Upgrading Microsoft Office when switching to OSX

I recently upgraded my Mac  from 9.x to OSX. I was running Office 2001
in 9.x. Do I have to buy new software to have the version of Office
that is compatible with OSX or can I download an upgrade?

0
maryrosec (1)

You can run Office 2001 inside Classic in OS X, or you can purchase Office X
or Office 2004 as OS X-native programs.  Office 2004 is the latest version.
Owning Office 2001 qualifies you for the discount on an upgrade copy, but
not for a free new version.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

daiyaNOSPAM (1173)
3/9/2005 6:10:11 AM
As to the other part of your question, AFAIK there is no download
available. It's available only as a package from any number of sources.

HTH |:>)

Microsoft CRM 3.0 with Microsoft Outlook Web Access
Is it existing un plugin for Microsoft Outlook Web Access. I installed the client for Outlook. Is somebody can help me Thanks ...

Mac Office 2008
I put the CD into my laptop and double clicked the installer. Right away, I was prompted to enter a "key code". It would not accept it. For one thing I had 21 characters and 25 characters are expected. In addition, the system was adding hyphens between the numbers as I typed, placement of the hyphens did not match the code printed on the outside of the box! Anyone else have this issue and find a solution? Thank you! LindaC9 Hi Linda - Make sure you're entering one of the 3 keys from the stickers on the back of the disk sleeve, not the number on the outer packaging. -- HTH |:...

microsoft office 2000
I have been trying to install office 2000 on a XP machine and have been running into trouble. I install the software, and then when the computer is shutdown, next time it is started back up, office is gone, it just disappears. Most of the files for office are gone and all the programs are gone. I have also been having this problem with Microsoft publisher 2000. Where I will install it, and then next time I start the computer it will be gone. Anyone have any idea? Is this a legitimate issue of Office? Do you have a Beta Office application on your computer? Are you installing the program a...

XP Upgrade

MS Office-Font Corruption Message??!!!
All of the sudden, the entire MS Office suite is yielding a "The font [name] is corrupt and should be removed." It goes through my entire library of fonts (1200+) and gives a message for each font, alphabetically. Anyone experience this? I've tried trashing the office font cache file - no luck. Mac OS X - 10.4.8 Using Linotype Font Explorer X for font management iMac 24" intel core duo HELP!!!! See if any of the suggestions mentioned on this page are helpful: <http://word.mvps.org/Mac/CorruptFontErrors.html> On 20/3/07 6:06, in article 1174367217.587258.12483...

Moving Office 2007 settings from an XP machine to a Windows 7 ma
Recently built a new machine, and want to move settings (including customizations and outlook rules, mailboxes and accounts) to the new machine. As noted in the title, the old machine is an XP Pro box, the new machine is running Windows 7. I’d rather not move macros and add-ins all at once (something is causing a problem and I’d like to install one at a time), but the Outlook set up and little tweaks (e.g., customization changes, style sets) will be a PITA to redo manually. I found a dizzying array of answers via Google, but none seemed to apply. Wasn’t there a built-in too...

Recommended upgrade from Money99
Is Money 2004 the best way to go? M05 will probably be out sometime in the next four months, if history is any predictor. "Dale Holland" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:cd5b01c4391c$cc96a9f0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is Money 2004 the best way to go? ...

Security Roles after the v3.0 upgrade
Is anyone else experiencing problems after the v3.0 upgrade with users not being able to close Opportunities or Activities? In order to fix this I have to assign them a different role. If I try to create a new role that mimics the role that doesn't work, it still doesn't work. Any ideas? Thanks, Amy Hi Amy, Are you creating a new role from the scratch? From another thread on this newsgroup, the same problem got resolved by copying the existing role to a new role (right click on the role and "Copy Role"). Please let me know if this works. -- Manisha Powar (Madhusuda...

Microsoft Update under Windows 7 shows [Error number: 0x8DDD0004]
I got a new HP notebook Elitebook 8540p with Windows 7 Professional preinstalled. When trying to run Windows Update everything works ok. When I try to run Microsoft Update (http://update.microsoft.com) in order to update all the other Microsoft programs like Office etc I get [Error number: 0x8DDD0004]. Strange thing is that the first add-on ('Windows Update' from 'Microsoft Windows Component Publisher') shows as unknown program from unknown publisher... I would expect it is signed as coming from Microsoft??? As per instruction from Microsoft I followed A...

Microsoft CRM 3.0 ignoring british summer time
Hello, We've got a installation of CRM 3.0 with rollup update 2 installed. Win 2k3 EE SP1 as guest on ESX 2.5 host. The guest servers are on BST (GMT+1), however any dates get saved on GMT on the database. This throws reporting off which is a serious concern around here. MS seemed to have pulled rollup update 3, however I went through the list of individual updates and none seem relevant Any ideas? Anybody suffering from the same thing? TIA The Crm database allways stores time in GMT. The conversion to and from local time is done in the user interface. The CRM database does...

MS Office Is Not Genuine
I purchased an OEM version of MS Office Pro 2003 in June 2004, and I have been using it ever since then, including several occasions of updates (up to SP3). For the past two days I have been getting error messages when I opened an Office application indicating that I do not have a genuine copy of Office. What can I do to LEGITMATELY eliminate this error message? Thanks for your help. Andrew What does the error message tell you to do? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. H...

betatest from Entourage/Office 2010/11 for Mac?
Hi, did anyone know about a betatest from Entourage/Office 2010/11 for Mac? Office 2010 available for Windows - but for Mac? -- VLG Fritz Stockhammer FritzS wrote: > did anyone know about a betatest from Entourage/Office 2010/11 for > Mac? > > Office 2010 available for Windows - but for Mac? The Mac Office betas are usually private and by invitation only. They've never, as I recall, been available to the public for testing although they do seem to get leaked every year. Mac Office is usually 6-12 months behind development time for Windows. They ar...

How to set Out of Office response using IE
We are using Exchange v5.5 with SP4. I would like to set the "Out of Office" reply message via Internet Explorer. How do I do that? TIA Outlook Web Access. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, KAL SANNEDHI asked: | We are using Exchange v5.5 with SP4. | I would like to set the "Out of Office" reply message via Internet | Explorer. How...

Microsoft Knowledge Base Article
I am getting an error with Outlook - "Some items could not be deleted. They were either moved or already deleted, or access was denied." I found the error in the MS Knowledge base with one difference. The article refers to the error occuring after deleted 5000+ items, however this error is happening when the user tries to delete 10 or so e-mails. He does not get the error everytime he deletes items. Any ideas anyone? Are you using exchange server and does it have AV running on it? Can you delete them if you use shift+delete? if so, known issue. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - O...

How to import custom toolbars from Office X to 2004?
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3169274775_5237938 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit How can I import custom toolbars from Excel 10 to Excel 11 � same in PowerPoint. Renaming preference files � toolbars (10) �> �toolbars (11) won�t work. Thanks from Munich Wolfram Fuchs --B_3169274775_5237938 Content-type: text/html; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable <HTML> <HEAD> &l...

error in microsoft outlook XP
My outlook have a error in read my file .pst, this error are 0x800406000. Please, help me Jander Penco. ...

Switching rows and columns
I am quite sure, in a long forgotten history, Lotus 1-2-3 had an option allowing one to switch column contents to rows and vice versa. I must be looking for the wrong keywords in help and google, can someone tell me how to swap rows and columns in excel? Alternatively, same question for OpenOffice Calc, which I also work with... THANKS! Sh. I don't use OO. But in Excel, you can select your range to transpose. then Edit|Copy Then select the top left cell of the new range edit|Paste special|check Transpose and then ok. You'll have to make sure that there is no overlap between the two...

install microsoft updates??
I bought a mac to avoid all the problems and viruses that come with a PC. I use word, excell, powerpoint. I don't use explorer or entourage on my mac. Should I still update my mac when I am prompted by microsoft? Microsoft says that the update will protect my computer from viruses, but i don't use the internet via a microsoft or windows application. any thoughts? No system is totally immune to viruses & other malware, although the Mac OS is less susceptible than Windows. The reference by MS - and Apple as well - should be taken with a grain of salt... Much of what is released ...

Microsoft CRM 3 And Calyx Point
Does anyone know if there is a third party product that integrates Microsoft CRM 3 and Calyx Point? If so, does it work well? Thanks. Rick Bellefond RB Data Services www.rbdata.com This might help. http://www.crmchump.org/2006/06/access_microsof.html ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "Rick" <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03C4B3C2-7BEC-4DC7-BF08-FC1F40F636A8@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know if there is a third party product that integrates > Microsoft > CRM 3 and Calyx Poi...

Problem in Microsoft Outlook XP
When I click to reply or create or forward email, computer ask me this message "A program is trying to access email addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be virus and you should choose No. I tried to scan virus with Mcafee Professional V8.0 but there is no virus detected. Anyone've got this problem before? How do I get rid of this warning? I believe this message is actually coming from Mcafee eventhough it doesn't look like it. For instance, with Mcafee installed I get that every time I try to syncrhonize with ...

Office won't let me insert pics from file
Up until today, I've enjoyed the ease of inserting pics from files into any office product. For some reason, today it's choosing to not be my firend. When I go to Insert>Picture>From File it just freezes. I've sent countless error reports to microsoft in hopes that I could figure this one out on my own, but I've hit a brick wall. I rebooted by computer, ran office updates and rebooted again, all to no avail. Any help would be appreciated -- I really don't want to have to reinstall Office if at all possible. Thanks! Turn the acceleration down on your ada...

Switching from Outlook Express
Is the only way to move emails and contacts from express to regular Outlook by exporting/importing? "Suzanne" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6a1301c3e676$b91caee0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Is the only way to move emails and contacts from express > to regular Outlook by exporting/importing? Yep - unless you install your own mail server like Mercury from Pegasus mail and do it that way....... >-----Original Message----- >"Suzanne" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message >news:6a1301c3e676$b91caee0$a501...

MS office Word, Powerpoint not working, HELP
I noticed shortly after the new year my MS Word and Powerpoint do not work, the programs ask for the Key code for installation. I plugged it in but it doesn't recognize it. My Excel works still and I noticed I have 2 versions of MS Office installed. Could that cause problems. I have MS Office Standard Edition 2003 and MS Office XP Standard for Students and Teachers. I am not sure what the difference is or if the latter is additional. Any thoughts why my Office would suddenly require a product code key and not load? Thanks! -- mangela ------------------------------------...

How do I get an activation code for Microsoft office (Student fre
I have tried repeatedly to find the activation code for the free student version of microsoft office?? -- sirteped nod "sirteped" <sirteped@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8916B043-BEA4-434A-BF11-0C983BB3A80C@microsoft.com... > I have tried repeatedly to find the activation code for the free student > version of microsoft office?? > -- > sirteped nod There is no FREE Student version of Office. All that work for longer than a short time you have to pay for. There is a 60 day trial that you can download and when you do that th...

upgrade for access 97
I'm still running access 97 and am buying a new pc 64 bit windows 7. Is there any way I can upgrade or make it possible to use this program? Thanks -- Faith Hi Faith, I'm not sure if Access 97 includes any 16-bit code. If it does, then it simply will not run on a 64-bit system. You could always purchase and install VMWare Workstation, which allows you to create virtual machines. You will need a licensed copy of the operating system, and any software that you install into a virtual machine. What identified need do you have for running a 64-bit operating system...