break" at 08:00, B3..the number of people of people on morning break at 08:15, a...

Network Installation Issue
Hi everyone! I have two computers with Windows XP Home edition and Wireless Network. I want to install RMS 2.0 and use one of them to store the database and act as a register and the second one only as a register. How do I set this up? I installed RMS on both of them and SQL Express on database server. But I cannot connect to the database from the second computer. Thank you in advance for all replies. Hi, You probably need to share the drive. You will want to make sure your wireless network is secure. Do you already have the RMS 2.0? If so you might want to contact the partner from wh...

Unable to install steam
I have just bought a new game that needs steam to run. When I try to install I get the message that the 'system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation'. I am the system administrator and have no idea what it is on about or how to get this to work. Any help greatly appreciated. It does work on my laptop though. On Sat, 28 Aug 2010 11:35:03 -0700, nickydwuk wrote in message <news:726A9793-C1F3-4386-A202-6C2988F83A5C@microsoft.com>: > I have just bought a new game that needs steam to run. When I try to install > I get the message that the &...

How to konw which version of VC pack installed?
I want to find out whether one PC that ship with VC have install a visual studio sevice pack , and if yes , then which version the package is. After s serrch in the registry, i found such a key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VisualStudio\6.0\ServicePacks whose value indicate the version of package. What i want to ask is if above method apply to all window's platform ? My platfor is Win2k professional. Thanks! youhua wang Take a look at the following KB article INFO: How to Determine If Visual Studio 6.0 Service Pack 3, 4, or 5 Is Installed http://suppo...

Open outlook express eml files with Office Outlook
How can I get my Microsoft Outlook e-mail software to open a Outlook Express .eml file save on a network. My objective is to be able to double click the .eml file or drag and drop it into my Microsoft Outlook application. Thank you, LS Lance <llscott@csicable.net> wrote: > How can I get my Microsoft Outlook e-mail software to > open a Outlook Express .eml file save on a network. My > objective is to be able to double click the .eml file or > drag and drop it into my Microsoft Outlook application. You have to open in with Outlook Express and then move it to Outlook fro...

Access 2003 Packaging & Deployment Wizard for Vista Install
Have had no problems installing on XP but Vista is different. For Vista Installations I have 2 queries: Believe I should be installing my program and associated files in the CommonAppDataFolder and that seems to correspond with the ProgramData folder when installed on Vista. However, when the front end is installed in ProgramData folder, the operator can't perform a compact/repair on the front end file?? Using the PDW how/where do I set up the installation of the back end data file? This needs to be accessible by all uses and don't want to run into the "virtualising&quo...

Help in turning off underlining and blue font
Hello, Does anyone know if there is a way to turn off the automatic underlining and blue font of the text when entering a email address in a cell? Thanks, Bob Tools / Autocorrect options / Autoformat Tab / Replace Network paths with hyperlinks - Deselect it -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission :-) ----------------------------------------------------------------------...

Help!!Getting audio files to play continuously during slide show?!
I have Powerpoint 2002, and i am having a hard time getting the music file to play continuously during the slide show. it plays on the first slide (which is the only slide that has the little speaker picture on it), but then it doesn't transition to the next slide until after the song is done, when i want the song to play while the slides are transitioning. HELP please! Mega, Have a look here and see if it helps, there are tuturials in video demonstrating the process. http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00047.htm -- Luc Sanders MVP - PowerPoint "MegaB86" <MegaB86...

Office Standard 2003, no more activations left by phone or online
I have used all of my activations, online and by phone. Am I out of luck and need to purchase a new key? Is there a way around this? If its a retail version you can install as often as you like providing you dont exceed the number of *working* PC's its licensed for. If an oem version its only licensed for the origonal PC "BettyBlue" <BettyBlue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A099EC53-A617-4083-83F7-889AECFFAD01@microsoft.com... >I have used all of my activations, online and by phone. Am I out of luck >and > need to purchase a new...

Please help with Exchange 2003 SMTP Connector
I'm trying to create an SMTP Connector in Exchange Server 2003, to have our company's email sent out (Internet/External emails) to a specific mail forwarder server (the "specific" server is our ISP/Firewall provider server). But I'm having problems understanding how to set this up properly with our Exchange 2003 Server, I know I have to create a new SMTP Connector but not sure what settings to make. Could someone please help me with this. Thanks William On Thu, 25 Feb 2010 22:41:39 -0500, "Bill" <wstyler@verizon.net> wrote: >I&...

DPM RC 2010 Agent Install on Windows Server 2008 R2
We are having trouble installing the DPM agent on a terminal server running Windows Server 2008 R2. If we install the agent manually, it installs fine and then gives this error when we try to attach it: 0x80004005 We removed all group policies from the server and turned off the firewall, but we still get this error. When I uninstalled the agent and tried to re-install through the console, this is what was in the error log: 12BC 0E94 04/06 14:07:08.824 03 agentcfg.cpp(475) [000000000076C200] NORMAL Cound not find configuration for DPMRA 12BC 0E94 04/06 14:07:08.824 03 run...

help needed for closing modeless dialog
hello, I have a dialog based application. Inthe OnInitDialog() of this dialog i am poping up a modeless dialog.Now i am placing a menu in the parent dialog.what i want is that when i close the modeless dialog by clicking the red cross button on right hand corner then only i should be able to pop up modeless dialog from the menu.Do i need to handle the WM_CLOSE;if yes how? It could also be sufficient is closing makes dialog invisible and then menu option makes it visible...... thanks in advance When the X is clicked, a WM_SYSCOMMAND message is sent with the ID SC_CLOSE indicated....

Out of Office Assiatance issues
Hi all, One of our users (UserA) is having issues receiving an Out of Office confirmation email when he emails a particular user (UserB). For test purposes I emailed this users (UserB) and received the out of office response. The UserA is able to receive other emails and there is no mailbox size restriction in place. What else can be done to investigate and resolve this issue. Version of Outlook the user is using is Microsoft Outlook 2002 ( 10.2627.2625 ) no Service Pack. "Leon" <ap76_at_email.com> wrote in message news:eRH1U3JdEHA.1764@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi a...

HELP PLEASE with Outlook Message
WhenI send and receive mail a message pops up on the sreen saying: Contacting then server for information. It then runs the green bars kinda like it is completing something and goes away. My email seems to be working ok but this just started. It is slowing me down very much. Has anyone information on this? All comments are appreciated very much. Keith Is it only on reading messages or elsewhere also? "Keith" <keithgirdley@blomand.net> wrote in message news:JOWdnej4T-nnY7jUnZ2dnUVZ_tHinZ2d@neonova.net... > WhenI send and receive mail a message pops up on the sreen s...

Problem registering Office:mac 2008

Help with XslCompiledTransform
I am using XslCompiledTransform to transform XML into Excel 2003 SpreadsheetML. In order to get the resulting XML file to open in Excel, we need the following two lines at the top of the file: <?xml version="1.0"?> <?mso-application progid="Excel.Sheet"?> I can get the <?mso-application ...> line by using an <xsl:processing-instruction> element, but for the life of me I can't get XslCompiledTransform to include the basic <?xml...> line. When creating the XmlWriterSettings for use in the transform, I have not altered the OmitXmlDeclarati...

Help mfcdll not working in vb
I am trying to write one MFC dll. I have created one test function declared like this in the cpp of dll _declspec(dllexport)void test() { AFX_MANAGE_STATE(AfxGetStaticModuleState()); AfxMessageBox("Hello"); } the problem is that this dll works fine when i use it in vc project but in VB it gives the following error Can't find dll entry point test in test.dll However when i declare this function in test.def it starts working in VB but gives an error in VC. I am not able to find out the reason for this behaviour. I will be thankful for any help on this. Sumit Marwal ...

need help simplying my formula..
for cell D25: =IF(A25=0,0,IF(RIGHT(B25,4)="Road","Road",IF(RIGHT(B25,6)="Bridge","Road",IF(RIGHT(B25,7)="Highway","Road")))) this means that, B25 could be "Bay bridge", "County Road", "Blue Highway", etc etc and the result for D25 would be "Road" is there a simpler way of writing this formula? 2nd question: for cell B5 IF(A1=0,0,IF(C2=4,IF(A1=5,5,IF(A1=6,6),A1))) can i write this any simpler? tia One way for the first part: =IF(A25=0,0,IF(OR(RIGHT(B25,4)="Road",RIGHT(B25,6)=&qu...

Win 2008 R2 backup
I am trying to schedule a system state backup to a network share using Windows Server Backup (Win 2008 R2). The backup runs fine when it's run manually, but it does not run when it's scheduled. Is there something I am overlooking or is it a problem with Win 2008? In article <eot2bZa1KHA.264@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>, steve@nothing.ork says... > > I am trying to schedule a system state backup to a network share using > Windows Server Backup (Win 2008 R2). The backup runs fine when it's run > manually, but it does not run when it's scheduled. Is ...

Match() - Offset()
Often I see mention of Offset(), Match(), & Index() XL functions. Could someone big-picture these functions for me? I have not used these functions yet in data lookup or evaluation. Shame on me. That said, The concept of "Index" I understand from db work. "Match" seems vaguely logical to me for "lookup" work. "Offset" means nothing to me yet. Reading the XL help or reference books do not give me typical uses and why's of the functions. My focus is the accounting/financial world. Using XP Pro & XL XP Pro SP1. Dennis This file b...

Reported error (0X800CC0F) the connection to the server was interrupted
I am receiving this error message on a client workstation, none of the other 4 users on the LAN are receiving this error. They are using Outlook 2002 connected through an ADSL modem. The user still can send and receive e-mails but this error message always appears. Any one have any ideas? Reported error (0X800CC0F) the connection to the server was interrupted Sean For those of you that have been getting "Sending and Receiving reported error .... connection to server was interrupted" as I have, try creating a new HTTP email account, send and receive a couple of messages from that...

I need a template
I need a template for a personal marketing plan (as in job search) www.google.com "Job seeker" <Job seeker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FF5875BC-3661-4D68-A24A-E8FC86B0059A@microsoft.com... :I need a template for a personal marketing plan (as in job search) ...

need registration name and key for reinstall
I purchased Money 2007 Premium in August, 2006, via Digital River download and I also ordered a backup CD. Everything worked fine until my computer died. Now I am trying to install Money on a new computer using the same backup CD. But it pops up a window entitled "Key Expired". It appears that I need a "registration name and key", "exactly as given to you". Perhaps I did receive this information before but it would now be lost on my dead computer. Is there a way to retrieve the requisite magic cookies from someone's web site? And what credentials...